980 Farmington Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trevact.com/
- Phone: (860) 232-0407
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dorjan Puka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We are happy to let you know that we heard your concerns and just finished installing the acoustic panels in the dinning room to make your dining experience more enjoyable. Join us for a delicious Lunch, Dinner or Sunday Brunch.
A word from Treva
Treva features chef-inspired innovative northern Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list and culinary cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Treva reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (39)special occasion (36)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)romantic (26)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Another great meal!JillDined on 11/22/2014Always a good spot, and this night the special was amazing. The homemade ravioli was some of the best I ever had. Another friend has the boar special and loved that too. The atmosphere is always hopping, so it was a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the West - HartfordYouHavetoGoDined on 11/22/2014The staff is great - Our waiter was awesome as well. Outstanding food - the best restaurant in West Hartford. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Our dinners were all excellent! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelovediningoutVIPDined on 11/11/2014Treva has a pleasant atmosphere with an unhurried service which is what we were looking for at lunchtime. The scallop dish was excellent with a very creamy polenta. My dining companion requested a small variation on the same scallop dish and it was graciously provided. It was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatLoveQualityDined on 11/11/2014This a a favorite meeting spot with some of my friends. The problem with the menu is that everything is so good, it is difficult not to order the same thing each time! I stayed with my favorite Caesar salad with octopus this time, but my friends' foray into other menu options turned out to be very happy choices. We left - once again - very pleased with our meals.Special Features:
- Fun experienceSpagal05Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I decided to have a birthday dinner at Treva and we really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend it for couples and friends outings, perhaps a girl's night out. It reminded me of a café in Soho, New York. Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Good food strange seating policyLynnmarie1513Dined on 11/8/2014I eat at Trevas several times a year but this time was a little strange. When we showed up the restaurant was not very full because we had an earlyish reservation. They then seated us directly next to another group when there were other tables open. We asked if we could sit somewhere else because the tables here are pretty close and we did not want to feel like we were a part of the other group. They proceeded to check and then come back and explain why they could not seat us at another table. Eventually we sat down but throughout the meal I watched and there was no reason why they could not have sat us somewhere else. This was frustrating but overall the food was delicious and the server was courteous so I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible servicelsteidzDined on 11/8/2014The food at Treva has always been amazing, however the last time we went we decided not to order any alcohol as we were going to Mohegan Sun afterwards. As soon as we told the waiter we were not ordering any alcohol, we were basically ignored the whole night. He seemed to have gone from happy and excited to "Oh you aren't ordering alcohol. I won't get a big tip, I can ignore them". Such a shame, because the food is always so excellent!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSamanthaDined on 11/6/2014When we think of dinning out in West Hartford, Treva amost always first as an option! The food is really great, service is excellent and the wine list is really good. One of the hidden secrets is that one can bring in one's own wine, of course there is a corking fee, but if you have a bottle of wine that you love it is really worth it! We took to Treva some of very picky eaters of all ages, all of them were very happy afterwards!Special Features:
- Delicious food, friendly staffKayakwomanDined on 11/3/2014We have eaten at Treva several times. This time it was on a Monday, so we enjoyed the exceptional food and enjoyed a quieter atmosphere than usual......hurray!Special Features:
- another great mealCTWolverineVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great service and delicious food. Had the kale salad special, cod dinner with a side of polenta. Honey custard with honey gelato was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDoodlebug4Dined on 10/29/2014Had dinner with some close friends. Ambiance was quiet, food was delicious. Service was very good as well. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014We ate lunch at the bar on a quiet day. The salamis and cheeses as appetizers made us feel as if we were dining at an Italian trattoria. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificfirstandlastDined on 10/25/2014It was our first time dining at Treva and we will definitely be back. The restaurant has a neighborhood feel, and offers a twist on classic Italian cuisine. As we arrived the restaurant lost power, and the staff didn't skip a beat. They explained what had happened, how it was being fixed, sat us, lit candles and served drinks. By the time we sipped our fist drink, power was on. The chef's visited each table, apologized for the inconvenience, and provided a unique appetizer to enjoy. We asked him some questions, which led to a "special creation" that he served our family. It was a terrific dinner and we look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining in West HartfordSuschiDined on 10/25/2014When we first sat down it was too loud to converse. I was disappointed but the food made up for it. The sliced meat and cheeses lend an interesting twist to the menu. We did find cheese servings to be small, not even enough for the 3 of us to each have a bite. Salads were good. There was an incident with the smoke alarm that caused dinner to be very delayed. Some diners left as a result which made things quieter to our advantage. They offered us drinks during the delay (one soda and glass of wine) which could have been on the house and they were not. Not a big deal but would have been nice given the situation. The gnocchi and rigatoni bolognese were wonderful. Bread was the BEST! Would go back for the bread alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable meal at TrevaGentleBenDined on 10/25/2014I discovered Treva by chance last year with my brother who was visiting from Austin. Went back last week (had to do some detective work as I could not remember the name or address .... ) with my husband and another couple. We are serious foodies (though I shrink somewhat from the label!) and were wowed by the wonderful and distinctive menu, European bistro ambiance, great wines and friendlly but professional service. Great mozzarella selection, fabulous rabbit sausage, homemade pasta, inventive combinations of ingredients and flavors. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Visit to TrevaLindaluDined on 10/24/2014As return dining guest to Treva, it was a great as always. I took two friends for a birthday dinner and , my friends husband chose Treva as we all like it there. The staff is always very welcoming and, as always the food was delicious. And, I must say I was at Treva twice last week - on Wednesday I was there for Happy Hour with a friend and,I must say "best" happy hour at Treva!Special Features:
- My ImpressionsJohnnikatDined on 10/19/2014The food is wonderful. Service is quick. The only major drawback is the unsightly, scraped tabletops that obviously need table cloths. The noisy bar is not ideal for romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner however it was very difficult to hear the waiter explaining the evenings specials and it was very difficult to carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experienceMHDiningExperienceDined on 10/17/2014We've come to rely on Treva for an excellent dining experience. Our friends also raved about Treva - especially the food.Special Features:
- Awesome as UsualMsbannettDined on 10/10/2014Great food, great service, great menu. Love this place! Always a fantastic meal!Special Features:
- Things that make you go yumgzillaDined on 10/10/2014You will be stumped by all the wonderful choices on the menu at Treva but rest assured that all will be deliciously memorable. Go now and eat well!Special Features:
- Great for carb loading and moreToddDined on 10/10/2014Went the night before the Hartford Marathon. All the pastas we tried were good. The layout is broken into different sections, it's pretty lively close to the bar. Space heaters allow of outdoor dining even on a cool fall evening.Special Features:
- Good as usualGbrownDined on 10/10/2014Good as usual. We keep coming back multiple times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post show dinnerPeteDined on 9/28/2014Had a great meal with the family after going to Evita at the Bushnell. Dad enjoyed one of the better Bolognese dinners in quite some time, mom loved the Butternut squash ravioli, wife had an excellent pasta dish with Hen of the Woods, Truffles and truffle oil and I enjoyed the Salmon on mushroom barley with porchini butter. Will definitely go back to try more.....Special Features:
- Dinner at TrevaSanJoeDined on 9/26/2014We've been to Treva several times but it was a first visit for our friends. Three out of four meals, plus appetizers were very good. I had the swordfish special and the fish was dry and over cooked. A little disappointing. However I rated food very good since two appetizers, salads and 3 dinners were very good. Two of us had the antipasto martini and it was really good. Would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Excellent homemade pastaChipatipanDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten here a couple of time recently and have really enjoyed the fresh made pasta. The truffle pasta special that they have featured is a real gem. We also recommend the fresh buffala mozzarella and, for the truly adventurous, the fried long hot peppers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have wanted to go to Treva for awhile. I am a big fan of the five course Italian dinner. The cheese and meat course was good. The calamari was ok although the menu states "peppronccini peppers" and they were hot cherry peppers. The salad was nice, a little large and I would have liked to been offered some grated cheese . I ordered my steak medium rare and it was medium at best. Although the steak was a little more cooked then I like, the food was good. The prices were very high, but I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- greatgamiDined on 9/22/2014wonderful as usual for four 80 year olds!!!! A favoriteSpecial Features:
- Will I return to Treva?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have been a big fan of travel over the years. The waitstaff is very nice, the food very good and the atmosphere is very pleasant. But the noise level so bothersome I'm not sure I'll be returning. Very sad about that.... It is a gem in West Hartford.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightWeHaForeignerDined on 9/17/2014Treva was exactly what I was looking for. Needed a nice place to take a beautiful girl on a date and Treva hit the nail on the head. Food was good. Service was great. My waiter was Dan and killed it- did a good job checking in on us and refilling our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 9/13/2014TREVA is a great place to eat and is good value for money. Our table was 20 minutes late. They apologized and gave us a free glass of wine. We all run late from time to time but they dealt with it an a great and courteous way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!agmboneDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were awesome! Never had such DELICIOUS food in a restaurant. Great deal of passion and effort went into each dish. Nothing was overpowering or too filling. The drinks were great too. My guest and I had to martinis that were fabulous. The wait staff and all the employees of the restaurant were very courteous also. Everyone should try this restaurant! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The food here was good, with friendly service. We were seated in the back room which was very noisy (good for groups but a little intrusive for a dinner for two)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad service nightMichelles826Dined on 8/30/2014I always love Treva. I am sure you can find a great review on here from me about them. But this was disappointing. We had 7:30 reservations and were able to get a great seat outside. The problem was the waitress. She was slow, forgetful and non attentive. Our food took ages to get out because she did not put our order in. So what should have been a 1.5 hour dinner turned into a 2.5 hour dinner. The manager came out to apologize for the wait after people who sat after us got their orders. But there was no compensation off the bill or even a free dessert or glass of wine. It was disappointing this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFredbirdDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Treva for years now and can honestly say that while the specials change, the quality of the food does not...it's excellent. Wine list has plenty to choose from as well.Special Features:
- Fine Italian foodCaptainJohnDined on 8/20/2014food and service excellent. A good number of choices in the red wine list (which is where I always look). Fra diavolo was exactly the correct degree of spiciness, a rare achievement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodpckl11Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience at Treva was good. Seating was strange to say the least (4 people at a 2 person table outside, squeezing between tables and dinners to get to the bathroom, and trying to seat us in the middle of room when all other tables were available when we arrived). It appeared to be a busy night but our server was less than attentive and we actually had to request the check after 20 minutes of waiting while he socialized. We enjoyed some unique foods: bore pate, rabbit sausage and they were quite good but overall we would go back to Avert or another WHC restaurant.
- brunchgamiDined on 8/17/2014The selection was not as good as Avert so I will go there the next time. Plenty of food though. Perhaps an interesting hash. The French toast was really good - just too much of it.Special Features:
- YummYLovetheGuacamoleDined on 8/13/2014Excellent happy hour and wonderful dinner choices. Food was plenty and yummy.Special Features: