233 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trescanorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177428240x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday for Brunch from 11am till 3PM, Dinner is available nightly from 5:00pm till 10:30pm and till 11:30pm Friday and Saturday. The full bar closes at midnight during the week and 12:30am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jake Pease
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Available for private functions.
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV, CD music
- Special Events: The perfect romantic setting for an engagement party rehearsal dinner or cozy intimate wedding. For an exceptional birthday cake or anniversary cake please call in advance and make arrangements.
- Cross Street: Cross St.
- Public Transit: Haymarket, TD Banknorth Garden
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Restaurant validates for parking at local Haymarket garage. $3 for first three hours standard after three hours. Please call for directions to garage. Five minute walk to restaurant.
Valet parking is available. Look for Exclusive Valet sign; the valet space is next to the restaurant.
A word from Tresca
Tresca is an authentic Italian restaurant featuring hearty multi-regional cuisine with an exceptional wine cellar, offering a selection of over 500 of the finest vintages. Recent winner of the 'Wine Spectator' award of excellence. The warm captivating atmosphere and fireplace lit dining rooms capture the feeling of being in villa in Tuscany. The service is exceptional and the menu remarkable, a true dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tresca - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Tresca reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (51)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (30)scenic view (20)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Everytime gets betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Now my favorite North End Restaurant!! Staff is great. Nice wine list and food is impeccable!!!Special Features:
- Everything was PERFECTWorldTravellerDined on 8/23/2014Food, Wine, Staff.... PERFECT! We had the most wonderful time. We requested a table upstairs and not only did we et a table upstairs but it was by the window. Nice!!!! The staff was friendly and knowledgable. We will defitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerdiningoneDined on 8/22/2014Didnt realize it was restaurant week and had a wonderful meal. Fried oysters, risotto and swordfish $38.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience at TrescaFoodexplorerDined on 8/22/2014Tresca has been a favorite for a while but this visit was a bit disappointing. To be fair, it was Restaurant Week (called something else now) and they were slammed. We opted to order from the menu rather than the price fixed offering. The pasta dishes we tried (gnocchi, Bolognese & fresh tomato all lacked their usual level of flavor. Our veal was over cooked. Our server was amiable and knowlegable but obviously stretched too thin with his tables spread out around the room. We had pretty much finished our meal before the requested grated cheese arrived. Knowing this was not a normal night we still wanted to introduce an out of town friend to Tresca since we have enjoyed past visits. Our mistake. We'll definitely give Tresca another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHappy2dinersDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner during Restaurant Week, and Eric, the wine manager, helped us choose a wonderful bottle of Nero. Would definitely recommend and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!PZColcapVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is probably our 20th time at Tresca. It's always a great meal, and we love to try it during Dining Out week, as we try items we wouldn't necessarily order on our own. Never disappoints! Loved sitting at the high top table in the bar area and watching the tourists go by. So entertaining!Special Features:
- Didn't wow usluvstxVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Tresca with our college daughter on the eve of her start at college. While we appreciated that they seated us right away even though we arrived 15 minutes early, the noise level on the second floor really detracted from our evening. It was very hard to hear each other due to many large parties seated nearby and it was almost impossible to hear the waiter. The food was fine but for the prices, we expected more from the whole experience. There are other North End restaurants that we would return to or try before going back to Tresca.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At Tresca - Will Be BackRIdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31at wedding anniversary this past weekend and went to Tresca for the first time. From the time we arrived until we left everything was exceptional. Definitely worth the trip .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with finesseCondoCookVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a large group at a long rectangular table, so it was a bit hard for everyone to converse based on the table configuration, but everyone at the table was talking about how great the food was! We enjoyed several of the appetizers on the menu and a variety of entree orders from pasta to seafood. Everyone left full and satisfied with an evening of good food, friends, and family.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time there ! Would go back.. Outstanding! AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seat by the window.JillyDined on 8/8/2014We were given a seat by the window and were able to watch all the crazy stuff going on in the North End, while enjoying a scrumptious meal. We all had a different pasta, in the smaller portion, and it was still too much food. Great hostess, and waiter.Special Features:
- MapilotDined on 8/8/2014excellent meal, reservations right on time, very good service, as always Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Place For FamilyJohnDined on 8/7/2014I had a wonderful experience at Tresca. The waiters were great and very personable. They treated my family well and delivered on their descriptions of the menu. Tresca is great for larger parties in the north end, as it is one of the restaurants with the most space.Special Features:
- FantasticMaryfDined on 8/7/2014Second time to this restaurant and everything was once again A+. My daughter has multiple food allergies and they were so accommodating. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Tresca'sSteveDined on 8/1/2014Tresca's was everything that was advertised and more. The food and service were outstanding and the atmosphere is charming. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLindaDined on 7/20/2014The food was fantastic! Service very attentive. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tresca Sat Night Specialmurfusp1Dined on 7/19/2014Went to Tresca on a busy Sat. night and received a great reception form the hostess -she gave us a nice round table upstairs. Alejandro was very attentive when we arrived. We ordered several apps and then main dishes came. Everyone was very pleased. The wine options by the glass was great because we all like different types. We ended the night with the Chocolate Molten cake .. very tasty. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Not for meKATHVIPDined on 7/19/2014Sat downstairs and it was very very loud and crowded with the tables being exceptionally and uncomfortably close. Not at all conducive to a private conversation. When I sat down the seat was all wet and I ended up with big wet stain on my skirt..... Not sure what it was. Food was expensive but ok... too much butter on pasta for me. Would like to have seen one healthy gf option on the menu.
- Date night dinnerdateDined on 7/19/2014Great experience here at Tresca. The few small things didn't trump the amazing meal. We had a 730 reservation which we showed up for at 720, they informed us that a large party was just finishing and it would be no more then 15 min, 45 minutes later they sat us to eat. Shared truffle fries to start and they were amazing, for entrée I had the tenderloin which was delicious little salty but not to bad and my friend had the chicken which we had no complaints about. Only other complaint was the food runners had no idea where the food was going too. Three times they brought us food and asked us if we had ordered it then would go table to table asking other guests. I would recommend it and would dine again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I was really excited about Tresca as I had heard great things about it. The menu looked really promising. We ordered a glass of wine and appetizer (antipasto), it was delicious. The service wasn't good. The waiter came to our table and asked us if we had ordered yet! He kept forgetting about us. We had ordered a 2nd glass of wine when we ordered dinner and we waited 25 minutes for it only to have the waiter tell us he forgot to order it and then he had to come back because he forgot what kind of wine we had. I got the carbonara, husband got the veal. We were both unsatisfied. The veal was overcooked and carbonara was an incredibly small dish for the price. The carbonara also had citrus in it which was unexpected and weird. Disappointing.
- PennpalVIPDined on 7/19/2014family of four. Carbonara was small(like small scoop) and cold. Fra Diavlo was starchy and skimpy on shellfish. Sauce boring. Pomodoro pasta dish was mushy, skimpy and lacking of flavor. The only decent dish was the beef tenderloin. Very noisy and waited long time for meal because the kitchen was "backed up." Our waiter however was wonderful, attentive and very apologetic.
- the lunch menu was very limitedtre15Dined on 7/19/2014Lunch menu more like appetizers would like to see more pasta dishes. Burger was good agsin would like to have had a choice of more pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantZoeCDined on 7/18/2014Tresca never disappoints! Food is always delicious and we were not disappointed this time. The service is always great. We come back to this restaurant over and over and always have a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food not so goood serviceLuvbostonDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, we were impressed on the decor and also where Tresca was located. Very simple to get to from the hotel. All was well until service became involved. First strike was when an entire glass of wine was split on my husbands back. Although the waiter was apologetic, no management was informed on what happened. Second strike was that the food took a very long time to be served. And third strike was that when we were served our dinners which included pork chops and beef, we were not given any knives to eat our dinner. Had to wait at least 10 minutes to get a knife. Although the service was not up to par, the food was a homerun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeannieDined on 7/18/2014food was great ,it's no big deal,but as we were waiting for our cappucino (which took 20 min. and I end up cancelling for reg,coffee which we didn't drink because of curdled cream!) I noticed the table next to us had the olive oil for dipping the bread,I asked the waiter why we weren't offered this he said you have to request it,(if it's your first time in here how would you know this)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, terrible serviceCathyDined on 7/18/2014Was having a lovely evening at Tresca until it came time to pay the bill. I was using a $100 Visa gift card for a portion of the payment. Our waiter came back to our table 3 times to tell us the card was declined (how embarrassing) for various random amounts of money he tried to run through. The manager got involved and they returned with a receipt for me to sign for $50-what they claimed was the only amount the card would accept. We paid the difference and left. The next day I called Giftcards.com to inquire about my remaining balance on the card which they told me was $28. They have a paper trail-the customer service rep said Tresca tried to run the card many times. They said Tresca charged my gift card $72. Tresca stole $22 from mSpecial Features:
- OKHanover71014Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good but overpriced. At 6:30 they were out of specials. Service was terrible. Dirty napkin, had to ask for salt n pepper and oil for bread at the table. Wine choice needed to be chilled. Someone else's food came to our table. Loud environment. Need to do better overall for Hanover St. north end.Special Features:
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014It was really just amazing from the moment we walked in, till the moment we left. The food was top notch. Went in with high expectations and they were met. Great variety on the menu as well. Fantastic flavor profiles these chefs have.Special Features:
- KathyVIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is a understaffed and very loud. With a few more servers and some better acoustics, it could be quite nice!
- Wow!RichSVIPDined on 7/7/2014Top-notch. Great atmosphere, outstanding service, and delicious food. Allergy friendly! The wine list is extensive and includes both a large by-the-glass selection and a number of wines with years on them. The cheese, meats, and pickled salad on the Tresca and the freshest Tonna Sciliana set tone for a great meal. The huge and delicious Vitello Panzanella did not disappoint and a preview (being added to the menu shortly) of their Lobster Risotto modified to accommodate allergies was out of this world. Nick our waiter was knowledgeable, cordial, and made great recommendations. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTonyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great food, service and an extensive wine list make Tresca a favorite of ours in the North End. From the brickoven pizza to an outstanding cioppino, the food was 5 start. And the service was almost equally compelling.
- Tresca Tutto Bene!sanibelboundVIPDined on 7/5/2014Tresca is fantastic. This is our go to place when we want to take people for their first taste of the North End or just go ourselves for a quiet romantic dinner. Everything is perfect. Go, you won’t be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food & fun nightSeamusDined on 7/5/2014From the time we arrived at Tresca's, the staff was friendly & helpful. We had a drink in the bar & it was fun to watch a World Cup game in the fun atmosphere. We sat in the booth at street level which was great for people watching on a busy Saturday night. The antipasto for the table was delicious - great mix of meats, cheeses & olives. The waiter was helpful with the wine choice & he was attentive all night without hovering. The salmon special was chosen by 2 of our group & they raved about it. The pasta was perfect - not mushy but al dente. Desserts from local Modern Pastry & some of their own were tasty. After dinner scotch choices were a big plus! A great night to celebrate & enjoy a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanover Street Hitmom2tristanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Directly on Hanover Street in the North End, Tresca offers a wonderful Italian meal at a relatively reasonable price. Wines by the glass range from 9-14 dollars. There is an extensive and varied appetizer list (which includes salads), a wide selection of fish entrees and, of course, pasta. We had the mussels for an appetizer (excellent!) and I had the gnocchi entree (half portion, which was perfect). The gnocchi was 5 star -- divine. The lobster scampi (also a half portion) was also quite good. I would absolutely eat here again. Bravo on the half portions on pasta -- I wish every North End restaurant would do the same!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Everything was outstanding. The food was magnificent, the service attentive but not overbearing, it was both romantic and fit for families. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 6/29/2014The food was beautifully presented. The flavors were outstanding.Special Features:
- North end restaurant reviewBigBobDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good. Large portions. Service could have been better for the price. Small dining area. Seating very close to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingChickenboneDined on 6/28/2014The Good: Absolutely beautiful interior with a superb ambiance. One of the more impressive restaurants, from an appeal perspective, that we have visited. Appetizers (crepes and calamari) and salads (pear and spinach) were quite good. The wine list is extensive and the wine steward that assisted us in choosing our wine was exceptional on every level. The Bad: Service from our waiter was horrendous. He was unprepared, disorganized, and lacked skills necessary to be effective at this level of establishment. He disappeared for over 40 minutes and only returned to present the bill. The main courses were forgettable. The red sauce was very bland and was on par with a Prego canned sauce and the portions were fair, at best.Special Features:
- Terrific TrescaagleoneDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I had an outstanding night at Tresca! We were celebrating our anniversary and the manager reserved the most beautiful table for two upstairs. We overlooked Hanover street from the balcony. Very romantic! The staff were terrific and the food was fantastic! Definitely a 5-star restaurant and a great experience for couples on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- Way Too Loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was just okay. There are better places to dine in the North End. Over priced for what was served! The service was very slow and the manager was unhelpful. We asked him to have the table across from us lower their voices as they were loud enough that they could be heard downstairs and they were seated upstairs near the back. This was a table of 4 and everyone else in the upper dining room tables of 2. No one could hear anything but these obnoxious people. They didn't even tone it down when their dinner came! The manager's solution was to move US? What about everyone else trying to enjoy a quiet dinner? Just plain poor service and no regard for the dining guests at all!! Never ever again!Special Features: