647 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tremont647.com/
- Phone: 6172664600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 10:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andy Husbands
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tremont 647 offers everything from fun and funky Cocktail Parties, to Backyard BBQ's to large and lavish Wedding Receptions. We will work with most any budget and concept to create an event to remember and Chef Andy Husbands will work directly with you to design your perfect menu.
We specialize in Corporate Luncheons, Wedding Receptions, BBQ Events, Cocktail Parties and Formal Gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Cozy and elegant Private Dining Room seats 8-12 guests. We offer prix fixe menus, chef's tasting menus, or our Tremont 647 Dinner Menu.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Goldberg, General Manager 6172664600x13
- Special Events: Do you have a special event coming up....take the whole space for a night!
We cater to every person/event....birthdays, reunions, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and we've even had a few weddings here!
- Cross Street: West Brookline
- Public Transit: Orange Line T to Back Bay Station
Follow Dartmouth Street to Tremont Street (heading away from Copley Sq.)
Take a Right onto Tremont Street.
Two blocks up on your right at # 647
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $14 per car.
Metered Parking on Tremont Street (meters run until 8:00pm)
Visitor Parking at the beginning and end of side streets. 2 hour limit ends at 6:00pm.
A word from Tremont 647
A neighborhood restaurant cafe and bar featuring chef/owner Andy Husbands adventurous American cuisine. Tremont 647 strives to provide the highest quality food and hospitality in a professional fun and funky environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tremont 647 reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)romantic (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Less than ThrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The food was good; the wine selection fit my tastes; the server was polite, knowledgeable, and speedy; but the noise was awful. After getting a reservation at Tremont 647, we were seated in the adjoining restaurant, Sister Sorel instead. The bar was so noisy, I could barely hear my dining partner. The ambiance in Sister Sorel was a dingy bar--not a nice restaurant to enjoy a meal. Needless to say, I would never go here again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Went there with a friend for restaurant week and the food did not disappoint. We sat outside and had a lovely evening. We also realized it was Taco Tuesday in addition to it being restaurant week. Very glad I made a reservation in advance. Everything was delicious but I think next time I will order wine instead of beer. Something to compliment the food better and also something a bit more refreshing. The waiter was great. Came over at the right times and was very polite. Timing for the meals could have been better and I say that because while doing the outdoor seating it can become crowded with the plates being brought out while another waiter is taking the order of the table next to us. Can't wait to try their brunch and Taco Tuesday!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I stopped by this establishment for restaurant week for lunch to partake in the lobster Mac and cheese which was delicious. Portions were on thr smaller side, but the three course lunch all together filled me up. Dishes were beautifully crafted. My friend got the beef dumplings and thought they were delicious. I enjoyed the heirloom tomato salad which was beautiful looking and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Restaurant Week LunchlunchingladiesDined on 8/22/2014I have been here before for RW. And it was wonderful. This visit was disappointing by comparison because the menu was less interesting than before. Mostly sandwiches, no real mains. Sandwiches were wonderful for what they were, just not as spectacular as the main courses. Still a wonderful value and very nice to be able to have lunch which is not offered outside of RW.
- A wonderful restaurant week menu!LisaDined on 8/20/2014Thank you for offering such a fantastic variety of delicious foods for restaurant week! I know that some restaurants do not like restaurant week, and many don't offer a very good menu - your offerings were superior! My three friends and I all got different things, and everyone LOVED what they ate. Our server, Natalia, was also the Bees Knees :). thank you!Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicebosfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014My friends recently went during lunch and although we have all gone with independently of each other, we all agreed that service was NOT up to our expectations. Server took a while to with all our meals (people seated after us and ordering similat dishes were receicing theirs before we did) and she even forgot one of our desserts! When we asked for the check, she completely ignored us and walked away. When we asked for it the second time, she gave us the biggest attitude. All in all, the food was great, just wished service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great place - consistently fabulous. Love the ambiance and the staff are just terrific. Andy Husbands' menus are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be better non-restaurant week?FoodFoodEverywhereDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant was solid, but not great. My cocktail, the Corpse Reviver, was delicious. A great way to start the meal! The Tuna Tostada starter was just not very good...there was a ton of iceberg lettuce, and I just loathe iceberg lettuce. THe other ingredients also just didn't seem to be very coherent. My entree was amazing, which was the red-wine braised short rib. Tender, juicy and the accompanying sweet corn polenta was also delish. The blackberry cobbler was also not great, the vanilla ice cream that topped it was the star and the cobbler was just kind of dry and well, womp. THe portions were also on the smaller side, but think that maybe that was because we ordered off the 3-course menu. So it was perfect for 3-courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremont 647iranmanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Food is absolutely delicious, everything my girlfriend and I had was incredible. I had the dumplings to start, Reuben for entrée and the banana cream pie for dessert. If you happen to like bananas I would recommend trying the banana cream pie, it's very good. Music was a little odd but I enjoyed it :) I would definitely recommend going here for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good taste, but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014I came here for restaurant week lunch (3 courses). I got the steak tips - there were 5 very small pieces of meat (about 1.5 inches in diameter and thin). The tuna appetizer was also a very small portion. Luckily, the pie filled me up (banana cream pie, which was good and the chocolate piece that accompanied it was excellent). The outdoor seating is nice. I will probably return for Taco Tuesdays.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great destination spot. Outside seating was great, food wonderful and staff friendly. Will go back.Special Features:
- favorite outdoor spotlschultz83VIPDined on 7/25/2014a change in menu since last year. really enjoyed the smaller portions, but they added up (in price) quickly and we left feeling still a bit hungry but at a hefty pricetag. everything tasted really wonderful, but the sangria fell flat. It tasted like a vodka soda with cran. So sad. we will likely return for the ambiance and good service, and I would go with one of their wines instead of a mixed drink.Special Features:
- Cozy and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Great spot to sit outside and the bar next door is great for a casual place to have drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,gnee99Dined on 7/16/2014There were three of us and we enjoyed a bunch of small plates. The food was fresh and delish. We had a fish taco, steak tips, salad. Was disappointed that there are no vegetarian friendly selections. The service was very efficient, friendly, accommodating. We will go back. It is small and the air conditioning wasn't working well that night, so that was a bummer, but am sure not an every night situation.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulBostonstrongVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a boston staple. Andy is a wonderful creative chef. The food is always great.Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperienceReenerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were excited to visit here based on the on-line menu. Sadly their menu has changed quite a bit and has fewer selections. Although they did accommodate our request for their fried chicken from the previous menu, there was an "incident" in the kitchen. We did not mind the delay, but feel the quality suffered after. If I lived there I would give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceRBNYCVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went into Tremont 647 after a few recommendations but some warnings about the small size and "good" food. Given we were going before theatre, we did not expect the "great expectations" - boy were we wrong. First, the service was amazing! Not only were all the staff on top of everything, but not standing over you, they were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food was great and exceeded our expectations. Dessert was unexpected and our favorite - banana cream pie - heaven! We will be returning very soon. No hesitancy whatsoever!Special Features:
- ChuckVIPDined on 6/8/2014Excellent service and atmosphere, great burger with fried egg and bacon.Special Features:
- Under whelmingMurph422VIPDined on 5/24/2014Aweful experience, server was adequate, food tasted like a Sperry loafer.
- hinghamVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was good and service was fin except for the waitress continually asking , "Are WE ready to order". or "How did we enjoy our food"? I didn't recall her eating with us. Found that rather annoying. Portions were very small.
- Love this place!Madeleine249Dined on 5/9/2014Best Grass Fed Burger with option to get fried egg on top. Small plates meant for sharing or traditional entrees make this spot perfect for any occationSpecial Features:
- Yummy small platesTeachVIPDined on 5/8/2014We haven't been to Tremont 647 in a while and wanted to try the small plates menu. We loved the zucchini salad which was a special - it had just the right mix of fresh flavors. The other plates we tried were good, especially the dumplings, but the pork ragu and the lobster roll were a bit spicier than we'd like. I think the concept of the lobster wrapped in a scallion pancake was great, but the spiciness overwhelmed those flavors. We loved the signature banana cream pie - I can't believe we haven't had it before. We will have it again!Special Features:
- Great food in small packagesCarolisoDined on 5/3/2014We were looking for a South End dining experience and after looking at web sites and yelp, settled on Tremont 647. The restaurant was smaller than I expected, and on the noisy side when we arrived, but when it thinned out a iittle noise was no longer the problem. We have to wait about 15 minutes for our table, and I don't know what they do when the weather is bad; it was a nice night out so we waited outside and people-watched. Once seated, we were attended to our waiter fairly quickly, informed of the specials, and ordered. Two of us shared 5 small plates. The third picked her own 2 small plates. Notable were Lobster Mac 'n Cheese, Beef Dumplings, Scallops, and the pan fried cornbread that was specially made for the table.Special Features:
- The following 848 reviews are from the Tremont 647 reviews archive.
- Not my styletraveling2uDined on 4/26/2014I did not enjoy my small plates. Taste was off except for the tater tots. Those were good. Carrot cake was disappointing. The large plate made me very ill later that night.Special Features:
- ListenDVineDined on 4/25/2014Your food is great. And yes, your brunch is also a fun spot. But honestly, your waiters are running around at dinner completely in the weeds. I don't know if they need less tables or more training, but it's quite the scene. Our waiter was so busy he forgot our drinks (which melted sitting at the bar for 10 mins until the manager brought them)- I was given the skirt steak and left fork and knife-less for almost 5 mins. Brunch is fun but the dinner crew is a complete mess. I will honestly say I would never recommend this place because of the service alone. Recommendation would be to hire wait staff that have experience and maybe pay them more. I am POSITIVE you will get people to be frequenters (is that a word?). Much Love- xoxo -gossip girlSpecial Features:
- Everything we hoped it would beJamesDined on 4/20/2014We saw this restaurant on the phantom gourmet and made a mental note to give it a try. The food was awesome! We highly recommend the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Our 3 year old even cleared her plate which says a lot since she's incredibly picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip- not the hypeMalloryVIPDined on 4/20/2014We came here for Easter and knew it would would be super crazy and packed, which it was, but we were seated immediately. The only downside was the awkward table we were given right next to the kitchen and where all the guests and waitstaff were walking- we felt very in the way, and it was super distracting. the food and drinks were good and our server went above and beyond to talk to us and make sure we were all set even though they were slammed. If nothing else, go for the poutine and some drinks. Not a bad find, but I'm not sure I get the hype...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food tasted quite goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014The food tasted quite good but the portions were so small it was ridiculous. The sharing portions were not big enough to share. Two small tater tots??? Or tiny chicken wings for $9 that were delicious but barely enough for one. The staff should not explain that these are meant to share.
- Disappointingdbal1Dined on 4/6/2014I had heard good things about 647, so was excited to finally try it. It was very disappointing. I always think that if you've got the guts to put fried chicken on the menu, it's going to be terrific. In this case, not so much. It was more like two overfried thighs from the night before and then reheated with some gravy poured over. The bacon collards were a nice side addition, but you don't want that to be the highlight of the plate. My companions had no complaints (but no raves either) about the lobster mac&cheese, burger or scallops.
- Every dish was divinethepassionatereaderVIPDined on 4/4/2014My daughter and I had a fabulous dinner here, the server was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While I enjoyed my meal atPamBDined on 3/29/2014While I enjoyed my meal at Tremont 647 and our waitress was great, I was disconcerted to be told upon arrival that I could not be seated until my companion arrived - even though I had a reservation, only one table in the whole restaurant was occupied and I was dripping from the rain. Being made to wait, for no apparent reason, put a damper (pun intended) on the evening.
- Dineout Boston Spring 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014This restaurant was great on many levels. For Dineout Boston, theirmune had the most options of any restaurant I've been to. I almost always go out with my toddler and the wait staff were so nice, friendly and accommodating to us. The didn't have a children's menu but did have great sides to choose form to make a meal for my 3yo. We met the chef/owner after dinner and expressed a philosophy of being accommodating to patrons as if they were guests at his house- I wish he would invite me over! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemmaryhDined on 3/21/2014This place was amazing. We had a group of four and we all got different things, and nothing was less than amazing. Burrata, Cajun fries, quinoa fritters, salmon, short rib, chocolate mousse cake, cheesecake, everything was amazing. Also, everyone was SUPER friendly. Someone described it as "aggressively friendly" and that's totally true. As we came in, EVERYONE said hello including everyone in the kitchen (it's an open layout) and all said goodbye as we left. We also had anywhere from 2-5 servers at any time. I'd totally go back. Every day.Special Features:
- I was unfortunately disappointedNicole12Dined on 3/20/2014I was unfortunately disappointed in my experience. Having had many good deals during dine out boston, I felt that my meal at tremont 647 was not worth the price tag. I also did not understand why there were extra charges on the butter cake and dumplings except that they were popular dishes. Servers were nice but food came out very slowly and I wasn't impressed by the caliber or presentation of the dishes for the amount paid.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Night SpottherealOGDined on 3/19/2014Like many South End restaurants, 647 Tremont is a cozy spot for a small group with excellent food. My gf and I went for Restaurant Week. Lobster Mac n' Cheers and Salmon lettuce wraps for an app were awesome. Ribs and cornbread dinner rocked. But, dessert was by far the best. Cheesecake!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Dine Out Boston WinnerPaulWDined on 3/19/2014Another home run scored by Andy H. and the crew at 647 Tremont. This is a fabulous restaurant that NEVER fails to provide the highest quality of dining experience value. The formerly-known-as Boston Restaurant Week menu at 647 Tremont was awesome. The selection was outstanding and the quality exceeded their consistently high standards. Our party had many of the choices and no one was disappointed. Well done Chef Andy, you continue to set the bar high and never disappoint. We'd come here all the time but really prefer to save this gem as our place of choice to celebrate special occasions. For the tastiest and imaginative food and superb dining experience, come to 647.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate here with my boyfriendMandakay1283Dined on 3/16/2014I ate here with my boyfriend and parents and we had a really great dinner! We didn't know it was restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised! You have one of the most extensive Restaurant Week menus I've seen! My mother's ribs were supposed to be without sauce and they came with. The staff fired a new dinner right away and even gave her a free second appetizer while she waited. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Very hot, since you're right by the grill and fire - but the chef made us a small plate for free, after asking if one of us was a vegetarian or not. Service was fine, food was good - lobster slider ($8) was good -fresh lobster but drenched in a lemon vinaigrette that soaked through the very soft sweet potato bun. Would not deter me from returning and trying other things.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting varietyJillyDined on 3/7/2014I like the small servicing. It's like a tapas menu. You can try many different dishes and not be too full. the variety is very good as well as the many different tastes. You have to try the fried brussel sprouts. If you don't like brussel sprouts now, you'll like these.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCaileanDined on 2/28/2014The title says it all. This place never, ever disappoints in the 3-4 times we've been here either as a Plan A or a Plan B. The wait staff has been the most attentive I've seen in years and the best part is their food isn't oppressively large yet you will always get your bang for your buck, especially the skillet cornbread, the fried chicken, and anything with kimchi. Kudos to their Korean interest too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.