68-718 East Palm Canyon Drive, #401
Cathedral City, CA 92234Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilussarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603282300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Rojas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Julius and Sylvia playing your favorite variety of tunes. Also, Dwayne Fettig playing the traditional Italian and other favorite accordion sounds.
A word from Trilussa Ristorante
Trilussa serves traditional Italian cuisine in an intimate and family atmosphere. They serve great Italian seafood, steaks, pizza and pasta dishes with elegance and a smile. Front door parking to the restaurant available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trilussa Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trilussa Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)special occasion (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First time, excellent experience!phoenixbaggiesVIPDined on 9/23/2014I have dined at their Palm Springs location many times, first time here and initial impression it was decorated more upscale, staff were very welcoming, bar was full but not loud, mostly couples dining. The four of us had the summer dinner special, I had the Ceasar salad and lasagne, both were very good sized portions and excellent. I brought home the tiramisu, and ate it the following evening, it was also excellent. Great dining experience, we will go back!!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We were able to get a late reservation with open table. The restaurant was very accomodating as to where we would like to sit. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We all ordered differnet items and tried each others. The New York Steak was very good and tender, one of the table favorites was the Sand Dabs, the calamari was also very good. We will be coming back to this restaurant. Thank you for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodLadyDined on 9/8/2014This was a an exceptional Italian restaurant. Not to expensive for the wonderful meals that you are served. Nice wine list, great experience. We thought this was one of our better dining experiences in Palm Springs. So please stop by and enjoy as we did. We will return when in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for many yearsRezloverVIPDined on 8/18/2014As always, love this place in Cathedral City. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie and dinner!DebbieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat at Trilussa All the time! There is a reason for that, actually many! The service is top notch, the food is out of this world , just love the food! Wonderful ambiance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJimmyGeeDined on 8/9/2014First time dining at Trilussa. Wish I hadn't waited so long. The food was excellent, service very friendly and professional. Especially enjoyed the live music !Special Features:
- Always GreatEllenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Love Trilussa, staff is the best, food is great, like home!!!!!!Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014My first time in Palm spring an wanted to eat Italian food so I found this place on yelp. The food here was great. I will be back againSpecial Features:
- new york vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014took a client, new york attorney, for supper and it was, as usual, highly praised. Client said it was a definite eatery to go back to. They loved the food, service was exemplary and it remains one of my three favorite restaurants in the Palm Springs area.Special Features:
- Terrific Italian!OhpacoDined on 7/27/2014Trilussa has been our favorite Italian restaurant in the Palm Springs area for years and continues to impress us with the quality of its food and service. While it isn't inexpensive (what upscale restaurant these days is?) it's well worth the cost. As a bonus, the restaurant features a summertime three-course fixed price menu that is a great bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time AroundBuckoDined on 7/25/2014Second time at Trilussa wasn't as good. It's hard to top the first time. No specials this time. Had the sand dabs - too salty. The romaine wedge was huge and delicious though. Should have had the prix fixe. Great deal! There's a lot of menu to explore here. I'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & MissBubbaDined on 7/25/2014Our first trip to Trilusa was great - good service, good food. This most-recent trip was disappointing, especially the service. Server acknowledged our table soon after we were seated but it took 30 minutes to get drinks. Slow to return to take orders, then messed up 2 of the 4 entrees, requiring that they be re-made; 2 of us ate while the other 2 waited another 10 minutes for food. Food quality was good, but not great - lasagna could have been hotter, salad missing the crostini. Mgmt was aware of the error with the 2 entrees and apologized, but there was no adjustment to the bill - didn't even comp the one dessert that we all shared. Based on our first experience, we'll try Trilusa again, and hope it's a better experience next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningRobertDined on 7/3/2014Staff seemed a bit "scattered" when we first arrived. Tables remained cluttered with used dishes, longish wait at the host table. The one bartender was doing his best to keep up with the customers and wait on tables near the bar. Our waiter was pleasant & courteous but seemed new at the job. Long waits between his return to the table during dinner. Food was, as always, excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINESlilo42VIPDined on 7/1/2014We totally enjoy Trilussa. Pablo the Maitre'd is always there with a warm & friendly hello. The entire waiter staff & servers are excellent. One small caveat however, is a weak wine list and bottled water. Thank you in advance, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:
- Try TrilussaBuckoDined on 6/28/2014Cathedral City has not exactly been a destination for me. As it turns out, I attended a conference at a nearby hotel and was searching Yelp for a place to take a group to dinner. With 4 and a half stars, it was one of the better rated places nearby. I'm so glad I did - I'm giving it 5 stars. To start, reservations were easy on Open Tables. Next, the Maître de was very welcoming and accommodating when our group changed from 9 to 12 with very little notice. The ambiance is not my idea of a 5 star rating, but it was super clean, with warm colors, the right amount of light and comfortable seating. The main event was where they exceeded my expectations. The food was fabulous!. Don't let the strip mall scare you. Go. Try Trilussa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surprises!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014We stopped in for a dinner for 4, prior to our theater time. The food was much better than expected. The shrimp & pasta special with a champagne sauce was divine. The shrimp were colossal! Had to try the tiramisu, and it was very nice indeed. Service was a bit slow, which came across as a little indifferent. Her personality was great, but she wasn't perfectly on top of things as I would have liked. This could be our new favorite Italian restaurant.
- TrilussaPDpalDined on 6/27/2014Two of us had dinner at Trilussa. I had a chicken dish as did my friend. We thought the food was good and would like to return at a time when there was NO music. We had difficulty hearing each other talk and thought the live music was overwhelming for the size of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Private Dininglilo42VIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food & service! Top notch! Everyone works to deliver excellent customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good.luv2travelDined on 6/24/2014All 5 of us enjoyed our meal and the price was fair.Special Features:
- We will NOT go back.benzzerDined on 6/21/2014Three in our party of four ordered the Bassa Filet. Only the other guy could eat his, but he eats anything. Our wives could not eat more than a little of it...the texture of the fish seemed to be like a thawed TV dinner. The alledged pinot grigio and lemon caper sauce was terrible. I had the Veal Pizzaiola and it was tasty and ok. The whole dining experience was poor to fair when compared to Johnny Costa's or Castelli's. It actually was not near as good as Mario's or Papa Dan's at half the prices! My wife and I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir and it was very good.
- Another Great RestaurantMaroisronVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is terrific, the service is fantastic, the atmosphere with the music is great. This is the corner restaurant everyone craves. It is like being in your home except you don't cook, or serve or cleanup. Oh and on more thing. There aren't many homes that have food this great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trilussa--Cat CitySatisfiedDined on 6/10/2014We have eaten at Trilussa's previously a few times. Our latest visit was a repeat of prior visits in that the seating was prompt, our breaksticks, waters, and bread/olive oil pre-dining appetizers arrived promptly after seating by bus boy, and our waiter appeared for drink orders shortly after that. In all, the service was prompt and efficient. Two of the 4 of us ordered the summer special 3-course meal (chicken cacciatori, basso fish) and the other 2 order al a carte--everyone was pleased, as usual, with the presentation of the meals and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Found AgainGranpaDaveDined on 6/8/2014When this restaurant first opened some 14 years ago my and I were extremely happy to find it. Visiting it many times over the next 4 or 5 years. Then just stop going into the area from our home in Palm Desert. What a Great Joy to go back and find that in all these years the food, service, and hospitality has not changed. "just gotten better with age". Their other restaurant in downtown Palm Springs, Sammy G's is just as nice. Try them both you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Rest Week ReviewBarbTDined on 6/3/2014We went to Trilussa for the Restaurant Week deal and had eaten there before. The portions were reasonable, tasted great, and presented well. Love the olive tapenade they put on each table. I had the carpaccio appy and would order it as a main... Wonderful. My husband ordered the caprese appy and got 2 slices of tomato with a little mozzarella and basil on top (a portion disparity compared to the carpaccio) but he loved the balsamic syrup. Entrees were good (chicken Marsala and fish dish)and generous. Got 2large scoops of lemon sorbet ... 1 would have been plenty. A really great experience all around. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Everything about the restaurant was very good--food, service, ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 254 reviews are from the Trilussa Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good Italian FoodMemberVIPDined on 5/31/2014Restaurant Week menu includes a complimentary after dinner drink - nice touch. Large portions, as is typical at Italian restaurants. Food is very tasty and patio dining is quiet, unlike inside with the live music.
- Great Italian in Cat CityDavidDined on 5/28/2014One of the top Italian restaurants in the Valley with attentive service and great food, a real gem for Cathedral City all at reasonable prices, I have eaten there many times and have full confidence in recommending Trilussa to anyone visiting the Coachella Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningLuv2eatDined on 5/25/2014Delicious food served in a very comfortable setting with a great team of professionals taking care of you. And the musical entertainment is a nice touch.Special Features:
- Happening SceneLolaVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very friendly atmosphere. Service better than in the past, everyone very cordial. My favorite chopped salad was not quite up to par as it usually is, but overall I would give it an 8 on a scale of 1-10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Trilussa is one of our favorite places to dine in the desert. I do find the music a bit too loud. Staff is excellent and the food i very good.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceMarlee1212Dined on 5/10/2014The service we received from JD was totally inadequate and unacceptable. He did not seem interested and the manager was argumentative and not helpful. Food is very overpriced and poor quality...salads terrible
- Best Service in TownAndreasHuettenhoelscherDined on 5/3/2014Hi, the service was outstanding. I have a food allergy and he really worked arround all things that I can't eat. Highy to recommend. We had oizza and the portions are that big, that we were able to take half the pizza with us and eat it the next day. As a warning I have to say we are Europeans, so it might be, that for Americans the portions are just ok. Then I asked for "affogato" - they didn't know that but made it and it was really good and the surcharge between the espresso and the affogato was just 1.50 USD, really nothing. Wines were great and bread came with oliv oil and butter. We had an interesting conversation with the waiter, so it was more than a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Overall nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Good food and overall nice, relaxing meal. Good music to accompany dinner in the background.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary successLuvCocktailsDined on 5/2/2014I had been trying to find a romantic and relaxed experience to share with my significant other to celebrate our anniversary. I am so glad we chose Trilussa. Since the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and courteousness. The "Marcotini" cocktail started out night just right. Moving on to the dinning room we received superb service by Elizabeth who was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Then a surprise dessert with a romantic song... the perfect touch for a magical night for both of us... Thank You Elizabeth, Marco, Rogelio, and Juan Carlos for making our anniversary extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgolferDined on 5/1/2014I have never been disappointed at Trilussa. The food is consistently excellent, and the service is very good. Great place to go with a group.
- lovagreatsteakDined on 4/30/2014The food was very good and the service was excellant! Very nice restaurant, good place to bring family and friends. We'll be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic and lovelyshootingfromthehipDined on 4/29/2014I love Trilussa for a myriad of reasons. One of which, and first and foremost for me is the ambience. Lovely, and romantic. Next the quality of the food and service is first rate. Great wine list, and the server is always helpful in pointing out the wines that perfectly suit the entrée one has chosen. Lastly, the location. It is next to the Mary Pickford theater, which means dinner and a movie is most enjoyable, with proximity perfection. My very favorite for a great night out.Special Features:
- Great foodGrandpaDined on 4/22/2014This was our first time to Trilussa, our waitress was charming,the food great but the service was extremely slow. We waited over an hour for our entrees which was not acceptable. We also didn't appreciate having the 18 percent gratuity added after such bad service. We will give it a second chance and hopefully have a better experience next time.Special Features:
- First timersredwineDined on 4/18/2014As our first time coming to trilusa, it was an amazing experience. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary dinner and did not regret our decision. We highly recommend trilusa for a great dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trilussa Happy Hourtaster2Dined on 4/14/2014We have always been treated so well by the staff. The food is very good, especially the pasta dishes and the steaks on the happy hour menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.