Tres by José Andrés
465 South La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tres by José Andrés
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sbe.com/restaurants/tres
- Phone: 3102465551x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am – 11:00am; Weekend Brunch: Saturdays - Sundays: 11:00am – 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Afternoon Tea: Daily: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hussain Zouhbi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Start planning your next power lunch or celebratory soiree with us today at sbe.com/events.
A word from Tres by José Andrés
A sophisticated and secluded sanctuary peppered with cozy nooks, books and fireplaces, Tres by José Andrés, situated in the lobby of SLS Hotel, blends the soul of home with the luxury of exceptional service. James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés serves up a menu of comfort cuisine with a twist for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus inspired cocktails. Weekend brunch features tabletop displays of caviar selections, specialty smoked salmon and inventive egg dishes. Afternoon tea, served daily, showcases traditional sweet and savory selections paired with a variety of distinctive teas and coffees. This intimate Philippe Starck-designed dining and lounge spaces feature sleek leather loveseats, curated bookshelves, communal seating on marble counters, wireless connectivity and two private dining rooms for Special Little Soirées of up to 12 guests.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tres by José Andrés - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Tres by José Andrés reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (13)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not as adverstised!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014I've been wanting to come here for ages. I was dissapointed by the SLS brunch experience. The food is great but the service is mediocre. It took 20 for us to have, Kyle, our server come and greet us, another 15 for water. Then, he disapears and another servers approaches us. Not aksing if we're doing ok, or if we needed anything. He simply goes "what can I take from the table?". I thought this was rather rude. We felt unwelcomed, rushed, and disrespected. The service, again, was none existent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014We recommend more mini sandwiches for afternoon tea. There was a lot of dessert.Special Features:
- sumptuous brunchSkyViewVIPDined on 10/4/2014You have to try the Egg 63; the special cooking method takes an ordinary egg into an out of this world experience!Special Features:
- A quieter Andres mealValleyAllyDined on 8/31/2014We hit up this place over Labor Day weekend. The SLS was quite a scene but we were the only reservation at Tres. They gave us lovely (but slightly awkward) couch seating in front of the fireplace. The charcuterie and cheese plate were great, the meal good and the wine list (although small) paired well. It was a nice way to get a Spanish meal without all the fuss from the other side of the hotel.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunchLisaDined on 8/30/2014Although I planned to smother myself in the caviar, there were too many other great choices. There were no starchy "fillers" like you get at most brunches - just high quality, well-prepared delicacies that satiated me without stuffing me. I have to say that the seating is a bit odd. The den-like table arrangement, while intimate and cozy, was not conducive to eating. I had to grab a few pillows to sit on so I could eat. I enjoyed the food very much and will return (with my own overstuffed seat cushions!).Special Features:
- AmazedArtyDined on 8/17/2014I had a wonderful time. I came with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and we had an amazing time. Staff was very friendly and the food was out of this world. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return SoonWestwoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014My family had SLS Brunch Experience on Saturday. The restaurant is very modern and the food was high quality and delicious. We had 12 quail eggs, Spanish toast, rotisserie jidori chicken, chesses & iberico ham, caviar, salmon, flan filled golden eggshell, and many more. The endless mimosas were great! Our server was hard to find, but other servers were very friendly and attentive. We all wanted to return soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingTMcDVIPDined on 8/3/2014I chose this brunch due to the reviews on Open table. The offerings were meager and if you have food allergies as my husband and I do you won't find much to satiate you. The service was so terrible the waiter gave us free dessert and apologized. It took FOREVER just to place an order. Then it took FOREVER for the gluten free toast to arrive. We were visiting LA from Florida and I regret this brunch as we could've done something better with our time. From the reviews I was expecting a fabulous, lavish brunch. If you want that, go to the Beverly Hills Hotel. It's not at Tres.
- Not to be missedLjr1954Dined on 8/2/2014Great food and ambience. This is one of the best meals I ever ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch & ambianceFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was lovely. My eggs benedict and smoked salmon was lovely. The mimosas were made with Cava which worked for me. My sister however ordered a fattoush salad with smolked salmon also. The chef somehow forgot to include any feta cheese or any kind of flavor so it was bland and disappointing. By the time the salad got swapped out so had her appetite. Don't get the salad, otherwise you should be good ;-)Special Features:
- I just adore this placeAsheroooooooVIPDined on 7/26/2014It makes me so happy. Beef, caviar, pastries, and the best gazpacho ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceYasu360VIPDined on 7/16/2014Foods were great, unique, and creative. I liked a dry vermouth sauce on crispy salmon. Restaurant interior looks really nice. Restroom is like a night club. I want to go back there again.Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Tres by José Andrés reviews archive.
- perfect end to a honeymoonsmithan2VIPDined on 6/29/2014We booked our meal at Tres as part of the SLS hotel package special. We were only in L.A. one night coming back from our Bora Bora honeymoon, and this dinner was our last hurrah. The food was so fresh, and really creative. Service was absolute perfection, and we were spoiled. Great cocktails, awesome decor. Really romantic and private spot (at least where we were seated). Highly recommend, and will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Sort of a bar, not a restaurantandrealcswVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was good, the setting modern & very current, but I really felt like we were eating in a bar, not a restaurant. I just didn't expect that.Special Features:
- This place makes me so happyAsheroooooooVIPDined on 6/21/2014The all you can eat brunch is $42 and includes cava. What a deal. So worth it. Prime rib, caviar, lox, cheese, desserts.... The gazpacho is the best anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day brunchLuv2brunchDined on 6/15/2014Took my husband and 4 yr. old dauhgter for father's day brunch, the variety of food was limited, but the quality was amazing! 100% satisfied! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODvacayDined on 6/14/2014THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY OVER PRIZED, ALTHOUGH THE FOOD WAS GREAT THE PLACE IS VERY TRENDY AND TOO DARK FOR MY TASTE.Special Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 6/14/2014Incredibly expensive for what feels like a kind of hollow experience, it's not A warm setting. It's weird that eggs are an add-on to what's already pricey.
- Mother's Day BrunchcomiendolaDined on 5/11/2014My mother is a hard one to please and she loved it! I had a reservation, but changed it last minute and was seated at the high top table. I wish I could have kept my private table bc the high top one was very public and communal. But I'm glad they were able to accommodate my change. My mom was here in LA only for two days but her highlight was brunch! That says a lot! The price is the only thing stopping me from returning. I wonder what the normal sunday spread is like without the $10 difference for Mother's Day.Special Features:
- BEST BUFFET EVER!NacnudVIPDined on 4/20/2014I don't like buffets, but I liked this one. Liked? Loved it. I don't like brunches. I liked this one. It's EXPENSIVE but it is First Class all the way. Grab your credit card and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SBE Collection ShutdownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014They don't except their own "SBE Collection" gift cards even though it states it's affiliation on the internet and via the phone number on the back of the card. Very disappointed, and it made for a horrible evening.Special Features:
- AngelaLADined on 4/5/2014It was a few months ago but I remember liking the food, wasn't to die for. The service was excellent and the place gorgeous. But we went a little early I guess so the place was almost empty. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top brunch spotbhdinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014The free flowing cava only improves an exceptional buffet with a delicious array of charcuterie, American caviar & salmon roe with the trimmings and quail eggs, a carving station, individual servings of crudite with the most delicious spicy sauce and the best desserts in town, don't miss the flan filled golden eggshells! This is not your average buffet brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014My friend visiting from Australia wanted to treat my husband and I to an "amazing lunch". What exactly does that mean though?? So we did a Google search and finally found a few places that were actually open for lunch on a Sunday! Tres definitely lived up to the plan for the day. Although brunch was still being served, we requested the lunch menu. The service was wonderful, and overall the food was indeed--amazing. I was a little underwhelmed by the Spanish tortilla (it was a tad underdone..and lacking in something- though I'm not sure what) it was still quite tasty. The mashed potatoes however were .. life changing. The desserts were also superb. Overall--I would highly recommend Tres, and would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Brunch Spot!LaRubiaVIPDined on 3/1/2014Six of us brunched at Tres on a rainy Saturday, and I can only say, "oh my!" They gave us the perfect table, in a little alcove off the main floor, which made conversation easy. Despite some tempting items on the ala carte menu, we all opted for the $42 brunch buffet, which includes all the mimosas we could drink. (On Saturdays, our waitress informed us not on Sundays). There was prime rib (with herb oil or jus, and sides of horseradish and creme fraiche), smoked salmon with all the usuals, as well as hard-boiled quail eggs (!), and two types of American caviar), the cutest little tiny steamed bao, charcuterie and cheese, the most delicious gazpacho, and a dessert table with little tiny bites that made us take one of each. Delish!Special Features:
- This is a great place forCDriversDined on 2/23/2014This is a great place for a special get together or to at least try once. The environment is very friendly and the food is delicious but for decent experience there expect to shell out at $150 for two people.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/22/2014Came here to celebrate the birthday of one of my nearest and dearests. Having dined at Bazaar (which was spectacular), I was excited to see what Jose Andres' brunch would be like. It did NOT disappoint. While it may seem pricey to some, Tres' brunch was worth every penny and more and I can't wait to go back. I could literally list everything that is already on their menu and just go on about how perfect amazing every dish was, but just look at the menu and tell yourself it will all be awesome...I also ordered the eggs benedict "add on", which was an ultra yummy take on benedict; brunchmates ordered the wild mushroom omelet and olive oil pancakes. But, you won't NEED to order anything extra. The brunch offerings will MORE than fill you up.Special Features:
- Had a sunday brunch at Très.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/16/2014Had a sunday brunch at Très. The good was good, but i would have liked a little more variaty of food, not a big sélection. Only one hot food for $42...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I think for special occasions like valentines day the menu should not be limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA outingkani8Dined on 1/25/2014Love everything about Jose Andres' restaurants here in LA but comparing the food from Tres and Bazaar. I think I enjoyed Bazaar a lot more. The food was more distinctive at the Bazaar. In terms of ambiance and presentation, you can't go wrong with either one. I loved their cocktails (especially the Moscow Mule), the service was top-notch, and the decor is more chill than Bazaar but it's obvious that they used the same decorator.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014The overall experience exceeded expectations. My husband and I were seated in a separate room on a couch in front of a fire place. There was a substantial amount of space between our table and other tables. The ambiance was gorgeous. The food was delicious. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic ambiance with great foodluvsgreatfoodDined on 1/24/2014Each course for lunch was absolutely delicious. The plating was beautiful and very tasty. My lunch guest was very impressed with the entire experience. I love the 2 seater couch tables in front of the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is there a special occasion ???JuniperDined on 1/23/2014We were surprised that the restaurant was empty since we were unable to secure a reservation at 11am and had to go at 10:30. The design of the area is unique and elegant.The food was excellent and expensive. The only disapointment is that we specified that this was a special occasion on our Open Table reservation (25 years of friendship) and there was no acknowledgement of that. We ordered gazpacho with shrimp, great,,,ceasar salad and Jidori chicken with mashed potatoes and jus also tasty. Chocolate dessert was exceptional. We were there for 2 hours and the only flaw in service is we has to ask for bread which did not arrive until my main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres during dine LAKatieDined on 1/22/2014I wanted to go to Tres since visiting Bazaar. Food was good. Scallops appetizer was very good-different flavors. Salmon was yummy but in a very rich sauce, short rib had great flavor, but not as tender as expected. Chorizo hash was nothing special, had very little chorizo-wouldn't get again. Chocolate mouse with sea salt was good. We sat at a fireplace table with deep couches-a nice living room look, but started to be uncomfortable over a 2.5 hour meal. Service was not quick, which we enjoy. Tres was not busy which was a surprise. Enjoyed our night. disappointment was we were celebrating my boyfriends b-day which was note at reservation & when I confirmed the reservation, but no one at the restaurant said anything to him while we were thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has a very personal feelbruceVIPDined on 1/22/2014this has a personal feel to it, as it is not tables like a regular restaurant. It seems kind of loungy but in a fancy way. Couches, overstuffed chairs and low tables. There is a bar table, which is good for doing paper and computer work. The service was very good (albeit a bit measured) and the food was fabulous. The chorizo hash was a good sized portion and the slow cooked short rib was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG the FlavorsSharibabyVIPDined on 1/22/2014We were drawn to this restaurant as the menu for DineLA had fabulous items on it. I plan to return to this restaurant as the service, flavors, food and drink selections, were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodFluffy26Dined on 1/11/2014The desert section was good. The food section could have more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty dining at handsome venueBillVIPDined on 12/6/2013Tasty dining at handsome venue with attentive but tardy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverley Downmarket Food1NewManDined on 11/28/2013I rate the physical site 5-stars on the Beverley Hills scale that loves glass elk heads on the walls and silly (1-star) by San Fracisco standards which loves woody chic. Ok, what's next is good food, really, ruined by airplane meal buns as in no breads. Desert too was off speed. Bottom line is the food is almost there. Service was scary bad. Still I like the potential, will not dine here again unless the food improves a great deal. Above all fix the service.
- The Thanksgiving dinner atDrDinerVIPDined on 11/28/2013The Thanksgiving dinner at Tres was one of the most memorable Thanksgiving meals I have ever had. The sweet potatoes in particular were a special kind of divine. The stuffing was great, too.Special Features: