Visitors Pavilion at Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trevisorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (941) 359-3183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 4:30pm Dinner 7 days a week: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Coyne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All food and beverage on Museum grounds for weddings, meetings or private parties.
A word from Treviso
Offering one of Sarasota’s finest dining experiences, Treviso redefines the idea of “museum dining” with a unique and fresh approach. The clean, minimalist, modern dining room offers an enlarged black and white engraving of the city of Asolo, sleek and comfortable chairs and banquette seating and a stunning spiral staircase leading to the restaurants second floor dining room a favorite spot for winemaker dinners, private parties, rehearsal dinners and business meetings. The patio area boasts the best view of any outdoor eating venue in Sarasota. Treviso is located in the John M. McKay Visitors Pavilion at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which allows guests to enjoy Treviso’s culinary delight beyond normal museum hours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Treviso - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Treviso reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (42)scenic view (27)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (13)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- excellent as usualDAXIEDined on 11/15/2014Although extremely busy and my reservation was not logged, I was seated at a high top and was given exemplary service. Steak was excellent and dessert delicious. Thanks again Treviso and I will be back again, many times this season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Food was. PREPARED and Presented well pizza is very good filet and chicken salad good for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the ShowTrinityDined on 11/15/2014Treviso is an easy walk from the Asolo theater and makes a great place for lunch or dinner before the show. It is in the Ringling Museum whose grounds are great to stroll if you have time. The outside dining overlooks the ponds and plants of the museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kat92Dined on 11/13/2014Treviso is an excellent place to enjoy a meal after visiting the museums. Our meal was especially good and the wine list included a nice selection. Their summer menu is a great value and we always enjoy the changing menu. It is also a great spot for lunch before going to the Asolo theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Museum food surprisefoodieDined on 11/8/2014The dining experience at Treviso was excellent. This was a pre-show dinner so the restaurant was busy and crowded. Our server was attentive and helpful; suggesting the special menu that was modestly priced with a good variety of choices. We had a delicious, leisurely dinner that left us plenty of time to get to the performance. This is not your run-of-the-mill museum restaurant. Will return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treviso at Ringling MuseumOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Delicious food - attentive wait staff - very sociable managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014We had the summer tasting menu and at 7:15 they were sold out of two entrees. The food was good but not great, the service was very good. Inside the noise level was unbearable but we ate outside which was very pleasant except the lighting was too bright and harsh. The pricing was very affordable around $50 for two including a bottle of wine. Hoping to try again on a quitter night with the full menu.Special Features:
- kat92Dined on 10/30/2014It was a great place for dinner following the Art after Five gallery walk. Their summer dinner special for two is always popular and a great value. Thank you open table for making it possible to have a reservation. We appreciate open table.Special Features:
- Lunch Versus Dinnerrks841Dined on 10/23/2014The lunch menu is great; I've enjoyed it many times. The dinner menu is a bit lacking in variety, and it would be nice to have a few salad entrees to choose from. Overall, Treviso is an enjoyable experience, particularly when paired with museum events or just a day at Ringling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good; service was great !joanVIPDined on 10/17/2014We arrived close to 3:30, very hungry after a Ringling Festival performance. Our thanks to proactive waitress for heads up on kitchen closing at 3:30. Then after a short time on the patio, we realized it was too hot; our great server moved us inside w/o a sigh of complaint. She made the lunch as fun and festive as the Festival. We both had burgers. Very good and generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management ProblemGreatExpectationsDined on 10/16/2014The restaurant was busy and they couldn't handle it. It took for ever to get our food and it was so bad we couldn't eat most of it. The three tables around us had the same experience. One table had been there for over an hour and still did not have their food. We complained to what we thought was a manager and he said to come back another time and they would do better. What are the odds? It's a shame because this restaurant could have it all. Location, ambiance and great outdoor options.Special Features:
- Kitchen needs a revampartsloverDined on 10/16/2014Treviso has a great outdoor terrace and reasonable indoor accommodations. But it has a really tired menu and an erratic kitchen. I don't think the menu has changed since the restaurant opened a number of years ago; it's the least interesting menu of any art museum restaurant I've eaten in. We've eaten here fairly often as it is convenient for both the museum and the performance center of the Asolo Rep Theatre and the Sarasota Ballet. This time we went during the Ringling International Arts Festival. The kitchen clearly wasn't ready for the crowd -- we got there early and didn't get our entree for 40 minutes. The food was mediocre to embarrassing -- no meat in the Bolognese. They need a new chef!Special Features:
- Great food along with great artRobflDined on 10/15/2014A visit to the Ringling Museum is not complete without a visit to Treviso. Great food and service with a lovely atmosphere combined, make it a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyKateVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and the food is always wonderful. Unfortunately, and not the restaurants fault, there was a power washer machine being used nearby during our entire meal. Usually all you hear are birds and the water running but it was just loud and annoying. I realize the Ringling Museum needs to maintain the property but doing maintenance on a Friday night at dinner time next to a restaurant is just very poor planning and the restaurant management needs to work with maintenance on this issue. Otherwise the meal was great.Special Features:
- i never get my first choiceschlomoDined on 10/3/2014gazpacho was excellent. chicken piccata was wonderful. however, the last time i ordered salmon and they were sold out. this time i ordered lamb shank and they were sold out. if you want you first choice you have to come earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place Near SRQNY2WorldVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were staying near the airport and were happy to try a place so nearby, especially since almost nothing else was in the neighborhood. We had their prix fixe which was, I think, 45 for two 3 course dinners with wine -- quite a nice deal. We are also grateful that it made us come through the gates of the Ringling Museum, which we have passed repeatedly over many trips to this area. We are now sufficiently charmed that we will return now for the museum AND the food.Special Features:
- Picture perfect patio settingFLMEMADined on 9/19/2014We have eaten here several times before and the food is always delicious & service wonderful. But this was the first time we were able to eat on the patio as it is usually too hot. On this evening, we were having a rain event and we sat outside watching the rain fall on the pretty pond and natural vegetation. It was relaxing and wonderful. We enjoyed what will likely be our last summer duo special until next year. It's such a great value for the excellent food & wine. Looking forward to next off-season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Fresh, excellent service and moderate prices. We'll go again.Special Features:
- Yum!srqfoodieDined on 9/5/2014The food is always very good. We miss the Ahi Tuna entree choice on the summer special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodBernardDined on 9/5/2014Treviso is reliably very good. It's more fun to eat outside on the terrace, but, you know, 95 degrees....And inside is just fine, without being special. The food is just what you would want for a nice lunch, except it is not nearly as expensive as most museum restaurants. WE were pleased enough to book for next week!Special Features:
- DonDinerDonDined on 8/30/2014My first experience dining at Treviso was excellent as expected. The wait staff was very friendly and professional. The service was timely. The food choices were excellent and our meals were wonderful. The price was very good for the value of the meal which had wonderful flavor. Portions were just right and not too large. The dinner for two with the bottle of wine was a great option for us. The watermelon gazpacho was very appetizing and light with a host of flavors, and the potato crusted mahi was perfect! We will definitely dine at Treviso in the near future.Special Features:
- Expecting betterHoping4MoreDined on 8/23/2014Setting was below expectations - this is the Ringling - chairs, floors, etc, all seemed worn, not clean. Food was a disappointment-advertised fresh, farm-yet, not a single fresh veg. Salad wilted, old lettuce, and too small. Dinner veggies seemed artificial they were so poor. Not fresh, doused in some sauce. Lacking in healthy, vegan, or vegetarian options. Nice and quiet when empty, but could not talk once restaurant was half full. Our waiter was very nice. Will NOT return.Special Features:
- bobbygDined on 8/22/2014Great meal for the money! One cannot go wrong with Trevisio's summer dining special.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our ReturnJackPatDined on 8/21/2014This was our second visit and it won't be our last. The food was very good and best of all it was their summer special menu with a exceptional price. This could become a weekly event!Special Features:
- Better than expectedanuncommonmanDined on 8/14/2014The number of negative on-line reviews about Treviso made me leery of trying it, but we went to catch the summer dinner special. We were pleasantly surprised to find good service and good food. The service staff didn't really seem to fit in with what is sold as an "elegant" dining venue, but they were friendly and competent. The place was full and it seemed understaffed, with servers and bartenders handling multiple tasks. Yes, portions were small but they were tasty and well-presented. Dining with the pre-theater crowd gave the place a good energy; people seemed to be having fun. We combined our visit with the extended hours on Thursdays for the circus museum directly adjacent. A nice evening, and I want to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value okay food. Very noisyElparker27Dined on 8/14/2014This was a wonderful value, but food was just okay and the place is very noisy. I would go back for this deal but probably notd otherwise
- Lovely EnvironmentDonnaTDined on 8/14/2014Treviso is a lovely setting for visiting with loved ones. I took two of my daughter's there to celebrate their birthdays' - we really needed to just relax and enjoy each other. The maître"D, hostess and servers were very attentive and pleasant. We ordered the special they had going and although the menu we could select from was limited, and the entree's were not exceptional, we found the house wine that was included was very nice. We told our waitress we were in no hurry to make a show - she gave us the right amount of attention without being pushy. One recommendation would be to allow enough time to walk the gorgeous grounds; everything closes at 8. So thank you Treviso for allowing 3 women to enjoy their night out. We will all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art and Dinning at it's Best.Luv2dinDined on 8/14/2014Best Summer menu and deal in town. Food and wine where both a pleasure for the palate. The beautiful surroundings make it a delightful evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014very good will come back enjoy dinner, but wish I did not rushed between coures,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre convenienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014My daughter in law and I have visited before anyway but we had a time crunch due to attending the Asolo the same night. The summer menu was excellent value and we have a great meal with wine and had time to spare to walk across to the Asolo which added to the whole evening.Special Features:
- Great Service, OK FoodJazzyChazzDined on 8/7/2014We were attracted by the 3-course meal for 2 plus bottle of wine for $45 deal. The ambience reminded us of a cafeteria. Too bad the nice patio is directly in the afternoon/evening sun, way too hot for enjoyment - needs umbrellas or similar. The food was good but not particularly memorable. First course - greens from a bags, nothing special. Entrees - Mahi Mahi tastey but overcooked, small Filet nicely cooked, tender and juicey - both served with same sides - green beans almandine from a freezer bag, enjoyed the risotto but it was a bit bland. Dessert - raspberry sorbet or key lime pie - both seemed ordinary, from the grocery freezer section. As for the wine - it was cold and enjoyable. All in all worth the price but nothing special.
- For a Ringling visitor good eatery!OtterBDined on 8/4/2014Convenient to Asolo and Ringling museums Treviso is a very good eatery. Modern decor indoors and patio overlooks a sweet garden pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theaterLoriDined on 8/2/2014My dining partner and I enjoyed the fixed price summer special - $45 for a bottle of wine, soup or salad, entree and dessert. The menu was not particularly inspired, but the food was nicely prepared. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Treviso, but for a pre-theater meal it was better than adequate.
- Treviso Scores AgainNotableNoshesDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I were once again impressed with the food and service at Treviso at a recent lunch. As it was an extremely hot day, we chose to be seated in the pleasant dining room rather than the otherwise very inviting patio. We both choose the Crab Cake Benedict, which was perfectly prepared and served with al dente freshly-steamed asparagus. Heaven! For dessert, we shared a wonderful mango-raspberry mousse on a light sponge cake. Thus, amply fortified, we were ready for a lengthy tour of the Ringling Art Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchFloridaNativeDined on 7/27/2014Our group of five would rate the food and price as really good for the amount and quality. The grouper sandwich I had would not be a recommendation. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch RestaurantfrannieDined on 7/26/2014We made reservations so as to let the restaurant know one of our party would require wheelchair accommodations. When we arrived they were expecting us and gave us a table with perfect for wheelchairs. We had an excellent waitress. One of our party members was late but she did not appear to be upset by this and shared a very good sense of humor. Because of this we had an excellent lunch experience. I also might add it was busy for a Sat lunch out of season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaBananaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed a lunch before the Summer Circus Performance. They did not have any regular brewed Iced Tea available...but did bring a flavored tea. The Pizza was delicious....our server was gracious, informative & attentive....the salad portions were generous .....the French Fries yummy....all in all we enjoyed our visit and will return again. One of the main problems we were confronted with was that the salad serving plate (rectangular in shape) would slide around when attempting to cut the food with a knife....due to the fact that there was no table cloth ....we asked for an extra cloth napkin and placed it under the salad plate which seem to solve the problem.Special Features:
- unomeDined on 7/24/2014Exceeded all of our expectations. A wonderful reunion site. We dined over our delicious meals of choice and Relaxed while sipping wine. What more is needed for an evening with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 682 reviews are from the Treviso reviews archive.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Creative menu, generous portions, great food, comfortable setting, nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treviso restaurantsinginghealerDined on 7/17/2014Several years ago, Treviso was good. Now, the food looks like it is pre made. My marinara sauce looked like the tomatoes were opened out of a can.Special Features: