Trellises Restaurant @ Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
225 Coastline Dr East
Jacksonville, FL 32202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trellises Restaurant @ Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksonville.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp#3001
- Phone: 9046344540x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Brittingham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trellises Restaurant @ Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Please come and join us in Trellises Restaurant located in our lobby here at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel. Where we feature a delicious array of seafood dishes, salads, soups and sandwiches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trellises Restaurant @ Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Unclassy for the priceIncompetentDined on 5/11/2014There was a dispute between our actual server and the head waiter on who should be getting the tip. We gave our actual server the tip but the head server had her give it back. He then came to our table and said that she was been paid by the hour and he was not. Why wasn't this discussed in advance by all workers so that they all knew who should get the tip? If it was discussed in advanced then what kind of unprofessinal help did they hire who would take someone's tip. We constantly had to look for someone to refill drinks. The table next to us literally got up and helped themselves to their own drinks which was in a try nearby because the staff seems to be missing. Very unprofessional for the amount of money we had to pay.Special Features:
- An enjoyable experience1TimerDined on 5/10/2014Recently, I visiting your establishment for the first time. I must admit that I was a tad annoyed upon my arrival when I saw the entrance line curved around the corner. However, pleasingly, the line moved much quicker than I expected. Once seated, the variety of menu items exceeded my expectations, as well. The waitress was also very cordial and absolutely awesome. I will definitely dine at this establishment again.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Trellises Restaurant @ Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reviews archive.
- Surprisingly great servicectidwell03Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I went to Trellises for the first time on Valentine's Day and it was great. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect since we were going to a restaurant in a hotel but everything was much better than expected. The staff was great, our server Lisa was amazing. She was very friendly and made sure we were doing well every time she passed us. The atmosphere was nice and romantic as well. The food was delicious, and we will definitely be going back to try some of their other dishes. They helped to make our Valentine's Day pretty great for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LuncheonSunTrustDined on 12/18/2013Our service was excellent and so was the food. We really enjoyed the quiet enviroment, it unalbe us to discuss business while still enjoying a delightful lunch.Special Features:
- The restaurant was insideOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2013The restaurant was inside the Hyatt hotel, which is on the riverfront. The restaurant is in the middle of the lobby which makes it somewhat noisy at times. It also makes it difficult to view the river from the restaurant. The wait staff were very attentive and slows down as it becomes a little more crowded. The food was delicious and attractive. The cooks did a very good job. It was a weekday and I would enjoy eating there when there are no events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013Generally don't eat at hotel restaurants but weather was bad. I have not had this poor service often. For example, when cleaning table after we had our appetizer all the silverware was removed. When our entrees were served we were not given new silverware. It took a couple of minutes for the waitress to re-appear to ask "how is everything?" We then asked for new silverware. 5 minutes passed from when the check arrived until it was retrieved. Very poorly trained staff.
- TrellisesWorldtravlrDined on 5/18/2013The staff was extremely pleasant and the food was fresh and good. The menu seemed to be tried and true, but that can be good when you are traveling and really don't have the time to experiment. I enjoyed my meals and my stay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013The only reason I am rating this restaurant this high is because my girl knew a server there. She ended uptaking care of us, but what a horrible experience from the beginning. Our first server was horrible. I can't be nice about it because it was Valentine's Day. We waited forever for our bottle of wine. Forget wine service! They did not even open up the bottle of wine at out table.
- Perfect for that honored dinner.rthatcherVIPDined on 2/14/2013As I was coming down from New York on St. Valentine's Day, virtually every prime restaurant in Jacksonville was booked at least 1 week in advance for dinner. And I thought they were just holding out, so I called a few to be certain. Open Table helped find a niche for my girlfriend and I. As we arrived on time, we found a great corner booth away from the rest of the venue where we could drink champagne and exchange gifts. We found the menu to be easy to navigate as it was filled with meat and seafood favorites. Our orders for sirloin and ribeye steaks were perfectly executed. I informed the line supervisor and the manager of this as I know how much training went into making our meals stunning.Special Features:
- We went on a pretty busy night.SubmarineTMCDined on 12/31/2012We went on a pretty busy night. It was the New Years Eve and night before the Gator Bowl so the place was full of the 2 university's fans. Very small menu but the wait staff was the best. The management was on the prowel ensuring quality was not lost due to the large volume of people. The scallops were large and perfectly cooked. I wish there was more options for entrees. Your choices are salmon, pasta, scallops or steak.
- The service was deplorable.TeresaDined on 12/25/2012The service was deplorable. We were one of about six tables, so it was not too busy to provide stellar service.
- Service very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Firstly I was advised the incorrect amount of 24.95 per person when infact it was 29.95 pp. I made this reservation online for a total of 11 people. I received an email confirmation. Then on the day of I received a call from the restaurant stating that they could not fit me and my party in.I spoke to the banquet manager who finally kept our reservation. When we get there we tell the waiter that we need 2 high chairs for our 2 toddlers.the waiter sees that we are holding toddlers in our hands but yet he takes forever to bring out the high chairs. We ordered 2 bottles of wine but he did not know what the wine selection was. We waited over 45 mins for our soft drinks. The service was not up to par. The food was great and so were all the chefsSpecial Features:
- went for Christmas BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012went for Christmas Brunch with some former neighbors. Talked for hours and the staff was wonderful. they allowed us to talk with out pressuring us to leave.Special Features:
- I think we must have hit TrellisesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2012I think we must have hit Trellises on a bad night. The main dining area was closed so our party of 5 was seated at a long table along the wall in the bar area. Food was acceptable but pricey for the quantity. Wine pours seemed skimpy for the price and there was no happy hour (we arrived at 6:15). And while our server was pleasant, the pace was slow, particularly given the few people in the dining room.
- We Will Be Back :>)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I will come back, and I will recommend the Hyatt to all of my frends.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch is outstandingSonnyVIPDined on 5/13/2012Mother's Day Brunch is outstanding and hard to beat. The food offerings are over the top - in a good way. You will never elave there hungry. I think perhaps the service lacked just a little - but no real complaints - when you are feeding hundreds of people on a day like Mother's Day, things can be a little hectic. Mother's Day 2013 - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Our server was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Our server was excellent. The Hyatt is always so accommodating .Special Features:
- We went for Christmas brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012We went for Christmas brunch and it was wonderful, went back for Easter brunch and we won't be back. They increased the price $10 a person and took away some of the items choices. The staff was not as friendly and attentive (we had to ask for our check twice) and the food wasn't nearly as good. At Christmas the bread pudding was amazing and a favorite by all this time in order to what I assume was to save costs they made the bread pudding into "cupcakes" not at all the same. Other brunches in the area offer mimosas and more choices for less money. Sorry Trellises - we won't be back
- Nice Staff, Good Food, but ........OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Nice place to eat with excellent service and friendly staff. The main course & dessert were very good but the service was excellent!! Dining room lacked ambiance/atmosphere especially for Valentine's Day !! Nothing Special was done with the tables or dining area... decorations ...ect. Still felt like just eating in a hotel restaurant. We were seated next to the kitchen even though the restaurant was virtually empty. We heard all the noise of the food preparation. For the price paid, would of rather celebrated where there was a great view where special attention was paid to us & to the holiday being celebrated.Special Features:
- Excellent food - fresh uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012Excellent food - fresh unique choices, very tasty!Special Features:
- I particularly enjoyed myDinerVIPDined on 1/11/2012I particularly enjoyed my rib eye steak -- cooked to perfection with a nice medley of vegetables. The menu had a nice selection of choice items and would definitely return.Special Features:
- The menu they promise forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The menu they promise for the new years eve was not even offered. They did not have anything special but the regular everyday menu where people could order sandwiches. People came with regular tshirt and shorts. We were all dressed up and here we are at the supposedly high class restaurant and all the manager could say is "I'm sorry". Not going to book another night there again!
- It is the perfect choice forSuzanneDined on 12/25/2011It is the perfect choice for a holiday meal. Amazing separate little buffet for children with a great play area to keep them happily busy. Great food. It is now our holiday tradition. Loved talking to the talented execute chef and fabulous German pastry chef.Special Features:
- The food selection was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011The food selection was excellent. Everything we tasted was delicious and very attractively presented. The flow between stations made it easy to serve the food on the plates. Also, it was an excellent value. Our children were not with us for Christmas this year nor were we able to travel to be with them. Hyatt Regency and staff offered an attractive alternative to observing a too-quiet holiday by presenting a bountiful feast in a lovely setting. We appreciate beyond measure their well-directed efforts which made this Christmas dinner truly memorable. With many thanks!
- My companions took the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011My companions took the dinner buffet of roast beef & really enjoyed all of it. My scallops & risotto was very good as well.
- Thankful for Thanksgiving brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2011We had a great time on Thursday! There was a wide variety of good food on the buffet including cheeses, seafood, a large omelet station, and the traditional Thanksgiving foods. The dessert table was also fantastic. The wait staff was attentive and the view of the St Johns river was lovely. We will recommend the Hyatt Trellises Restaurant to friends and family who don't want to go through the ordeal of holiday cooking and we will likely return ourselves!Special Features:
- The food wasn't bad when weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2011The food wasn't bad when we received it. The reservation was for 7 pm. Food finally came at 8:20 pm. The soup wasn't even delivered for an hour. The waitstaff was nice but clueless. I had to ask for bread.
- Food is delicious! Very filling,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Food is delicious! Very filling, buffet and menu avail. Server very nice (Edward.) Wasn't busy for dinner, looked busy for breakfast.Special Features:
- We had to wait a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/14/2011We had to wait a long time to be seated, even though the place was not busy. Our salads came out before our wine. My entree came out before I had finished my salad and my husband's entree came out after I was half way through mine. Again, the restaurant was not busy. As far as the ambiance, it is very open to to the lobby of a busy hotel. If it was more closed off, I would have rated the ambiance higher as it was nicely decorated and comfortable.
- We were hoping for a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2011We were hoping for a great view considering the riverfront location of the Hyatt Jacksonville. We experienced only a great view of the lobby and escalators. Food was bland and "smallish" portion size. Selection limited. The hotel's location is a poorly used gem.
- The most expensive item theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2011The most expensive item they had on the menu was the steak. I ordered the steak medium rare. The waitress described the greens as cooked with cheese. The meal came out and the steak was warm temperature under the cooled everyday romaine lettuce mixed with asiago cheese. I was upset but so hungry I ate it. This was the worst $30 steak I ever had! I wouldn't recommend this restuarant to anyone. The actual restuarant was closed and we ordered in the bar area which was not told to us. I rate this restuarant as 2 1/2 stars.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011I had booked a reservation for Mother's Day for my mom. I was called twice for confirmation of the reservation, and upon arrival, we were seated immediately at our scheduled reservation time, however, the table that we were to be seated wasn't cleared from the previous diners. They asked if we could wait at another table while they cleared ours, I asked if we could just stay at the other table, which the hostess seating us said would be fine, the view was better overlooking the St Johns River from the 2nd Floor. This was a buffet style brunch, so there were five or six buffet tables, including a omlet and waffle station and a beef and ham carving station. The service was a little slow and we didn't get our silverware until after our food.Special Features:
- Took my wife here for theyotopiaDined on 5/8/2011Took my wife here for the Mother's Day Brunch. It was great, lots of choices of food and nice view of the river. Held on second floor not in actual restaurant.Special Features:
- There was a great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011There was a great selection for brunch and the food was very tasty. We loved the view.Special Features:
- My family and I had a greatluv2winedineDined on 4/24/2011My family and I had a great experience at Trellises on Easter Sunday. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- We attended the Easter BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2011We attended the Easter Buffet at the Trellises. They moved it upstairs to an open hall type of area. I was happy it was not held in the actual dining room which is in the main lobby of the Hyatt hotel. The food variety was wonderful and everything we tried was excellent. The price was a little more than most of the buffets in the area but the view was worth it.Special Features:
- Bianca our server was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011Bianca our server was very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- We celebrated Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2011We celebrated Valentine's Day at the Hyatt and dined at Trellises. We were seated in a booth at the back, which was cozy. Service was good, but not great, especially since we dined early and the place was not busy at all. Wife had the seared scallops, which were very good. I had the strip steak, ordered medium well, but it came back well done. It was also a much thinner cut of meat than I am accustomed to. However, it was presented well over asparagus with an arugula topping, and it was a decent meal.Special Features:
- Boo! Cafeteria environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/25/2010Boo! Cafeteria environment and cafeteria tasting food.
- We went for Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2010We went for Christmas dinner and was highly disappointed by the length of time we had to wait for our food and the quality of the food. While the restaurant was far from busy, they delivered our prime rib overdone and used the excuse that they were running out as a reason why they couldn't re-do it. They also didn't offer us a different entree since they couldn't provide what we ordered. The "sliced" turkey was not white meat, but chopped up dark meat. The time between our appetizer and the main course was well over 35 minutes. The restaurant was also freezing cold and nothing was done about the temperature or to make us more comfortable despite repeated requests. Other guests at several tables around us wore jackets throughtout their meal.Special Features: