2134 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilliumdenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 379-9759
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR! 5:00- 7:00 pm in the bar, lounge or patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nordic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Leinonen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact the restaurant for details about off-site catering, we would be happy to accommodate your event!
- Special Events: Trillium offers a private dining area, a lounge and full restaurant buyouts for client special events. In-house special events happen monthly, please contact our Events Manager at email@example.com or call the restaurant directly for information about special events.
- Cross Street: Park Avenue East
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the 16th/Market Street bus station and eight blocks from the RTD light rail at Union Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are two pay lots on either side of Trillium, as well as plenty of metered parking. Please be mindful to leave adequate time to find parking on game day as we are in close range to Coors Field. Please contact the restaurant regarding any questions about game days. We encourage utilization of public transit, taxis, bicycles or walking to the restaurant as well!
A word from Trillium
Trillium is a lively modern bistro with exceptional, guest driven service and rustic cuisine that is rooted in the American & Scandinavian culinary tradition, creatively crafted around the freshest ingredients available. Our beverage program is geared towards small wine producers, eclectic beer offerings, and hand-crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Trillium - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Trillium reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (45)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (26)notable wine list (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food, Not much else greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Service was awful--45 minutes inbetween courses and awkwardly reaching across the table over our food. The restaurant itself was freezing. Food was delicious though, I especially recommend the smoked salmon under the smorg. part of the menu and the water buffalo cheese.Special Features:
- Always SolidAerahVIPDined on 7/23/2014Been here three seperate times for special occasions and am always pleased with the way things go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodfwlvr1VIPDined on 7/15/2014This was a real unusual find for us as we rarely eat in LoDo. The food has a scandanavian twist with fresh ingredient and unique preparations. I had the Foie Gras which was served with a Scandanvian soda bread. I was skeptical but it was fantastic. The pork chop was cooked to my prefered temperature and had a wonderful assortment of herbs and spices that I didn't recognize at all. We have so many fantastic chioces these days that it's unusual to come accross something I hadn't experienced before. I suggest that eveyone give this place a try.Special Features:
- excellent food, impeccable serviceDanBDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff were incredible. Could not have received better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great stuffkrillVIPDined on 7/10/2014A Scandinavian change of pace...nice attention to detail....perfectly prepared shrimp...loved the perch...good mains. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerekDined on 7/9/2014Second time here....as fantastic as the first! We loved it all and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Scandinavian flairVikingdudeDined on 7/5/2014Scandinavian food isn't typically known for finesse, but the perfectly-executed creative dishes at Trillium exquisitely extract the uniqueness of that cuisine. Service was great too. Just a wonderful experience of something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Tasting?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014My boyfriend and I went to Trillium to celebrate his birthday and we opted for the 4 course Chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. They weren't too busy that night, 3 tables totaling 6 covers (including us). To make a long story short, we were disappointed with the food that came from the kitchen. We both work in the industry so to us, a Chef's Tasting Menu means allowing the kitchen to create dishes of their choosing for us to sample. Well, they did chose each course for us but all of them were existing items on the menu. No sprucing up or changing things a bit. It was really more of a menu tasting than a Chef's tasting since there didn't seem to be a lot of creativity going on that night. Good thing the wine pairing was on point.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We stopped by before a show and had a wonderful time. The food was well prepared and generously sized. We liked the ambiance quite a bit. Even though the restaurant was filling up quick, we were able to have a quiet conversation and enjoy the dinner.Special Features:
- Great food not-so-great serviceJanetDined on 6/26/2014The food was really amazing, but be prepared to wait for your food for a long time. We were a party of 2, the restaurant wasn't very busy, and we waited over an hour for the food. The food was really great, but the service could be much faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/18/2014Fantastic meal. Best I've had in Denver. I hear the chef is up for a James Beard award. I hope he gets it.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014Went there with our son and his wife. Had heard how great it was, and we weren't disappointed. The food was flat out incredible!!Special Features:
- BeckyDined on 6/15/2014splendidly conceived and extraordinarily finished. What a "find". be sure to try the Riesling.Special Features:
- Love the food and presentationGoldenChrisDined on 6/10/2014Have dined at Trillium about four times now and look forward to our next visit. Every dish we had was artfully presented and the taste was highly innovative, exquisite and with fresh ingredients! Highly recommend this restaurant both to those wanting an upscale experience, or to those going to a Rockies game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual and fabulous foodVickiDined on 6/8/2014I had never eaten Scandinavian food before, much less such an interesting artistic version, with fabulously interesting tapas like "Duck Prosciutto." Since we went for the 1000 points we were there at 5:30 so no one else was there and we had the FULL attention of the wait staff, who recommended interesting menu possibilities. "Steak and Eggs," for example, was a tiny puff of egg custard with tiny strands of fried potatoes ("the fries!) and a kind of relish of raw beef. Amazing. This is definitely a place for the serious and interested eater and maybe not for one who is really craving a burger, or pepperoni pizza. Portions are small but we were full.Special Features:
- CelebrationEvanVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to Trillium for the first time early Sunday evening and were very impressed. We were well taken care of including complimentary champagne and an extra oyster. We sampled a lot of the menu and loved all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly Impressed!zagsterDined on 5/31/2014The food was FAB! The Scandinavian fare was interesting and the flavor profiles were just killer....and unusual! The trout entree absolutely blew my socks off. Hope this place's reputation continues to grow and I hope to return again soon. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Trillium delights!FeliciaDined on 5/31/2014Inventive, creative and delicious food! Great cuisine is an art form and Trillium knows how to delight and surprise the diner.Special Features:
- Great Food & Marginal Servicedp123Dined on 5/30/2014Food unique and was great. Portions were minimal and service was marginal. Slow delivery of bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Maybe the best meal in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Everything from the cocktails to the food was unique, beautifully presented, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBobbiDined on 5/21/2014My husband picked this restaurant and loved the food. He had everything he has been wanting for a while and simply enjoyed the plates. He had bone marrow which he loves, carviar, and I forget his entree. I had scallops and was completely satisfied with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully DeliciousfoodmakesmehappyDined on 5/16/2014We had a group of 5 adults and they accommodated us without issue. Portions for each course were on point. Try the akavit, they're fun (and strong). If we weren't moving away from Colorado soon, we'd be back in a heart beat. Don't let the Scandinavian fusion menu scare you, it was all quite delicious.Special Features:
- Best in Denver by far...eljobeanDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful, distinct, very fresh food with great choices that range from trumped up and refined American faves (NY Strip, Pork Chop, etc), to modern spins on traditional Scandinavian cuisine. The raaka smoked in a jar was one of the best conceived dishes I've eaten in a long time. Only pristine seafood here. Clear and defined flavors were present throughout. The space is divine, the lounging area is super cool for drinks/etc, the patio is small though, but I think it's as big as they can make it. Cocktails were great. Take note: this restaurant is ahead of the rest of the Denver dining scene in food and service, and would be right at home in SF, NCY, or CHI-town. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Boring food, inattentive serviceLilliBellaDined on 5/14/2014The food, while described beautifully, was quite flavorless.The cheese plate was anemic, and when we asked for bread or crackers to go with it... anything to add crunch... they not only looked at us like we were crazy but brought us half-toasted rye bread. The service was slow, and our server, who for some reason was also the bartender, was inattentive. My friend, who is vegetarian, mentioned that he was vegetarian, and the server said "oh, we'll just make you something". She refused to get a description of the dish from the chef... "oh, it could be pasta, but it might be beans. You never know" was the answer we got. His dish was a bean stew with apple salad on top. Odd, and not delicious. Also, $28 for a bowl of beans.
- Delicious and enjoyableOutstandinDined on 5/11/2014The food was great as always. The smorgasbord was very tasty. Good drink selections. Great service. Excellent bread and desserts.Special Features:
- Great FoodMrsSVIPDined on 5/11/2014I read in a previous review that someone ordered Trout and they were given salmon. They are currently offering a special Steelhead trout that comes pink in color. So maybe the patron was mistaken. Trout was good(amd pink), chicken was excellent and lamb was very tender. Waiting area is cute as well.Special Features:
- No Vegetarian OptionsnonplussedDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Ordered the eggs benedict and asked if it could be made vegetarian since there were no other savory veggie options. The waitress assured me that was possible--then came back 5 minutes later and asked me if I wanted bacon or sausage! When the benedict arrived, there were 2 watery, small eggs (very badly poached; the chef needs to practice poaching if benedict is offered). The soda bread was too spongy for such watery eggs. The meal was inedible. The cost for 2 small eggs and 2 pieces of soda bread was $15. My mother had the salmon but was not forewarned by the menu or the waitress that it would be raw. While raw salmon is a perfectly fine, customers should be warned before ordering. Will not return.Special Features:
- Scandanavian delightsPurpleMtnMommaDined on 5/10/2014It has been nearly 20 years since I dined in Sweden and Trillium provided a nice balance of fresh flavors in Scandanavian dishes. The Clam and Lamb features some tasty little meatballs and the bone marrow was our favorite dish of the night. Explore and enjoy!Special Features:
- Loved!DenverItalianFoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely wonderful!! We had the pork belly chop and braised lamb shank and both were wonderful!! We'll be back - SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing everything!semleonVIPDined on 5/7/2014Food...amazing. Service...amazing. This is on the repeat list for sure!Special Features:
- As nice the second time aroundcedyDined on 5/6/2014We first ate here last September. The menu has changed, but the food, presentation and service remains excellent. My pickled herring appetizer & belly pork chop (very rich) entrees were amazing (very rich). My wife's salad was nicely put together and tasty, and the steelhead trout was perfectly done. Desert was excellent too - a panna cotta of some sort. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Unique and Fun, but not too Crazytch7001VIPDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I have been to Trillium a couple of times and it's always great. I'm always amazed it's not crazy busy, but that's part of why we enjoy it so much. Raaka and Skagen are awesome. How many places have flights of Akvavit? Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful. Just wonderful.BohemianInTheBurbsVIPDined on 5/2/2014We'd been wanting to check it out and were not disappointed. Great happy hour specials. Be sure to try their specialties like house-made aquavit, meatballs, and well, anything Scandinavian. The bread served with dinner was amazing. The entrees were beautifully presented and scrumptious. Service was perfectly attentive. We were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceBillGDined on 4/26/2014An interesting and appealing menue with enough variation to satisfy most every taste. Although not the lowest cost meal you will have it was worth the price. Good wine list with great by-the-glass selections. Service was prompt without being obtrusive. Allowed to enjoy the meal and the friends I went with without feeling rushed to clear the table. A couple of minor faults - speciality cocktail was light on liquor and heavy on ice and mixer, corrected immediately w/o extra cost; and the bread pudding on the menue was not what one would expect but was tasty. Would go back and do recommend it to any and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service Served W/ DishesMonteeVIPDined on 4/24/2014From the moment the moment we arrived we were treated great. Throughout dinner we never wanted for anything, our server was incredibly patient and helpful. She explained the menu and wine list exactly so we understood. The Scandinavian inspired menu was really different but excellent. The Cauliflower soup was so delicious along with bone marrow served with a delightful pear compote. The caviar service was very affordable and good. The wine list is organized by flavor profile which made it easy to decide on a wine. Overall we enjoyed it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Easter Brunch!bettyDined on 4/20/2014Our family of 4 enjoyed brunch and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!AllieVIPDined on 4/12/2014Went for my parents anniversary, when we arrived they had great champagne ready for us! The server was amazing and had excellent recommendations. Everything we tried was phenomenal, especially the pork chop! Looking forward to going back for the "let the chef cook" experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food but a littleJimbo2VIPDined on 4/9/2014Good quality food but a little pricey if you have any drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GailDined on 4/1/2014This menu is exceptional, fun and satisfying, traditionally Scandinavian and cutting edge at the same time, with something for both adventurous and non-adventurous diners. We worked our way through the menu, starting with small and medium dishes and then sharing a generous entree. Don't miss the delicious Raaka, with its lovely smoky surprise presentation. Everything on the menu is well chosen, well presented, and a good value. Excellent cocktails, spirits and wines. Beautiful, comfy dining room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top perfect!MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 3/27/2014We had never been here before and we WILL definitely be going back! From the nice décor to the service, knowledge, and food this place has it all. Our waiter Hans was very knowledgeable of everything on the menu and did not hesitate to tell us about the different things since it was our first time. He provided impeccable service and suggestions. The back wait staff was also very attentive as well, making sure our drinks stayed full and we had anything else we needed (he was a cutie too). The food was absolutely magnificent! I had the scallops with the beet risotto and my taste buds went soaring! My partner had the pork chop which Hans recommended and he was right, it was the best chop we've ever had. We truly enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.