220 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trellisrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 4252845900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am; Weekends: 6:00am-2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Weekends: Additional lunch items to Weekend Breakfast menu available from 10:00am until 2 pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
CRUSH HOUR: Daily from 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
THE FRONT PORCH AT THE HEATHMAN:
Open June - October, 7 Days a week (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Scheehser, a James Beard Award Nominee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site catering for groups over 8 people are held at The Heathman Hotel. Our Private Dining Sales Managers are seasoned professionals in the art of planning and executing parties for any and all social and corporate occasions. We are dedicated to surpassing your expectations and making each event or festivity distinctive, graceful and memorable. Private Dining fare is provided exclusively through Trellis and consists of the same offerings you would enjoy while dining in the actual restaurant. Experience a unique event or meeting at The Heathman Hotel, where service is truly an art.
- Private Party Facilities: Within The Heathman Hotel is The San Juan Ballroom. Divisible into three sections for a total of 2,100 square feet, the Ballroom is a chic, elegant venue. The ballroom features modern chandeliers and ambient spot lighting, enhanced by a window wall of natural lighting, warming the teak paneling and stylish décor. This ballroom can be transformed into a sophisticated setting for weddings, receptions or corporate galas. Other event space include the beautiful 600 square-foot Cascade Room with adjoining 400 square-foot Library, as well as several private rooms ranging from 320-530 square feet. All are flexible, free flowing event spaces that can be set up in a variety of styles and layouts. Rooms feature Sharp Aquos Interactive Boards, which may be used for projection or power point presentations. Interior colors and touches are focused on warm, neutral colors with textures of rich caramel and brown shades.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda Jensen (425)284-5912 x
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for Trellis is provided within The Heathman Hotel. There is additional street parking surrounding Trellis & The Heathman Hotel.
Live within a 4 mile radius & have a confirmed reservation? Our chauffeurs will be happy to escort you to & from your location in our luxury, Hybrid SUV for free!
A word from Trellis
Trellis is a wine country style restaurant featuring innovative farm to table cuisine – much of it grown in Chef Brian Scheehser’s 10 acre farm in Woodinville. Trellis offers a farm-fresh, robust menu that evolves with the seasons in providing only food and drink that celebrate small scale, artisan products at the height of their seasonal quality. Trellis has an enviable Kirkland downtown location at The Heathman Hotel.Continued
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Trellis - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Trellis reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (27)notable wine list (24)good for groups (15)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great deal!OutandaboutDined on 9/28/2014Go on a Sunday or Monday evening and you get 3 courses for $33 and half off any bottle of wine! You are not limited in your selections either. Our server (and the kitchen) was very accommodating to our making it 4 courses by sharing our 2 starters, i.e. flatbread as an appetizer and salad to start. The flatbread was outstanding with the chef's own garden produce. The shrimp pomodoro was remarkable in the size of the wild shrimp and again the home-grown flavor of the tomato sauce on the pasta. Hangar steak was fabulous on a bed of diced turnips. Everything was beautifully presented. Everyone was so nice and accommodating, very professional. We were so full from dinner that they let us wait and come back for our dessert later!Special Features:
- Tasty Times at TrellisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We have dined at Trellis many times both lunch and dinner. Every time we are impressed with the staff, ambiance and most important the food! The seasonal specials are always spectacular and the regular menu items are great every time! They also have a very adaptable menu for vegan and gluten free diets. I always recommend Trellis to all my friends if they are looking for a great restaurant in the Kirkland area. The prices for lunch are reasonable and dinner is on the middle to higher end and worth every penny! I also love that they grow most of their own produce and supplement it with local organic farmers produce. Everything is as fresh as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCloyneVIPDined on 9/16/2014Trout dish was cooked perfectly and preparation with crispy basil, dried tomato's and light sauce was delicious. Server was pleasantly attentive and engaging! Outdoor dining on a warm day just adds to overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Dining with guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Food: The food was amazing and impressed our guests visiting from China. I highly recommend the Seafood stew, absolutely stuffed with Seafood and really highlights the gems of Northwest cuisine. The wine list could definitely be better. Only a small selection, and the one I ordered they did not have. Ambiance: It was a nice evening so we sat outside. I would not repeat, major bus through way so it was very noisy and smelled of exhaust. I have ate inside before and it wasn't too noisy. Service: The server was nice and offered good recommendations however she had the entire patio to herself so it was very, very slow. Not her fault, I consider it a management fault that they didn't properly staff.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerBonnieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a pleasant dinner for a birthday occasion. It was quiet, pleasant service and a nice variety of food selections. Also enjoyed our shared dessert. Food was attractively served and nicely seasoned. Recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- AddyDined on 8/23/2014Our group b-day dinner at Trellis was very nice. The food was excellent...portion sizes were good (except maybe for the chicken, it was a little on the small side). Service was friendly and attentive...our water glasses never went empty. If we go here again, I think that perhaps I would prefer to sit inside. The outdoor seating is by a fairly busy intersection and the motorcycles, cars and buses can be a little noisy. Also, there were times when people were smoking on the sidewalk and it was very noticeable to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-- but...dbbbDined on 8/22/2014We have all been to this restaurant many times and had a good experience with appetizers and drinks. This time we tried it for a dinner. Server was great and explained dishes and serving well. The only issue was the meal took over an hour to be served after we ordered, and she never said a word about why.... 2 other tables who ordered after us were served 1st..... and it was rather surprising to not be told why the delay for our party of 8. The quality of the food and our meals was outstanding, so that was truly the only issue but it was enough to impact the experience some of us had.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSbkangDined on 8/20/2014Both food and service were great. I would definitely come back, especially if I have guests to entertain.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We decided to try this for our 8 year anniversary. We loved the service we got and it was a nice little place to have a quiet place to celebrate. The food was good and had a nice presentation. We weren't "wow'd" by it but we don't have anything bad about it. I do like that they have a story behind the ingredients they use; grown, harvested and used by them. The dessert was amazing though. We got the house made apple pie with cinnamon swirl ice cream and house made caramel. It was so delicious and perfect to share. I would go back just for a late night cocktail and dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner experience!2couplesoutDined on 8/19/2014Our waitress gave great recommendations from the menu. She was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch visitRomaKindDined on 8/19/2014Very enjoyable - great food, very comfortable, awesome space.Special Features:
- Always a PleasurerickDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten there several times. We had a guest in from out of town and Trellis did not dissapoint. Mondays they are offering a very nice three course menu for $33 and half price bottles of wine - this was a pleasant discovery. We will be back.Special Features:
- Celebration destinationGTSLDined on 8/17/2014Went with friends to celebrate 3 birthdays and 2 retirements. Amazingly attentive service and delicious food. Server took special care to help my friend pick the perfect wine pairing. We received a special desert for our celebration. Outstanding all around.Special Features:
- Going bad ...ChrisZVIPDined on 8/11/2014We have been to Trellis many many times in the past few years but lately the food and service has been slipping. Price-performance ratio is very poor.Special Features:
- LGLODined on 7/30/2014Asked for grilled chicken to be added on the side of a $15 salad. They charged us $9 just for the added chicken. A bit miffed about the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outstanding serviceCleoVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I dined at Trellis on a Sunday evening and chose their 3 courses from their fixed-price menu. The first course was outstanding and was such a large serving that I almost forgot that we had 2 more courses coming. The second course arrived with a cream sauce on my wife's trout, which was NOT described that way in the menu. Unfortunately, my wife can't eat dairy. When we mentioned it to the waitress, she immediately took it back and brought out another trout without cream sauce -- a split-second fix that pleased both of us very much. Both the second and third courses were delightful, and the accompanying wine was delicious. We recommend Trellis highly for the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a bad night for TrellisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Our first visit, Arrived early for our reservation and sat at the bar. Bartender seemed annoyed, unhappy, and clearly overworked. once seated we sat forever with an empty table. picked wine they were out of, no problem found a substitute. Ordered 3 entrees one for each of us and a risotto to share. The mussels were good but we had to ask for forks. My wife's Salmon was excellent. My "Prime NY" was anything but. to start it was very tough. Costco prime NY we had the week before (I over cooked them to medium-well we could still cut with a butter knife) were amazing. My steak was chewy, I had to saw on it with a steak knife it was thin, pink was scarce flavor was off... very unsatisfying for an almost $40 steak. Now Dessert was Amazing!
- Underwhelming Servicelala98033VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was a special occasion dinner - a wedding celebration. We chose Trellis for its creative menu, casual ambience and outdoor dining. Although our food was delicious, the entire experience was marred because of the poor and slow service. Excruitiatingly slow. At one point, our guest remarked "Will we have to wait until breakfast for our meal?". After our food was finally delivered, the server did not come back to check on us. I am not sure what was happening that night (and even if there was something going on), but we felt ignored. Such a disappointment.Special Features:
- Unimpressedval73Dined on 7/11/2014Nice location and the food was good, other than my over cooked steak. Service was horrible.Special Features:
- A night outHuskyrickDined on 7/8/2014We hadn't been to the Trellis for a while and wanted to see what they were up to. It's especially good during the growing season as they get fresh local things. Everything from the online reservations to checking in, service, friendliness of the staff to being too full for dessert was great. The wines are good but a little pricey so having as glass or two will definitely up your evening out cost. We have eaten there many times and do recommend it. There is some street parking and a large free parking garage right across the street.Special Features:
- Great Al Fresco DiningNeilVIPDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed a great dinner here while watching the world go by. Deborah took great care of us and her recommendations were spot on. We hadn't realized ahead of time that they have a prix fixe menu on some evenings but we were only too happy to take advantage of it. The food was delicious, we had a great table and we didn't feel rushed. Thank you Trellis!Special Features:
- Great serviceThomasDined on 7/6/2014As ususal, the service is first class. The staff is very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming ExperiencePablofeVIPDined on 7/5/2014There is more to high end dinning than high prices. Regrettably our experience at Trellis only had the high prices and was disappointing. We had great meals at many of the nice restaurants in the area that use locally grown organic, and have had consistent good experiences at them (see our reviews). The server was going a bit overboard during the whole meal lecturing on the locally grown ingredients. In other restaurants folks describe the dishes and ingredients, and then let the quality and taste of the food speak for themselves. The service was poor. Just not a good experience overall, and the restaurant wasn’t even full (this was an early dinner). I would just walk down the block, cross the street, and go to Volterra instead.
- Will definately go back again soon!amazngoddessVIPDined on 7/2/2014Good wine selection and great food choices. Not your run of the mill steaks or burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Trellis always has great food and presentation. We are old customers who are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trellis is my favorite restaurantDavidCDined on 6/29/2014My go to fine dining place, Chef Brian is the BOMB! Service is always outstanding, Food perfectly cooked and presented bussers are quick and friendly! Don't miss stopping in for a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1026 reviews are from the Trellis reviews archive.
- Special Birthday DinnerMimiDined on 5/29/2014We were seated right away, even though we arrived 30 minutes early - which we appreciated. We had a great server - very knowledgeable. The food was very good - not outstanding, but very good. We noted in our Open Table reservations that it was a special occasion birthday dinner - which was acknowledged with a surprise dessert. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Normally Trellis is greatGTSLDined on 5/25/2014My BFF and I have celebrated our birthdays at Trellis for many years, but this time, for the first time, the service was less than stellar. We waited for at least 30 minutes as the wait staff zoomed by us and my friend finally got up and talked to the manager. Service improved greatly after that and at the end of our evening a server admitted someone had not shown up for work. The food was excellent and the portions more than ample. I did not get an offer of a second cocktail and paying $4.50 for a cup of coffee is a bit much. We will go back since we believe this was a one time occurrence.Special Features:
- Good Northwest Style FoodTheFrameGuyDined on 5/25/2014The food was good .... not memorable ... but good Northwest style food. The wine list and on-tap beer selection was better than normal. It sounds like the beer taps change often, which is a big plus for me. The outside patio dining was great.Special Features:
- powderhoundDined on 5/23/2014Great spot for a quiet birthday dinner. Food was fantastic, the asparagus soup was not up to par but the service took care of us immediately. It is on my list to go back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday dinner discountenjoygreatfoodDined on 5/18/2014We had friends in from Denver and they chose Trellis from a list of restaurants that we provided. It was a surprise to us that they had a great wine list and all was 50% off on the bottles on Sundays. We also enjoyed a great meal from their Sunday 3 for $33 menu. You can still order off the regular menu and enjoy the specials. Food was delicious and the service was great. Try the walleye if you have the chance.Special Features:
- Food - perfect. Service - divine!MrsSpearVIPDined on 5/15/2014Our server was fun...had lots of recommendations and was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We enjoyed entire time dining. Everything was timed PERFECTLY and delicious! Thank you!Special Features:
- Table selectionluvgoodfoodDined on 5/10/2014We were seated at a square table. Granted you could seat 4 people there but not for dinner. Our orders had a plate for the salad/side dish, a plate for the entree, a bread plate, the plate they served the bread on and wine. To say the table was crowded was an understatement. It was difficult to eat. The waitress even apologized for the lack of space. We should have been seated at one of the rectangular tables. This made dinner unpleasant. One of the dinners did not come cooked as requested, however was not sent back because it was felt that would just take too long.Special Features:
- Great Food, Drinks and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our group of 7 was seated early which was convenient. Our service was very good, and prompt, and the special requests of every guest were met happily. The food selection was good, the taste excellent and portions were plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place food So soCharleyDined on 5/10/2014Nice atmosphere, excellent service, great wine list and presentation of food looked fabulous but salmon was overlooked and the sausage and prawn tagliatelle was nothing special.Special Features:
- an amazing mealpeggDined on 5/2/2014Great food, wonderful service and a fun place to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Pear Cocktail!NewcastleMamaDined on 5/1/2014I'm a fan of Trellis because of their farm to table philosophy, but loved going this week after enjoying a delicious, full of flavor, pear cocktail. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDinPortlandDined on 4/26/2014The food was really good. But what really made this experience great was Wally - he took good care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding but...Run2EatDined on 4/23/2014I love going to Trellis. I need fine dining for customers but I have food allergies. I am used to my meals being compromised in some way because of this. At Trellis, that has NEVER happened. The chef accomdates me so well that my meal is every bit as wonderful and flavorful as the rest of my dining companions. The service is impeccable. Our server this night, however, might have been new. He was still good, but got my order wrong, and didn't talk to the chef about my allergies, left it to me to figure out the best thing to eat. Because of that I didn't feel it was the usual Trellis experience but the food was still amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomersPKHartDined on 4/19/2014Great food. Great service. Great night. Birthday dinner for my fiancé, which I mentioned in my Open Table reservation. Trellis staff clearly paid attention to my special request because we were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant and were treated to a free Bday dessert. All staff were attentive without being obsequious, and the sommelier recommended a bottle of wine that paired beautifully with both meals. Will absolutely go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.