Trestle on Tenth
242 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Trestle on Tenth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trestleontenth.com/
- Phone: (212) 645-5659
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 8:30am-11:30am Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday 5:30pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Ralf Kuettel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Trestle on Tenth
Is it possible for a restaurant to be both warmly hospitable and elegant? Chelsea's Trestle on Tenth, which has quickly developed an enthusiastic following, proves that it is. Trained in Switzerland and France, Chef Ralf Kuettel turns out contemporary American food with a Northern European twist, featuring seasonal dishes that are at once simple and sophisticated. Trestle's award-winning wine list emphasizes value as well as variety, offering a choice array of moderately priced artisanal wines that marry perfectly with Chef Kuettel's distinctive menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trestle on Tenth reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)romantic (13)special occasion (7)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service is a struggle hereFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/21/2014I am forgiving with service people in general but my last experience here was just too trifling. Started out with a completely unwelcoming attitude by the staff person. Then said staff person (only person consistently working the floor that morning) was to glued to their iphone that we had to audibly beg to get him to take our orders or offer us a beverage. He continued to be quite engaged in his phone and never brought us an item we ordered, but most certainly charged us for it. Then even when we made him aware of this mistake ran the credit card and still charged us for it. I've had poor experiences here in the past and am over it. Ownership needs to get their act together if they want patronage from neighbors like me who eat in area often. I left the venue frustrated and it was a bad start to my day, which could have been prevented.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2014I've been to Trestle 15+ times, and have always been pleased with the meal and service; it's a testament to a restaurant that prepares meat dishes and seafood dishes with the same high quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swiss chef and Swiss winesCTheDined on 11/13/2014We were delighted to find Swiss wines on the extensive wine list. We started with a cold plate which included bundnerfleisch, another Swiss specialty. Our meals were delicious and served hot. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Good good. Good martinis. Loved seeing David Byrne drinking wine, eating popcorn and reading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so pretty yet disappointingfoodie10014VIPDined on 10/25/2014had a fantastic brunch here outside in the beautiful garden years ago. my recent dinner was disappointing. the setting is so nice - the place is pretty and calm. love the menu and everyone was so nice, but they don't have it together. there was a too long wait between courses and the food was good but i wanted it to be really, really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunchgreggieboyDined on 10/14/2014I hadn't been to Tenth on T in several years - it didn't disappoint. Food was great, service excellent and it was quiet enough for us to catch up after not seeing each other for a while. My guest is eagerly planning a group to return for their suckling pig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly, priceybartonspringsDined on 10/9/2014The service was lovely and the atmosphere that of a warm neighborhood restaurant. The food, however, was really nothing special which was disappointing given the prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The weather was perfect for the cozy little patio. The food & wine was excellent. Wonderful evening with friends.Special Features:
- Perfect foodAcberwangerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our expericence was incredible. The porkloin was perfectly cooked, the pasta was amazing, the service was impecable.Special Features:
- Great food!salhalDined on 9/21/2014Food was amazing, we unfortunately had a screaming baby next to us throughout the whole brunch but I guess that's not the restaurants fault. Food was A++ and price reasonableSpecial Features:
- AnnKDined on 9/13/2014A neighborhood gem that is worth a trip to visit even if one doesn't live in the neighborhood! Brick walls, wood tables, and home made sausage and other gastropub types of dishes make this an ideal place for any meal if one wants casual but tasty (and its not even noisy!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticeconprofDined on 9/12/2014As usual, Trestle on Tenth delivers great food in a cozy (and quiet, by New York standards) atmosphere. Attentive service, great and reasonably-priced wine list, and amazing food. A neighborhood institution.Special Features:
- Sophisticated Enough to be ComfyMaggieNYCDined on 9/10/2014As Trestle repeat-diners, we fiind it an easy-going spot for good food and wine, careful without being stuffy or fussy. The service is professional enough to make a diner feel at home: questions are answered thoughtfully and correctly and--WOW!--nicely! We love it.Special Features:
- The worst piece of meat in the cityRalphVIPDined on 9/7/2014I ordered the 36$ steak. It arrived and looked good, but when I cut it all I found was fat, on the edges in the center, far more more than 50% fat. I returned the pile of fat. Such a piece of meat should have never been served.Special Features:
- Great brunch placeNYCFoodieinTrainingDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant enjoys a geographical advantage by being close to the High Line, making it a great starting point. The service was very good, as the people were very attentive to everyone there. The food was very good, with a nice diverse selection, but not an overwhelming amount of choices.Special Features:
- Chinon to die for!SippingsisterVIPDined on 9/2/2014When you see Chinon - one with even a bit of age - on the wine list - just let the kitchen choose the food. Really.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Nice brunch atmosphere outside; cinnamon roles are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestuarantluckyVIPDined on 8/26/2014My daughter lives in NY, previous time I visited she took me here for brunch and it was awesome. This time, we went for dinner to celebrate her birthday. The restaurant is very pricey, but the food, ambience and service make up for the hole that is left in your wallet after you leave. For starters, we had the Charcuterie platter (meats/cheese and chicken liver). Excellent. For entrees, I had the spinach gnocci and my daughter had the Calves' Liver with potato rösti, sage and caramelized onions, she loved her dish. To top it off we had the ricotta cheese cake with berries (which we split). I told them ahead of time it was her birthday, a little disappointed that they didn't have a candle (should have brought) but they made up for it.Special Features:
- Intimate garden settingeat2liveDined on 8/9/2014On lovely summer weeknights, Trestle should put a sign in their front window saying "We're in the garden". Members in my party were concerned when we walked through the sparsely seated dining room, but then delighted as we stepped into the garden. Unlike many gardens with tables jammed together in crowded outdoor spaces, in this garden there is plenty of room between tables, high brick walls, and lovely older trees providing a sheltered space for an intimate romantic dinner or long conversation between friends. The food was very good, the drinks excellent, and the service well modulated to enable two generations of family members to refresh connections and deepen bonds. A memorable evening in a memorable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great people, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014this is my second time here. first time, was on a first date. this time, it was after i proposed to the girl i went on that first date with. food was great. the staff was super kind and friendly. i knocked over the complimentary champagne they gave us, but then they filled it back up again. i hope to bring our future kids here!Special Features:
- The following 643 reviews are from the Trestle on Tenth reviews archive.
- Lovely terrace with great foodMimibeeVIPDined on 7/27/2014A lovely neighborhood gem; great food, and awesome little outside terrace which was nice on a cool summer night. Creative food, and good wine. A little slow on the service which was sort of surprising as it wasnt busy.Special Features:
- B-flat breakfast..FionaDined on 7/26/2014So, ok, you open at 8:30 in the morning, you take a reservation for 10:45 a.m. brunch, but you're not serving brunch at that time...just your regular breakfast menu.....well, ok. Food was just ok, could have gotten the same thing at a decent diner.... I checked neighborhood gem above because this review would not post until I specifically recommended something....quite honestly, nothing applies.Special Features:
- pleasantly surpriseddisappointedVIPDined on 7/18/2014great find...wonderful evening in outside courtyardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden in the back...ahimelsVIPDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant is outstanding from ambiance (try to sit in the outdoor garden), service, drinks (negroni, please) and food (of course!)Special Features:
- A great place for luncha1happydinerDined on 6/26/2014Service was attentive. We were not rushed thru our lunch. Our server was knowledgeable on wines and he enjoyed his job. Food of steak tartare with a raw quail egg was very good. Oysters delicious - we could have used a little spoon to dispense the shallot vinegar- crab cake had plenty of crab in it and the monk fish was cooked to perfection. A great place to stop after a good walk on the ELine (I think that is the name of the walk above 10th ave?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trestle on Tenth on the Right TrackgrubgumshoeDined on 6/25/2014Not only is the food quite good, but one rarely sees such an upbeat staff (sincerely... not artificially so). Avoid the tall-windowed west-facing front dining area on bright summer afternoons, as the sun can be very strong despite window shades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service ruined the visitLorraineVIPDined on 6/25/2014Am generally a fan, but service was way off on this visit. I arrived before my lunch guest and took a table in the lovely garden. The hostess seated my guest inside ... So we waited for eat other in different ares until we discovered the problem. Our waitress was absent most of the time and the sent us the wrong check. Am hoping this was just one bad day. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- zzzzzDined on 6/23/2014had unusually agreeable and lengthy meal in garden of restaurant. stayed a long time with no pressure to leave. tasty robust and honest food. pleasing austrian/swiss flair with some unusual menu items. interesting beer and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WORST service ever.PrettyarlVIPDined on 6/22/2014I have never given a restaurant a really bad review, but this restaurant is the worst and I would like to warn other diners about it. My friend and I went there for a Sunday Brunch. My friend's Waffle was good. I ordered a small salad and an egg on Brioche toast. The salad came drenched in dressing and the bacon was just a few tiny strips of bacon FAT. We waited a very long time for our food. I got a poached egg w/o toast so I told the waiter I ordered an egg with toast. He took the egg back and 15 mins later I just got just toast, no egg. I asked for the egg on toast again. After waiting 20 mins and nothing came out, spoke to the manager. She took care of it, but was not very pleasant. Getting the check and paying was an ordeal too.
- good place so and so serviceMRNYCVIPDined on 6/21/2014You will need reservations for sure, the brunch service was bad! I waited 20 minutes for a cup of coffee, the waiter was out to lunch, and the staff were making comments like "I want to go home" with unhappy faces...Special Features:
- What a Great Place !RichardVIPDined on 6/18/2014We were in NYC for the theater (from Philadelphia) - dinner at Trestle....Food Excellent ! Service friendly........Good bartender. What a great find.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!Andy12bDined on 6/14/2014We had a delicious dinner. The menu was wonderful. The waiter was very helpful with suggestions. We will define truly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific brunch @ TrestleJoannaDined on 6/8/2014I have had brunch here several times, usually with friends who are former New Yorkers, have not been to the City in a while, and want to see the Hi Line. It's a great Chelsea stop. The food is good, the service is friendly and efficient, and the design and use of the space impresses everyone I have been there with.Special Features:
- Food good. Service bad.Jbs31414VIPDined on 6/7/2014Second visit on a sat night. Service is basically nonexistent and rough around the edges. Check in with your tables more often. Pour a taste of the wine rather than just running it out. Chill the red wine just a bit. Don't stand there yawning in plain view. The food is actually very solid and priced appropriately - if they can make it feel like more of an experience.
- Lovely outdoor spaceLorraineVIPDined on 6/4/2014Trestle has a wonderful outdoor patio for a spring lunch!Special Features:
- comfortable restaurantsusanfrancesDined on 5/29/2014went for lunch midweek. our first time there and happy to see that the place was busy... a sign that it was a good choice. food was delicious, service was friendly but not knowledgeable about questions we had about some of the meat selections. curious about one, we ordered some to try it. it was not how described when delivered, and only learned after we had eaten it, that he brought the wrong thing to the table -- there was no attempt to correct the mistake or take the mistake off the bill. otherwise, it was a nice experience and we would go again,Special Features:
- New discovery, needs work..KpmvVIPDined on 5/24/2014I ate here for brunch and dinner. The brunch was great in the outside garden, a funky old N.Y. back yard setting.. Loved it so much returned for dinner, a disappointment. Whie the dinner menu was interesting , the food was barely there ..and bland... with such a complicated menu offering i expected someting more the average..disappointed. the restaurant was not busy, several waiters, but really poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!!BonzVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is great brunch food. Perfect poached eggs and the duck hash was worthy for any brunch induced food coma you might wish to have on a rainy weekend. I will be back. Beware Trestle - I might go for a double order - yeah that good!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 5/17/2014I had eaten at Trestle for lunch and took a group of 4 for dinner and had a wonderful experience. Oysters were fresh and the sweetbreads appetizer was delicious. The menu has both adventurous and less-adventurous choices to fit everyone's preference. Our entrees - scallops, grouper, pork loin and gnocchi - were all superb. Wine was reasonably priced too. Service was attentive, responsive yet unobtrusive. A great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014Even thought the head/ executive chef was not there the night we dined, the food and service were top notch.Special Features: