Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
5959 Centerville Road
North Oaks, MN 55127Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6514269222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Everyday: 4:00pm - 6:00 pm, Sunday - Thursday: 8:00pm - close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Bossert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Tria is far from ordinary. From a select gathering of friends and family to a company event suitable from 10 to 200 guests, the professional staff at Tria will see to your every need. Tria was uniquely designed to provide several distinctive areas to set the mood with cozy fireplaces or a view of the excitement in the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Katherine Gosiger 8777350041
A word from Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center - Best Restaurants in North Oaks ›
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (61)great for outdoor dining (55)romantic (49)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (37)good for groups (29)scenic view (15)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- Excellent PlaceBabafejuDined on 10/16/2014We've been going to Tria for the last 10 years. It's consistently awesome food (especially for game-lovers!), great service, nice ambiance. It tells you a lot that you find the same waiter 9 years later....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudeDined on 10/15/2014Although the front end of our dining experience was a disaster, it had nothing to do with Tria. We unfortunately had an obnoxiously loud party of 4 near us, making all of our conversation nearly impossible. Our server, Raymond, and the host were aware of the problem and very intent on moving us to a different table away from the offensive group. Once that was accomplished, we were able to enjoy our evening. The food, as always, was delicious, and our server was extraordinarily good. He (Raymond) was able to defuse the tension with a great sense of humor and empathy. Kudos to him for "saving the day". We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 10/14/2014Tria was fantastic as usual. We had a new waiter, that was accompanied by an experienced one. You are going to have a fine waiter. Everything was impressive to my date, who had never been to Tria. I have dined there many times. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration SurpriseremdogDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday with a delicious meal of scallops, risotto and duck, but also had a wonderful surprise of a free bottle of wine equal to my age. Great benefit of getting older!! The relaxed atmosphere by the fireplace at Tria made the evening special and memorable. Topping it off with a free birthday dessert was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate your b-day at Tria!LawnChairGardenerDined on 10/11/2014You get a bottle of wine equal to your age for free. As if that's not enough incentive, the food was amazing. I loved the beef tips appetizer. And the prawns wrapped in bacon...and...Everything was great!Special Features:
- AdveragelljsDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant in itself was very lovely the only thing is some of the food was not hot. I had their signature special Beef Wellington which was very good but the mashed potatoes cold and the side of asparagus pea risotto was served just warm. I did ask the waiter if this was how it was served and he said no and very promptly took it back to the kitchen returning a very hot risotto. I wonder if the chefs check the temperature of the food before serving or maybe it sits too long before it reaches the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite birthday restaurantGaETDined on 9/30/2014Exceptional service, great food, beautiful atmosphere, and special birthday perks of free wine and dessert make Tria our preferred birthday celebration destination!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandMnmkrDined on 9/29/2014Awesome experience, menu and food. Why do I HAVE to write something more than that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful resturant.LovedthewinwDined on 9/26/2014I highly recommend this resturant. Great food, wonderful wine (plus the wine is free the week of your birthday). They have the most friendly and wonderful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional staffKboneDined on 9/26/2014The hostess & staff were very accommodating, all of our party was not there at the reservation time but they were in sat the half that were there & as our party grew in size by 2 extras they added them in without complaint. We did wait an exceptionally long time for our dinner to arrive, however we didn't complain, the management also realized this & give us a few extra desserts to share. One complaint I have is that our waitress didn't ask us if we wanted alcohol drink refills. WiFi- it would be nice if it was available somewhere, we couldn't get it in the bar, or the hallway out by the restrooms-on either level or at the table in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime salmonMnmkrDined on 9/23/2014The special of the evening was salmon. The preparation and taste were OUTSTANDING. I rarely order anything other than beef; this opened my eyes to all the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceBrookloDined on 9/12/2014We were looking for a table for eight at a specific time; this was the only restaurant that could accommodate us. However, we were delightfully surprised to find the menu wide ranging and a wine list that would satisfy untrained and sophisticated palates. The service was perfect. I would suggest this restaurant to anyone looking for an evening of fine food, wine and great service with a smile.Special Features:
- hgnatsDined on 9/10/2014A bit pricey for quantity of food, but great quality. Most of menu is a la carte so no salads etc that accompany entree. The dessert we had was stupendous (Tria's signatue dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJulesDined on 9/6/2014As usual everything was so good! Everything. We were out for our anniversary and Tria sure knows how to make it special. Champagne and dessert topped off a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotTLWizDined on 9/5/2014This is a great place tucked away in North Oaks! Great ambiance, service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable evening of diningEssen50Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoy dining at Tria whether indoors or out on the patio. This evening we enjoyed a dinner with friends. Our meals were very good except that one companion ordered his meat medium rare and it was well done. He did send it back expecting to wait a considerable time. The server was exceptionally accommodating - she was not the one who brought the food out. Fortunately it was a relatively quiet evening and the replacement plate with medium rare was back in minutes. The rest of the evening was at Tria's usual high standard.Special Features:
- Chose the barRobbieHDined on 8/29/2014I love tria and when we got there we decided to be less formal and grab a spot in the bar. It left confusion about our reservation however we had a great evening. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great family night out and our food was exceptional! Server was wonderful, answered all of our questions and made GREAT recommendations. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I love a dinner at Tria with the English countryside ambiance & the excellent service? That being said, there is always one or two menu items that leave me lacking. This time is it came as a surprise as I've had the crab cakes and the steak before and they were excellent. This time the steak was a bit tough and lacking flavor and the crab cakes were overly creamy and sweet. The culinary hits were both the walley and scallops, along with a lovely lobster Mac & cheese. The risotto was cool & mussels were small, but that's getting picky. I always leave Tria thinking I might return for another special occasion dinner. But wouldn't it be great if they could find a consistency that would make a night at Tria an absolute must?Special Features:
- Turn it down a notch - pleasedjljDined on 8/27/2014August Party on the Patio- great food, terrific service- band TOO loud- many patrons moved and other asked to be moved, while band was great, they were simply overwhelming in volume.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerTedsBigSisterDined on 8/26/2014We loved everything about this place. It was a quiet Tues. eve., perfect for a romantic birthday celebration. The scallop appetizer was delicious, followed by equally fine salads, beef filet & tournedos, sides, & my surprise birthday dessert. We received a very good bottle of wine for free - I turned 60 so we enjoyed a $60 bottle. Our server was excellent and friendly, courses arriving in perfect time. Now we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- cateDined on 8/25/2014I have never been disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbillytedDined on 8/24/2014Six of us went to Tria for brunch. Everyone thought the presentation and food was great. We are sure to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful evening. Good fun and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees pretty poorminnjohnDined on 8/16/2014Good service, Good cocktails, coffee, appetizer, one of the best onion soups ever (least salt ever), BUT awful entrees -- worst walleye fish ever in MN, mushy and stale (here in the land of walleyes, in mid-summer). Worst part was extremely high salt in veggies -- took many hours for the salty taste to dissipate, would have ruined the meal, even without the poor tasting walleye! Wife's lamb chops were served rare, despite asking for medium cook.
- Disappointed Big TimepeggybDined on 8/15/2014Ordered calamari appetizer and bacon wrapped prawns for entrée. Prawns were 'specialty' according to the menu. Calamari had absolutely no flavor and prawns were served burned (bacon was almost unrecognizable). I requested a new entrée, and about 10 minutes later was told that they couldn't be served any differently. I chose a different entrée of scallops and although cooked as expected, the risotto accompaniment was very salty. Because of the delay, the 3 other people with me had finished their meals by the time I was served my second option. There was no consideration by server or mgmt. to apologize and comp any items...very surprised. I won't return. Food and service was very disappointing. Nice outdoor patio!Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutDined on 8/9/2014Our first visit was well worth the drive. Looking forward to a return for Sunday brunch as well as special occasion dinners.Special Features:
- Elegant patioMaryLeeDined on 8/4/2014Delicious food in an elegant, summery setting on the patio. The service is excellent and the many signature dishes will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of oursSnowyOwlDined on 8/2/2014We ate venison and filet mignon. Both were excellent. The floor staff were engaging and fun. We've noticed in earlier visits that the kitchen seems understaffed, but this past Saturday the food came out in a timely way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheCaptainDined on 8/2/2014Our group of six had an enjoyable evening. We had great food and service and were all satisfied with our experience. Will definitely be back for another evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotLA11jDined on 8/1/2014The service was great and I loved my scallops for my Anniversary dinner. I'd recommend this to others looking for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Hmmm...lunchVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to Tria on multiple occasions and am always amazed that they have such unfriendly host staff. It's a poor introduction to an otherwise nice experience. Good ambiance and a nice space, food is ok; it would be great if they'd switch up the menu a bit more. But, that said, the chicken pot pie is always a winner and the bar drinks are quite well done.
- Great food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The waiter for our table was especially personable and professional. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- Nice patioShariejDined on 7/28/2014Had a wonderful dinner on the patio. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMonkeyBillDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated a family birthday here as we have for 5+ years. There is no better restaurant in the Twin Cities as far as I'm concerned. Ray, our server, was excellent as he always is. He heard us mention my in laws were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and brought them a special dessert. In addition, he interacted with my teenage kids as if he was a family member. I highly, highly recommend this restaurant for any event or celebration you might have.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningspeceventDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating our anniversary a few days late. The ambience and food and service made it a very fine evening. Thank you all and especially out very pregnant waitress who was so sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tria!patriceDined on 7/25/2014We held our wedding reception dinner here five years ago and have spent our anniversary dinner here every year since. The food continues to be consistently good but the excellent service sets the place apart! We plan to continue to make Tria our anniversary celebration go-to!Special Features:
- Not so muchNewFoodieDined on 7/22/2014I read mixed online reviews but went with an open mind. Service was great. It was our anniversary, which we noted when we made the reservation. Staff greeted us with Happy Anniversary. We rec'd a free glass of champagne and a free dessert. Everyone was very nice. The food, however, was not. Had beef bites as an app, after waitress stirred us away from the crab cakes, which she didn't care for. There were several chewy, fatty pieces of steak among some genuinely nice pieces, in a peppercorn brandy cream sauce that was way too salty. My husband and I each had pasta - I had the Fettuccini Alfredo and he had the lobster spaghetti. The pasta was "greasy," for lack of a better word. Alfredo flavor was almost non-existent - needed salt.
- Swing and a missLightekDined on 7/19/2014The menu looks so inviting and I was excited about trying this spot. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The dining area has little ambiance or comfort. The bar area is extremely noisy and and drafty. Though it looked inviting, we were advised against using the outdoor patio because the nearby pond makes it "buggy" in the evening. We ended up sitting in the bar area. The service was extremely slow, inattentive and nearly non existent. Our waiter had to be flagged down any time we needed him and we felt like we were bothering him. They ran out of the Wellington and the escargot was smothered in cheese and overtly chewy. The med rare venison was well done shoe leather and they charge extra for blu cheese olives in the already $9 martini.
- Upscale dining: area needs some!nonamesformeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Tria has a clubby atmosphere and serves a range of American dining classics. The walleye and salmon are always good. Salad portions have shrunk over the years, but the flavors are very good. The patio is great--it is a true patio, not a piece of sidewalk! The bar has booths and is cozy, and often crowded, in the cold months. Specials (wine and champagne) for birthdays and anniversaries . Friendly to all ages, but the prices and location tend to draw an older (affluent retirement) crowd.Special Features: