980 Farmington Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trevact.com/
- Phone: 8602320407
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dorjan Puka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We are happy to let you know that we heard your concerns and just finished installing the acoustic panels in the dinning room to make your dining experience more enjoyable. Join us for a delicious Lunch, Dinner or Sunday Brunch.
A word from Treva
Treva features chef-inspired innovative northern Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list and culinary cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Treva reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (41)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)romantic (29)notable wine list (28)good for groups (27)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- JasonDined on 9/13/2014TREVA is a great place to eat and is good value for money. Our table was 20 minutes late. They apologized and gave us a free glass of wine. We all run late from time to time but they dealt with it an a great and courteous way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service were awesome! Never had such DELICIOUS food in a restaurant. Great deal of passion and effort went into each dish. Nothing was overpowering or too filling. The drinks were great too. My guest and I had to martinis that were fabulous. The wait staff and all the employees of the restaurant were very courteous also. Everyone should try this restaurant! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food, bad service nightMichelles826Dined on 8/30/2014I always love Treva. I am sure you can find a great review on here from me about them. But this was disappointing. We had 7:30 reservations and were able to get a great seat outside. The problem was the waitress. She was slow, forgetful and non attentive. Our food took ages to get out because she did not put our order in. So what should have been a 1.5 hour dinner turned into a 2.5 hour dinner. The manager came out to apologize for the wait after people who sat after us got their orders. But there was no compensation off the bill or even a free dessert or glass of wine. It was disappointing this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFredbirdDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Treva for years now and can honestly say that while the specials change, the quality of the food does not...it's excellent. Wine list has plenty to choose from as well.Special Features:
- Fine Italian foodCaptainJohnDined on 8/20/2014food and service excellent. A good number of choices in the red wine list (which is where I always look). Fra diavolo was exactly the correct degree of spiciness, a rare achievement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodpckl11Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience at Treva was good. Seating was strange to say the least (4 people at a 2 person table outside, squeezing between tables and dinners to get to the bathroom, and trying to seat us in the middle of room when all other tables were available when we arrived). It appeared to be a busy night but our server was less than attentive and we actually had to request the check after 20 minutes of waiting while he socialized. We enjoyed some unique foods: bore pate, rabbit sausage and they were quite good but overall we would go back to Avert or another WHC restaurant.
- brunchgamiDined on 8/17/2014The selection was not as good as Avert so I will go there the next time. Plenty of food though. Perhaps an interesting hash. The French toast was really good - just too much of it.Special Features:
- YummYLovetheGuacamoleDined on 8/13/2014Excellent happy hour and wonderful dinner choices. Food was plenty and yummy.Special Features:
- Food and wine were great. Tapas !!PFarDined on 8/10/2014The food, drinks and wine were fantastic. We loved the grapefruit vodka drink and the cheese and meat boards were very nice. The house made paprdelle was fantastic. We ate outside on the front patio. After we left we saw the back patio and wished we had sat there - a bit more private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- domenicat66Dined on 8/9/2014Went to Treva for a double birthday date. Made the reservations in advance yet was seated at the table right next to the bathroom/kitchen entrance while there were better tables available. The four of us ordered appetizers, salads and entrees. We shared the calamari which was average but the buffalo cheese plate was the most amazing item of the evening. Simply delicious. The salads were also very good. For the entrees, the trout was completely overdone and very dry. The same can be said about the whole fish. Although we were warned about the bones, there were so may it was very difficult to eat. The pasta and shrimp were nothing exciting and the special short ribs again were over cooked and not seasoned at all.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time! No complaints about anything! Very creative menu, plus amazing specials. We'll definitely return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in West HartfordAlexDined on 8/8/2014Food was spot on, especially the charcuterie and burrata. Good ambience, and great wine selections. For the west hartford area, I don't think any restaurant surpasses treva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restauranthallhigh70Dined on 8/3/2014We wanted to try Treva and went this past Sunday evening. It was a bit quieter and easier to get in. Service was excellent, as was the food and ambience. We will be back. One caveat--not accessible for those needing assistance via wheelchair -- there are several steps in the front entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Last couple of times I've dined here I've been unimpressed with the cuisine. Service is wonderful, but during my last visit the pork was dry and lacking in flavor, and the wine was dissapointing. Considering the price, there are better options in WHC.Special Features:
- Service and food were amazing!SpinlovesfoodDined on 8/1/2014After reading great reviews about Treva I decided to try it. Seated immediately and our server was on his game. Everything on the menu was explained in detail making our decisions easy. The food was amazing... Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againMarkKimDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Treva once again. Will go back very soon.Special Features:
- Just averageLili0606Dined on 7/25/2014Maybe my expectations were too high because of the great reviews this place consistently gets but I really thought this place was just average. For the price you pay I expected better. There were 4 of us and we each had either a fresh made pasta or risotto, and it was OK. I have to say the waiter and cooks were very accommodating. They specially made to order, which was a great touch. Outdoor seating in back looked nice although we sat inside.Special Features:
- JanieVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious especially the cod. Our waiter, Ryan, was friendly and very interested in making sure that we were happy. One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:
- true italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Felt like I was back in Rome. Excellent food and great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treva is niceAndrewDined on 7/21/2014I would recommend Treva for a nice romantic dinner with your significant other. Iinteresting, authentic well prepared foods, mating wine list is rather nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night out!Selective1Dined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening! Great food, great service, excellent wine! We were seated in the garden area outside which completed a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We have dined at Treva's many time for lunch and dinner and the meals are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodfcriticDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb, the restaurant is clean the Wait staff was delightful. My friends and i have already recommended to several of our friends. The menu should be changed to keep the mystery goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong PerformanceUSDickinsonVIPDined on 7/11/2014As always - solid service, a strong wine list and their appetizer/pasta options are excellent. we enjoyed the mussels, flatbread, salads, Bucatini, Risotto and Maltagliati, plus desserts of La Bomba, Graham Cracker Gelato and Espresso Gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!JoanDined on 7/7/2014The food was awesome! My only complaint is that where we sat in the back room was very warm. As we walked through the front when we were leaving, it was very cold. I guess I would have preferred to sit in the front with a sweater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent menuoutstandingVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great place to dine....really excellent in all ways. Will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerPickyeaterVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were a group of 4 and everyone thought their meal was fantastic. They were very willing to accommodate our requests to make some changes to some of the dishes and everything that came out of the kitchen was a nice size portion and cooked just right. The prices were reasonable as well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014I was celebrating an engagement dinner with my family and we had a wonderful time. Service was spot on, not overbearing and never had to worry about refills, food coming out ok, great personality. Food was delicious, we will definitely go back. Best part was the special raspberry chocolate cake dessert we tried-SO good. The little white chocolate shavings on top were the perfect garnish. Thank you for a wonderful time for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was hit-or-missColeDined on 6/30/2014I went to Treva for an anniversary dinner. We started with the bufala mozzerella, which was soft, salty & paired wonderfully with prosciutto. My fiance got the garganelli pasta and liked the smoky bacon of it. I had the bucatini all'amitriciana that I enjoyed, although my fiance did not like it when he tried it. However, ONE bite in I found a hair in my meal, which greatly turned me off. Servers quickly apologized, whisked it away, and I had another entree in ~5 minutes, but it definitely killed my mood. We enjoyed affogato and a cappuccino for dessert. The affogato was creamy & flavorful. Though, they never served me any sugars with the cappuccino. Thankfully, they comped my entree when the bill came. It was just an OK experience overall.
- Attention to detail?Love2cookDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation online and asked for a tucked away table in the notes section. Unfortunately, we did not get a tucked away table - we were seated right in front of the door to the kitchen. Mind you, we were out with my mother-in-law who is 90 and hard of hearing. We had a difficult time having a conversation because she couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear her. Quite frankly, I would not go to this restaurant again if I wanted to actually talk to the person I was with. I had to yell across the table to talk with my husband. Overall, it was not a relaxing experience despite the fact that we loved the food, the drinks were excellent and the service was efficient and professional.Special Features:
- Lunch at TrevajackeeDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit and we were very happy with our choices for lunch! Nicely presented, food was great!Special Features:
- Very Good Northern Italian FoodFrequentDinersDined on 6/21/2014We had a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their food and pleasant server. My Prime Ribeye was delicious as was my specialty Caesar salad enhanced with almonds and fried artichokes. The desserts were very good also accompanied by a choice of Italian coffees, i.e., cappuccinos, lattes and espressos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodsharonaDined on 6/17/2014Always enjoy my meal at Treva with great service. The scallops are deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentTomWDined on 6/15/2014We've been to Treva several times, the latest for Father's Day, and it never disappoints. I have some favorite dishes there (the Artisinal Flat Bread, Burrata) so I made it a point to try somethding different this visit. The rabbit sausage with broccoli rabe and pasta special - taglitelle with shaved truffles - were both up to their standards. Will visit again, for sure!Special Features:
- consistently goodDiner7VIPDined on 6/13/2014Treva remains consistently good. Interesting menu, well trained and pleasant wait staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014I thought the food was excellent. The pasta I had was cooked perfectly; the bread was excellent and the service was friendly. I plan to go back soon. In my opinion Treva is the best Italian restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Consistently Delicious!MickeyDined on 6/10/2014I have eaten here about ten times and every time has been excellent. I enjoyed the ravioli special of beet and goat cheese. Perfectly blended- not too sweet and not too tangy-absolutely delicious. Service is good. I love that they take reservations!Special Features:
- Just okaySheshe116Dined on 6/6/2014We arrived early at the restaurant , which was not problem. the table was prepared and we sat down. it was a good 15 minutes before our waitress came over. The restaurant was not busy. The food was very good, but to get the attention of the serving staff was annoying. The food was not bad it was tasty, but I would not rush back because of the wait staff. This was out second time at this restaurant and we have to say , it was the same issue. I would rather eat at Avert.Special Features:
- Fabulous!WeHaDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had another spectacular meal here. Started with sharing the calamari, which was very good. Then had the Caesar salad - one of the best I've ever had. The dressing was fresh and didn't drown the lettuce. The Parmesan was shaved onto the salad and wonderful. For an entree I had the scallops with wild mushrooms and creamy polenta. Out if this world. My husband had the steak and was very happy with it. We also had a side of busses spouts since Treva's dies such a great job with them. Left very happy.Special Features:
- Good but a bit noisyjarjarDined on 6/3/2014Fantastic food and service, but the noise level of surrounding tables, at least in the back seating area was a bit too loud. Had a very enjoyable time, but at times it was difficult to carry a conversation, until one or two other tables cleared out.Special Features: