Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
5959 Centerville Road
North Oaks, MN 55127Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (651) 426-9222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Everyday: 4:00pm - 6:00 pm, Sunday - Thursday: 8:00pm - close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Bossert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Tria is far from ordinary. From a select gathering of friends and family to a company event suitable from 10 to 200 guests, the professional staff at Tria will see to your every need. Tria was uniquely designed to provide several distinctive areas to set the mood with cozy fireplaces or a view of the excitement in the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Katherine Gosiger 8777350041
A word from Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center - Best Restaurants in North Oaks ›
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (51)romantic (50)notable wine list (48)great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (41)great for brunch (22)scenic view (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)Show More
- Food & setting exceptionalSchwepDined on 11/20/2014Our dinners were delicious & the wine met our tastes to a tee. My stem daiquiri perfect. Would recommend Tria to others & plan to return. However, the menu was too extensive. Wondering if all selections could be prepared exquisitely. Suggest tailoring it to fewer items that can be prepared with distinction, rotating the menu. Our waiter was cordial & attentive. However, he seemed to be in a hurry to get out. He did not offer us a dessert or offer coffee. We usually decline the dessert but love looking at the offerings. Given that we all were driving & had some libations, offering coffee would have been appropriate .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MarieDined on 11/14/2014We loved our experience at Tria! I am very picky when it comes to food and was thoroughly impressed with everything we ordered, from appetizers to salads to the steak. The steak was especially delicious (filet mignon). The menu had so many creative choices on it. They also have a large gluten free menu (they actually call it the Celiac menu, so they may use a separate cooking space). I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expand the BarNeighdentDined on 11/14/2014The bar is the best part of Tria and gets heavy traffic. It is too small to handle demand. The bar should be expanded. The ambiance is very nice and comfortable. The dining room suffers from boom and bust scheduling leading to either bored or overwhelmed staff. Parking is inadequate for busy nights. Menu has good variety but no standouts. Not enough vegetable choices.Special Features:
- Special PlaceGreatLunchDined on 11/11/2014We had a great dinner. It was a birthday celebration and they made the birthday person feel very special with complementary wine and a delicious dessert with a glowing candle and all...best of all, no restaurant sing along! Our waiter Scott was very friendly and super knowledgeable about the menu and wines. The food was top notch, as was the wine. It was a little spendy, but you certainly get what you pay for here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GertrudeDined on 11/9/2014Had a lovely brunch, and their breakfast potatoes are the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- infrequentDinerDined on 11/8/2014the restaurant is very nice - has a fancy feeling perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlissMnmkrDined on 11/7/2014There is no better place to take a friend for a birthday than Tria. The food and service are awesome and reliable, and the birthday special is extremely generous.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningover21Dined on 11/5/2014It was the first visit for me and my friend and we were celebrating her birthday. The service was great, the birthday wine was unexpected but very welcome, entrees were delicious and the birthday dessert was wonderful! We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBirchwood1Dined on 11/2/2014If you are looking for a great place for Sunday Brunch in the Northeast Metro, Tria is it. Great menu, reasonable prices, great service, quiet but plenty of room for a big group. Lot's of interesting items on the menu - not just the same old, same old.Special Features:
- More than brunchKarenVIPDined on 11/2/2014I have to say that the brunch at Tria is so much more than that title indicates. The food offered is extremely vibrant. If you have not tried the lobster scramble...you have to go and try that alone. The huge chunks of lobster ...asparagus and sauce on a extremely large piece of Texas style toast is more than exciting for early Sunday breakfast. I understand next week starts a new menu of added items. Can't wait. The option of a mimosa is always appreciated also.Special Features:
- JudeDined on 11/1/2014All was well at Tria, one of our most favorite places to dine. Only complaint is that the walleye was very oily and not up to expectations for Tria. I would use the word "greasy", and the fish was very soft, almost mushy. The risotto...one of my favorite dishes at Tria, was also not up to par. None of this could diminish what we thought was a perfect night out with friends. Tria remains at the top of our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerdicknnancyDined on 10/26/2014As always, the food was excellent and the service was wonderful and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be PreparedNorskpar2Dined on 10/26/2014It was an hour wait for our food, but it was perfectly cooked and beautifully served, so we would go back. Great wait staff and ambiance was totally relaxing. It was a 50th wedding anniversary celebration and the complementary dessert and champagne were such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesouthpawDined on 10/25/2014As usual the service and food were great. We plan on doing ut again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful wxpeeieDaniDined on 10/24/2014Celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It was wonderful and our waiter Dan was absolutely great! Food was cooked perfectly and our drinks were never empty. I highly recommend going here for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Very good as usual. My friends from North Carolina always enjoy dining at Tria's when they are in town.Special Features:
- YumsweetsDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food from appetizers to main course. Great fall ambiance outside, and warm up to a fire inside. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GertrudeDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful place for brunch. Food was really good, and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceBabafejuDined on 10/16/2014We've been going to Tria for the last 10 years. It's consistently awesome food (especially for game-lovers!), great service, nice ambiance. It tells you a lot that you find the same waiter 9 years later....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudeDined on 10/15/2014Although the front end of our dining experience was a disaster, it had nothing to do with Tria. We unfortunately had an obnoxiously loud party of 4 near us, making all of our conversation nearly impossible. Our server, Raymond, and the host were aware of the problem and very intent on moving us to a different table away from the offensive group. Once that was accomplished, we were able to enjoy our evening. The food, as always, was delicious, and our server was extraordinarily good. He (Raymond) was able to defuse the tension with a great sense of humor and empathy. Kudos to him for "saving the day". We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 10/14/2014Tria was fantastic as usual. We had a new waiter, that was accompanied by an experienced one. You are going to have a fine waiter. Everything was impressive to my date, who had never been to Tria. I have dined there many times. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration SurpriseremdogDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday with a delicious meal of scallops, risotto and duck, but also had a wonderful surprise of a free bottle of wine equal to my age. Great benefit of getting older!! The relaxed atmosphere by the fireplace at Tria made the evening special and memorable. Topping it off with a free birthday dessert was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate your b-day at Tria!LawnChairGardenerDined on 10/11/2014You get a bottle of wine equal to your age for free. As if that's not enough incentive, the food was amazing. I loved the beef tips appetizer. And the prawns wrapped in bacon...and...Everything was great!Special Features:
- AdveragelljsDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant in itself was very lovely the only thing is some of the food was not hot. I had their signature special Beef Wellington which was very good but the mashed potatoes cold and the side of asparagus pea risotto was served just warm. I did ask the waiter if this was how it was served and he said no and very promptly took it back to the kitchen returning a very hot risotto. I wonder if the chefs check the temperature of the food before serving or maybe it sits too long before it reaches the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite birthday restaurantGaETDined on 9/30/2014Exceptional service, great food, beautiful atmosphere, and special birthday perks of free wine and dessert make Tria our preferred birthday celebration destination!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandMnmkrDined on 9/29/2014Awesome experience, menu and food. Why do I HAVE to write something more than that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful resturant.LovedthewinwDined on 9/26/2014I highly recommend this resturant. Great food, wonderful wine (plus the wine is free the week of your birthday). They have the most friendly and wonderful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional staffKboneDined on 9/26/2014The hostess & staff were very accommodating, all of our party was not there at the reservation time but they were in sat the half that were there & as our party grew in size by 2 extras they added them in without complaint. We did wait an exceptionally long time for our dinner to arrive, however we didn't complain, the management also realized this & give us a few extra desserts to share. One complaint I have is that our waitress didn't ask us if we wanted alcohol drink refills. WiFi- it would be nice if it was available somewhere, we couldn't get it in the bar, or the hallway out by the restrooms-on either level or at the table in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime salmonMnmkrDined on 9/23/2014The special of the evening was salmon. The preparation and taste were OUTSTANDING. I rarely order anything other than beef; this opened my eyes to all the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceBrookloDined on 9/12/2014We were looking for a table for eight at a specific time; this was the only restaurant that could accommodate us. However, we were delightfully surprised to find the menu wide ranging and a wine list that would satisfy untrained and sophisticated palates. The service was perfect. I would suggest this restaurant to anyone looking for an evening of fine food, wine and great service with a smile.Special Features:
- hgnatsDined on 9/10/2014A bit pricey for quantity of food, but great quality. Most of menu is a la carte so no salads etc that accompany entree. The dessert we had was stupendous (Tria's signatue dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJulesDined on 9/6/2014As usual everything was so good! Everything. We were out for our anniversary and Tria sure knows how to make it special. Champagne and dessert topped off a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotTLWizDined on 9/5/2014This is a great place tucked away in North Oaks! Great ambiance, service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable evening of diningEssen50Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoy dining at Tria whether indoors or out on the patio. This evening we enjoyed a dinner with friends. Our meals were very good except that one companion ordered his meat medium rare and it was well done. He did send it back expecting to wait a considerable time. The server was exceptionally accommodating - she was not the one who brought the food out. Fortunately it was a relatively quiet evening and the replacement plate with medium rare was back in minutes. The rest of the evening was at Tria's usual high standard.Special Features:
- Chose the barRobbieHDined on 8/29/2014I love tria and when we got there we decided to be less formal and grab a spot in the bar. It left confusion about our reservation however we had a great evening. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great family night out and our food was exceptional! Server was wonderful, answered all of our questions and made GREAT recommendations. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I love a dinner at Tria with the English countryside ambiance & the excellent service? That being said, there is always one or two menu items that leave me lacking. This time is it came as a surprise as I've had the crab cakes and the steak before and they were excellent. This time the steak was a bit tough and lacking flavor and the crab cakes were overly creamy and sweet. The culinary hits were both the walley and scallops, along with a lovely lobster Mac & cheese. The risotto was cool & mussels were small, but that's getting picky. I always leave Tria thinking I might return for another special occasion dinner. But wouldn't it be great if they could find a consistency that would make a night at Tria an absolute must?Special Features:
- Turn it down a notch - pleasedjljDined on 8/27/2014August Party on the Patio- great food, terrific service- band TOO loud- many patrons moved and other asked to be moved, while band was great, they were simply overwhelming in volume.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerTedsBigSisterDined on 8/26/2014We loved everything about this place. It was a quiet Tues. eve., perfect for a romantic birthday celebration. The scallop appetizer was delicious, followed by equally fine salads, beef filet & tournedos, sides, & my surprise birthday dessert. We received a very good bottle of wine for free - I turned 60 so we enjoyed a $60 bottle. Our server was excellent and friendly, courses arriving in perfect time. Now we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- cateDined on 8/25/2014I have never been disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.