Tremont Restaurant NYC
51 Bank Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tremont Restaurant NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tremontnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124881019
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: West 4th Street
- Public Transit: NYC Transit
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: NYC Transit
Stop at 14th Street, walk south on 8th Avenue and make a left on Jane Street. Take a right on west 4th street and walk two blocks to Bank Street.
Stop at 14th street, walk south on 7th Avenue and make a right on west 12th street. Walk 2 blocks to west 4th street. Take a left and walk one block to Bank Street.
A word from Tremont Restaurant NYC
Located in the heart of the West Village, Tremont reflects the warm, friendly, neighborhood corner on which it is located. Recognized as one of the Best New Restaurants in 2012 by the James Beard Foundation, Tremont is dedicated to consistently delivering flavored, seasonal American cuisine, paired with a thoughtful wine list and classic cocktails. Our guests can rely on a relaxed, comfortable dining experience from a staff dedicated to providing the highest standards of service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tremont Restaurant NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fantastic first date spotApocVIPDined on 3/25/2014Came here for the first time for a first date, and I couldn't be happier. It's a relatively small venue (13 tables), dimly lit, and cozy. Menu is simple yet food is delicious. Between the good food and ambiance, I'm very pleased with how Tremont turned out as a date spot. Will consider coming back! Only downside is that it's a bit pricey, but hey, this is Manhattan, right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Really nice ambience and service. A bit pricey but food was great as well so definitely worth it! Light fresh flavors, perfectly cooked duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect atmosphere, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Perfect atmosphere, delicious food, great service - we are so glad we tried Tremont, and would definitely recommend it. We arrived about 10 minutes for our reservation. but the table was ready so we were sat straight away, which was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Village Gem!westvillagedinerDined on 3/1/2014Excellent fare, excellent service, romantic, cozy, neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Village QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Tremont was a very romantic place for an intimate dinner with my boyfriend. Food and service.(JJ) was excellent. I personally loved the architecture of the building. Has a London vibe. The dessert had homemade peanut brittle on top of it....amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyablemonojoDined on 1/30/2014I found this restaurant after looking through some reviews in the NYTimes. My husband and I planned to go out to celebrate our birthdays, but only a day before the date, so I was looking for something off the "hot" radar. Tremont had gotten a nice write-up a while back, and the food completely surpassed my expectations. Everything was tasty and fresh. Service was friendly and relaxed. Atmosphere was warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- The food and staff at TremontAndreaVIPDined on 1/29/2014The food and staff at Tremont are always wonderful. My favorite w village spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent .. GreatMCfoodieDined on 1/28/2014Food was excellent .. Great cod dish! Love the cozy neighborhood ambiance. Friendly staff. Good wine selection. Lots of positive energy but not noisy .Great location. My favorite choice in the west village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningLeighDined on 1/16/2014We stumbled across Tremont when walking through Greenwich Village and decided to book for dinner the following evening. A small restaurant with only about 25-30 covers, the food was outstanding and the whole feel of the restaurant was relaxed. It was nice to eat somewhere away from the busy city and have that neighbourhood feel. The service was quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octopus a la planchaShaShaVIPDined on 1/11/2014i went to dinner with my friend, Sam. We were seated in the corner -- which was cozy, intimate and made conversation very comfortable. The service was wonderfully attentive and lighthearted and the food was very good. My favorite dish was the Octopus a la Plancha -- it was small but filling, seasoned just right and skillfully cooked (with a slight crisp on the outside and moist but not too chewy on the inside). Sam was quite pleased with the House Bordeaux, though a little less pleased with the gnocchi he ordered - not as flavorful as he would have liked. I ordered a mixed cocktail and requested a slight alteration which they accommodated to perfection. We were both pleased with dinner -- mine was the better dish but we would both return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice neighborhood spotAtematicVIPDined on 1/10/2014Nice corner space with big windows looking onto a charming Village intersection. Vibe was old-school London meets cool little West Village restaurant. Service was warm and generally efficient, and food was solid: tasty well-executed New American comfort food with some British twists, like iceberg wedge salad w lardons, cherry tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing, mac & cheese, roast half-chicken, pepper-crusted steak, and sticky toffee pudding. Seems like it would be a great neighborhood spot, if not quite worthy of a destination experience.Special Features:
- YumAvideater86Dined on 12/26/2013Good food, good atmosphere; just enough elegance to merit revisit and remark. Delectable and satisfying courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As my client and I continueSloaneSquareManagementDined on 12/16/2013As my client and I continue to try and outdo one another in picking a restaurant to discuss our business, I certainly won with Tremont. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Gem in West VillageNickygVIPDined on 12/13/2013what a lovely place-will definitely go back, great service, excellent food, light , delicious menu, well priced,modern decor but comfortable,welcoming.On a corner so airy and light filled with nice street views perfect place for a quiet lunch with friends i would love to try it in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the wineKmo1854Dined on 11/30/2013We ordered a 2007 bottle of wine off the small wine list and when it came it was a 2011. They told us they didn't have a 2007 but there was no price break for the 2011. After we finished the wine we ordered a different bottle. They didn't even bring that bottle to the table because the year on that was wrong as well. They told us it was a "computer glitch". They brought us some great free desserts but I still feel like they are trying to pull a fast one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, small, intimatePaulieDined on 11/24/2013Perfect, neighborhood place in the West Village. Beautiful space. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left after one glass of winealansafe5Dined on 11/6/2013I left after one glass of wine because the noise level was so high. They need to put down some carpeting or something...perhaps have a noise engineer come in and help them make some changes. In addition to the deafening level of noise, they STILL KEPT THE MUSIC GOING IN THE BACKGROUND. Ridiculous. It's too bad because the food is OUTSTANDING.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great server.AlowderDined on 10/22/2013Great food. Great server. Just a little overpriced for what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday TreatbirthdaygirlDined on 10/3/2013My husband and daughter took me to Tremont for its charming location in the West Village. What was unexpected was the high quality of the service and the very interesting menu. It was utterly delicious. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise nabe restogourmandeDined on 9/30/2013Charming ambience, good imaginative food, good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly seasoned heavy foodeskimoDined on 9/20/2013Food and service was average for the price you pay. Overaly seasoned and salted food in general. My sea scallops had a strange tomato chilli sauce around it which hindered the sweetness of the scallops. The vegetables that lay beneath were greasy and flavourless so again for a delicate seafood dish did not work. My husband ordered the duck which was very heavy and fatty. It was balanced off though with a pleasant sweet jam which was nice. But overall an average experience.
- Good, but not fab.ElleCVIPDined on 9/15/2013Nice, white, airy, Hamptons-ish atmosphere. Food decent, but not spectacular. Service by some is attentive/good and by others, seemed inexperienced.
- Very GoodGerardDined on 9/13/2013A very nice restaurant. Very good food and service but portion sizes are small for the amount paid for the diner.Special Features:
- Love the redo!PaulieDined on 9/1/2013Excellent experience all around - food, service, ambience...not too loud. Wonderful evening there recently.Special Features:
- What a surpriseAnneGDined on 8/31/2013Had walked by Tremont several times but hadn't read reviews so essentially went into the dining experience relatively blind. It was an absolute treat. I sampled the beet salad, the kale salad, the crab cakes, the scallops and the chicken and nothing was amiss (we were a group of 4). It was a lovely experience and quiet enough to have a conversation with our dining mates but energetic enough to make it feel like a great weekend dinner. I will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaruant in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2013Billy and his Team at Tremont have made every dining experience exceptional and memorable. Huge thanks! HigginsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/20/2013Very good, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Good space. Sat at table in a private corner. Limited but interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2013The quintessential West Village bistro, small, intimate, warm, and oozing with charm. A place where you will win major points with your date if you take them there. The servers are geniunely kind and attentive, they are what makes this place special. The menu is simple and refreshingly straightforward and the wine list is measured not over the top. I would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spotLeconVIPDined on 8/13/2013Great date spot for a quiet weeknight, any day of the year. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- A Gem!JR18VIPDined on 8/3/2013Everything was delicious....service was impeccable! Will definitely recommend to others...will return.Special Features:
- Great night at the TremontfirstreviewDined on 7/27/2013Tremendous dining experience at the Tremont in Greenwich Village this past Saturday night (9/27). A perfect blend of quaint, hip, casual yet elegant on a great neighborhood block corner if that is possible all in one place. I had the the steak cooked perfectly medium rare with amazingly fresh tomatoes and corn. My wife had the gnocchi with lobster and aspargus. She also had a beet salad and for the first time in a life of not liking beets, I liked beets. We loved it all. Great wine list, attentive friendly staff. When it came time for a night cap after dinner and all of NYC as a possibilty we couldn't leave and just moved to their snug bar and hung out a little longer. We will be back.Special Features:
- TremontBarbaraVIPDined on 7/24/2013Excellent roasted beet salad - set on ricotta with pistachio and a mint vinaigrette -- outstanding. And a roast chicken that was crunchy and salty on the outside and moist within. The tables are small and crunched a la NY style but Tremont is a great spot for dinner in a great section of the West Village. My 2d time there and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seasonal menusandroVIPDined on 7/16/2013good spot to go back to every once in a while as they change up their menu. small place so they sometimes run out of your desired dish, especially if it's a popular one. no worries, they have plenty of good backups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best chicken I have everalansafe5Dined on 7/3/2013The best chicken I have ever tasted. Their recipes are out-of-this-world good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Friendly StaffTory28Dined on 5/14/2013My boyfriend and I chose Tremont for a celebratory dinner and it did not disappoint. I love that this small W. Village restaurant, unlike most, takes reservations. Additionally, we got the most private table in the back and it was a very nice ambiance. We started with the octopus. His scallops with grapefruit were fantastic, and my pork shoulder was cooked perfectly although a little boring. The wine selection wasn't incredibly long, but it was well thought out, and we had an excellent wine upon the server's recommendation. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemFeasterVIPDined on 5/12/2013Delicious and cosy (but not crowded). The staff is friendly and informed and the food is fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers. Some entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Great appetizers. Some entrees were just ok while others were very good. Good neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- My wife and I went to Tremontmowen09VIPDined on 4/19/2013My wife and I went to Tremont to celebrate - what a great choice! We started with parsnip and carrot carpaccio, lobster gnocchi and scallops for our mains, and chocolate brownie and financier for dessert. All was absolutely delicious and memorable. Service was friendly and prompt. Will definetly be back, and sure to recommend!Special Features:
- Service was very strange andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2013Service was very strange and our Waiter behaved rather unusually. The food quality and price did not align with the open table rating. They also tried to clear the table before all guests had finished eating. The setting was pleasant but I expected a lot more. I would not go back there again in that area - there are much better options.
- The star is the food. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013The star is the food. Had the braised octopus, truffled polenta croutons, sea scallops, pork shoulder, lemon pie and sticky toffee pudding. Flavors of all our dishes were excellent. The quality and taste gave us no complaints. The food really tastes like it was made with love. Only drawbacks are that the tiny size of the restaurant means people knocking in to you while you eat (servers and customers trying to pass). Also the kitchen is semi-open to the dining room and you will smell of the grill/fryer when you leave. Service was very nice. All-around enjoyable experience.Special Features: