1077 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trellisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (650) 326-9028
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Madrid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering from individual to corporate. Please see our catering menu from the website.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms with own bar and terrace dining with 80 seating capacity. Perfect place for wedding rehearsals, holiday parties and corporate events.
- Private Party Contact: Kurt 6503269028
A word from Trellis Restaurant
Trellis with the truly unique upstairs patio, Trellis offers, "al fresco dining" along with it many other charms. The new low carb seasonal menu, the vibrant specials and the daily homemade bread, soups and desserts are tantalizing. A warm-comfortable dining room and banquet-catering facilities with 2 full bars, insure that Trellis is the choice for any occasion. Banquet facilities are available for groups from 10 to 120 guests and the Chef will gladly consult on any special banquet catering needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trellis Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)romantic (11)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Will be coming here againDiningOnTheRoadDined on 10/29/2014Hosted a party of six for a business lunch. The waiter was very attentive and helpful. He answered all of our questions and had some great recommendations as few of us had ever dined there. The food was very well prepared and had an excellent flavor and presentation. It was a excellent dining experience and I plan on returning during my next trip to Menlo Park.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Food was wonderful, service very slow but very nice. Had the spaghetti, beef bourginon, cannelloni - all were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our local favorites....pamjayonfirDined on 10/24/2014Always a treat going to Trellis---excellent staff (this time Mila took wonderful care of us!) & fine food. Love the salmon & the veal cannelloniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findFinedinesartDined on 10/12/2014The Trellis was recommended to me by a customer of mine. I was looking for a non chain good restaurant in Menlo Park or Palo Alto. I wanted a good experience for a small family celebration. The menu for both are food & wine was very good. We were 6, each ordering something different all our choices were excellent. The service location & ambiance all fit what we were looking for. I would definitely return & recommend to friends & clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014This was the first time at Trellis and we both enjoyed our meals. The pasta and the veal were good and the service was excellent. We will go back again when we are in Menlo Park.
- good food, quiet placepvpartyDined on 9/23/2014We were here on a Tuesday evening. Not too many people, but a very friendly welcoming. A bit cool to sit outside, so dinner inside. Good, solid traditional Italian food, 3 1/2. Very good service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of our favorites on the PeninsulapamjayonfirDined on 9/22/2014We had a very nice lunch with the girls up on the beautiful open terrace. Jorge gives the best service & owner/mgr Kurt always stops by to say Hi & check on our experience. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Barb2Dined on 9/20/2014The food was fabulous. We arrived with a reservation and were given a not very nice table. I said we had a reservation (for a special occasion) but no one asked for my name. It was 10 minutes before the waiter came to our table. We asked for menus and said we wanted a drink first. Ten minutes later we were brought menus and after another five or so minutes our drink order was taken. It took a while for the drinks to come. We arrived at 7:20 and got our drinks at 7:55Experinced. We were never shown the beautiful upstairs patio dining space. I am not a complainer but this was ridiculously embarrassing. We ordered dinner and were served in an appropriate amount of time and it was fantastic. Would not recommend because of the rude service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Waitress with poor social skills, food quality like shoney's; there was good reason it was mostly empty.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been here several times and, as usual, the food was delicious. We started with the soup, and then had the grilled salmon with a sun-dried tomato sauce (a dish I hadn't tried before). The portions are always a good size, and was able to save half for lunch the next day. The service was impeccable - our server was available but didn't hover. Again, a lovely meal and experience. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the Wine CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014We drive one hour to this special restaurant-- because the food, service and outdoor dining area is just wonderful. The service is perfect, the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerDaveinCvilleDined on 8/31/2014The food was great, the service was tops, and we really enjoyed dining the roof-top dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerJeanDined on 8/31/2014My guest and I had a lovely dinner, the restaurant was pretty full but not noisy. The food was delicious - sometimes a bit slow out of the kitchen. We will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Good European FoodMezzoDined on 8/22/2014Excellent French and Italian dishes. I loved the Boeuf Bourguinon. Overall each dish was prepared well and I am happy to find a nice restaurant with classic food. I was disappointed with the warm Zabalgione, the combination was messy, overflowing out of the glass. Using sorbet instead of vanilla ice cream would be a better combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly good servicedinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014The service was excellent probably due to the pleasant presence of the owner who could be observed watching over all. The pasta course was excellent, light and flavorful. The orange, beet and endive salad a tasty, refreshing appetizer. The apple tart for desert was full of apples and the ice cream served just at the right temperature, not frozen hard as a brick and not mushy, a complement to the warm apple tart.Special Features:
- Great food, always comfortable.sp4MendyDined on 8/3/2014We go to Trellis at least once a month--typically with our adult children and grandchildren. The food is always outstanding, and the staff bends over backwards to make sure that the kids have booster seats, high chairs and food that they will eat (usually with extra plates). The menu is very good, and the prices for the food and wine offerings are very reasonable.Special Features:
- EXcellent meal!!PaloAltolocalDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a well prepared and very tasty dinner--Italian standards well prepared. Service is prompt and friendly. Chef is not trying to invent great art--just serve good food. And conversation is pleasant and POSSIBLE!! Convenient to get to with plenty of parking nearby.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Trellis Restaurant reviews archive.
- An Italian Food OasisBigEdDined on 7/29/2014Although not located in the main restaurant/shopping area, this fine neighborhood restaurant is worth going out of your way for. The food is very good. My wife's pasta was made to perfection and my Sole was outstanding. We were served by a charming and efficient waitperson and had a very enjoyable eating experience. We look forward to visiting again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLindaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful sitting outdoors in their patio surrounded by beautiful planters and grape vines. The was wonderful and the service was very attentive. I will continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite MUST in menlo ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Our first visit to Trellis in Menlo Park was OUTSTANDING. The owner greeted and seated us at a nice table on the terrace. The terrace itself was quite nice. The tables were NOT to close together so having a conversation was easy. The wait staff was very attentive and offered suggestions. We started with the Susie's Downfall ravioli - a definite MUST. The 3 of us shared this an it was amazing. I had the lamb chops, which were cooked to perfection. They were served with potato puree and veggies. Fabulous flavor. My dining mates both had the steak. They were thriled with their meals as well. Dessert was cream carmel and zabigione. Both were outstanding. I can not wait to go back. I highly recommend this venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Trellis is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The service was excellent, food was delicious. ("Susan's downfall" ravioli are amazing!) Good wine selections, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great experiencesNapaValleyFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I've had lunch and dinner at Trellis for more than a decade. Always a great experience. The menu is extensive and interesting, and everything is delicious. There are some gems in the menu, such as "Susan's Downfall", that are a real treat. The host/owner and staff are friendly, and they make guests feel welcome. The service is efficient and attentive. There are several rooms suitable for events (I had a large party there), and the deck on second-floor is very pleasant and quiet for outdoor dining. There's parking across the street in an underground garage and a few spaces behind the restaurant. I now live out of the area, but I visit Trellis whenever in Menlo Park. I'm always happy for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableLunchloverDined on 7/14/2014I enjoy sitting on the rooftop patio for lunch. There is plenty of shade. Nice food and service. Always hate to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDBigEdDined on 6/25/2014Although this restaurant has been around for over 7 years, it was totally new to us. There is a very extensive menu with a lot of great looking items. I selected the carpaccio which was excellent, and the Sole. My wife tried the capellini. I tried it and thought it was very good. We had an excellent white wine and their wine list has a fair number of very good labels in both red and white, reasonably priced. We were impressed. It may not be the exotic and complicated offerings of a 3-star French restaurant, but the food is delicious, varied and well prepared. We happily recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Pleasant gathering on the rooftopSusanDined on 6/20/2014Our group of five enjoyed a sun-shaded patio table on the rooftop for our lunch gathering. Service and food were all good. Plenty of indoor seating was also available. Bar is available. Well located in Menlo Park. Will return! Loved my capellini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014We ate outside and it was very nice. The staff were very nice although a little slow at times. The food was disappointing. Over salted, cold in places. Not terrible, just not what I'd expect at those prices.
- Better than expectedSueSueDined on 6/9/2014My daughter wanted to go there for her birthday and we had a great table up on the deck. All of the entrees were better than expected and reasonably priced. We will return more often. The outdoor dining is really quite perfect, warm but shady and out of the wind.Special Features:
- busybevVIPDined on 6/1/2014Duck was very tender but sauce on it was too salty (and I like salt). Fish was cooked right but lacked flavor.
- We were the only people herestanfordprofDined on 5/28/2014It must be because of the food which was mediocre at best. At least it was quiet since we were the only people in the joint (a bad omen).
- Good restaurant, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2014Trellis is a great place to eat if you have lots of time to sit and enjoy their lovely rooftop deck. I wouldn't recommend it for a quick meal, and eating outside is definitely nicer than inside. The food is good, and the people are nice, but the service has been super slow every time we've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedJamonJamonDined on 5/11/2014We stayed inside because the night was cold, so we didn't considered the outdoor. The interior however needs some update, that's why ambiance has 3 stars. The best, the staff, as said for some of the reviewers. The worst, we waited quite a bit for the food. Probably not enough workers in the kitchen when the restaurant is almost full. Food is good, as the food you will cook at home. Portions are also big. So this is not about having a culinary experience but a satisfying, correct meal for the right price.Special Features:
- DoryDined on 5/11/2014I've had lunch and dinner at this restaurant, and have had a great experience each time.Special Features:
- Romantic date nightNatalieVIPDined on 5/2/2014I found this restaurant randomly through Google, and so glad I did! We had a prawn appetizer, braised beef and linguine with clams as our entrees. We sat next to the window looking out onto the street. Very romantic! I'd go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRELLISOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2014Great neighborhood lunch place, especially for Work lunch and lunch meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ItalianFoodsyDined on 3/28/2014Trellis is a very friendly restaurant with good food, attentive service, and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good and a wideAlexDined on 3/15/2014food was very good and a wide choice of entrees. a professional bar person would be helpful; sauces require more variety.Special Features:
- I don't usually take the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014I don't usually take the time to review much. But we love this restaurant especially for lunch during the week. Food is very good. Fits a large group nicely. Upstairs patio is especially nice at lunch. We most recently went to celebrate a colleagues new job.Special Features:
- the service was very attentiveotgalVIPDined on 2/28/2014the service was very attentive and the food delicious. they were very accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time was just as goodCellarSnobVIPDined on 2/24/2014I really like this little restaurant...it's great for business lunches. The food is good and I look forward to working my way through their menu. What stands out for me with the restaurant is really their service - it's very very good. Their attention to detail really makes a difference and as a former Server.... I really appreciate what they do.Special Features:
- Valentine's day bustluvasunnidayVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went here for Valentine's day expecting a romantic italian dinner. Unfortunately, they were overcrowded, under-staffed and had a very small version of their typical menu to choose from. We feel like we did not get to fully experience the restaurant which is upsetting because we love small, italian eateries. We finally looked at their normal menu they use daily and discovered they were charging TWICE the amount for each dish just because it was Valentine's day. So wrong. We will not be returning.