68-718 East Palm Canyon Drive, #401
Cathedral City, CA 92234Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilussarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603282300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Rojas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Julius and Sylvia playing your favorite variety of tunes. Also, Dwayne Fettig playing the traditional Italian and other favorite accordion sounds.
A word from Trilussa Ristorante
Trilussa serves traditional Italian cuisine in an intimate and family atmosphere. They serve great Italian seafood, steaks, pizza and pasta dishes with elegance and a smile. Front door parking to the restaurant available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trilussa Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trilussa Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (25)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (22)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Reliable Neighborhood RestaurantTdrexVIPDined on 10/28/2014Trilussa is like a beloved pair of well worn shoes. Sometimes one forgets about it but when tired, in need of comfort or to introduce someone to a good find always reliable, comfortable and just plain good. Good food, good service, nice ambiance (inside and on the terrace, when the weather is nice) and extremely good value when one takes advantage of their generously diverse prix fix. Always recommended. Sorry Trilussa that sometimes we forget about you. Each visit however, renews the feeling that we need to visit you more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time not the charmnptcstmkwVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was our 3rd visit to Trilussa, celebrating my 50th birthday, which my wife had on our reservation. From the moment we were seated, the entire service felt rushed. In our previous visits, when Trilussa was very busy, we were allowed to enjoy our meal. On this occasion, the server was on us immediately to get our order (which was incorrect), and in less than 10 minutes we had our food. We were done with check in hand in about 30 minutes after being seated. Not even time to enjoy it! As for the meal itself, the food was average at best, definitely not on par with our prior two visits. We were so disappointed that it is highly unlikely we will go a 4th time. And no mention of it being my birthday by anyone, including the manager!
- ExcellentfoothillsgirlDined on 10/19/2014Celebrated a birthday. Come here each year and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- hermitDined on 10/18/2014One of our favorites. We live about 4 miles away in Cathedral City and have never been disappointed by our experiences here. Indeed, we have frequented Trilussa enough that several of the staff recognize us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Koolilo42VIPDined on 10/15/2014Pablo & his entire staff are always "SPOT ON". Great food, service & attention to detail at all times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephen WileySteveDined on 10/4/2014The entrance steps are a HAZARD, you need to replace the circular steps. They are not level and are likely too steep. (I'm an Architect.) The food was average at the best. The service was very good. The music too loud. I would not return. It is just not worth the money.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I almost canceled this reservation after looking at other peoples' reviews. To wit, Italian right out of the fifties, soggy pasta, overcooked this and that. I emphatically disagree. Trilussa cranks out traditional Italian dishes - chicken marsala, meatballs in tomato sauce, in short, comfort food for Americans who prefer the Italian food they have always known, in heaping platefuls. People who don't want their veal parmigiana tampered with. Having said that, our veal marsala was perfect, the veal tender, the sauce delicate with marsala flavor, the pasta in the meatball dish cooked perfectly al dente, as it should be. We left completely satisfied, and judging by the packed dining room, we would not be the only ones.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, excellent experience!phoenixbaggiesVIPDined on 9/23/2014I have dined at their Palm Springs location many times, first time here and initial impression it was decorated more upscale, staff were very welcoming, bar was full but not loud, mostly couples dining. The four of us had the summer dinner special, I had the Ceasar salad and lasagne, both were very good sized portions and excellent. I brought home the tiramisu, and ate it the following evening, it was also excellent. Great dining experience, we will go back!!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We were able to get a late reservation with open table. The restaurant was very accomodating as to where we would like to sit. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We all ordered differnet items and tried each others. The New York Steak was very good and tender, one of the table favorites was the Sand Dabs, the calamari was also very good. We will be coming back to this restaurant. Thank you for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodLadyVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was a an exceptional Italian restaurant. Not to expensive for the wonderful meals that you are served. Nice wine list, great experience. We thought this was one of our better dining experiences in Palm Springs. So please stop by and enjoy as we did. We will return when in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for many yearsRezloverVIPDined on 8/18/2014As always, love this place in Cathedral City. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie and dinner!DebbieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat at Trilussa All the time! There is a reason for that, actually many! The service is top notch, the food is out of this world , just love the food! Wonderful ambiance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJimmyGeeDined on 8/9/2014First time dining at Trilussa. Wish I hadn't waited so long. The food was excellent, service very friendly and professional. Especially enjoyed the live music !Special Features:
- Always GreatEllenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Love Trilussa, staff is the best, food is great, like home!!!!!!Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014My first time in Palm spring an wanted to eat Italian food so I found this place on yelp. The food here was great. I will be back againSpecial Features:
- new york vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014took a client, new york attorney, for supper and it was, as usual, highly praised. Client said it was a definite eatery to go back to. They loved the food, service was exemplary and it remains one of my three favorite restaurants in the Palm Springs area.Special Features:
- Terrific Italian!OhpacoDined on 7/27/2014Trilussa has been our favorite Italian restaurant in the Palm Springs area for years and continues to impress us with the quality of its food and service. While it isn't inexpensive (what upscale restaurant these days is?) it's well worth the cost. As a bonus, the restaurant features a summertime three-course fixed price menu that is a great bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time AroundBuckoDined on 7/25/2014Second time at Trilussa wasn't as good. It's hard to top the first time. No specials this time. Had the sand dabs - too salty. The romaine wedge was huge and delicious though. Should have had the prix fixe. Great deal! There's a lot of menu to explore here. I'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & MissBubbaDined on 7/25/2014Our first trip to Trilusa was great - good service, good food. This most-recent trip was disappointing, especially the service. Server acknowledged our table soon after we were seated but it took 30 minutes to get drinks. Slow to return to take orders, then messed up 2 of the 4 entrees, requiring that they be re-made; 2 of us ate while the other 2 waited another 10 minutes for food. Food quality was good, but not great - lasagna could have been hotter, salad missing the crostini. Mgmt was aware of the error with the 2 entrees and apologized, but there was no adjustment to the bill - didn't even comp the one dessert that we all shared. Based on our first experience, we'll try Trilusa again, and hope it's a better experience next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningRobertDined on 7/3/2014Staff seemed a bit "scattered" when we first arrived. Tables remained cluttered with used dishes, longish wait at the host table. The one bartender was doing his best to keep up with the customers and wait on tables near the bar. Our waiter was pleasant & courteous but seemed new at the job. Long waits between his return to the table during dinner. Food was, as always, excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Trilussa Ristorante reviews archive.
- WINESlilo42VIPDined on 7/1/2014We totally enjoy Trilussa. Pablo the Maitre'd is always there with a warm & friendly hello. The entire waiter staff & servers are excellent. One small caveat however, is a weak wine list and bottled water. Thank you in advance, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:
- Try TrilussaBuckoDined on 6/28/2014Cathedral City has not exactly been a destination for me. As it turns out, I attended a conference at a nearby hotel and was searching Yelp for a place to take a group to dinner. With 4 and a half stars, it was one of the better rated places nearby. I'm so glad I did - I'm giving it 5 stars. To start, reservations were easy on Open Tables. Next, the Maître de was very welcoming and accommodating when our group changed from 9 to 12 with very little notice. The ambiance is not my idea of a 5 star rating, but it was super clean, with warm colors, the right amount of light and comfortable seating. The main event was where they exceeded my expectations. The food was fabulous!. Don't let the strip mall scare you. Go. Try Trilussa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surprises!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014We stopped in for a dinner for 4, prior to our theater time. The food was much better than expected. The shrimp & pasta special with a champagne sauce was divine. The shrimp were colossal! Had to try the tiramisu, and it was very nice indeed. Service was a bit slow, which came across as a little indifferent. Her personality was great, but she wasn't perfectly on top of things as I would have liked. This could be our new favorite Italian restaurant.
- TrilussaPDpalDined on 6/27/2014Two of us had dinner at Trilussa. I had a chicken dish as did my friend. We thought the food was good and would like to return at a time when there was NO music. We had difficulty hearing each other talk and thought the live music was overwhelming for the size of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Private Dininglilo42VIPDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food & service! Top notch! Everyone works to deliver excellent customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good.luv2travelDined on 6/24/2014All 5 of us enjoyed our meal and the price was fair.Special Features:
- We will NOT go back.benzzerDined on 6/21/2014Three in our party of four ordered the Bassa Filet. Only the other guy could eat his, but he eats anything. Our wives could not eat more than a little of it...the texture of the fish seemed to be like a thawed TV dinner. The alledged pinot grigio and lemon caper sauce was terrible. I had the Veal Pizzaiola and it was tasty and ok. The whole dining experience was poor to fair when compared to Johnny Costa's or Castelli's. It actually was not near as good as Mario's or Papa Dan's at half the prices! My wife and I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir and it was very good.
- Another Great RestaurantMaroisronVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is terrific, the service is fantastic, the atmosphere with the music is great. This is the corner restaurant everyone craves. It is like being in your home except you don't cook, or serve or cleanup. Oh and on more thing. There aren't many homes that have food this great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trilussa--Cat CitySatisfiedDined on 6/10/2014We have eaten at Trilussa's previously a few times. Our latest visit was a repeat of prior visits in that the seating was prompt, our breaksticks, waters, and bread/olive oil pre-dining appetizers arrived promptly after seating by bus boy, and our waiter appeared for drink orders shortly after that. In all, the service was prompt and efficient. Two of the 4 of us ordered the summer special 3-course meal (chicken cacciatori, basso fish) and the other 2 order al a carte--everyone was pleased, as usual, with the presentation of the meals and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Found AgainGranpaDaveDined on 6/8/2014When this restaurant first opened some 14 years ago my and I were extremely happy to find it. Visiting it many times over the next 4 or 5 years. Then just stop going into the area from our home in Palm Desert. What a Great Joy to go back and find that in all these years the food, service, and hospitality has not changed. "just gotten better with age". Their other restaurant in downtown Palm Springs, Sammy G's is just as nice. Try them both you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Rest Week ReviewBarbTDined on 6/3/2014We went to Trilussa for the Restaurant Week deal and had eaten there before. The portions were reasonable, tasted great, and presented well. Love the olive tapenade they put on each table. I had the carpaccio appy and would order it as a main... Wonderful. My husband ordered the caprese appy and got 2 slices of tomato with a little mozzarella and basil on top (a portion disparity compared to the carpaccio) but he loved the balsamic syrup. Entrees were good (chicken Marsala and fish dish)and generous. Got 2large scoops of lemon sorbet ... 1 would have been plenty. A really great experience all around. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Everything about the restaurant was very good--food, service, ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodMemberVIPDined on 5/31/2014Restaurant Week menu includes a complimentary after dinner drink - nice touch. Large portions, as is typical at Italian restaurants. Food is very tasty and patio dining is quiet, unlike inside with the live music.
- Great Italian in Cat CityDavidDined on 5/28/2014One of the top Italian restaurants in the Valley with attentive service and great food, a real gem for Cathedral City all at reasonable prices, I have eaten there many times and have full confidence in recommending Trilussa to anyone visiting the Coachella Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningLuv2eatDined on 5/25/2014Delicious food served in a very comfortable setting with a great team of professionals taking care of you. And the musical entertainment is a nice touch.Special Features:
- Happening SceneLolaVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very friendly atmosphere. Service better than in the past, everyone very cordial. My favorite chopped salad was not quite up to par as it usually is, but overall I would give it an 8 on a scale of 1-10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Trilussa is one of our favorite places to dine in the desert. I do find the music a bit too loud. Staff is excellent and the food i very good.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceMarlee1212Dined on 5/10/2014The service we received from JD was totally inadequate and unacceptable. He did not seem interested and the manager was argumentative and not helpful. Food is very overpriced and poor quality...salads terrible
- Best Service in TownAndreasHuettenhoelscherDined on 5/3/2014Hi, the service was outstanding. I have a food allergy and he really worked arround all things that I can't eat. Highy to recommend. We had oizza and the portions are that big, that we were able to take half the pizza with us and eat it the next day. As a warning I have to say we are Europeans, so it might be, that for Americans the portions are just ok. Then I asked for "affogato" - they didn't know that but made it and it was really good and the surcharge between the espresso and the affogato was just 1.50 USD, really nothing. Wines were great and bread came with oliv oil and butter. We had an interesting conversation with the waiter, so it was more than a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Overall nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Good food and overall nice, relaxing meal. Good music to accompany dinner in the background.Special Features: