Visitors Pavilion at Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trevisorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9413593183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 4:30pm Dinner 7 days a week: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Coyne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All food and beverage on Museum grounds for weddings, meetings or private parties.
A word from Treviso
Offering one of Sarasota’s finest dining experiences, Treviso redefines the idea of “museum dining” with a unique and fresh approach. The clean, minimalist, modern dining room offers an enlarged black and white engraving of the city of Asolo, sleek and comfortable chairs and banquette seating and a stunning spiral staircase leading to the restaurants second floor dining room a favorite spot for winemaker dinners, private parties, rehearsal dinners and business meetings. The patio area boasts the best view of any outdoor eating venue in Sarasota. Treviso is located in the John M. McKay Visitors Pavilion at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which allows guests to enjoy Treviso’s culinary delight beyond normal museum hours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Treviso - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Treviso reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (45)scenic view (43)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (21)great for brunch (21)good for groups (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Expecting betterHoping4MoreDined on 8/23/2014Setting was below expectations - this is the Ringling - chairs, floors, etc, all seemed worn, not clean. Food was a disappointment-advertised fresh, farm-yet, not a single fresh veg. Salad wilted, old lettuce, and too small. Dinner veggies seemed artificial they were so poor. Not fresh, doused in some sauce. Lacking in healthy, vegan, or vegetarian options. Nice and quiet when empty, but could not talk once restaurant was half full. Our waiter was very nice. Will NOT return.Special Features:
- bobbygDined on 8/22/2014Great meal for the money! One cannot go wrong with Trevisio's summer dining special.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our ReturnJackPatDined on 8/21/2014This was our second visit and it won't be our last. The food was very good and best of all it was their summer special menu with a exceptional price. This could become a weekly event!Special Features:
- Better than expectedanuncommonmanDined on 8/14/2014The number of negative on-line reviews about Treviso made me leery of trying it, but we went to catch the summer dinner special. We were pleasantly surprised to find good service and good food. The service staff didn't really seem to fit in with what is sold as an "elegant" dining venue, but they were friendly and competent. The place was full and it seemed understaffed, with servers and bartenders handling multiple tasks. Yes, portions were small but they were tasty and well-presented. Dining with the pre-theater crowd gave the place a good energy; people seemed to be having fun. We combined our visit with the extended hours on Thursdays for the circus museum directly adjacent. A nice evening, and I want to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value okay food. Very noisyElparker27Dined on 8/14/2014This was a wonderful value, but food was just okay and the place is very noisy. I would go back for this deal but probably notd otherwise
- Lovely EnvironmentDonnaTDined on 8/14/2014Treviso is a lovely setting for visiting with loved ones. I took two of my daughter's there to celebrate their birthdays' - we really needed to just relax and enjoy each other. The maître"D, hostess and servers were very attentive and pleasant. We ordered the special they had going and although the menu we could select from was limited, and the entree's were not exceptional, we found the house wine that was included was very nice. We told our waitress we were in no hurry to make a show - she gave us the right amount of attention without being pushy. One recommendation would be to allow enough time to walk the gorgeous grounds; everything closes at 8. So thank you Treviso for allowing 3 women to enjoy their night out. We will all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art and Dinning at it's Best.Luv2dinDined on 8/14/2014Best Summer menu and deal in town. Food and wine where both a pleasure for the palate. The beautiful surroundings make it a delightful evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014very good will come back enjoy dinner, but wish I did not rushed between coures,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre convenienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014My daughter in law and I have visited before anyway but we had a time crunch due to attending the Asolo the same night. The summer menu was excellent value and we have a great meal with wine and had time to spare to walk across to the Asolo which added to the whole evening.Special Features:
- Great Service, OK FoodJazzyChazzDined on 8/7/2014We were attracted by the 3-course meal for 2 plus bottle of wine for $45 deal. The ambience reminded us of a cafeteria. Too bad the nice patio is directly in the afternoon/evening sun, way too hot for enjoyment - needs umbrellas or similar. The food was good but not particularly memorable. First course - greens from a bags, nothing special. Entrees - Mahi Mahi tastey but overcooked, small Filet nicely cooked, tender and juicey - both served with same sides - green beans almandine from a freezer bag, enjoyed the risotto but it was a bit bland. Dessert - raspberry sorbet or key lime pie - both seemed ordinary, from the grocery freezer section. As for the wine - it was cold and enjoyable. All in all worth the price but nothing special.
- For a Ringling visitor good eatery!OtterBDined on 8/4/2014Convenient to Asolo and Ringling museums Treviso is a very good eatery. Modern decor indoors and patio overlooks a sweet garden pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theaterLoriDined on 8/2/2014My dining partner and I enjoyed the fixed price summer special - $45 for a bottle of wine, soup or salad, entree and dessert. The menu was not particularly inspired, but the food was nicely prepared. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Treviso, but for a pre-theater meal it was better than adequate.
- Treviso Scores AgainNotableNoshesDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I were once again impressed with the food and service at Treviso at a recent lunch. As it was an extremely hot day, we chose to be seated in the pleasant dining room rather than the otherwise very inviting patio. We both choose the Crab Cake Benedict, which was perfectly prepared and served with al dente freshly-steamed asparagus. Heaven! For dessert, we shared a wonderful mango-raspberry mousse on a light sponge cake. Thus, amply fortified, we were ready for a lengthy tour of the Ringling Art Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchFloridaNativeDined on 7/27/2014Our group of five would rate the food and price as really good for the amount and quality. The grouper sandwich I had would not be a recommendation. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch RestaurantfrannieDined on 7/26/2014We made reservations so as to let the restaurant know one of our party would require wheelchair accommodations. When we arrived they were expecting us and gave us a table with perfect for wheelchairs. We had an excellent waitress. One of our party members was late but she did not appear to be upset by this and shared a very good sense of humor. Because of this we had an excellent lunch experience. I also might add it was busy for a Sat lunch out of season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaBananaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed a lunch before the Summer Circus Performance. They did not have any regular brewed Iced Tea available...but did bring a flavored tea. The Pizza was delicious....our server was gracious, informative & attentive....the salad portions were generous .....the French Fries yummy....all in all we enjoyed our visit and will return again. One of the main problems we were confronted with was that the salad serving plate (rectangular in shape) would slide around when attempting to cut the food with a knife....due to the fact that there was no table cloth ....we asked for an extra cloth napkin and placed it under the salad plate which seem to solve the problem.Special Features:
- unomeDined on 7/24/2014Exceeded all of our expectations. A wonderful reunion site. We dined over our delicious meals of choice and Relaxed while sipping wine. What more is needed for an evening with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Creative menu, generous portions, great food, comfortable setting, nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treviso restaurantsinginghealerDined on 7/17/2014Several years ago, Treviso was good. Now, the food looks like it is pre made. My marinara sauce looked like the tomatoes were opened out of a can.Special Features:
- Museum findLaneyDined on 7/17/2014A nice place to dine. Food and prices are very good especially when special is running. We have dined there frequently prior to theatre and museum events.Special Features:
- Elegant gem!Dining2Dined on 7/17/2014Our visit to Treviso for an early dinner before viewing an exhibit at the museum was a pleasant surprise! Ambience of restuarant and view of pond was relaxing and allowed our party of four to talk and enjoy our meal. Service was outstanding. The biggest surprise was their fixed price meal for two, something I do not usually like in restuarants. The entree choices were varied enough for allowing you "real" choices for your meal and the quality of the meal was exceptional. Overall we feel we found a gem right in our neighborhood !Special Features:
- Very satisfied patronenjoyed2175Dined on 7/17/2014I had family from from out of town and we spent the day at the Museum. The restaurant exceeded our expectations for a dining experience. The service was outstanding as was the food. We ordered a variety of entrees and all were presented beautifully and were delicious. I will definitely recommend it to friends and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy dining destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Perfect for pre-performance dinners, also a nice place for lunch, whether or not you plan to visit the Ringling Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining Treat!Mac4104VIPDined on 7/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Treviso's Summer Special! Beautiful setting, top-notch service from Gina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of salmonschlomoDined on 7/11/2014summer special at $45 includes a bottle of wine, salad, entree and dessert FOR 2. a great summer special but they were out of salmon which is the entree i would have ordered. it was quiet because it was a slow nite. wife had the 4 oz filet which was perfectly cooked and wonderfulSpecial Features:
- RitaDined on 7/10/2014Convenient for museum or Asolo. Good value in special summer dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Summer SpecialsrqfoodieDined on 7/5/2014The summer special menu was missing the tuna entree on our recent visit. The wide food choice pleased everyone in our group. The noise level was really high when the dining room became full. Treviso is a great value in a unique setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great servicejoanVIPDined on 7/3/2014perfect for our lunch meeting. Service much improved since last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014This is a perfect place for lunch. Their menu is perfect for my moderate appetite and the food is varied and very well prepared. The service is excellent and you will never have to ask for someone to help you. The atmosphere is great at the windows inside because you are looking at a garden area in front of the museum. This is truly a great location to have lunch!Special Features:
- Excellent summer specialJacynthpDined on 6/27/2014Their summer special, two dinners plus a bottle of wine, is a good deal. Zucchini Parmesan very good, pork a little tough.
- Great Summer SpecialfriendlyDined on 6/26/2014We were delighted with the summer special dinner menu - good food, good choices, pleasant service. Only problem here is the noise level when the restaurant is full ... and its too warm to dine outside.Special Features:
- convenient before showcuttimeDined on 6/24/2014Salads were simple but tasty, filet mignon tender and flavorful, mahi mahi moist and tasty, key lime pie delicious. The summer 3 course special including wine was an exceptional value. I will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill slidedisappointedDined on 6/21/2014Every summer, I've used this restaurant during the summer for their full dinner special several times each year. Every year it's been great until this year. The portions have shrunk, the chef must be on vacation, the wine selections reduced, no choice of desert, but the price increased 15%. You don't get many chances in Sarasota where there's no shortage of quality restaurants. This one has been scratched off the list.
- ahi tu naOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Will be returning soon, talked to chef and he said email ahead for Ahi tuna, which we will doSpecial Features:
- Treviso's Never Disappoints!Mac4104VIPDined on 6/16/2014Once again we enjoyed a delightful late lunch on Treviso's patio! Food, service, ambience...all perfect! A suggestion, patio chairs are quite uncomfortable, maybe some padding would help!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treviso needs to spice it upbevangDined on 6/11/2014I often go to Treviso before a performance at the Asolo. However, my last visit proved very disappointing. The two dinners for $44 was a great idea, but the problem was the meal. I had the mahi mahi and my husband ordered the chicken saltimbocca. Both lacked any distinctive flavor in fact, they tasted the same. Moreover, we had to request extra dressing for the salad as it was very dry. The dinners were nondescript. On a positive note, the service was excellent and the wine was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyJaneDined on 6/10/2014Excellent pretheater choice. Portions are just right. Summer special is a very good deal. Serving staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tre-terriblelikesfreshpotatoesDined on 6/7/2014I've always loved Treviso for a pre-show dinner. It is convenient, close and the food was decent. However, the last meal we had there was terrible! So terrible that I won't go back and I will certainly tell others to think twice before going. The mashed potatoes were tepid and tasted like they were 3 days old and reheated. The Brussels sprouts were raw. The mahi, crab cake, and steak were alright. Service was efficient but with a little attitude. All in all not a good experience.Special Features:
- MOMODined on 6/7/2014It was a wonderful dining experience, great food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan going back again and againWeLoveDowntownSarasotaDined on 6/7/2014Summers are terrific at Treviso, especially before a show at Asolo or The Ringling. Special price-fixed menu for two (reasonably priced) has good range of entrees, plus bottle of wine, soup or salad, and desert. Well done!Special Features: