Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
5959 Centerville Road
North Oaks, MN 55127Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6514269222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Everyday: 4:00pm - 6:00 pm, Sunday - Thursday: 8:00pm - close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Bossert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Tria is far from ordinary. From a select gathering of friends and family to a company event suitable from 10 to 200 guests, the professional staff at Tria will see to your every need. Tria was uniquely designed to provide several distinctive areas to set the mood with cozy fireplaces or a view of the excitement in the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Katherine Gosiger 8777350041
A word from Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center - Best Restaurants in North Oaks ›
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)great for outdoor dining (69)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (49)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (38)good for groups (32)great for brunch (20)scenic view (15)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (2)Show More
- Chose the barRobbieHDined on 8/29/2014I love tria and when we got there we decided to be less formal and grab a spot in the bar. It left confusion about our reservation however we had a great evening. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great family night out and our food was exceptional! Server was wonderful, answered all of our questions and made GREAT recommendations. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I love a dinner at Tria with the English countryside ambiance & the excellent service? That being said, there is always one or two menu items that leave me lacking. This time is it came as a surprise as I've had the crab cakes and the steak before and they were excellent. This time the steak was a bit tough and lacking flavor and the crab cakes were overly creamy and sweet. The culinary hits were both the walley and scallops, along with a lovely lobster Mac & cheese. The risotto was cool & mussels were small, but that's getting picky. I always leave Tria thinking I might return for another special occasion dinner. But wouldn't it be great if they could find a consistency that would make a night at Tria an absolute must?Special Features:
- Turn it down a notch - pleasedjljDined on 8/27/2014August Party on the Patio- great food, terrific service- band TOO loud- many patrons moved and other asked to be moved, while band was great, they were simply overwhelming in volume.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerTedsBigSisterDined on 8/26/2014We loved everything about this place. It was a quiet Tues. eve., perfect for a romantic birthday celebration. The scallop appetizer was delicious, followed by equally fine salads, beef filet & tournedos, sides, & my surprise birthday dessert. We received a very good bottle of wine for free - I turned 60 so we enjoyed a $60 bottle. Our server was excellent and friendly, courses arriving in perfect time. Now we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- cateDined on 8/25/2014I have never been disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbillytedDined on 8/24/2014Six of us went to Tria for brunch. Everyone thought the presentation and food was great. We are sure to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful evening. Good fun and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees pretty poorminnjohnDined on 8/16/2014Good service, Good cocktails, coffee, appetizer, one of the best onion soups ever (least salt ever), BUT awful entrees -- worst walleye fish ever in MN, mushy and stale (here in the land of walleyes, in mid-summer). Worst part was extremely high salt in veggies -- took many hours for the salty taste to dissipate, would have ruined the meal, even without the poor tasting walleye! Wife's lamb chops were served rare, despite asking for medium cook.
- Disappointed Big TimepeggybDined on 8/15/2014Ordered calamari appetizer and bacon wrapped prawns for entrée. Prawns were 'specialty' according to the menu. Calamari had absolutely no flavor and prawns were served burned (bacon was almost unrecognizable). I requested a new entrée, and about 10 minutes later was told that they couldn't be served any differently. I chose a different entrée of scallops and although cooked as expected, the risotto accompaniment was very salty. Because of the delay, the 3 other people with me had finished their meals by the time I was served my second option. There was no consideration by server or mgmt. to apologize and comp any items...very surprised. I won't return. Food and service was very disappointing. Nice outdoor patio!Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit was well worth the drive. Looking forward to a return for Sunday brunch as well as special occasion dinners.Special Features:
- Elegant patioMaryLeeDined on 8/4/2014Delicious food in an elegant, summery setting on the patio. The service is excellent and the many signature dishes will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of oursSnowyOwlDined on 8/2/2014We ate venison and filet mignon. Both were excellent. The floor staff were engaging and fun. We've noticed in earlier visits that the kitchen seems understaffed, but this past Saturday the food came out in a timely way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheCaptainDined on 8/2/2014Our group of six had an enjoyable evening. We had great food and service and were all satisfied with our experience. Will definitely be back for another evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotLA11jDined on 8/1/2014The service was great and I loved my scallops for my Anniversary dinner. I'd recommend this to others looking for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Hmmm...lunchVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to Tria on multiple occasions and am always amazed that they have such unfriendly host staff. It's a poor introduction to an otherwise nice experience. Good ambiance and a nice space, food is ok; it would be great if they'd switch up the menu a bit more. But, that said, the chicken pot pie is always a winner and the bar drinks are quite well done.
- Great food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The waiter for our table was especially personable and professional. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- Nice patioShariejDined on 7/28/2014Had a wonderful dinner on the patio. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMonkeyBillDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated a family birthday here as we have for 5+ years. There is no better restaurant in the Twin Cities as far as I'm concerned. Ray, our server, was excellent as he always is. He heard us mention my in laws were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and brought them a special dessert. In addition, he interacted with my teenage kids as if he was a family member. I highly, highly recommend this restaurant for any event or celebration you might have.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningspeceventDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating our anniversary a few days late. The ambience and food and service made it a very fine evening. Thank you all and especially out very pregnant waitress who was so sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tria!patriceDined on 7/25/2014We held our wedding reception dinner here five years ago and have spent our anniversary dinner here every year since. The food continues to be consistently good but the excellent service sets the place apart! We plan to continue to make Tria our anniversary celebration go-to!Special Features:
- Not so muchNewFoodieDined on 7/22/2014I read mixed online reviews but went with an open mind. Service was great. It was our anniversary, which we noted when we made the reservation. Staff greeted us with Happy Anniversary. We rec'd a free glass of champagne and a free dessert. Everyone was very nice. The food, however, was not. Had beef bites as an app, after waitress stirred us away from the crab cakes, which she didn't care for. There were several chewy, fatty pieces of steak among some genuinely nice pieces, in a peppercorn brandy cream sauce that was way too salty. My husband and I each had pasta - I had the Fettuccini Alfredo and he had the lobster spaghetti. The pasta was "greasy," for lack of a better word. Alfredo flavor was almost non-existent - needed salt.
- Swing and a missLightekDined on 7/19/2014The menu looks so inviting and I was excited about trying this spot. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The dining area has little ambiance or comfort. The bar area is extremely noisy and and drafty. Though it looked inviting, we were advised against using the outdoor patio because the nearby pond makes it "buggy" in the evening. We ended up sitting in the bar area. The service was extremely slow, inattentive and nearly non existent. Our waiter had to be flagged down any time we needed him and we felt like we were bothering him. They ran out of the Wellington and the escargot was smothered in cheese and overtly chewy. The med rare venison was well done shoe leather and they charge extra for blu cheese olives in the already $9 martini.
- Upscale dining: area needs some!nonamesformeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Tria has a clubby atmosphere and serves a range of American dining classics. The walleye and salmon are always good. Salad portions have shrunk over the years, but the flavors are very good. The patio is great--it is a true patio, not a piece of sidewalk! The bar has booths and is cozy, and often crowded, in the cold months. Specials (wine and champagne) for birthdays and anniversaries . Friendly to all ages, but the prices and location tend to draw an older (affluent retirement) crowd.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOurSpotDined on 7/14/2014We have enjoyed Tria for several years. It's our favorite place to go for our anniversary. We like to go there when we just want a really nice dinner . The staff always makes you feel welcome. Over all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of Downtown in the SuburbsConverseBearDined on 7/13/2014We visited on a Sunday around 11:30 am. They serve brunch until 4 so we worried it would be packed, but it wasn't (they love if you make reservations). The servers were helpful and friendly and sat us in an area that met our needs (you can ask to sit in a certain section). I had chicken and waffles, the others had creme brûlée French toast and we split an order of Parmesan leek hashbrowns. The food was quite tasty, but the prices are a bit high (especially for certain items such as their salads)--without ordering drinks, it cost $50 for 3 of us so plan on spending at least that. I'd consider going back for special occasions or if we received another gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKarenVIPDined on 7/13/2014I would not necessarily call it a brunch as the Sunday menu is so complete. Free Mimosa/or champagne as well as beignet's are wonderful. The servers continue to impress even on a Sunday morning!Special Features:
- Love this spot!Foodiex2Dined on 7/10/2014Thank you, we were told of this magical spot by some friends and will keep going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends from near and farJohnDined on 7/10/2014We had nine for dinner. We like Tria because it has really great food but is quiet enough to allow conversation. An excellent eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnergoodslowfoodDined on 7/8/2014We have been to Tria several times and recently took a customer there for dinner. The waiter we had was very knowledgeable but very slow. During a previous visit we had this same waiter and our dinner took over 3 hours. We arrived early and brought a beverage from the bar to our table. When our guests arrived we were seated and waited over 15 minutes for our waiter to bring our guests a drink. We had appetizers that were delicious but then waited about 45 minutes for our waiter to take our dinner order. This pace continued throughout our dinner. We may have tried dessert but felt it would take too long.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!WFandJJDined on 7/8/2014Tria is one of our very favorite places to eat .. well, it is probably our Very favorite! Yummy food, served on plates looking very artistic and special, superb service with knowledgeable and fun servers, everyone there warm and friendly. Variations on the menu from time to time makes each visit interesting. And for a special celebration, it was absolutely the best, even with a blizzard going on last April! We will return ... and we continually recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Excellent GameBabafejuDined on 7/7/2014I love that they have game. Pretty much everything on the menu is great. Stellar waiter service. Not so good on the Hostess side...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I don't know why we have not found this great place before. Food was excellent and our waiter was good, fun, and liked to learn how and where the food came from when we asked.Special Features:
- Average, not greatGG6dinnerDined on 7/3/2014I chose Tria to celebrate my birthday because you get a free bottle of wine with a price matching your age. I was pleased with the long list I had to choose from. The special red wine I chose for the meal was great! However, I would not go again. Our starters were crab cakes ($11), and fras gras ($12). I ordered a glass of white wine to accompany my appetizer and waited long after the appetizers came for the waiter to bring the wine (after a reminder). The appetizers were not great & over priced. Happily, our steaks were perfectly cooked. The waiter brought a birthday dessert to share. It was good, but he did not offer a dessert menu to my husband who would have chosen his dessert. We had a great inside table. It was quiet.Special Features:
- merryDined on 6/28/2014I always enjoy dining at Tria...the food, service and abience is always great!Special Features:
- Great, personal, serviceTriaNorhOaksDined on 6/24/2014We really felt special and very much at home, thanks to the attentiveness and down-to-earth friendliness of the woman who waited on our table.Special Features:
- Servicelee21Dined on 6/22/2014Very slow. Our waiter never did ask us if we wanted anything to drink. No coffee offered. This was disappointing. Then, he boxed the incorrect meal for home. He did not interact with us - we felt ignored.
- Great place to enjoy food & drink.DuodinersDined on 6/21/2014Great food great service at a fair price. Dined outdoors and it made it even nicer. Celebrated our anniversary and was treated to dessert. Will definitely return but more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere for a relaxing mealLakeElmoLadyDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere at Tria is very nice and relaxing. We were there for dinner. The food and wine was very good and the service was excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday fun with friendsHugoDined on 6/20/2014We went to celebrate birthdays and the subtract your age feature allowed us to have a very nice bottle of wine with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.