438 Clovis Avenue
Clovis, CA 93612Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.treliorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5592970783x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30PM -8:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Shackelford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Upscale Local Cuisine. Both sit-down and buffet style. Hors d"Oeuvres Receptions and Large Formal Events
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant may be reserved privately with groups of 20 or more with minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Shackelford 5592970783x
A word from Trelio Restaurant
Trelio Restaurant is a small upscale regional American restaurant that specializes in refined comfort foods and innovative cooking techniques. All products are sourced locally from farmers, ranchers and markets. Trelio's large wine list is made up of rare gems from all over California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trelio Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Clovis ›
Trelio Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (9)romantic (8)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet of sole was quite good - not excellent. The steak had good flavor, but not nearly as tender as filet mignon. It was sliced and one of the pieces had gristle. It was cooked rare just like it was ordered. The bread pudding for desert was wonderful. Servers were very cheerful and attentive.Special Features:
- Trelio is a gem in ClovisenigmataDined on 5/31/2014Been to Trelio several times over the past few years... excellent food with great wine pairings. On the list of the entrees that stand out are the espresso roast duck and the french onion soup!Special Features:
- Best in the areaCalrn57Dined on 5/23/2014Our experience at Trelio was the best we have had in the Fresno/Clovis area in awhile. Our steaks were cooked to perfection with wonderful flavor. There is a great variety of good wine to choose from, service was great. Dessert was also perfect, if you go, try the blueberry bread pudding, it was the perfect ending to our meal. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Trelio Restaurant reviews archive.
- First time visit.renerVIPDined on 4/17/2014I heard a lot about this place and finally got to try it out. Emily was our host and server...she is awesome. Great wine recommendations at a solid price. Started with crab cakes. Kind of small for an appetizer but tasty. My guest ordered the veal meatloaf, the flat iron steak and I had the lamb. We all shared and compared. The meatloaf was good, but wasn't "oh wow", I don't know how it could have been made better but it was missing a little something (in my opinion) My guest loved the meatloaf. Maybe I am more traditional. The flat iron steak was very tasty and was the nights winner. My lamb was not medium and was just average although the portion was plenty. The chef came out to say "hello", which is always a nice touch. Will come back.Special Features:
- fine diningDeebsDined on 2/25/2014this was my third time visiting Trelios.their food always looks and tastes just like the stuff you see on Iron Chef.they have a very small menu. But everything on it is very good.if you done here be prepared to choose from about 6 to 7 dinners that are quite different what you'd find in any other restaurant.my only complaint is that I ordered a class of wine and got about an ounce of wine.I'm sure that's probably what it is customary in an upscale restaurant.but I couldn't help to Feel a little jipped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.luv2fishDined on 2/14/2014The Valentine's menu and food not nearly as good as the regular menu. Some of the wine pairings did not match food. Overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JewelMickDined on 12/4/2013We have been there twice within a few months. It was very good the first time and even better this time. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Good, not greatAronDined on 11/16/2013This is now the third time I have visited Trelio in the last 4years. The previous two times that we visited, the food was great. This last time we ordered the boar belly, and it was awfully dry. I understand that boar will not be as fatty as pork, however, it was like eating overcooked pot roast. Flavor was good, too dry though. Our fish entrees were moist and delightful. The wine list is great, and it is a great romantic restaurant. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable, however when we got our bill at the end of the night, they listed the bottle of wine on the receipt without charging us for it. But then they charged it on the card, without any word mentioned. Just thought they could have said something....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrelioTrelioDined on 10/9/2013This restaurant was not anything like the reviews or the "restaurant write-up". This is not comfort food - this is gourmet fine dining food! We had a very picky eater with us at dinner and I was very worried she would not find anything to suit her pallet. However, we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Outstanding. The other contradiction to the write up vs the actual experience. This is an ala carte restaurant so price is not $$ - it was $$$ to $$$$. I understand the restaurant changed hands - and this might account for the changes, but someone should really update the listing on Open Table. Had I known this was 'fine dining' and $$$ we would have chosen a different restaurant because of the size of our party. But it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sweet small restaurantBarbDined on 9/27/2013Never been to Clovis-Fresno before. This place was a real find for dinner. Just good food!Special Features:
- great eveningroweboatDined on 9/26/2013My wife and I again had a very wonderful evening. The service was excellent, the food was the best and the room was just right for us to celebrate bet birthday in a quite very nice way. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative, delicious menu2EagereatersDined on 7/19/2013We've dined here before, we are always excited to see what local, seasonal specialties are offered. They didn't disappoint this time, offering in addition to their usual outstanding beef, lamb and fish choices, frog legs and oxtails. Many reasonably priced wines on their extensive wine list. I'd definitely recommend Trelio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "gem" in ClovisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013The restaurant was very accomodating eventhough we showed up at 8PM. The service was impeccable and very attentive. The food was delightful. I would highly suggest this restaurant to whom ever lives or is visiting Clovis.Special Features:
- This was an outstanding meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2013This was an outstanding meal. The chef does a wonderful job creating flavorful and very well balanced meals. The dessert (flourless chocolate torte) was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Great place to have in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Great place to have in downtown Clovis....a gem. Recommend this for a special occasion due to price. Food and wine list are exceptional. A place you would expect to find in a big city like SF or downtown Denver. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Delicious food, great service, made it a very memorable meal. We had brought our own bottle of white and they didn't seem to have a corkage fee. Classy elegant dining yet very comfortable relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- This was my first trip toDaviesDined on 3/20/2013This was my first trip to Trelio and was not disappointed. Each dish was carefully prepared, and everyone in the dining party was impressed with the flavors and presentations. The wines were delightful, and we all appreciated the pacing of the dining experience. Well done!Special Features:
- The best you will find fordavidbVIPDined on 3/2/2013The best you will find for many miles around. The freshest-best tasting food reminds you of how food is supposed to taste. Pretty hard to beat no matter where you travel-well worth a try!!Special Features:
- A favorite fit for the big leaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013Another outstanding meal with perfect service. This place just warms my heart all the way around. They treat you like part of the family but celebrate you in a first-class way as a valued customer. I would trust my most important occasions to this restaurant. I have spent all my birthdays in recent history at this restaurant. Amazing wines selected my former somm and current co-owner, Chris. Fit for foodies and wine snobs, amongst whom I include myself.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD LOUSY SERVICE & ATTITUDEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2013Our original server switched to someone else and things went downhill. The person who took over our table was a male server, most likely the owner. He was VERY busy and hyper. My wine glass had a smudge on it and he insisted it was "polished" and proceeded to pour wine (a bottle we brought with us) into it. I asked him to stop and he was upset and took it away. After bringing a new glass I had asked what happened to the other. I wanted to offer it to him to taste. He became quite rude. I mentioned he seemed very anxious and that I was the customer. Although he agreed with both statements we did leave after our appetizer and salad. By the way, both were excellent. Food great - service and attitude terrible.
- Outstanding meal! Chef extremelyHunt4theBestDined on 2/6/2013Outstanding meal! Chef extremely creative - the savory Cinnamon Butternut Ravioli with browned sage brown butter sauce was to die for!!! Truly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent choices for selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/30/2013Excellent choices for selection in the menu. Food was out-standing in taste. Great choices for wines, 16-page wine list. Very helpful waiter.Special Features:
- Quite simply the best restaurantBradVIPDined on 1/22/2013Quite simply the best restaurant in the Fresno/Clovis area!Special Features:
- The best in the central valley!!davidbVIPDined on 11/17/2012Always the best of everything you chose-from the bread o the dessert!Special Features:
- Great find for visitors toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/13/2012Great find for visitors to Fresno area or en route to Yosemite.Special Features:
- SpectacleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012Amazing! Hands down the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012This was a unexpected treasure in Fresno. The wine list was extensive and the waiter very knowledgeable about the wines, loads of local choices.Good thing because,they have small beer choices and no liquor. There were 3 of us and we sampled different appetizers and meals. All were handmade and delicious. Loved the use of fresh local produce! The food looked as delicious as it tasted and the portions were generous. Additionally, the chef came out and spoke with us, which we always enjoy.Special Features:
- Food was great but it tookHelenVIPDined on 8/16/2012Food was great but it took great effort to find service to order and pay the bill.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012This was my first visit to Trelio. My sister was visiting from out of town and I didn't want to bring her to one of the "chains" (we both enjoy good food and wine!) Food and service were 5 star. Loved that local ingredients were used-will be back soon!Special Features:
- Awesome selection and intricateCraigBDined on 7/21/2012Awesome selection and intricate menu, will go back!!!!Special Features:
- This is now my third timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2012This is now my third time at this restaurant. I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a great night out with some awesome food.Special Features:
- My new favoritedavidbVIPDined on 6/29/2012The very best fine dining you will find. The food is the freshest and most delicious from the beginning to end. Try it and you will not go back to Flemings or Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- The rotating menu seems toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012The rotating menu seems to have something for everyone from a vegetarian dish to beef, lamb, fish and chicken. It's a real foody type place, so don't expect to go in and get a 3000 cal meal like at the cheesecake factory or something, this is good food, made with good, fresh, local ingredients. It's a very small place, with maybe only 15-20 tables or so, and you can expect the chef to come out and pay a visit, which is a nice touch. They have a very extensive wine selection, as evidenced by their "Wine Spectator" magazine citation as one of the worlds best. So if you are looking for real, good, fresh food and an adult eating atmosphere that is more high end, this is the place to go in Clovis.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012Great food, fantastic service. Very relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best !davidbVIPDined on 6/2/2012I can't tell you how good EVERYTHING is here.From the bread to the dessert you will say it may be the best you have ever had-that's hoe good it is. Forget Ruth's and Flemings, there is no comparison to this restaurant. Try it once and you will agree!!Special Features:
- Menu has something for everyone,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/7/2012Menu has something for everyone, several dishes had a Louisiana flair (Gumbo and Crab cake). Quaint and enjoyable, food was truly a pleasure.Special Features:
- Amazing food. ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012Amazing food. Exceptional wine list. The wine suggested was fabulous. Hadn't been in several years. Was very good years ago, was even better this time.Special Features:
- Over rated! Reception bypetersburg1VIPDined on 3/8/2012Over rated! Reception by sommelier was cold and unwelcoming. Service was extremely slow and we were the first ones there. We willnot go there again.
- Always great after many visitsWineguyDined on 2/2/2012Always great after many visits over the last few yearsSpecial Features:
- We had dinner with friendscalalilyDined on 9/24/2011We had dinner with friends who were celebrating their anniversary.Three of us chose the pork tenderloin and one had the chicken.our dinners were good,but the presentation was uninspired.The salads before dinner were delicious and beautiful.We waited about 15 minutes for out entree to be served after the first course.The sommelier was knowledgeable and very helpful.The ambience was too quiet...some nice background music wouldn't hurt.Special Features: