220 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trellisrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (425) 284-5900
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am; Weekends: 6:00am-2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Weekends: Additional lunch items to Weekend Breakfast menu available from 10:00am until 2 pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
CRUSH HOUR: Daily from 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
THE FRONT PORCH AT THE HEATHMAN:
Open June - October, 7 Days a week (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Scheehser, a James Beard Award Nominee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site catering for groups over 8 people are held at The Heathman Hotel. Our Private Dining Sales Managers are seasoned professionals in the art of planning and executing parties for any and all social and corporate occasions. We are dedicated to surpassing your expectations and making each event or festivity distinctive, graceful and memorable. Private Dining fare is provided exclusively through Trellis and consists of the same offerings you would enjoy while dining in the actual restaurant. Experience a unique event or meeting at The Heathman Hotel, where service is truly an art.
- Private Party Facilities: Within The Heathman Hotel is The San Juan Ballroom. Divisible into three sections for a total of 2,100 square feet, the Ballroom is a chic, elegant venue. The ballroom features modern chandeliers and ambient spot lighting, enhanced by a window wall of natural lighting, warming the teak paneling and stylish décor. This ballroom can be transformed into a sophisticated setting for weddings, receptions or corporate galas. Other event space include the beautiful 600 square-foot Cascade Room with adjoining 400 square-foot Library, as well as several private rooms ranging from 320-530 square feet. All are flexible, free flowing event spaces that can be set up in a variety of styles and layouts. Rooms feature Sharp Aquos Interactive Boards, which may be used for projection or power point presentations. Interior colors and touches are focused on warm, neutral colors with textures of rich caramel and brown shades.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda Jensen (425)284-5912 x
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for Trellis is provided within The Heathman Hotel. There is additional street parking surrounding Trellis & The Heathman Hotel.
Live within a 4 mile radius & have a confirmed reservation? Our chauffeurs will be happy to escort you to & from your location in our luxury, Hybrid SUV for free!
A word from Trellis
Trellis is a wine country style restaurant featuring innovative farm to table cuisine – much of it grown in Chef Brian Scheehser’s 10 acre farm in Woodinville. Trellis offers a farm-fresh, robust menu that evolves with the seasons in providing only food and drink that celebrate small scale, artisan products at the height of their seasonal quality. Trellis has an enviable Kirkland downtown location at The Heathman Hotel.Continued
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trellis reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (39)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (29)romantic (23)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- A night outHuskyrickDined on 7/8/2014We hadn't been to the Trellis for a while and wanted to see what they were up to. It's especially good during the growing season as they get fresh local things. Everything from the online reservations to checking in, service, friendliness of the staff to being too full for dessert was great. The wines are good but a little pricey so having as glass or two will definitely up your evening out cost. We have eaten there many times and do recommend it. There is some street parking and a large free parking garage right across the street.Special Features:
- Great Al Fresco DiningNeilVIPDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed a great dinner here while watching the world go by. Deborah took great care of us and her recommendations were spot on. We hadn't realized ahead of time that they have a prix fixe menu on some evenings but we were only too happy to take advantage of it. The food was delicious, we had a great table and we didn't feel rushed. Thank you Trellis!Special Features:
- Great serviceThomasDined on 7/6/2014As ususal, the service is first class. The staff is very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming ExperiencePablofeVIPDined on 7/5/2014There is more to high end dinning than high prices. Regrettably our experience at Trellis only had the high prices and was disappointing. We had great meals at many of the nice restaurants in the area that use locally grown organic, and have had consistent good experiences at them (see our reviews). The server was going a bit overboard during the whole meal lecturing on the locally grown ingredients. In other restaurants folks describe the dishes and ingredients, and then let the quality and taste of the food speak for themselves. The service was poor. Just not a good experience overall, and the restaurant wasn’t even full (this was an early dinner). I would just walk down the block, cross the street, and go to Volterra instead.
- Will definately go back again soon!amazngoddessVIPDined on 7/2/2014Good wine selection and great food choices. Not your run of the mill steaks or burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Trellis always has great food and presentation. We are old customers who are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trellis is my favorite restaurantDavidCDined on 6/29/2014My go to fine dining place, Chef Brian is the BOMB! Service is always outstanding, Food perfectly cooked and presented bussers are quick and friendly! Don't miss stopping in for a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerMimiDined on 5/29/2014We were seated right away, even though we arrived 30 minutes early - which we appreciated. We had a great server - very knowledgeable. The food was very good - not outstanding, but very good. We noted in our Open Table reservations that it was a special occasion birthday dinner - which was acknowledged with a surprise dessert. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Normally Trellis is greatGTSLDined on 5/25/2014My BFF and I have celebrated our birthdays at Trellis for many years, but this time, for the first time, the service was less than stellar. We waited for at least 30 minutes as the wait staff zoomed by us and my friend finally got up and talked to the manager. Service improved greatly after that and at the end of our evening a server admitted someone had not shown up for work. The food was excellent and the portions more than ample. I did not get an offer of a second cocktail and paying $4.50 for a cup of coffee is a bit much. We will go back since we believe this was a one time occurrence.Special Features:
- Good Northwest Style FoodTheFrameGuyDined on 5/25/2014The food was good .... not memorable ... but good Northwest style food. The wine list and on-tap beer selection was better than normal. It sounds like the beer taps change often, which is a big plus for me. The outside patio dining was great.Special Features:
- powderhoundDined on 5/23/2014Great spot for a quiet birthday dinner. Food was fantastic, the asparagus soup was not up to par but the service took care of us immediately. It is on my list to go back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday dinner discountenjoygreatfoodDined on 5/18/2014We had friends in from Denver and they chose Trellis from a list of restaurants that we provided. It was a surprise to us that they had a great wine list and all was 50% off on the bottles on Sundays. We also enjoyed a great meal from their Sunday 3 for $33 menu. You can still order off the regular menu and enjoy the specials. Food was delicious and the service was great. Try the walleye if you have the chance.Special Features:
- Food - perfect. Service - divine!MrsSpearVIPDined on 5/15/2014Our server was fun...had lots of recommendations and was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We enjoyed entire time dining. Everything was timed PERFECTLY and delicious! Thank you!Special Features:
- Table selectionluvgoodfoodDined on 5/10/2014We were seated at a square table. Granted you could seat 4 people there but not for dinner. Our orders had a plate for the salad/side dish, a plate for the entree, a bread plate, the plate they served the bread on and wine. To say the table was crowded was an understatement. It was difficult to eat. The waitress even apologized for the lack of space. We should have been seated at one of the rectangular tables. This made dinner unpleasant. One of the dinners did not come cooked as requested, however was not sent back because it was felt that would just take too long.Special Features:
- Great Food, Drinks and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our group of 7 was seated early which was convenient. Our service was very good, and prompt, and the special requests of every guest were met happily. The food selection was good, the taste excellent and portions were plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place food So soCharleyDined on 5/10/2014Nice atmosphere, excellent service, great wine list and presentation of food looked fabulous but salmon was overlooked and the sausage and prawn tagliatelle was nothing special.Special Features:
- an amazing mealpeggDined on 5/2/2014Great food, wonderful service and a fun place to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Pear Cocktail!NewcastleMamaDined on 5/1/2014I'm a fan of Trellis because of their farm to table philosophy, but loved going this week after enjoying a delicious, full of flavor, pear cocktail. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDinPortlandDined on 4/26/2014The food was really good. But what really made this experience great was Wally - he took good care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding but...Run2EatDined on 4/23/2014I love going to Trellis. I need fine dining for customers but I have food allergies. I am used to my meals being compromised in some way because of this. At Trellis, that has NEVER happened. The chef accomdates me so well that my meal is every bit as wonderful and flavorful as the rest of my dining companions. The service is impeccable. Our server this night, however, might have been new. He was still good, but got my order wrong, and didn't talk to the chef about my allergies, left it to me to figure out the best thing to eat. Because of that I didn't feel it was the usual Trellis experience but the food was still amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomersPKHartDined on 4/19/2014Great food. Great service. Great night. Birthday dinner for my fiancé, which I mentioned in my Open Table reservation. Trellis staff clearly paid attention to my special request because we were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant and were treated to a free Bday dessert. All staff were attentive without being obsequious, and the sommelier recommended a bottle of wine that paired beautifully with both meals. Will absolutely go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirkland favoritedmw1Dined on 4/14/2014This is a very nice and fine restaurant in Kirkland. Casual dress, but beautifully prepared and presented dishes. Lots of fresh and local ingredients. My wife always has the fresh brook trout which has been boned and served with a light butter sauce. I choose other items, but the braised scallops or one of the homemade pastas are favorites, My only drawback is that the hard surfaces of floors and all furnishings can make it a bit noisy at busy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Four of us went to Trellis for an evening out to celebrate a work promotion and to enjoy the Farm To Table menu. We arrived before our reservation and enjoyed drinks, tasty deviled eggs and fried artichokes at the bar. At dinner, we had the hummus plate, warm muffins, champagne, and delicious meal. Two of our group are vegetarian and the chef easily modified their dishes to accommodate their preferences. I had the Seafood Soup, which was served dramatically at the table in a big black cast iron pot and tasted as delicious as presented. We were all full, but managed to enjoy desserts of lemon tart, chocolate and PB cookies, and briefly I saw a big scoop of chocolate mousse momentarily before it disappeared. We will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014we had the duck and lamb and a really nice bottle of wine, good selection to go with it. the service was great very friendly and attentive. would give it five but the duck was a little over done and the dish itself was kind of off, everything on the plate was great on its own but together they did not compliment each other at all, the lamb however was fantastic highly recommend it.Special Features:
- My "go-to" place for guestsTwoMikeRDined on 3/18/2014I really enjoy bringing my out-of-town guests to Trellis. The locally grown produce and fresh dishes are always a hit. There is a nice variety of offerings to suit everyone. Very nice wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were able to get a lastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014We were able to get a last minute reservation for dinner before a show a the Kirkland Performance Center, just a short walk away. Service was awesome!!! Our server got us in and out in perfect time. The food was fine but did not dazzle us. We would eat there again mainly for its proximity to the theater.
- Cold night at Trellisrower8892Dined on 2/28/2014We were seated at the far end of the outdoor covered area / patio on a cold and somewhat windy night in late February. It was cold enough due to drafts coming through the cover that we had to keep our jackets on. Eventually the heat was turned up enough where we ended up too warm. The food was good but nothing special considering the price and temperature problems. We enjoyed a nice lunch there on a warm day on our last visit. However, we don't plan to go back for dinner given all of the other great options on the eastside and in Seattle.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceForeignerInSeattleVIPDined on 2/27/2014We have been 3 times in Trellis. It never deceives you. Excellent wine list and kitchen. Special attention to the cheese plate, a fantastic tasting experience. Filet mignon was cooked perfectly. Ingredients are of superior quality most of them grown by the chef himself. Some flavours reminded us of great European restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid all the way around forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/17/2014Solid all the way around for lunch - service, food and setting. The homemade potato chips were amazing - super light, super thin and nice and warm. Have had nothing like them before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the TrellisobservwithcareDined on 2/15/2014My adult children and I had an exceptional experience at the Trellis recently. We were served with great attention, enthusiasm, and information. The food was superb. And our conversations with executive chef Brian both delightful and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie foods in KirklandWacGenDined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's day menu was full of great choices - it was tough to choose actually. Everything was expertly prepared and tasty. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FeChefDined on 2/9/2014What a great dinner! Took my BF there for his birthday because we were staying at the Heathman. On Sundays & Mondays, they have a 3-course for $33 dollar dinner meal--with ALL wines 50% off! Our waitress let us do two apps & an entree because we didn't want to order dessert-nice! The blue cheese salad, the cheese plate and the hangar steak were all quite memorable. This could be our new special occasion place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodpammDined on 1/30/2014The food is consistently good at Trellis. Small, quiet, pleasant, well run. The Lemon Sage Flan is marvelous. Amazing.Special Features:
- Delightful Food and StaffmimiDined on 1/28/2014I was gastronomically delighted by the snails prepared in a wine reduction. The pork loin chop was cooked to a perfect medium temp although rather plain as there was little or no seasoning. Impressive was how the chef could make cooked Kale taste so good. My friends Filet was so delicious and tender not a bit was left on the plate. The staff was very knowledgable and very attentive. You could tell they actually like the food they are selling and seem to enjoy being there. I also like the fact that the chef tries to use vegetables from his large garden. I will be dining there again, hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experience!AmorahRDined on 1/27/2014A friend of mine and I visited Trellis as a first-time experience for both of us - we were delighted! Even though we visited on a wintery January evening, we were able to sit on the enclosed and heated patio, making for a feeling of spaciousness to our meal. Our server, Holly, was attentive, helpful and honest when asked for her recommendations and her reasoning behind them. A plus was that the wines were 50% off that evening so we were able to thoroughly enjoy a premium red wine without guild - exquisite idea! Our food was quite good, although both of us felt our meats had the flavor and texture of stewed meat where we expected a more steak-like appearance and texture. Everything was fresh and eye-appealing. We will both return gladly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superb!cek2014Dined on 1/26/2014Excellent selection, yes farm fresh. Exceptional unique specials. Unusual combinations but that is what made the dinner memorable. Slightly pricey on the specials but worth experiencing. A definite restaurant worth recommending and returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One the best breakfast places in KiFoodie34Dined on 1/23/2014We hardly go out for breakfast/brunch on Eastside sincewe left disappointed moat often. However, Trellis may have changed our mind.I ordered steak and eggs and it was wonderful ot was cooked to my liking (the very 1st time) and our food had flavor not just salt! Coffee was tasty and the service was very smooth. We will be back and have already told many of our friends to give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary JoyMerelymelDined on 1/14/2014The meal and the service from our waitress was wonderful. The only downside was the meal was fired right after we received our appetizers. The kitchen staff that delivered it to the table received a glare from the waitress who said 'I didn't fire that'. They did ask if we would accept dinner then and I said yes because I thought it was better than having it under a lamp for another 15 minutes while we savored our salad & cheese plate. I'd ordered scallops, I accepted it so they wouldn't over cook. If they'd emphatically stated they would bring me new mains, we would have gone that route. All in all, we saved our cheese for a post-main dish before dessert which was ok but we did feel like it rushed us more than we'd hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special EveningScottDined on 1/12/2014I took a group of friends out to celebrate a birthday. We arrived for a lovely happy hour and then had their prix fixe menu for dinner. Half price bottles enabled us to try a couple of stellar wines. Local sourcing and great preparation made this a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Nightmlp3151VIPDined on 1/5/2014Trellis offers a fine dinner menu. Good selection with additional ala carte choices. On Sunday they have half price wine. On any selection. A great way to have wonderful bottles you might not ordinarily order. The downside in my mind is no ambience/character.. Unless you are seated in the back area it feels like tables and chairs at any lunch restaurant. It deserves better for the level of food and service. Would go again but only for the Wine special on Sunday.Special Features: