369 West Vine Street
Lexington, KY 40507Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trianglegrille.com/
- Phone: 8592813773x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Winslow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Kincaide Room is a beautiful private dining area located next to the Triangle Grille. This room can be set to the customers liking: conference style, individual tables, rounds or U shape layout can be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Larry Murray 8592813773x
- Entertainment: We have Local Groups mainly solo artists, duos and some trios. Ranging from Contemporary Rock, Jazz, Blues and Bluegrass. Every Friday and Saturday Night from 10pm -1am!
A word from Triangle Grille
We Support our local growers and producers with a celebration of our cultural heritage and regional cuisine. Season by season.....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Triangle Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)Show More
- Downtown hotel diningParamedic635Dined on 7/26/2014Service was exceptional; food was tasty; filling brunch choice and also a breakfast buffet. Large window seating next to a busy street so either you can watch people go by or if you want privacy ask for a different seating location. Would recommend to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- half full and servers complainlmw0Dined on 5/3/2014We arrived there for one of our two reservations. The first one we arrived at 8:45pm, we sat, the restaurant was maybe 30% full and we waited for over 30 minutes for small meals...one soup and two salads. The place was quiet because all diners were waiting for meals for long periods of time The second res. we cancelled as timing was questionable about our arrival back from Louisville and the Derby with our bus tour group...just as well as no sooner did we arrive (9:20pm), we were about to be seated and were told that it would be 30 minutes before our food would arrive, after the order would be taken. 40% full maybe. We walked away. Servers were complaining about being slammed...really? Maybe earlier but at 9:20? Didn't see it.
- Nice restaurant, however IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Nice restaurant, however I was not happy with my experience this time. I came to eat before a concert with my kid and my friend and her kid. We arrived at 615 and ordered our food in a timely manner. However our food did not arrive until 710 then to make matters worse our children's food didnt arrive when the other food did. After 15 min and speaking to the manager we all finally got our food delivered. We ended up missing part of our concert because of this. Also we didnt get refills even though we asked for them. The food wasn't bad but the situation just kinda put a damper on our night.Special Features:
- Food was deliciousM4SLEXDined on 2/16/2014We came for brunch and just missed the cutoff. My wife wanted to leave when the waiter was stern that breakfast items can no longer be ordered. The director of food services was much more flexible and willing to make pancakes & an omelet for her. He really turned things around. The food was delicious! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An okay placeKYgirlDined on 2/15/2014Our service was very slow. We were seated and didn't order for another 40 minutes because our waiter never came back. It was during a UK home basketball game, but 3 hours before tipoff. They also put us all the way in the back in a room full of UK people, so no view of Triangle Park as advertised and we even asked to be seated at a 2 top table with park views but was told no. I can't say that I'll eat there again unless I'm staying at the hotel and have no time for anywhere else. I thought it was separate from the hotel by the description but it's not. Could have ordered the same menu off room service. The food was ok. My brisket was a little dry but I was afraid to ask for more sauce because of the slow service.Special Features:
- Really disappointingFrenzisorDined on 2/14/2014I expect the restaurant to be a fine dining place, unfortunately it was nothing more than the Hotel's breakfast area buffet room. It was not ugly, but neither special. The food was OK but nothing special. If you want BBQ sauce from Kroger on your pork chop them this is the place for you. The waiters were unprofessional. They looked like the crew in charge of the "continental breakfast". We were having ourvalentinesdate and were not happy at all with the place. Please avoid if you are looking for quality.
- An okay experienceFirsttimedineDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went here on Valentine's Day and it wasn't something to write home about. The food was alright, I did enjoy the hot brown, but she wasn't a fan of her food and we had to ask for bread. The waiter was nice but was too focused on one table and ignored the rest of his tables for the most part. It's an attempt at high class but they may want to leave the ketchup bottles off every table.
- Business lunchAdmanDined on 1/9/2014Had lunch for business. Food was enjoyed. Service was excellent -- stopped by table just enough for great service but not to interrupt conversation. Very courteous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitorChristmas2013Dined on 12/25/2013pleasant last minute find when looking for restaurant that was serving Christmas Day dinner. The daily menu was offered as well as the holiday menu. Having a choice was helpful. Service very good with a full restaurant.Special Features:
- It felt like we were robbed.DylanDined on 11/22/2013This was a terrible experience and we will never return. I don't believe I have ever went to a "fine dining" restaurant that had laminated menus similar to a Denny's. We arrived at 5:15 and did not receive our meals for 45 minutes. During this time our waiter only checked in once and that was to say that our food was coming out shortly....and then we waited another 15 minutes. Once the food arrived it was incredibly underwhelming. My wife's chicken was overcooked and chewy and I had the Tuna steak which was supposed to be medium rare, but arrived well done and flavorless. Our meal was $70 and I have had significantly better food for 1/3 of the price at a chain restaurant. Everyone I know will hear how bad this experience was.
- Go Cats!BnuttallDined on 11/4/2013We went to the Hyatt for their game day buffet, but they changed to a restricted menu. We didn't want bar food and the burgers we had weren't up to Sawyer's standards. Why am I saying this? Well. If you want a nice game day menu, come to the Triangle Grill. Yes, there is a limited choice, but with salad and wine, you can enjoy a delightful meal before the game. As for "vibrant bar scene," "hot spot," or "gem," I don't know. We picked Triangle Grill because it has good food, is close to Rupp and convenient, and they take reservations so we don't have to wait in line.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2013We arranged this restaurant for our Daughter's college Graduation, and we could not have been more pleased! From the fabulous wine list to the amazing and delicious food choices, and excellent service, our party of 9 was completely taken care of!! The service and food were so great that we came back after the graduation ceremony to eat again later that night at the bar!!! What fun! We all were able to sample 2 entrees or appetizers and try a few different martinis - SO GOOD! Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large party and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We had a large party and they were very accommodating. The food and service was excellent! The staff was very knowledgeable with the menu and drinks. The food was delicious! I would highly recommend the southern comfort!Special Features:
- We were surprised that atjendDined on 3/30/2013We were surprised that at 6pm we were the only ones in the entire restaurant. For the hour we were there, no one else came in. The ham & bean soup was very good, but the steaks were overcooked.
- Great food...cold room!PaulInLexDined on 3/2/2013We had an early reservation for a big concert across the street at Rupp. We were seated promptly, and got a window view, which is always nice on an event night. Great people watching. The food was great, but we did overhear the waiter telling people seated only 10 minutes later that their entre could take 45 minutes! The restaurant was not full. I think the kitchen was also slammed trying to serve concert-goers in the Big Blue Martini lounge, w/in the Hilton. The only negative was the temperature. The restaurant opens into the hotel lobby. It is a wide opening. Due to the concert check-in traffic, the front door of the hotel was effectively wide open for hours! I would guess that the temperature was in the high 50s or low 60s. Too cold!Special Features:
- Go CATS!BnuttallDined on 2/27/2013We attend UK basketball games at Rupp and an 8:00pm tipoff provided a perfect opportunity for a nice dinner before the game. A quick check with OpenTable revealed we could get a table. I did. We arrived early intending to wait in the bar, but they asked did we want to go ahead and be seated. We did. They offered a menu of game day specials; we both selected the 8oz ribeye. They had a nice wine selection and we began a delightful evening with a glass. Our steaks were perfectly medium rare and flavorful. The broccoli was nicely steamed. The service was great and we enjoyed our dinner. As we left, we went ahead and made reservations for brunch before the next home game.
- Inside the hilton, was quietReidDined on 2/14/2013Inside the hilton, was quiet for valentines day. If you want a place to eat and dont have reservations then this is the place since it doesnt seem like it gets very busy. Nothing was wrong with the food or wine, just not very busy.Special Features:
- Nice place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Had a great experience at Triangle Grille. Snuggled in the middle of Downtown Lexington in the Hilton Hotel the view of triangle park and the downtown scape is soothing and nice on the eyes. The waiters and hostesses were wry nice and accomadatSpecial Features:
- Escellent food and great waiters.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Escellent food and great waiters. overall expierence was great. will definately visit again.
- We stayed at the Hilton whileChaffja99VIPDined on 12/15/2012We stayed at the Hilton while we were in Lexington for UK basketball game. It was a 12:30 game so we made a reservation at the Triangle Grille for brunch before the game. It was busy...mostly because it's such a convenient place to dine before a game. The food was very average hotel breakfast food....omelet station, pastries, fruit, waffles, etc...
- For what it is before a basketballMarcodinerVIPDined on 12/8/2012For what it is before a basketball game, it's good.
- We had a pretty good dinnerTerryDined on 10/25/2012We had a pretty good dinner here. I had the filet mignon, and my wife had the catfish. My dish was excellent, perfectly cooked and very tasty. Hers was average at best. The catfish was fried like a country fried steak, and the Charleston rice was like something out of a Chef Boyardee can. We also ate breakfast here two days in a row. The breakfast bar is top-notch. Everything you could ask for including omelets cooked to order. If I was staying at the Hilton, I would probably eat the dinner here again, just because the dinner choices nearby are limited. I would definetly eat the breakfast.
- The food & service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012The food & service were both good. I just couldn't get past the fact I was definitely in a hotel restaurant and could hear customers in the lobby and kids going in to their Prom.Special Features:
- A quick and easy place toMarcodinerVIPDined on 2/25/2012A quick and easy place to grab a bite before a Kentucky basketball game
- The food was great, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012The food was great, the service was fine. We were surprised that the portions seemed to be just right. Recommend the yellowfin tuna steak.Special Features:
- The four of us had a veryGeorgeVIPDined on 1/7/2012The four of us had a very nice dinner, but nothing paricularly memorable that would encourage us to recommend this restaurant above many others where we've dined. The server was rather "overbearing" and apparently felt obligated to explain to us how to respond to the check when he presented it (i.e., "leave your credit card, or cash with tip, or sign with your room number"). We found that rather insulting.
- This might be a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2011This might be a good restaurant to eat at on a non-UK game night. It was crowded and the entire staff acted like they could not handle the crowd. Service was slow and rude, though once the food arrived it was good.Special Features:
- We waited 15 minutes for someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011We waited 15 minutes for someone to come to the reception desk to seat us and then she had no personality and was just down right rude. Our service was nearly non-existant. It consisted of us ordering, getting our food and after rattling my ice- one refill of water. It was horrible!!!
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011This was our first time to Triangle Grille, and we'll definitely be back. The fried green tomatoes were great, as was the rest of the meal. Service was great as well.
- Sunday brunch is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011Sunday brunch is wonderful! - we especially LOVE the made-to-order omelets!Special Features:
- My husband and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2011My husband and I had dinner at Triangle Grill for our anniversary. The server was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious - especially the Salmon! We will definitely go back there and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2011The food was outstanding. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The service was very good and the waitress was pleasant and very attentive. The one drawback was the wine list, by the glass was somewhat limited. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Worthy of return performanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011Very nice menu selection and specials. Presentation and quality of food was excellent.Special Features:
- Never in my life have I hadJenredwDined on 3/10/2011Never in my life have I had such bad service. Luis was our server and he was clearly not interested in taking care of our business dinner party. We were literally the ONLY table in the restaurant and we were still more than he could handle. Our plates were left on the table, wine glasses empty (after we had to beg for a wine menu), etc. The worst part is that he made an automatic $120 from the tip because we were a party of six people. I will never go back again. How can the Hilton stand for such poor service.
- Nice atmosphere and our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Nice atmosphere and our waitress was very attentive, but I think there is better food in Lexington for the price than what we had on our visit. The duck was very good, & I liked all the side items I tried: asparagus, sweet potato souffle, risotto. But I was unimpressed with the trout & the lamb. We had a great bread pudding for dessert. But the menu called it white chocolate cranberry bread pudding, but what we were served was plain bread pudding. It may have a nice view of the park once the construction is done at the park, but the restaurant sits slightly below street level so you are looking at the feet of passers-by. We'll probably give it another try someday, but it's not a place to rush back to based on my 1st impression.Special Features:
- We both enjoyed the specialtyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011We both enjoyed the specialty steak that was tender & flavorful & the horseradish sauce on the side was a nice addition. We splurged on the apple crisp for dessert & it was worth the calories! The only drawback was our waiter who was pleasant, but either very new and not well trained or just rather clueless.
- I think we were there on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2010I think we were there on a night of an unfortunate kitchen meltdown. Having been involved in the restaurant business, I know this can happen, and perhaps our dining experience was not typical. But I cannot in good faith recommend this restaurant. Also, I wish that I had known this restaurant was located within the hotel, for two reasons: one, it was difficult to find, since the address we were looking for was not actually visible from the street; and two, with few exceptions (Las Vegas) I find that "fine dining" restaurants within hotels, unless they are known for their cuisine, are actually moderate casual dining restaurants. I would have looked elsewhere for a reservation had I known this was a hotel restaurant.
- This restaurant is right downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2010This restaurant is right downtown Lexington across from da shaes. Great location nice interior. The wait was too long. They did not appear to be busy but our waitress seemed frazzeled. It took almost an hour to get our appetizers and we had to ask for bread three times. The duck quesadillas were delicious.
- This was a special meal -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2010This was a special meal - from appetizer to dessert, there were different selections and taste combinations. Our waiter, Patrick, was very helpful. We started with a special label Kentucky bourbon and prawn appetizer on his recommendation. The entrees were all great and dessert was sinful - as it should be. Great night, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Located right across the streetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2010Located right across the street from Lexington's Triangle Park, Triangle Grille offers a beautiful veiw, as well as a lovely expeirence. The service was great, all the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was described to me as "farm to table" so everything was made fresh, with the freshest local ingredients! Overall, the expierence was great! Looking forward to going back.Special Features: