220 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trellisrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (425) 284-5900
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am; Weekends: 6:00am-2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm; Weekends: Additional lunch items to Weekend Breakfast menu available from 10:00am until 2 pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
CRUSH HOUR: Daily from 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
THE FRONT PORCH AT THE HEATHMAN:
Open June - October, 7 Days a week (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Scheehser, a James Beard Award Nominee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site catering for groups over 8 people are held at The Heathman Hotel. Our Private Dining Sales Managers are seasoned professionals in the art of planning and executing parties for any and all social and corporate occasions. We are dedicated to surpassing your expectations and making each event or festivity distinctive, graceful and memorable. Private Dining fare is provided exclusively through Trellis and consists of the same offerings you would enjoy while dining in the actual restaurant. Experience a unique event or meeting at The Heathman Hotel, where service is truly an art.
- Private Party Facilities: Within The Heathman Hotel is The San Juan Ballroom. Divisible into three sections for a total of 2,100 square feet, the Ballroom is a chic, elegant venue. The ballroom features modern chandeliers and ambient spot lighting, enhanced by a window wall of natural lighting, warming the teak paneling and stylish décor. This ballroom can be transformed into a sophisticated setting for weddings, receptions or corporate galas. Other event space include the beautiful 600 square-foot Cascade Room with adjoining 400 square-foot Library, as well as several private rooms ranging from 320-530 square feet. All are flexible, free flowing event spaces that can be set up in a variety of styles and layouts. Rooms feature Sharp Aquos Interactive Boards, which may be used for projection or power point presentations. Interior colors and touches are focused on warm, neutral colors with textures of rich caramel and brown shades.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda Jensen (425)284-5912 x
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for Trellis is provided within The Heathman Hotel. There is additional street parking surrounding Trellis & The Heathman Hotel.
Live within a 4 mile radius & have a confirmed reservation? Our chauffeurs will be happy to escort you to & from your location in our luxury, Hybrid SUV for free!
A word from Trellis
Trellis is a wine country style restaurant featuring innovative farm to table cuisine – much of it grown in Chef Brian Scheehser’s 10 acre farm in Woodinville. Trellis offers a farm-fresh, robust menu that evolves with the seasons in providing only food and drink that celebrate small scale, artisan products at the height of their seasonal quality. Trellis has an enviable Kirkland downtown location at The Heathman Hotel.Continued
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
3 for 33: JOIN US AT TRELLIS SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS FOR A 3 COURSE SEASONAL MENU FOR $33.
SUNDAY & MONDAY NIGHTS- Any bottle of wine on our list at 1/2 price.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trellis reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (39)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (31)good for groups (29)romantic (24)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bad Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014I am a frequent diner at Trellis. Saturday may have been an anomaly. The food quality wasn't as good - I had the Brook Trout. And, the service was fair (at best). I'm going to assume this was just an "off" night and try again. I had just eaten there about 3 weeks earlier - and everything was SUPERB.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend TrellisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Lively yet comfortable atmosphere whether eating in the bar or the adjacent restaurant. The service was great. The Penn Cove mussels were truly outstanding as was the duck breast. We will definitely be returning to try other menu items. This restaurant deserves its five star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PookieDined on 11/15/2014First time at Trellis. Going later in the evening is much louder however you may avoid noisy children. We went before a Kirkland Performance Center event, chosen for its close proximity, Jacob was our waiter and did a fabulous job. He was knowledgeable and professional. The squash soup and charred tomato soup was excellent. Clams were good. The filet mignon and halibut dishes were fabulous. We will definitely return to the Trellis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfuldamandoliDined on 11/9/2014Food, staff everything was wonderful. $33 Sunday and Monday is very generous and the wine list is amazing at 1/2 Price! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weds Night DinnerssamtDined on 11/5/2014Went there for a date, got seated quickly and our server made sure we were offered drinks. I was disappointed that they didn't have any specials. Started with the lamb carpaccio and beet salad, both were wonderful and fairly light. My date had the trout which was cooked perfectly and I had the tenderloin tips, also well prepared. Dessert was profiteroles and a rosemary ice cream, which were excellent. Our server was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Great service, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The service was very attentive and friendly. The food isn't bad, but it it isn't as good as other similar restaurant farm-to-table cuisine options on the east side. I had the butternut squash ravioli (pasta a bit thick with very small serving of squash inside, my homemade version is better) and beet salad (good). Maybe try Trellis for a happy hour before committing to a meal.Special Features:
- Turn down the lghtsLunchontheLakeDined on 10/30/2014Always good food but for dinner the place is so li up it is almost uncomfortable. Don't want a place so dark you can't read the menus, but I don't want to feel like I am under a spotlight either. Tone down the lights with smaller bulbs! Trout is superb. Lemon flan also excellent. Service was fine on server's schedule...but when one diner asked for parmigiana cheese, it took 2 requests and finally a busser to bring it. Server asked one person is she wanted a second drink (who said no) and then never bothered to ask anyone else. It had been a long time since we were there because of similar complaints before. It will be a linger time until we are there again,Special Features:
- Nice Quiet LunchhikinggalDined on 10/29/2014My friend and I ate here during Restaurant Week, so we had the price fixed menu. I had the omelet and my friend had the portabella mushroom burger. Everything was very yummy and the apple sorbet for dessert was AMAZING! We got to eat outside and the sun was shining, it was a perfect laid back lunch. I thought the drinks were a tad on the high side, but probably on par with the area. I would definitely eat here again for lunch or for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysRun2EatDined on 10/27/2014Trellis did not disappoint in the food and wine department - they never do! We had the special, a king salmon dish that was amazing. I have food allergies as well, and the chef is always great with modifications in such a way that my dinner is never any less special than anyone else at the table. It's one of the reasons I go there time after time. The only issue this time was that we had a 6:30 reservation and we were not seated until 7:00, after I had to go and prod them. Never had this issue, but I was dining with a customer and that was a little tough. Outside of that, they were... "great, as always".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful...damandoliDined on 10/27/2014Thank you for the great selection of Restaurant week choices! So yummy! The staff is gracious and professional, friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Slipped a bit from past qualitylahayneDined on 10/25/2014Overall the dining experience was fine and we had a good meal. We've come here many times in the past and have noticed a slight dip in the food quality. Nothing specific but nothing spectacular either. We miss some of the old gems, like the cassoulet and the country pate platter. Beware of the escargot; pretty disappointing.Special Features:
- Chef Brian is Awesome!SeahawksFanDined on 10/24/2014I just loved the atmosphere at this place. From the "signature" drinks assembled by mixologist Joseph, to the seafood soup (enough for 2 so expect to take some home if alone) to the service afforded by Jacob my server; everything was superbly presented. Chef Brian is a most gracious host as he was very accepting when I interjected at his table of celebrity chefs to introduce myself. He is a man with an excellent sense of humour and talent in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!SheriffDined on 10/22/2014We attended during the Dine Around Seattle promotion. Food was excellent, service exceptional. I say this, because the ran out of a dessert we wanted to have ...... asked if I could pick it up later in the week. No problem ! Went by 2 days later, the manager from the evening we dined had made all the arrangements ! Definitely will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a regular at Trellis.SailnshipDined on 10/22/2014I have eaten there many times. It is a lovely local place that that provides the feeling of something special. The food is always good. If you have food allergies, make a reservation so it can be noted in the computer. I have had some trouble with receiving food that I have specified verbally is an allergen for me. The manager recently told me to make a reservation - even just before arriving - so the wait staff will have the info provided to them. They do have gluten-free bread that tastes good, but it doesn't work very well for a sandwich as it breaks apart too easily. If you are allergic to gluten, you can order the sorbet which is very good. Tell them to skip the cookie. I have received the cookie with my sorbet too many times.Special Features:
- Untasty pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The size is not big if you are hungry. My daughter's pasta was smelling and tasting like heavy onion. There was no garlic taste in it. She left hungry. Waiter was very nice to accommodate kitchen's mistake. I would not go there again.Special Features:
- Great food, average serviceWiseFamilyDined on 10/19/2014We were sat on time by a wonderful hostess who explained Restaurant Week and the chef offerings. The food was delicious and the portions generous. The wine list was extensive with many wonderful offerings.Special Features:
- Great!perfectsundaynightoutDined on 10/12/2014Our party of six had a wonderful evening. The waitress was attentive and pleasant. Love the Sunday night specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummableYummableDined on 10/10/2014Food was delicious. I wanted to eat more but ran out of room. My family enjoyed every last bite. This is a place where when you are going out for an evening of adventure, fits the enjoyment bill perfectly, but is a bit high on the cost bill.Special Features:
- johnc5215VIPDined on 10/9/2014Wait staff is warm and friendly and competent. Food is the best reason for coming. Service is a tad slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly not as good as hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014Since moving to Kirkland recently we had been longing to go to Trellis as we heard great things about it. Service was great, menu and wine selections were enticing, portions sufficient, but food for all of us (2 couples) was disappointingly under-seasoned. The flavors just weren't there. We'll be back just to see if our first experience was a one-off...Special Features:
- Great Spot in KirklandRopsonnaDined on 9/29/2014Great wine selection, great food. It is nice, fine restaurant for a neighborhood in Kirkland. Small yet simply elegant.Special Features:
- Great deal!OutandaboutDined on 9/28/2014Go on a Sunday or Monday evening and you get 3 courses for $33 and half off any bottle of wine! You are not limited in your selections either. Our server (and the kitchen) was very accommodating to our making it 4 courses by sharing our 2 starters, i.e. flatbread as an appetizer and salad to start. The flatbread was outstanding with the chef's own garden produce. The shrimp pomodoro was remarkable in the size of the wild shrimp and again the home-grown flavor of the tomato sauce on the pasta. Hangar steak was fabulous on a bed of diced turnips. Everything was beautifully presented. Everyone was so nice and accommodating, very professional. We were so full from dinner that they let us wait and come back for our dessert later!Special Features:
- Tasty Times at TrellisWineandDine49Dined on 9/26/2014We have dined at Trellis many times both lunch and dinner. Every time we are impressed with the staff, ambiance and most important the food! The seasonal specials are always spectacular and the regular menu items are great every time! They also have a very adaptable menu for vegan and gluten free diets. I always recommend Trellis to all my friends if they are looking for a great restaurant in the Kirkland area. The prices for lunch are reasonable and dinner is on the middle to higher end and worth every penny! I also love that they grow most of their own produce and supplement it with local organic farmers produce. Everything is as fresh as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCloyneVIPDined on 9/16/2014Trout dish was cooked perfectly and preparation with crispy basil, dried tomato's and light sauce was delicious. Server was pleasantly attentive and engaging! Outdoor dining on a warm day just adds to overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Dining with guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Food: The food was amazing and impressed our guests visiting from China. I highly recommend the Seafood stew, absolutely stuffed with Seafood and really highlights the gems of Northwest cuisine. The wine list could definitely be better. Only a small selection, and the one I ordered they did not have. Ambiance: It was a nice evening so we sat outside. I would not repeat, major bus through way so it was very noisy and smelled of exhaust. I have ate inside before and it wasn't too noisy. Service: The server was nice and offered good recommendations however she had the entire patio to herself so it was very, very slow. Not her fault, I consider it a management fault that they didn't properly staff.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerBonnieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a pleasant dinner for a birthday occasion. It was quiet, pleasant service and a nice variety of food selections. Also enjoyed our shared dessert. Food was attractively served and nicely seasoned. Recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- AddyDined on 8/23/2014Our group b-day dinner at Trellis was very nice. The food was excellent...portion sizes were good (except maybe for the chicken, it was a little on the small side). Service was friendly and attentive...our water glasses never went empty. If we go here again, I think that perhaps I would prefer to sit inside. The outdoor seating is by a fairly busy intersection and the motorcycles, cars and buses can be a little noisy. Also, there were times when people were smoking on the sidewalk and it was very noticeable to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-- but...dbbbDined on 8/22/2014We have all been to this restaurant many times and had a good experience with appetizers and drinks. This time we tried it for a dinner. Server was great and explained dishes and serving well. The only issue was the meal took over an hour to be served after we ordered, and she never said a word about why.... 2 other tables who ordered after us were served 1st..... and it was rather surprising to not be told why the delay for our party of 8. The quality of the food and our meals was outstanding, so that was truly the only issue but it was enough to impact the experience some of us had.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSbkangDined on 8/20/2014Both food and service were great. I would definitely come back, especially if I have guests to entertain.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We decided to try this for our 8 year anniversary. We loved the service we got and it was a nice little place to have a quiet place to celebrate. The food was good and had a nice presentation. We weren't "wow'd" by it but we don't have anything bad about it. I do like that they have a story behind the ingredients they use; grown, harvested and used by them. The dessert was amazing though. We got the house made apple pie with cinnamon swirl ice cream and house made caramel. It was so delicious and perfect to share. I would go back just for a late night cocktail and dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner experience!2couplesoutDined on 8/19/2014Our waitress gave great recommendations from the menu. She was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch visitRomaKindDined on 8/19/2014Very enjoyable - great food, very comfortable, awesome space.Special Features:
- Always a PleasurerickDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten there several times. We had a guest in from out of town and Trellis did not dissapoint. Mondays they are offering a very nice three course menu for $33 and half price bottles of wine - this was a pleasant discovery. We will be back.Special Features:
- Celebration destinationGTSLDined on 8/17/2014Went with friends to celebrate 3 birthdays and 2 retirements. Amazingly attentive service and delicious food. Server took special care to help my friend pick the perfect wine pairing. We received a special desert for our celebration. Outstanding all around.Special Features:
- Going bad ...ChrisZVIPDined on 8/11/2014We have been to Trellis many many times in the past few years but lately the food and service has been slipping. Price-performance ratio is very poor.Special Features:
- LGLODined on 7/30/2014Asked for grilled chicken to be added on the side of a $15 salad. They charged us $9 just for the added chicken. A bit miffed about the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1037 reviews are from the Trellis reviews archive.
- Great food, outstanding serviceCleoVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I dined at Trellis on a Sunday evening and chose their 3 courses from their fixed-price menu. The first course was outstanding and was such a large serving that I almost forgot that we had 2 more courses coming. The second course arrived with a cream sauce on my wife's trout, which was NOT described that way in the menu. Unfortunately, my wife can't eat dairy. When we mentioned it to the waitress, she immediately took it back and brought out another trout without cream sauce -- a split-second fix that pleased both of us very much. Both the second and third courses were delightful, and the accompanying wine was delicious. We recommend Trellis highly for the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a bad night for TrellisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Our first visit, Arrived early for our reservation and sat at the bar. Bartender seemed annoyed, unhappy, and clearly overworked. once seated we sat forever with an empty table. picked wine they were out of, no problem found a substitute. Ordered 3 entrees one for each of us and a risotto to share. The mussels were good but we had to ask for forks. My wife's Salmon was excellent. My "Prime NY" was anything but. to start it was very tough. Costco prime NY we had the week before (I over cooked them to medium-well we could still cut with a butter knife) were amazing. My steak was chewy, I had to saw on it with a steak knife it was thin, pink was scarce flavor was off... very unsatisfying for an almost $40 steak. Now Dessert was Amazing!
- Underwhelming Servicelala98033VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was a special occasion dinner - a wedding celebration. We chose Trellis for its creative menu, casual ambience and outdoor dining. Although our food was delicious, the entire experience was marred because of the poor and slow service. Excruitiatingly slow. At one point, our guest remarked "Will we have to wait until breakfast for our meal?". After our food was finally delivered, the server did not come back to check on us. I am not sure what was happening that night (and even if there was something going on), but we felt ignored. Such a disappointment.Special Features:
- Unimpressedval73Dined on 7/11/2014Nice location and the food was good, other than my over cooked steak. Service was horrible.Special Features: