Trento Italian American Retro
1058 Broadhollow Rd
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Trento Italian American Retro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trento110.com/
- Phone: 6315010303
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Tom Avallone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: A wide variety of options are available to handle business meetings, private functions, birthdays,trade shows and so much more.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available to handle parties of all sizes with dedicated menus, wine and liquor availability.
- Private Party Contact: Trento Catering 6315010303
A word from Trento Italian American Retro
A new name in food fashion with a casual and comfortable dining experience for all to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trento Italian American Retro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (34)romantic (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice but priceyLovenewthingsDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance was nice, we went for our anniversary. There was a few downsides... We were a party of two, romantic atmosphere which they than sat a party of seven next to ... That kinda ruined the moment... Than ordered our meal to find out they were out if it! We were there first thing of there day so not sure how they ran out. But waitress was nice and food was tasty. Very over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC type restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Finally a great quality restaurant close to home. No need to go into manhattan. The decor and staff are of high quality. The food is excellent. Been there for lunch twice and last weekend for dinner. The Chilean sea bass was so delicious. Everything I had was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsGaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have a critical crew of 5 star restaurants and this one did not disappoint. Many friends and business associates told me that we must try Trento and we are happy that we finally did. The wine service, prompt honoring of the reservation, vibrant and informed waitress all led up to outstanding salads. The swordfish was ridiculous, the rack of lamb and the the rib eye rivaled great steakhouses. Then I was blown away by a fresh outstanding take on a creme filled Napolean. We will be back.Special Features:
- LovingjesusDined on 9/5/2014Amazing food. Great server(Sharon). The chef was out asking people how the food was!!! It was truly an amazing place and would recommend going there and am planning on returning soon!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantLove2eatDined on 9/2/2014Our first dining experience to Trento will certainly not be our last. The food was delicious, fresh and satisfying. I had for an appetizer the Shrimp Limoncello which was delicious. You receive four nice size shrimp in a butter, garlic, lemon sauce. The lettuce wedge was crisp, big and smothered in blue cheese and bacon. The service was attentive and accommodating. The decor is very pleasing to the eye. The noise level was moderate but I would assume if the bar area was full it could get a little noisy. The prices were moderate to high depending on your choices. The menu is ala carte with most food choices. The specialty cocktails looked very interesting and we had the Expresso Martini and an Apple Martini which were cold and delicious.Special Features:
- We're definitely going backKnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had lamb chops; they were VERY tasty and cooked right. Wife had some kind of shrimp/noodle medley which was also very tasty and prepared to order. Inlaws enjoyed their meal and dessert was good! Nice wine list. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Amazing!Rose624VIPDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food here and wonderful service. The truffolino meal and the Kobe meatball were as delicious as the critics said. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- TracyDined on 8/23/2014The entire experience at Trento was fantastic. The food was excellent. The Chef came to our table to see if we were enjoying our meal. Our waiter, Felipe, was friendly and professional. The support wait staff were also very polite and friendly. My husband and I live close by and wanted to try a new restaurant. We will absolutely back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014FANTASTIC! Food was incredible and our Waitress was OUTSTANDING! I eat all over the country for business and this was a great place for Italian Food!Special Features:
- doryrizDined on 8/19/2014Trento was an overall great experience. From the minute you got into the restaurant the service was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Great food, large portions, nice atmosphere, and decent prices. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Winner!SicilianChefVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been to Trento several times and NEVER a disappointment. Everything is always top notch. My husband and I decided to mix it up a bit and order things from the menu that we have never tried, and they were GREAT! I had the Filet Mignon and I have to say that it was one of the BEST I have ever had. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. Marlena our server was right on top of things for us, but NOT intrusive!!!Special Features:
- Nice experienceLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Overall it was enjoyable. The food was good, service excellent, but too pricey for the food received. Four people $300 before tip: 2 hors de oevers, 4 main, 2 sides, 6 glasses of wine, 1 beer, 2 dessert, 2 coffee & 1 after dinner drink. For what we received I would have expected to pay $230 max before tip. Will not dine here again as the food does not command the price.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience.AliciaBDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing. Modern and clean. The waiter was excellent and made recommendations. My sister had the special and I had the chicken bruschetta. I am excited to go again.Special Features:
- Good food but needs workDGNYDined on 8/8/2014The food was quite good - nice appetizers and entrees - and this is why I recommend to a friend. BUT know that the drink prices (had Bombay Sapphire and soda) were different prices at the bar versus the table (less expensive at the table). Additionally someone forgot to let the restaurant know that Manhattan prices for drinks is inappropriate for Farmingdale. I likely will not go back - since the waitress never returned with the change when we paid in cash (she actually left the restaurant - gave herself a 30% tip)I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticScooterDined on 8/8/2014Went there with another couple. The food from appetizer to dessert was phenomenal!! Going back!Special Features:
- Simple ingredients done perfectlyMpny55Dined on 8/4/2014From start to finish, the meal was excellent. Not a single dish and any over powering favors. All of the dishes exemplified a simple approach to Italian cuisine, letting the quality ingredients and attention to taste nuances do the work. Our server, Lio, was courteous, intelligent with the food selection, and a pleasure to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PixieSingDined on 8/1/2014We had dinner at Trento for my mom's birthday. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the staff was pleasant, welcoming, and curteous. Even my ten-year-old loved it!
- Go for the food.....LizzyDined on 7/31/2014This was my second time at Trento and I was once again impressed with the menu and the amazing food that the chef creates in the kitchen. Unfortunately my table was the middle one on the top tier and both tables on either side were noisy. One party kept using the doors to go in and out to smoke which was very disturbing when trying to enjoy dinner. I had the same waitress twice and she was just terrible. From not lighting the liquid candles on the table to bringing three wine glasses full of lipstick to the table to not be able to handle her tables! Go for the food alone as the restaurant does not have a talented wait staff or any ambiance to offer.Special Features:
- A New Gem!foody92782Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I were going to celebrate our anniversary at a nice steakhouse when we decided last minuteti change to a closer restaurant. I have passed Trento many times and said I have to try this place. I read a few reviews and made the reservation, we were not disappointed! Great food, service, and environment... Our waiter was knowledgeable and a pleasure, our water and wine glasses were always full by anyone available. Its been awhile since my wife and I have had a night out since welcoming our first child a few months ago, Trento didn't disapoint ! I can't wait to go back, especially that, in my mind he value was a steal for the quality food and ambiance Trento provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome, Trento!LIfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Loved our first visit to Trento! Our waiter, Leo, was fabulous. The bartender, Jennifer,came over to introduce herself to us and was very accomodating. The menu offers so many choices that it was hard to make a decision. Everything ordered was just perfect: escargot, chicken parm, scallops, and a special homemade pasta with seafood dish. I especially like their curved booths that can hold at least 5 people, rather than sitting a long table that has been put together. We are so happy to have a new neighborhood restaurant of this calibre and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrentoRonbeckDined on 7/26/2014First time and a little disappointed. Food was good but not great and pricey.Special Features:
- an excellent meal!angeVIPDined on 7/24/2014pizzas are crispy and delicious, the kobe beef meatball is outstanding, the troffolini is a fabulous dish that melts in your mouth. Can't wait to return to TrentoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencesandieoDined on 7/12/2014Went there for our 21 anniversary. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgable an attentive. Food was excellent, hot (temperature ) and delicious. We were seated immediately.Special Features:
- Trento experienceLovesgoodeatsDined on 7/12/2014Great food. Interesting food preparation. Great friendly service. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Lose the salt shakerMikeBDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I were meaning to try out Trento since it opened but never seemed to get there. We finally did last Saturday. We went early, so the restaurant was fairly empty. The service was good and the wine list adequate. The problem was that both of the entrees that we ordered were heavily salted, almost to the point where they were in edible. My suggestion to the kitchen staff if that they taste the food before sending it out to the patrons.
- Finally, a nicer restaurantOmniPreacherDined on 7/3/2014As a parent it is really hard to get away from the chain or kiddie restaurant scene. Trento tries to be a more upscale place, creating a more relaxed and calmer atmosphere. The food was very good and priced higher than normal (but it's what I expected). The service was outstanding and the wine/cocktail list was quite good as well. I definitely want to go back and try some of the other dishes. So far, Trento may be my permanent nicer, special occasion hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was Amazing!KPLIVIPDined on 6/19/2014Can't say enough about the service! Our waitress was on the ball and made suggestions for meals. We loved everything she suggested which made our meal so much more enjoyable. Will Definitely return again!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodSnobDined on 6/18/2014Our server Bianca was wonderful, attentive and a real professional. Our salads were fresh with a delicious lemon vinaigrette dressing, just the right amount. The entrée was disappointing, pasta was stuck together, oily and overall way too salty with unappetizing shredded tuna. After all the hype I was not impressed with the food.
- Expectations Not MetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 6/14/2014I anticipated having dinner at Trento, only to be disappointed. The appetizer which was explained as being the recipe of the mother of the owner was very disappointing. It was very bland and was not stuffed as presented on the menus. The main dis of Scallops were only ok, also bland. The dishes were very large and could be reduced in size. Perhaps the price can also be lowered. In summary, very disappointing and overpriced, especially for the disappointing meal. Service however was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cannot missFRESAVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food preparation is top notch ingredients are the best and very fresh Evident the ownership takes pride in their restaurant this filters down to the service staff try it you will more than like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed the food and atmosphere and our waitress Bianca was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS a geat time!!!SicilianChefVIPDined on 5/31/2014What more can I say? Food and service is ALWAYS 5 star. Our server, Carmela is TOP NOTCH!!!Special Features:
- better the second timeDebbylVIPDined on 5/30/2014We tried this restaurant the week it opened and found it decent but too expensive. We gave it another try and the food was excellent, still overpriced but good portions. Its ridiculous that the menu is ala carte for the price but for a nice night out its worth it.Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the Trento Italian American Retro reviews archive.
- First time at TrentoLuvfinedinningDined on 5/17/2014Trentos decor and ambiance were both very nice. The seating and tables were comfortable and well spaced. The menu we felt was a bit on the small side and a bit pricey for some what basic Italian fare. I do think some kind of side should come with the entree. The portions were also on the small side.over all we had a pleasant dinning experience. The service started off well. But as usual as the place started to get busy ,the service went down hill. I don't know if I wil be running back any time soon. I think they are trying to come off as a fine dinning restaurant. In our eyes it leaning more to a basic Italian / continental .
- Great FoodshellsamVIPDined on 5/13/2014I see this restaurant and always wanted to try it. Glad I did. We had the meatball appetizer, Margerita pizza, chicken Franchese ( that was a little tough) and a great pasta dish with ricotta and pair. Also dessert was great. It was a nice cream covered in a encased in chocolate. Our server was very attentive. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerehornickVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a really enjoyable Mother's Day dinner -- food was really good, service was a bit sub-par relative to the prices but a real nice experience nonetheless.Special Features:
- A surprising findJustmeDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mom's Day! The parking lot was full. We expected crazy chaos to insue inside, didn't happen. It was delightful. Well lit, open friendly, nice. Our servers were attentive (but not obnoxiously so) The food was excellent. We were 5 and had 4 different dishes. I had a fresca salad, yum. My husband and son each decided on lamb chops, amazing, with perfect broccoli-rabe ! Mom and dad (90yrs) each finished their plates, of salmon and scallops respectively. Then we each grabbed a spoon and tasted the 3 scoop gelato! What a finish. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrentoOpusDined on 5/11/2014Second visit. Food and service was quite good. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRENTOKarenDined on 5/10/2014It was my first time, and it will definetely go there again!Special Features:
- Love it here butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Everything was great but menu is a little limited and expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.