1903 Ford Drive
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranttrentina.com/
- Phone: 2164212900x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Matt Danko
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Located within walking distance of The Cleveland Museum of Art, The Cleveland Orchestra's Severance Hall, The Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art, Western Reserve Historical Society, The Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
A word from Trentina
Chef Jonathon Sawyer's Restaurant Trentina explores the rich diversity of culture and joyful voice of cuisine in the regions of northeastern Italy. The restaurant is centered in Cleveland's University Circle neighborhood, alongside some of the greatest art and cultural institutions in the Midwest. The menu exemplifies the commonalities between the valleys of Trentino-Alto Adige and the Cuyahoga Valley, including a strong sense of gastronomic craftsmanship and agricultural heritage. Allow us to take you on a journey as we interpret tradition through an elegant and modern lens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trentina reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- pattygardenerpattygardenerVIPDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is truly a gem. We've eaten at acclaimed restaurants all over the world, and Trentina stacks up with the best of them. We had the 12 course tasting menu plus the paired wines and as we were the last time we ate her, we were astounded with the quality of all dishes as well as the wines which they were paired with. We love this place. The only downside when we were last there is that Chef Jonathan Sawyer, who brings a high level of energy and enthusiasm to the dining room, wasn't there: he was attending his son's soccer game.Special Features:
- Fabulous tasting menu2catDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the 12 course tasting menu with wine pairings. Wonderful attention to detail and every dish and wine was explained. It was quite an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningFoodhoDined on 9/10/2014Trentina is wonderful. The food is excellent and the service is exemplary. The setting is tasteful and intimate. The food sets a new standard for Cleveland chefs innovative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab LunchkakatyDined on 9/5/2014We went for the launch of lunch service and it was fantastic. A perfect spot for a mid-day date, a business lunch or a leisurely lunch with friends. Lunch at Trentina is decidedly more relaxed than their dinner service, yet it is still refined and elegant. The a la carte lunch menu showcases the creativity of the kitchen with local ingredients. They have an attentive yet not overbearing waitstaff who take seriously any dietary restrictions you may have, including requests for vegetarian and vegan menus. They also work with you so your experience is paced on your lunch timetable. Prices for lunch are reasonable given the qualitySpecial Features:
- Truly, truly extraordinary!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Cleveland has never had this culinary level of a restaurant .... I could have sworn I was in Chicago or San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephen QuaSteveVIPDined on 8/15/2014A wonderful experience but not as good as I had hoped. The chef is obviously VERY talented and committed to his farm/forage to table ethos but I learned why I had not eaten Milkweed pods (and the like) in the past. I expected every bite to be an explosion of flavor but got an explosion of dining strategy.Special Features:
- First Try of New RestaurantGeorgioDined on 8/15/2014Loved the prior restaurant on this site, Sergio's. Trentina is going for a different very high end foodie experience. They put on an elegant show of a 15 course small portion tasting feast. Exotic far flung ingredients creatively prepared and varied. Presentation and service was personal and earnest, formal and capable without pretense. Nice pairing of wines available. Pricey Pricey. But unique in our experience. Environment ultamodern mirror tables in an old building is a slight clash to the Etruscan culinary theme, and a bit too cold for my taste. A richer art environment on the walls could warm it up without clutter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/13/2014The concept, food & service were outstanding. The staff were extremely helpful & knowledgeable. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- FOOD IS AWESOME BUT A FEW KINKSmnfrrVIPDined on 8/12/2014We dined here in August 2014 and had the 13 course tasting menu with wine pairings (don't think the wine pairings were worth the cost). Food was unusual and sumptuous. Even foods that are not generally our favorites (oysters, for example) were so delicious and prepared with such beautiful flavors that we both loved everything we ate. Service is friendly and efficient. The restaurant decor, however, is in a word, sparse. It's a white box. The person facing the back of the room is looking at a non-lighted blank wall. Acoustics are also problematic. It is very loud and difficult to have a quiet conversation. It is pricey, and the restaurant needs to decide whether it wants to enforce its dress code. We complied--but others did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an amazing culinary experienceohiorosieDined on 8/5/2014Every course is really amazing; the entire evening is an experience. Tried menu Bianco with the wine pairings. Everything was superb, high quality; so many surprises or unexpected ingredients we really enjoyed trying everything. The information shared about each item, ingredient, wine, is what makes the whole meal an experience. It is paced very nicely. I loved the wine and food pairings, but for me, the ratio of food to wine was too low; of course it is a tasting menu (very small portions), but I could have used a little more starch (bread or pasta or potato) in a few courses to balance out the volume of all of the wonderful wine selections. Share your plates with the table- every plate is different yet compliments each other so well.Special Features:
- Super ExperienceTJN1Dined on 8/2/2014Really great overall experience (not just dinner). I had high expectations after reading about Trentina and the food and service actually exceeded my expectations. Service was spectacular with great pacing to the meal as well as just the right amount of explanation of each dish. A little less, i wouldn't have gotten enough out of it; too much would have been pretentious and time-wasting. Quality and variety of the tasting was impressive. Dined with my wife and many times throughout the 12-course tasting we got different items -- super variety. Recently dined at Chez Pannisse (Berkley) and River Cafe (London) and Trentina really blew them both out of the water. Highly suggest you get the drink paring -- reasonably priced and exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Cleveland has been lacking!xlucentVIPDined on 8/2/2014Chef Jonathan Sawyer's new "all tasting menu" restaurant, Trentina, is a winner and brilliantly fills a gap in the burgeoning Cleveland restaurant scene. The service is outstanding, the staff is knowledgeable and enthusiastic, the ambience is understated with nothing extraneous to distract from the food, and the food...the food is a delight! Playfully creative, Chefs Sawyer and Danko bring together unexpected flavors in perfectly balanced dishes that excite rather than overwhelm. By the end of our first dinner here, we had already made reservations for a return. Dinner at Trentina is an experience well worth the expense!Special Features:
- WONDERFULmkgarberVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been hearing about Trentina for almost a year and have been so excited for it's opening. We went this past weekend and it was fantastic! We did the Menu Bianco and even were given an extra course by Chef Sawyer. Lovely restaurant, doesn't disappoint. The food is amazing and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- A true culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014First visit to Trentina met every expectation we had, and more. 11 Course tasting menu was a perfect way to spend the evening, the beverage pairings (and manager Nate) were truly spot-on, and the service was outstanding. Don't visit if you're looking for a quick meal or large plates - the small, northern Italy inspired cuisine is best enjoyed slowly and with great understanding of each individual component. The staff was patient, accommodating, and as passionate about the cuisine as you could hope. The dining room is classically renovated, romantic and intimate. Many tables are in the flow of diners arriving or the wait staff delivering so try to secure a corner table if you're apt to more personal space. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/18/2014What a great night of food- the Menu Bianco is a culinary adventure that should not be missed. Because my wife and I received different dishes each course, the 12 course menu expanded to 24 but don't worry, the portion sizes were spot on so that by the end of the night you are comfortable and will be in foodie bliss. Highlight courses for us were the Pasta alla Chitarra and the Guinea fowl. The dessert courses hit the right balance between sweet and savory. The evening was reminiscent of dinner at Charlie Trotter's. Trentina is the next star of the Cleveland dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014You should have a check list for "bathroom facilities." The ones at Trentina are heavenly!Special Features:
- Amazing!Detabor1Dined on 7/15/2014The Trentina tasting experience is unique to Cleveland. I would recommend the optional wine pairing hosted by the very knowledgeable wine steward. At this point, all you have to do is let your evening of meticulously prepared food unfold in front of you. It is not inexpensive, but this is a food art experience, not just a meal. You will be pampered, educated and well fed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best New Resteraunt in CLEHungrySnowmanDined on 7/12/2014Trentina a is the most exclusive dining experience in Cleveland. The Chef Sawyer's tasting menu is a delicious tasting of foods from Italy, the wine pairing is as must to truly take your taste buds on the direction the food will take your palate. Sawyer has out done himself again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Trentina reviews archive.