647 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tremont647.com/
- Phone: (617) 266-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 10:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Andy Husbands
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tremont 647 offers everything from fun and funky Cocktail Parties, to Backyard BBQ's to large and lavish Wedding Receptions. We will work with most any budget and concept to create an event to remember and Chef Andy Husbands will work directly with you to design your perfect menu.
We specialize in Corporate Luncheons, Wedding Receptions, BBQ Events, Cocktail Parties and Formal Gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Cozy and elegant Private Dining Room seats 8-12 guests. We offer prix fixe menus, chef's tasting menus, or our Tremont 647 Dinner Menu.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Goldberg, General Manager 6172664600x
- Special Events: Do you have a special event coming up....take the whole space for a night!
We cater to every person/event....birthdays, reunions, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and we've even had a few weddings here!
- Cross Street: West Brookline
- Public Transit: Orange Line T to Back Bay Station
Follow Dartmouth Street to Tremont Street (heading away from Copley Sq.)
Take a Right onto Tremont Street.
Two blocks up on your right at # 647
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $14 per car, and is available Thurs, Fri, and Sat.
Metered Parking on Tremont Street (meters run until 8:00pm)
Visitor Parking at the beginning and end of side streets. 2 hour limit ends at 8:00pm.
A word from Tremont 647
A neighborhood restaurant cafe and bar featuring chef/owner Andy Husbands adventurous American cuisine. Tremont 647 strives to provide the highest quality food and hospitality in a professional fun and funky environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tremont 647 reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (16)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (10)romantic (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Somewhat Disappointed, but will try again...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We arrived early and could not be seated so grabbed a spot at the bar, no big deal except for the fact that the bartender covering our side of the bar was not on her game at all. She was putting our drinks on another party's tab and vice-versa...not to mention she wasn't paying attention and when our table was ready for us it took forever to grab her attention to settle our bill. The bar isn't that big so not sure what the issue was. The space is small so we were practically sitting in the laps of our neighbors, it was VERY loud. So if you're looking for a place to have conversation...this might not be the right choice. The starters we ordered were great (fried brussel sprouts, Nantucket Bay scallops and ravoli). Two of us ordered the striped bass which was fantastic, not heavy and great flavoring. Two of us ordered the steak and it just wasn't good...hardly any flavor and overcooked based on the temp requested. Our server seemed nice, but kept messing up drinks or not understanding the twist of lemon with espresso. We had food in front of us with no utensils and we felt a bit rushed....which I'm not sure why because there were empty tables available. Brunch here is always amazing, especially on the patio in the warmer months. My first time having dinner here was AMAZING which is why I came back. I will give it another shot but was disappointed in the service and hope my next visit is a much better experience.Special Features:
- My favorite spot for a Big Night Out!BigFanDined on 11/14/2014I absolutely love this place. The food is amazing, and creative, and delicious, and you never leave this place hungry. The staff and crowd are fun and engaging. The service is attentive friendly and professional. The cocktails are top notch. I took a friend who is interested in becoming a chef, and mentioned that to the chef/owner, Andy Husbands. We were eating at the bar and Andy came over to us and chatted with my friend about his food interests and plans. He really took an interest in us, and even sent us a small amuse bouche. It was really an amazing night. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGilroyVIPDined on 10/26/2014We were a party of three and each one of us really enjoyed the food - paricularly the steak tips and grits (small but delicious) and the bolanese. Good salads too.Special Features:
- Yoda1Dined on 10/25/2014Fun, vibrant place with excellent food. The noise level makes conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Not sure it's worth it.CharleneVIPDined on 9/28/2014I understand that there are small plates on the menu, but they are very small plates. The steak tips were extremely small and at the cost of $15 completely not worth it. Not sure we'll be going back.
- Fun tapasVittoria8Dined on 9/25/2014My daughter and I were visiting Boston for a few college tours and to celebrate her birthday. We chose 647 Tremont because of the location and menu and we were not sorry. The small plates were fun and tasty. We loved their mac-n-cheese and the crab rangoons which were the special of the day. We loved the atmosphere and the server we had was very pleasant, attentive and csutomer-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!WendyDined on 9/18/2014I took a gamble setting up dinner for three business associates and I was very pleased with Tremont 647. My tuna was seared perfectly and the the entire dish was amazing. Our server Leanna was adorable, attentive and fun. Thank you all for making my stay in Boston memorable!Special Features:
- Great food and servicellee82Dined on 8/31/2014Had a really delicious dinner here. It's nice to have small plates and be able to try a number of different things. Our server was excellent but very casual. The ambiance is laid back (pub like) and the decor leaves something to be desired. Not a "fine dining" or "romantic evening" restaurant in my opinion, but if you're interested in great food in relaxed setting, I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Terrible food and serviceLive2DineDined on 8/28/2014I live in the south end and have been to most of the restaurants in the area. My friend and I wanted to try Tremont 647 since we have never been. The food was terrible. The salad was not fresh. The entree was too salty. Very disappointing for the price. Service was subpar. The waitress never striked a smile and never ever filled my water again after we sat down. After she brought the check, she came around with the water pitcher but pretended she didn't see us. She only filled for newcomers.
- Restaurant Week DisappointmentPhyllisDined on 8/28/2014Arrived 6 p.m., one entree wasn't available so instead of ribs I had the brisket. The meat was hard, covered in barbeque sauce and was difficult to cut even with a knife. Maybe the amount of sauce was to disguise the toughness of the meat? I had one of my friends taste it and she told me it was probably the end of the brisket but agreed it was very dry and hard. They were also out of the chicken wings appetizer. I don't understand how during two weeks of Restaurant Week, where you are only offering 3-5 entrees, you run out of your specials. The mussels and corn fritters were very good, someone had the fried chicken and beef short rib and they enjoyed them. I unfortunately seemed to be the only one who had a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- always an A++++++ ExperienceTT1969Dined on 8/28/2014What more can I say Andy Husband's devine food creation are phenomenon. I had a friend visiting from Chicago and he fell in love w/Tremont 647! Huge shout out to bartender CJ who is simply the best! She works Tuesdays and Thursdays and if you like a real expert bartender with a wonderful personality, superb mixology skills as well as entertainment I strongly recommend to belly-up to the bar and have your dinning experience with CJ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week find!bostonsavoritistDined on 8/27/2014We recently checked this place out for Restaurant Week, and I would definitely recommend it for casual dinner and drinks. The Korean Beef Dumpling appetizer was amazing, albeit a fairly small portion. The City Growers Salad was not quite as flavorful as I had hoped, but was still tasty. They aren't kidding when they say that Andy's 1st Place Ribs have "the best rib glaze ever" though. I love to eat ribs off the bone, so I was a bit disappointed that they were only serving the dish as a brisket that night, but the meat was juicy and tender with a nice crisp edge, and the glaze was to die for. My boyfriend was equally pleased with his steak frites, and we were both so full after apps and entrees that we barely had room for dessert!Special Features:
- Less than ThrilledBostondiner27Dined on 8/27/2014The food was good; the wine selection fit my tastes; the server was polite, knowledgeable, and speedy; but the noise was awful. After getting a reservation at Tremont 647, we were seated in the adjoining restaurant, Sister Sorel instead. The bar was so noisy, I could barely hear my dining partner. The ambiance in Sister Sorel was a dingy bar--not a nice restaurant to enjoy a meal. Needless to say, I would never go here again.Special Features:
- Noise level overshadowed ambiancesarena101Dined on 8/27/2014Ambiance: yikes, we were seated next to the bar and the noise level was crazy loud! It was difficult to have a conversation. There was one group making all the racket (one guy came over to talk with us which was pretty funny). Food: My friend and I got the 'lobster mac & cheese'. Flavor was wonderful, perfect amount of cheese to pasta however I needed to put my glasses on to find the lobster meat. For the main course we had the tuna and BBQ brisket. My friends LOVED the tuna. My brisket was very fatty. Five stars for our server (I think his name was Dave). He was funny, friendly, attentive, knew the menu. If you come and want to have a conversation with your friends, ask to be seated in the back of the restaurant away from the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceSelena315Dined on 8/26/2014Went there with a friend for restaurant week and the food did not disappoint. We sat outside and had a lovely evening. We also realized it was Taco Tuesday in addition to it being restaurant week. Very glad I made a reservation in advance. Everything was delicious but I think next time I will order wine instead of beer. Something to compliment the food better and also something a bit more refreshing. The waiter was great. Came over at the right times and was very polite. Timing for the meals could have been better and I say that because while doing the outdoor seating it can become crowded with the plates being brought out while another waiter is taking the order of the table next to us. Can't wait to try their brunch and Taco Tuesday!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I stopped by this establishment for restaurant week for lunch to partake in the lobster Mac and cheese which was delicious. Portions were on thr smaller side, but the three course lunch all together filled me up. Dishes were beautifully crafted. My friend got the beef dumplings and thought they were delicious. I enjoyed the heirloom tomato salad which was beautiful looking and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Restaurant Week LunchlunchingladiesDined on 8/22/2014I have been here before for RW. And it was wonderful. This visit was disappointing by comparison because the menu was less interesting than before. Mostly sandwiches, no real mains. Sandwiches were wonderful for what they were, just not as spectacular as the main courses. Still a wonderful value and very nice to be able to have lunch which is not offered outside of RW.
- A wonderful restaurant week menu!LisaDined on 8/20/2014Thank you for offering such a fantastic variety of delicious foods for restaurant week! I know that some restaurants do not like restaurant week, and many don't offer a very good menu - your offerings were superior! My three friends and I all got different things, and everyone LOVED what they ate. Our server, Natalia, was also the Bees Knees :). thank you!Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicebosfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014My friends recently went during lunch and although we have all gone with independently of each other, we all agreed that service was NOT up to our expectations. Server took a while to with all our meals (people seated after us and ordering similat dishes were receicing theirs before we did) and she even forgot one of our desserts! When we asked for the check, she completely ignored us and walked away. When we asked for it the second time, she gave us the biggest attitude. All in all, the food was great, just wished service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great place - consistently fabulous. Love the ambiance and the staff are just terrific. Andy Husbands' menus are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be better non-restaurant week?FoodFoodEverywhereDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant was solid, but not great. My cocktail, the Corpse Reviver, was delicious. A great way to start the meal! The Tuna Tostada starter was just not very good...there was a ton of iceberg lettuce, and I just loathe iceberg lettuce. THe other ingredients also just didn't seem to be very coherent. My entree was amazing, which was the red-wine braised short rib. Tender, juicy and the accompanying sweet corn polenta was also delish. The blackberry cobbler was also not great, the vanilla ice cream that topped it was the star and the cobbler was just kind of dry and well, womp. THe portions were also on the smaller side, but think that maybe that was because we ordered off the 3-course menu. So it was perfect for 3-courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremont 647iranmanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Food is absolutely delicious, everything my girlfriend and I had was incredible. I had the dumplings to start, Reuben for entrée and the banana cream pie for dessert. If you happen to like bananas I would recommend trying the banana cream pie, it's very good. Music was a little odd but I enjoyed it :) I would definitely recommend going here for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good taste, but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014I came here for restaurant week lunch (3 courses). I got the steak tips - there were 5 very small pieces of meat (about 1.5 inches in diameter and thin). The tuna appetizer was also a very small portion. Luckily, the pie filled me up (banana cream pie, which was good and the chocolate piece that accompanied it was excellent). The outdoor seating is nice. I will probably return for Taco Tuesdays.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great destination spot. Outside seating was great, food wonderful and staff friendly. Will go back.Special Features:
- The following 860 reviews are from the Tremont 647 reviews archive.
- favorite outdoor spotlschultz83VIPDined on 7/25/2014a change in menu since last year. really enjoyed the smaller portions, but they added up (in price) quickly and we left feeling still a bit hungry but at a hefty pricetag. everything tasted really wonderful, but the sangria fell flat. It tasted like a vodka soda with cran. So sad. we will likely return for the ambiance and good service, and I would go with one of their wines instead of a mixed drink.Special Features:
- Cozy and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Great spot to sit outside and the bar next door is great for a casual place to have drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,gnee99Dined on 7/16/2014There were three of us and we enjoyed a bunch of small plates. The food was fresh and delish. We had a fish taco, steak tips, salad. Was disappointed that there are no vegetarian friendly selections. The service was very efficient, friendly, accommodating. We will go back. It is small and the air conditioning wasn't working well that night, so that was a bummer, but am sure not an every night situation.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulBostonstrongVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a boston staple. Andy is a wonderful creative chef. The food is always great.Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperienceReenerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were excited to visit here based on the on-line menu. Sadly their menu has changed quite a bit and has fewer selections. Although they did accommodate our request for their fried chicken from the previous menu, there was an "incident" in the kitchen. We did not mind the delay, but feel the quality suffered after. If I lived there I would give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceRBNYCVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went into Tremont 647 after a few recommendations but some warnings about the small size and "good" food. Given we were going before theatre, we did not expect the "great expectations" - boy were we wrong. First, the service was amazing! Not only were all the staff on top of everything, but not standing over you, they were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food was great and exceeded our expectations. Dessert was unexpected and our favorite - banana cream pie - heaven! We will be returning very soon. No hesitancy whatsoever!Special Features:
- ChuckVIPDined on 6/8/2014Excellent service and atmosphere, great burger with fried egg and bacon.Special Features:
- Under whelmingMurph422VIPDined on 5/24/2014Aweful experience, server was adequate, food tasted like a Sperry loafer.
- hinghamVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was good and service was fin except for the waitress continually asking , "Are WE ready to order". or "How did we enjoy our food"? I didn't recall her eating with us. Found that rather annoying. Portions were very small.
- Love this place!Madeleine249Dined on 5/9/2014Best Grass Fed Burger with option to get fried egg on top. Small plates meant for sharing or traditional entrees make this spot perfect for any occationSpecial Features:
- Yummy small platesTeachVIPDined on 5/8/2014We haven't been to Tremont 647 in a while and wanted to try the small plates menu. We loved the zucchini salad which was a special - it had just the right mix of fresh flavors. The other plates we tried were good, especially the dumplings, but the pork ragu and the lobster roll were a bit spicier than we'd like. I think the concept of the lobster wrapped in a scallion pancake was great, but the spiciness overwhelmed those flavors. We loved the signature banana cream pie - I can't believe we haven't had it before. We will have it again!Special Features:
- Great food in small packagesCarolisoDined on 5/3/2014We were looking for a South End dining experience and after looking at web sites and yelp, settled on Tremont 647. The restaurant was smaller than I expected, and on the noisy side when we arrived, but when it thinned out a iittle noise was no longer the problem. We have to wait about 15 minutes for our table, and I don't know what they do when the weather is bad; it was a nice night out so we waited outside and people-watched. Once seated, we were attended to our waiter fairly quickly, informed of the specials, and ordered. Two of us shared 5 small plates. The third picked her own 2 small plates. Notable were Lobster Mac 'n Cheese, Beef Dumplings, Scallops, and the pan fried cornbread that was specially made for the table.Special Features:
- Not my styletraveling2uDined on 4/26/2014I did not enjoy my small plates. Taste was off except for the tater tots. Those were good. Carrot cake was disappointing. The large plate made me very ill later that night.Special Features:
- ListenDVineDined on 4/25/2014Your food is great. And yes, your brunch is also a fun spot. But honestly, your waiters are running around at dinner completely in the weeds. I don't know if they need less tables or more training, but it's quite the scene. Our waiter was so busy he forgot our drinks (which melted sitting at the bar for 10 mins until the manager brought them)- I was given the skirt steak and left fork and knife-less for almost 5 mins. Brunch is fun but the dinner crew is a complete mess. I will honestly say I would never recommend this place because of the service alone. Recommendation would be to hire wait staff that have experience and maybe pay them more. I am POSITIVE you will get people to be frequenters (is that a word?). Much Love- xoxo -gossip girlSpecial Features:
- Everything we hoped it would beJamesDined on 4/20/2014We saw this restaurant on the phantom gourmet and made a mental note to give it a try. The food was awesome! We highly recommend the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Our 3 year old even cleared her plate which says a lot since she's incredibly picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip- not the hypeMalloryVIPDined on 4/20/2014We came here for Easter and knew it would would be super crazy and packed, which it was, but we were seated immediately. The only downside was the awkward table we were given right next to the kitchen and where all the guests and waitstaff were walking- we felt very in the way, and it was super distracting. the food and drinks were good and our server went above and beyond to talk to us and make sure we were all set even though they were slammed. If nothing else, go for the poutine and some drinks. Not a bad find, but I'm not sure I get the hype...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.