980 Farmington Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trevact.com/
- Phone: 8602320407
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dorjan Puka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We are happy to let you know that we heard your concerns and just finished installing the acoustic panels in the dinning room to make your dining experience more enjoyable. Join us for a delicious Lunch, Dinner or Sunday Brunch.
A word from Treva
Treva features chef-inspired innovative northern Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list and culinary cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Treva reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (35)notable wine list (33)romantic (27)hot spot (26)great for lunch (24)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- My ImpressionsJohnnikatDined on 10/19/2014The food is wonderful. Service is quick. The only major drawback is the unsightly, scraped tabletops that obviously need table cloths. The noisy bar is not ideal for romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner however it was very difficult to hear the waiter explaining the evenings specials and it was very difficult to carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experienceMHDiningExperienceDined on 10/17/2014We've come to rely on Treva for an excellent dining experience. Our friends also raved about Treva - especially the food.Special Features:
- Awesome as UsualMsbannettDined on 10/10/2014Great food, great service, great menu. Love this place! Always a fantastic meal!Special Features:
- Things that make you go yumgzillaDined on 10/10/2014You will be stumped by all the wonderful choices on the menu at Treva but rest assured that all will be deliciously memorable. Go now and eat well!Special Features:
- Great for carb loading and moreToddDined on 10/10/2014Went the night before the Hartford Marathon. All the pastas we tried were good. The layout is broken into different sections, it's pretty lively close to the bar. Space heaters allow of outdoor dining even on a cool fall evening.Special Features:
- Good as usualGbrownDined on 10/10/2014Good as usual. We keep coming back multiple times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post show dinnerPeteDined on 9/28/2014Had a great meal with the family after going to Evita at the Bushnell. Dad enjoyed one of the better Bolognese dinners in quite some time, mom loved the Butternut squash ravioli, wife had an excellent pasta dish with Hen of the Woods, Truffles and truffle oil and I enjoyed the Salmon on mushroom barley with porchini butter. Will definitely go back to try more.....Special Features:
- Dinner at TrevaSanJoeDined on 9/26/2014We've been to Treva several times but it was a first visit for our friends. Three out of four meals, plus appetizers were very good. I had the swordfish special and the fish was dry and over cooked. A little disappointing. However I rated food very good since two appetizers, salads and 3 dinners were very good. Two of us had the antipasto martini and it was really good. Would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Excellent homemade pastaChipatipanDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten here a couple of time recently and have really enjoyed the fresh made pasta. The truffle pasta special that they have featured is a real gem. We also recommend the fresh buffala mozzarella and, for the truly adventurous, the fried long hot peppers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have wanted to go to Treva for awhile. I am a big fan of the five course Italian dinner. The cheese and meat course was good. The calamari was ok although the menu states "peppronccini peppers" and they were hot cherry peppers. The salad was nice, a little large and I would have liked to been offered some grated cheese . I ordered my steak medium rare and it was medium at best. Although the steak was a little more cooked then I like, the food was good. The prices were very high, but I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- greatgamiDined on 9/22/2014wonderful as usual for four 80 year olds!!!! A favoriteSpecial Features:
- Will I return to Treva?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have been a big fan of travel over the years. The waitstaff is very nice, the food very good and the atmosphere is very pleasant. But the noise level so bothersome I'm not sure I'll be returning. Very sad about that.... It is a gem in West Hartford.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightWeHaForeignerDined on 9/17/2014Treva was exactly what I was looking for. Needed a nice place to take a beautiful girl on a date and Treva hit the nail on the head. Food was good. Service was great. My waiter was Dan and killed it- did a good job checking in on us and refilling our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 9/13/2014TREVA is a great place to eat and is good value for money. Our table was 20 minutes late. They apologized and gave us a free glass of wine. We all run late from time to time but they dealt with it an a great and courteous way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!agmboneDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were awesome! Never had such DELICIOUS food in a restaurant. Great deal of passion and effort went into each dish. Nothing was overpowering or too filling. The drinks were great too. My guest and I had to martinis that were fabulous. The wait staff and all the employees of the restaurant were very courteous also. Everyone should try this restaurant! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food, bad service nightMichelles826Dined on 8/30/2014I always love Treva. I am sure you can find a great review on here from me about them. But this was disappointing. We had 7:30 reservations and were able to get a great seat outside. The problem was the waitress. She was slow, forgetful and non attentive. Our food took ages to get out because she did not put our order in. So what should have been a 1.5 hour dinner turned into a 2.5 hour dinner. The manager came out to apologize for the wait after people who sat after us got their orders. But there was no compensation off the bill or even a free dessert or glass of wine. It was disappointing this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFredbirdDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Treva for years now and can honestly say that while the specials change, the quality of the food does not...it's excellent. Wine list has plenty to choose from as well.Special Features:
- Fine Italian foodCaptainJohnDined on 8/20/2014food and service excellent. A good number of choices in the red wine list (which is where I always look). Fra diavolo was exactly the correct degree of spiciness, a rare achievement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodpckl11Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience at Treva was good. Seating was strange to say the least (4 people at a 2 person table outside, squeezing between tables and dinners to get to the bathroom, and trying to seat us in the middle of room when all other tables were available when we arrived). It appeared to be a busy night but our server was less than attentive and we actually had to request the check after 20 minutes of waiting while he socialized. We enjoyed some unique foods: bore pate, rabbit sausage and they were quite good but overall we would go back to Avert or another WHC restaurant.
- brunchgamiDined on 8/17/2014The selection was not as good as Avert so I will go there the next time. Plenty of food though. Perhaps an interesting hash. The French toast was really good - just too much of it.Special Features:
- YummYLovetheGuacamoleDined on 8/13/2014Excellent happy hour and wonderful dinner choices. Food was plenty and yummy.Special Features:
- Food and wine were great. Tapas !!PFarDined on 8/10/2014The food, drinks and wine were fantastic. We loved the grapefruit vodka drink and the cheese and meat boards were very nice. The house made paprdelle was fantastic. We ate outside on the front patio. After we left we saw the back patio and wished we had sat there - a bit more private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- domenicat66Dined on 8/9/2014Went to Treva for a double birthday date. Made the reservations in advance yet was seated at the table right next to the bathroom/kitchen entrance while there were better tables available. The four of us ordered appetizers, salads and entrees. We shared the calamari which was average but the buffalo cheese plate was the most amazing item of the evening. Simply delicious. The salads were also very good. For the entrees, the trout was completely overdone and very dry. The same can be said about the whole fish. Although we were warned about the bones, there were so may it was very difficult to eat. The pasta and shrimp were nothing exciting and the special short ribs again were over cooked and not seasoned at all.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time! No complaints about anything! Very creative menu, plus amazing specials. We'll definitely return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in West HartfordAlexDined on 8/8/2014Food was spot on, especially the charcuterie and burrata. Good ambience, and great wine selections. For the west hartford area, I don't think any restaurant surpasses treva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restauranthallhigh70Dined on 8/3/2014We wanted to try Treva and went this past Sunday evening. It was a bit quieter and easier to get in. Service was excellent, as was the food and ambience. We will be back. One caveat--not accessible for those needing assistance via wheelchair -- there are several steps in the front entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Last couple of times I've dined here I've been unimpressed with the cuisine. Service is wonderful, but during my last visit the pork was dry and lacking in flavor, and the wine was dissapointing. Considering the price, there are better options in WHC.Special Features:
- Service and food were amazing!SpinlovesfoodDined on 8/1/2014After reading great reviews about Treva I decided to try it. Seated immediately and our server was on his game. Everything on the menu was explained in detail making our decisions easy. The food was amazing... Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againMarkKimDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Treva once again. Will go back very soon.Special Features:
- Just averageLili0606Dined on 7/25/2014Maybe my expectations were too high because of the great reviews this place consistently gets but I really thought this place was just average. For the price you pay I expected better. There were 4 of us and we each had either a fresh made pasta or risotto, and it was OK. I have to say the waiter and cooks were very accommodating. They specially made to order, which was a great touch. Outdoor seating in back looked nice although we sat inside.Special Features:
- JanieVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious especially the cod. Our waiter, Ryan, was friendly and very interested in making sure that we were happy. One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:
- true italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Felt like I was back in Rome. Excellent food and great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treva is niceAndrewDined on 7/21/2014I would recommend Treva for a nice romantic dinner with your significant other. Iinteresting, authentic well prepared foods, mating wine list is rather nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night out!Selective1Dined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening! Great food, great service, excellent wine! We were seated in the garden area outside which completed a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We have dined at Treva's many time for lunch and dinner and the meals are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodfcriticDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb, the restaurant is clean the Wait staff was delightful. My friends and i have already recommended to several of our friends. The menu should be changed to keep the mystery goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong PerformanceUSDickinsonVIPDined on 7/11/2014As always - solid service, a strong wine list and their appetizer/pasta options are excellent. we enjoyed the mussels, flatbread, salads, Bucatini, Risotto and Maltagliati, plus desserts of La Bomba, Graham Cracker Gelato and Espresso Gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!JoanDined on 7/7/2014The food was awesome! My only complaint is that where we sat in the back room was very warm. As we walked through the front when we were leaving, it was very cold. I guess I would have preferred to sit in the front with a sweater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent menuoutstandingVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great place to dine....really excellent in all ways. Will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.