2134 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilliumdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033799759x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR! 5:00- 7:00 pm in the bar, lounge or patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Leinonen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Contact the restaurant for details about off-site catering, we would be happy to accommodate your event!
- Special Events: Trillium offers a private dining area, a lounge and full restaurant buyouts for client special events. In-house special events happen monthly, please contact our Events Manager at email@example.com or call the restaurant directly for information about special events.
- Cross Street: Park Avenue East
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the 16th/Market Street bus station and eight blocks from the RTD light rail at Union Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are two pay lots on either side of Trillium, as well as plenty of metered parking. Please be mindful to leave adequate time to find parking on game day as we are in close range to Coors Field. Please contact the restaurant regarding any questions about game days. We encourage utilization of public transit, taxis, bicycles or walking to the restaurant as well!
A word from Trillium
Trillium is a chic, lively, urban restaurant from Chef/Owner Ryan Leinonen that features eclectic cuisine rooted in the American and Scandinavian culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Trillium - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Trillium reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (27)notable wine list (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Scandanavian tastebudsdingdineDined on 10/21/2014Trillium offers some very unique dishes out of Scandinavia. If you're not up for trying something new or don't like seafood, this probably isn't the place for you. Fish was very fresh! Food was delicious!! Great small plates and smorgasbord. Loved that they had Gjetoast!Special Features:
- TrilliumOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014This restaurant exceeded my expectations! The food was great, very unusual menu, but it appealed to everyone in my group of 6. The presentation of the food was outstanding, as well as service being exceptional! The cocktail menu, and the wine list was very impressive! All in all, a very positive, pleasant dining experience! We live far from downtown, and have very high expectations when we come downtown to dine, and this restaurant did not disappoint. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- fun night outKitaVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a nice night but the restaurant wasn't that crowded and we were there over 2 hours because it took forever for the food to come out and then one of the dishes wasn't even hot. The pork chop and steak were delicious though and our server was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!!Emorypete88VIPDined on 10/16/2014Started with 3 fried, and 3 raw oysters. The orange vodka sauce on the raw oysters was spectacular! The beet salad included beets 3 ways and frozen goat cheese, which resembled ice cream in a savory, amazing way. My steak was topped with pickled mushrooms (the best!!), arugula, and cheese sauce served atop horseradish fingerling potatoes. My mom's pork chop was perfect - had a great glaze and blueberry almond topping, served with bacon sweet potatoes. The flavors were explosive on all accounts. We selected the pancake dessert with house made berry ice cream, and pistachios. The ice cream stole the show. Cant wait to come back for happy hour to enjoy oysters and champagne. Thanks for an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Scandinavian goodnessVikingdudeDined on 10/11/2014Our second visit to Trillium didn't disappoint. Great, creative food and relaxed but attentive service. Trillium is just a wonderful place to unwind over an exceptional meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014One of the best restaurants in denver. I love the cocktails and the smoked fish. The desserts are fabulous and creative. They have a cool lounge bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lastminutereservationmanDined on 10/1/2014Last minute reservation, not busy and very quiet, service was very good along with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite in Denverlove2eatVIPDined on 10/1/2014Near the Rockies' stadium, but definitely not ballpark food! Pleasantly clean decor (love the fireplace that looks like an aquarium), fun cocktails and great food with a Scandinavian flair.Special Features:
- Long wait for interesting foodFunBirthdayDined on 9/30/2014The ambiance is very nice. There are definetly some interesting food choices you won't find anywhere else. Servers were friendly and knowledgable but it took forever. There were only two other tables filled while we were there and it took an hour to get our food. The kids had gotten their food and finished it and it was still another 20 minutes before the adults received their food.Special Features:
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Shared the crab and goat cheese tartine and toast "skagen" small plates with my dining companion and had the grilled steelhead trout entree to myself. Quite possibly the best seafood entree I've had in a while along with the starters. You can certainly tell that the chefs have great focus on what they are putting out. Could be the best meal I've had in Denver among many notable restaurants. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a buttery chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time dinner visit!CasualFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Our date night included a first time visit to Trillium. Even with the LoDo Octoberfest going on outside, inside was a calm and relaxed environment that complimented a wonderful, tasty dinner. We started with the warm fish-shaped rolls and beet salad topped by an amazing smooth & creamy frozen goat cheese, almost like ice cream. Three smorgasbord tasters followed, each a flavorful different taste: salty east coast oysters, creamy butternut squash soup, and Scottish salmon on toast. For the main, my wife & I shared the crispy skinned pork chop served over diced sweet potato. Too full for dessert, we finished with espresso and tasty toasted almond Akvavit. Absolutely wonderful, and worth another visit to try the trout and desserts we missed!Special Features:
- Amazing flavors!AmateurFoodieDined on 9/26/2014I had read about Trillium a while ago and it got high marks, but I had not been to dine there. My husband surprised me with an Anniversary Dinner. They gave us a taste of complimentary Champagne to celebrate along with a little taste of what was to come. A delicious appetizer Colorado smoked bass whipped into a light mousse on a toast round. It was delish! The rest of the meal was exquisite with an explosion of flavors in each dish. The host was very nice and visited many times to tell us about the food, answer questions and make sure we loved everything. Our server was equally attentive and helpful. It was a delightful dining experience and we will come back with friends. Thank you Trillium for making our Anniversary extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiloDined on 9/24/2014Creative dishes, well prepared and tasty. The house-infused Aqvavit sampler was quite unique and very flavorful - I only regretted having done the 5-sampler a little the next day... Service was quite good as well. They attentively took care of our group of 10. Restaurant space is quite open and echoey so noise level is high - even though wasn't all that full the night we were there.Special Features:
- ct789Dined on 9/20/2014I've been to the restaurant twice and food was good both times. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorriDined on 9/20/2014This is and outstanding, unique place to eat. Everything was delicious. The staff was very helpful with suggestions on how to choose. This is a great spot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Hidden GemNashtravelmgmtVIPDined on 9/18/2014On a grungy strip near the baseball stadium hides a gem of a restaurant tucked between two rather typical "college bar" looking establishments. The service is outstanding. The food is presented with fine dining touches, complete w amuse bouche, and thoughtful arrangement. As far as taste and quality, this ranks near the top. Michelin it is not, but it is very James Beardy. Can't wait to go back the next time I'm in Denver! And to think we almost abandoned out reservation when we got out of the cab and saw the neighborhood. We would have missed the best meal I have ever had in the Mile High City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InventiveALS2014Dined on 9/13/2014Truly interesting, exciting, and delicious food. Wonderful attention to detail. Very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummDatenightdinersDined on 9/11/2014The small plates were light and delicious. My wife had the lamb t-bone, and it was hands down the best lamb I have had in Denver. I had the New York strip. As a guy I appreciated that it was pretty good sized and very well cooked. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, but...JCAustinDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is very nice inside with a pleasant atmosphere. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgable and friendly. We went during restaurant week so the menu was different than usual (though no complaints on the menu that night). Both our appetizers and salads were good. For the main course, I had the lamb and my wife had chicken. The lamb was very good but the chicken was overcooked. Overall, it was a good restaurant but given the miss on the chicken, not someplace we would race back to with all of the other choices downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekCayjayDined on 8/28/2014The options for the Restaurant Week prix fixe were varied and all interesting. I had the trout for my entree and it was incredible. My bf's lamb was good, but I thought it was under-salted and the sauce too sweet. But, the only real complaint was out server--very inattentive. And when my bf expressed dissapointment in his cocktail (a bourbon-based drink that had nearly no bourbon), she just argued with him instead of getting him something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rst Wk ChallengesChallengesVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our service and time of food delivery was slow, I would assume due to Restaurant Week. We wanted the full menu and it wasn't available. Entrees to way too long to come, no one addressed the situation. Steer clear during these weeks as they are challenged to pull it off. I know it’s a challenge keep your place up to speed this week but you need to find a way to make it happen.Special Features:
- Definite Date NightWannaBfoodieDined on 8/28/2014Great spot for grown up dining out. Every once in awhile you want to be around adults. Don't get me wrong, love kids and families, but there were none in evidence the night we were there and it was very enjoyable. Still had a low level sound TV with the Bronco game on. Food was delicious. We were there for Restaurant week so the menu was limited but our server said the dishes were on the regular menu. I had a chicken leg confit with juicy meat and crispy skin. Husband had an amazing trout dish, a large piece that looked like salmon. Extensive wine list including by the bottle, which, remember, you can take home now. As a third generation Denverite, I marveled at how that block has changed over the years. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!jesijamsVIPDined on 8/26/2014We tried Trillium during restaurant week and can't wait to go back again! Everything was great! This may be one of our new favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateEmil56Dined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Trillium. The shrimp toast (skagen) was delicious and my husband enjoyed his salad. The trout was very nicely cooked and both the peach cobbler and the pancakes finished off the evening nicely. We were a bit concerned driving here as there was not much parking and what there was was still metered. This meant my husband needed to leave to put in more money halfway through dinner. This wasn't conducive to relaxing. This is not the restaurants fault but the City of Denver may need to rethink it's metering to help out small businesses. I know it's close to Coors Field but this was not ok. The only problem we had in the restaurant was the air conditioning was still on and since it had rained, it was cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MemorableicareDined on 8/23/2014I would not rate this as a very memorable visit. The wine list was shallow and the waitress seemed to be in a hurry. The appetizer was wonderful (corn pudding), the lamb was over cooked and I was expecting more lingonberry presence given the Scandinavian nature of the restaurant. The dessert pancakes were adequate, but again I was expecting a more Scandinavian flavor to them. In working my way through the top Denver restaurants, this falls to the bottom of my list.
- Trilliumheinz57Dined on 8/23/2014We had excellent service and the food was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Scandinavian disasterVirginiaDined on 8/17/2014We were the second table seated and ordered promptly. Server friendly and helpful but seemingly helpless in a non-stop downward spiral. We ordered apps and child's dinner, pickled perch, dried beef, and salmon from the al a carte section. They came out quickly. Perch was really good-remainder of dinner was a disaster. It took 90 minutes to get the rest of the food. The salad course was completely forgotten and came out after the dinner. One drink actually had "the rocks" served ten minutes after the drink came out because "they didn't want to delay the drink." Chicken seemed to have been under the heat lamp for the entire 90 minutes and was inedible. Need front of house management. Reached comical status by the end.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceClassicChefDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were outstanding. My wife and I chose Trillium for our 39th wedding anniversary based on the good things we had heard about Trillium from friends and associates. We were ot disappointed. My wife's scallops and my own lamb were to perfection. The little things served up by the restaurant was a nice surprise. We will go again, and have already recommended to others.Special Features:
- RoostVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything we had was amazing - cocktails, fried oysters, trout, gravlax, tender belly pork chop. Don't miss out on this gem!!Special Features:
- Delicious and creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014This is definitely a top restaurant in Denver. Food is fantastic. Great service. Creative drinks. Spectacular and creative desserts. One of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeriDined on 8/8/2014Staff was as friendly and helpful as you can get. We had some of the best scallops we've had in denver. Beet salad was to die for. I've been thinking about it since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceRobBDined on 8/2/2014Took my mom here for her birthday. What a treat. We were in Denmark this summer and were excited to try this here in Denver. Trillium isn't traditional Danish, but they aren't trying to be. Everything was so good and uniquely done. We shared the small plates and s'more board. Our kids ordered off the menu. Super accommodating for the kids even though they didn't have a kid menu per say. My 7 year old gobbled up the beet salad. Will recommend to my Danish mother-in-law. Easily accommodated the 6 of us, but ambience was great for a couples as well.Special Features:
- No lutefisk heresusanatthecastleVIPDined on 7/29/2014Been wanting to try this place since it opened. I loved the atmosphere but I loved the menu even more. I had a couple of small plates, foie gras & gazpacho. The foie gras makes me feel guilty but it was the most heavenly silky texture & mild flavor. My friend had the sweet crab salad & raved about it. However, the pastry chef made a couple of ice creams that made me wish it was a sweet shop. The Basil and the chocolate cinnamon were the best ice creams I've ever had & I'm not usually into superlatives. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not much else greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Service was awful--45 minutes inbetween courses and awkwardly reaching across the table over our food. The restaurant itself was freezing. Food was delicious though, I especially recommend the smoked salmon under the smorg. part of the menu and the water buffalo cheese.Special Features:
- Always SolidAerahVIPDined on 7/23/2014Been here three seperate times for special occasions and am always pleased with the way things go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodfwlvr1VIPDined on 7/15/2014This was a real unusual find for us as we rarely eat in LoDo. The food has a scandanavian twist with fresh ingredient and unique preparations. I had the Foie Gras which was served with a Scandanvian soda bread. I was skeptical but it was fantastic. The pork chop was cooked to my prefered temperature and had a wonderful assortment of herbs and spices that I didn't recognize at all. We have so many fantastic chioces these days that it's unusual to come accross something I hadn't experienced before. I suggest that eveyone give this place a try.Special Features:
- excellent food, impeccable serviceDanBDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff were incredible. Could not have received better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great stuffkrillVIPDined on 7/10/2014A Scandinavian change of pace...nice attention to detail....perfectly prepared shrimp...loved the perch...good mains. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerekDined on 7/9/2014Second time here....as fantastic as the first! We loved it all and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Scandinavian flairVikingdudeDined on 7/5/2014Scandinavian food isn't typically known for finesse, but the perfectly-executed creative dishes at Trillium exquisitely extract the uniqueness of that cuisine. Service was great too. Just a wonderful experience of something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.