2134 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilliumdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033799759x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR! 5:00- 7:00 pm in the bar, lounge or patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Leinonen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Contact the restaurant for details about off-site catering, we would be happy to accommodate your event!
- Special Events: Trillium offers a private dining area, a lounge and full restaurant buyouts for client special events. In-house special events happen monthly, please contact our Events Manager at email@example.com or call the restaurant directly for information about special events.
- Cross Street: Park Avenue East
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the 16th/Market Street bus station and eight blocks from the RTD light rail at Union Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are two pay lots on either side of Trillium, as well as plenty of metered parking. Please be mindful to leave adequate time to find parking on game day as we are in close range to Coors Field. Please contact the restaurant regarding any questions about game days. We encourage utilization of public transit, taxis, bicycles or walking to the restaurant as well!
A word from Trillium
Trillium is a chic, lively, urban restaurant from Chef/Owner Ryan Leinonen that features eclectic cuisine rooted in the American and Scandinavian culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Trillium - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Trillium reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)special occasion (45)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (18)good for groups (15)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Definite Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great spot for grown up dining out. Every once in awhile you want to be around adults. Don't get me wrong, love kids and families, but there were none in evidence the night we were there and it was very enjoyable. Still had a low level sound TV with the Bronco game on. Food was delicious. We were there for Restaurant week so the menu was limited but our server said the dishes were on the regular menu. I had a chicken leg confit with juicy meat and crispy skin. Husband had an amazing trout dish, a large piece that looked like salmon. Extensive wine list including by the bottle, which, remember, you can take home now. As a third generation Denverite, I marveled at how that block has changed over the years. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MemorableicareDined on 8/23/2014I would not rate this as a very memorable visit. The wine list was shallow and the waitress seemed to be in a hurry. The appetizer was wonderful (corn pudding), the lamb was over cooked and I was expecting more lingonberry presence given the Scandinavian nature of the restaurant. The dessert pancakes were adequate, but again I was expecting a more Scandinavian flavor to them. In working my way through the top Denver restaurants, this falls to the bottom of my list.
- Trilliumheinz57Dined on 8/23/2014We had excellent service and the food was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Scandinavian disasterVirginiaDined on 8/17/2014We were the second table seated and ordered promptly. Server friendly and helpful but seemingly helpless in a non-stop downward spiral. We ordered apps and child's dinner, pickled perch, dried beef, and salmon from the al a carte section. They came out quickly. Perch was really good-remainder of dinner was a disaster. It took 90 minutes to get the rest of the food. The salad course was completely forgotten and came out after the dinner. One drink actually had "the rocks" served ten minutes after the drink came out because "they didn't want to delay the drink." Chicken seemed to have been under the heat lamp for the entire 90 minutes and was inedible. Need front of house management. Reached comical status by the end.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceClassicChefDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were outstanding. My wife and I chose Trillium for our 39th wedding anniversary based on the good things we had heard about Trillium from friends and associates. We were ot disappointed. My wife's scallops and my own lamb were to perfection. The little things served up by the restaurant was a nice surprise. We will go again, and have already recommended to others.Special Features:
- RoostVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything we had was amazing - cocktails, fried oysters, trout, gravlax, tender belly pork chop. Don't miss out on this gem!!Special Features:
- Delicious and creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014This is definitely a top restaurant in Denver. Food is fantastic. Great service. Creative drinks. Spectacular and creative desserts. One of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeriDined on 8/8/2014Staff was as friendly and helpful as you can get. We had some of the best scallops we've had in denver. Beet salad was to die for. I've been thinking about it since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceRobBDined on 8/2/2014Took my mom here for her birthday. What a treat. We were in Denmark this summer and were excited to try this here in Denver. Trillium isn't traditional Danish, but they aren't trying to be. Everything was so good and uniquely done. We shared the small plates and s'more board. Our kids ordered off the menu. Super accommodating for the kids even though they didn't have a kid menu per say. My 7 year old gobbled up the beet salad. Will recommend to my Danish mother-in-law. Easily accommodated the 6 of us, but ambience was great for a couples as well.Special Features:
- No lutefisk heresusanatthecastleVIPDined on 7/29/2014Been wanting to try this place since it opened. I loved the atmosphere but I loved the menu even more. I had a couple of small plates, foie gras & gazpacho. The foie gras makes me feel guilty but it was the most heavenly silky texture & mild flavor. My friend had the sweet crab salad & raved about it. However, the pastry chef made a couple of ice creams that made me wish it was a sweet shop. The Basil and the chocolate cinnamon were the best ice creams I've ever had & I'm not usually into superlatives. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not much else greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Service was awful--45 minutes inbetween courses and awkwardly reaching across the table over our food. The restaurant itself was freezing. Food was delicious though, I especially recommend the smoked salmon under the smorg. part of the menu and the water buffalo cheese.Special Features:
- Always SolidAerahVIPDined on 7/23/2014Been here three seperate times for special occasions and am always pleased with the way things go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodfwlvr1VIPDined on 7/15/2014This was a real unusual find for us as we rarely eat in LoDo. The food has a scandanavian twist with fresh ingredient and unique preparations. I had the Foie Gras which was served with a Scandanvian soda bread. I was skeptical but it was fantastic. The pork chop was cooked to my prefered temperature and had a wonderful assortment of herbs and spices that I didn't recognize at all. We have so many fantastic chioces these days that it's unusual to come accross something I hadn't experienced before. I suggest that eveyone give this place a try.Special Features:
- excellent food, impeccable serviceDanBDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff were incredible. Could not have received better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great stuffkrillVIPDined on 7/10/2014A Scandinavian change of pace...nice attention to detail....perfectly prepared shrimp...loved the perch...good mains. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerekDined on 7/9/2014Second time here....as fantastic as the first! We loved it all and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Scandinavian flairVikingdudeDined on 7/5/2014Scandinavian food isn't typically known for finesse, but the perfectly-executed creative dishes at Trillium exquisitely extract the uniqueness of that cuisine. Service was great too. Just a wonderful experience of something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Tasting?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014My boyfriend and I went to Trillium to celebrate his birthday and we opted for the 4 course Chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. They weren't too busy that night, 3 tables totaling 6 covers (including us). To make a long story short, we were disappointed with the food that came from the kitchen. We both work in the industry so to us, a Chef's Tasting Menu means allowing the kitchen to create dishes of their choosing for us to sample. Well, they did chose each course for us but all of them were existing items on the menu. No sprucing up or changing things a bit. It was really more of a menu tasting than a Chef's tasting since there didn't seem to be a lot of creativity going on that night. Good thing the wine pairing was on point.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We stopped by before a show and had a wonderful time. The food was well prepared and generously sized. We liked the ambiance quite a bit. Even though the restaurant was filling up quick, we were able to have a quiet conversation and enjoy the dinner.Special Features:
- Great food not-so-great serviceJanetDined on 6/26/2014The food was really amazing, but be prepared to wait for your food for a long time. We were a party of 2, the restaurant wasn't very busy, and we waited over an hour for the food. The food was really great, but the service could be much faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/18/2014Fantastic meal. Best I've had in Denver. I hear the chef is up for a James Beard award. I hope he gets it.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014Went there with our son and his wife. Had heard how great it was, and we weren't disappointed. The food was flat out incredible!!Special Features:
- BeckyDined on 6/15/2014splendidly conceived and extraordinarily finished. What a "find". be sure to try the Riesling.Special Features:
- Love the food and presentationGoldenChrisDined on 6/10/2014Have dined at Trillium about four times now and look forward to our next visit. Every dish we had was artfully presented and the taste was highly innovative, exquisite and with fresh ingredients! Highly recommend this restaurant both to those wanting an upscale experience, or to those going to a Rockies game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual and fabulous foodVickiDined on 6/8/2014I had never eaten Scandinavian food before, much less such an interesting artistic version, with fabulously interesting tapas like "Duck Prosciutto." Since we went for the 1000 points we were there at 5:30 so no one else was there and we had the FULL attention of the wait staff, who recommended interesting menu possibilities. "Steak and Eggs," for example, was a tiny puff of egg custard with tiny strands of fried potatoes ("the fries!) and a kind of relish of raw beef. Amazing. This is definitely a place for the serious and interested eater and maybe not for one who is really craving a burger, or pepperoni pizza. Portions are small but we were full.Special Features:
- CelebrationEvanVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to Trillium for the first time early Sunday evening and were very impressed. We were well taken care of including complimentary champagne and an extra oyster. We sampled a lot of the menu and loved all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly Impressed!zagsterDined on 5/31/2014The food was FAB! The Scandinavian fare was interesting and the flavor profiles were just killer....and unusual! The trout entree absolutely blew my socks off. Hope this place's reputation continues to grow and I hope to return again soon. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Trillium delights!FeliciaDined on 5/31/2014Inventive, creative and delicious food! Great cuisine is an art form and Trillium knows how to delight and surprise the diner.Special Features:
- Great Food & Marginal Servicedp123Dined on 5/30/2014Food unique and was great. Portions were minimal and service was marginal. Slow delivery of bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Maybe the best meal in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Everything from the cocktails to the food was unique, beautifully presented, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBobbiDined on 5/21/2014My husband picked this restaurant and loved the food. He had everything he has been wanting for a while and simply enjoyed the plates. He had bone marrow which he loves, carviar, and I forget his entree. I had scallops and was completely satisfied with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully DeliciousfoodmakesmehappyDined on 5/16/2014We had a group of 5 adults and they accommodated us without issue. Portions for each course were on point. Try the akavit, they're fun (and strong). If we weren't moving away from Colorado soon, we'd be back in a heart beat. Don't let the Scandinavian fusion menu scare you, it was all quite delicious.Special Features:
- Best in Denver by far...eljobeanDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful, distinct, very fresh food with great choices that range from trumped up and refined American faves (NY Strip, Pork Chop, etc), to modern spins on traditional Scandinavian cuisine. The raaka smoked in a jar was one of the best conceived dishes I've eaten in a long time. Only pristine seafood here. Clear and defined flavors were present throughout. The space is divine, the lounging area is super cool for drinks/etc, the patio is small though, but I think it's as big as they can make it. Cocktails were great. Take note: this restaurant is ahead of the rest of the Denver dining scene in food and service, and would be right at home in SF, NCY, or CHI-town. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Boring food, inattentive serviceLilliBellaDined on 5/14/2014The food, while described beautifully, was quite flavorless.The cheese plate was anemic, and when we asked for bread or crackers to go with it... anything to add crunch... they not only looked at us like we were crazy but brought us half-toasted rye bread. The service was slow, and our server, who for some reason was also the bartender, was inattentive. My friend, who is vegetarian, mentioned that he was vegetarian, and the server said "oh, we'll just make you something". She refused to get a description of the dish from the chef... "oh, it could be pasta, but it might be beans. You never know" was the answer we got. His dish was a bean stew with apple salad on top. Odd, and not delicious. Also, $28 for a bowl of beans.
- Delicious and enjoyableOutstandinDined on 5/11/2014The food was great as always. The smorgasbord was very tasty. Good drink selections. Great service. Excellent bread and desserts.Special Features:
- Great FoodMrsSVIPDined on 5/11/2014I read in a previous review that someone ordered Trout and they were given salmon. They are currently offering a special Steelhead trout that comes pink in color. So maybe the patron was mistaken. Trout was good(amd pink), chicken was excellent and lamb was very tender. Waiting area is cute as well.Special Features:
- No Vegetarian OptionsnonplussedDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Ordered the eggs benedict and asked if it could be made vegetarian since there were no other savory veggie options. The waitress assured me that was possible--then came back 5 minutes later and asked me if I wanted bacon or sausage! When the benedict arrived, there were 2 watery, small eggs (very badly poached; the chef needs to practice poaching if benedict is offered). The soda bread was too spongy for such watery eggs. The meal was inedible. The cost for 2 small eggs and 2 pieces of soda bread was $15. My mother had the salmon but was not forewarned by the menu or the waitress that it would be raw. While raw salmon is a perfectly fine, customers should be warned before ordering. Will not return.Special Features:
- Scandanavian delightsPurpleMtnMommaDined on 5/10/2014It has been nearly 20 years since I dined in Sweden and Trillium provided a nice balance of fresh flavors in Scandanavian dishes. The Clam and Lamb features some tasty little meatballs and the bone marrow was our favorite dish of the night. Explore and enjoy!Special Features:
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Absolutely wonderful!! We had the pork belly chop and braised lamb shank and both were wonderful!! We'll be back - SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing everything!semleonVIPDined on 5/7/2014Food...amazing. Service...amazing. This is on the repeat list for sure!Special Features: