128 West 26th Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tredicinyc.com/
- Phone: 2122432085
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Fanelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us if you have any inquiries regarding our catering services.
- Cross Street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
- Public Transit: 1 train to 28th St. & 7th Ave. C/E trains to 23rd St. 8th Av. R train to 28th St. & Broadway F/V train to 23rd St. & 6th Av.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking After 7:00 PM On Weekdays, All Day On Weekends, Closet Parking Lot Located On Corner Of 26th & 6th
A word from Tredici Steak
"Chelsea's Best Kept Secret..." Located on the second floor, tre dici STEAK offers a more exclusive dining experience with the same great food and service of its downstairs counterpart. Its un-marked doors and speakeasy looks will make you feel like your part of a private club and instantly take you back to the days of prohibition!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Tredici Steak - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
Tredici Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (35)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (27)good for groups (14)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, great ambiance. Casual and relatively inexpensive. 20-35 for entrees, expect to spend around 200 for two.Special Features:
- Mediocre ribeye steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014My wife and I both ordered the rib-eye steak. The steak was average at best, and needed salt to bring out any flavor in the meat. That is not a ringing endorsement of quality rib-eye. On a more positive note, the appetizer we chose, their version on fried calamari which was seasoned with a buffalo sauce was surprisingly tasty.Special Features:
- nice ambience, good foodSyrFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Decided on this place because it was half a block from our hotel and decent reviews online. Ended up being nicer than I expected. Inside looked a little like a bordello, but it was quiet and relaxed. Tables are far apart from one another so it makes it intimate for a date night spot. Food came quickly and was beautiful presented. The sea bass was excellent, as was the ribeye with the truffle fries. Limited wine list. While our server was very friendly, he was inattentive and never checked on us after our food arrived. I had to track him down to get our check. Prices were very reasonable. Overall a great dinner out in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC's best kept secret steak houseNYCGourmandVIPDined on 8/12/2014Who knew! Atop the "other" Tre Dici but with a separate entrance immediately to the right and an elevator-ride or stairway to the 2nd floor, you will find an outstanding steak place that rivals Keens, Sparks, Ruth's Chris, or Del Frisco's. This place is the bargain of the century with masterfully cut and grilled steaks and chops along with some incredible appetizers, salads and inspired pastas on par with their 1st floor namesake. The prices are easily HALF what the usual steak places charge but along with a turn-of-the-century setting (not unlike Strip House's decor in the Village) and a feeling that you've just walked back in time being here, you've truly discovered one of Manhattan's best kept secrets. It feels like a private club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantGaryVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was my 3rd time to Tredici Steak. I love this place. THey have a simple menu with great choices. THe bartender (an attractive blonde woman) is so friendly and warm. THe staff is super friendly - the hostess, waiter, etc. My favorite part is the ambiance. It feels like you're sitting in a very comfortable living room. The decor is fabulous.Special Features:
- c'etait tres bienarchibaldhddckDined on 8/8/2014l'acces au restaurant est tres amusant, façon club clandestin avec une porte intimidante. l'interieur est charmant, le personnel est adorable et la cuisine tres bonne. Nous avons été trés satisfait de notre soirée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal, nice serviceSeymourVIPDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed the food. It was very good and worth the price. Not exotic enough for my tastes. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Pleasantly surprised by the amazing food. One of the best meals we've had in a long time. The sea bass was incredible.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!JimPVIPDined on 8/5/2014Very cool ambiance. Street traffic is limited because you would never know that the 2nd floor restaurant is there which makes getting a table much easier, at least at the time we dined there. The sea bass was some of the best that I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContiDined on 8/4/2014Been there a few times. This is a great place to have a quiet dinner. The food is always good.Special Features:
- ambience of goodnesssonofelohimDined on 8/2/2014First time dinning at tredici and I was impressed. The atmosphere was calm and romantic. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Definitely dinning there again......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014Pasta and Shrimp came with only two shrimp. 2 Shrimp really, that's the best you can do.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseDiner44VIPDined on 7/14/2014Felt like we went back in time! It was like going to a speak easy from the 20's. It is located next to its sister restaurant but you would not know it. You go in a un-noticed entrance up the stairs to a door located at the end of the hallway with a peep door. There was nothing hidden by this restaurant the food was great our waiter Jacob was topnotch and our bartender was great. She surely knows how to make everyone feel welcomed. The stuffed meatballs were a fantastic surprise. I had a steak that was cooked to perfection and a hefty portion that I could only eat half of the steak that was served with awesome Truffle Fries that literally melted in your mouth. I would definitely recommend this establishment to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningoperafanVIPDined on 7/8/2014Been wanting to go here for a while, because the "hidden entrance" sounded so intriguing and food sounded so good. We were not disappointed. Get the meatballs and kobe beef ravioli and mac & cheese. Even the chicken was excellent! Fig salad was fantastic too. Too full for dessert! Will be back to try the steak and dessert. Loved the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodsickofnougatineDined on 7/7/2014this was a new find for us and a rather good one. the food is fit for foodies . my only complain was that it was too dark in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect DL spotSouthernDined on 7/2/2014This place is so cool.. Loved it lived it loved it!! You gotta check it out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soshesheVIPDined on 6/30/2014Enjoyed the sea bass - it was very good!!! Would go back just for the fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlexibilityfoodsterDined on 6/26/2014We had made a reservation because friends were coming in from out of town. Well, you know how those things change, so we eventually had to change our reservation time and the number of people in our party. The friendly folks at Tre Dici Steak were wonderful and accommodated with ease. And then when another change needed to be made a day later, they were again great to deal with. "Another person? No problem." And when we arrived we were whisked to our table for a wonderful meal and evening.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJoseDined on 6/23/2014The venue is discreet and the decor touching on opulent. Food is great and service is first classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and Food!Ellen111813Dined on 6/21/2014Loved Tredici steak! I ordered the Gin special and it was one of the best drinks I ever had!! Then the meatball appetizer and that was fantastic. Then Amish chicken which was delicious !!! Fantastic dinner, would recommend highly and I look forward to going back. And the icing on the cake was that Adam Richman was filming a show there that night and I adore him!!!Special Features:
- emmaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Love this place everytime we travel to NYC! From the ambiance to the great food, just a fun, relaxing place to have a wonderful meal and still be able to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, tasty, romanticSeanDined on 6/6/2014Getting in through the dark elevator and intimidating door was just the right amount of sketchy - unique without being actually scary. Inside, the room was dim but pretty and comfortable. We took a nice seat by the window (in some very nice chairs) and service was very courteous, if slow. I had the inside out meatballs, which were fantastic, and the kobe beef ravioli, which was very good, but didn't quite shine like the appetizer. The desserts were also excellent - I had a great slice of chocolate raspberry cake and sampled a bit of the layered crepe cake, also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 625 reviews are from the Tredici Steak reviews archive.
- Just go...PeterVIPDined on 5/16/2014I must say this place is fantastic. It's like being transported to another world. The service is great and the food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent !fredrothnyDined on 5/16/2014great food, service, ambience. have been going there for 3 years now, and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- I like, I really likeSteakdevilDined on 5/10/2014I really like this spot. Too my wife there for mother day and we had a blast. The only thing was getting to the 2nd fl is kin for tricky no sign on the door or posting anywhere, restaurant look like a remodel apartment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find.WillowVIPDined on 5/10/2014I was searching on Open Table to find a place not far from Penn Station and where I live (Chelsea). The food was very good and our waiter was terrific. It was set up like a speak easy where you went in an unmarked entrance. I would have never known about this place. The inside out meatball was a great choice. I'd go again,Special Features:
- Calamary at his bestJalaDined on 5/9/2014We had the best calamary since à Long time they were perfectly cook and just spicy anough We also had a peach ang aragula that soooooo good ang our steak was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightNativeNYerinPSVIPDined on 5/8/2014I'm in a new relationship, and going out for drinks and dinner is our "thing." Tre Dici Steak may now be "our place." (Sorry for all the quotes.) Aside from an initially aloof server which concerned me about how the night would go, things turned around with the delivery of the Inside-out Meatball. It is a must. Amazing. We both opted for steaks, him filet mignon, me cowboy ribeye. Both cooked perfectly, both portioned generously. Potato preparations were both awesome - loaded baked potato mashed potatoes and mashed fingerlings. Save room for the 20-layer crepe cake. (Noise level was a bit crazy due to a large party in the vicinity, with one particular member drunk and screeching at a level only dogs can hear. Obnoxious!)Special Features:
- Consistently goodNeighborTDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I recently moved into the area and were looking for a "go to" place for those times when we didn't want to try to hard to find a nice place. This upstairs version of Tre Dici fits the bill because it always has good service and great food, and the servers are always willing to answer questions and do a nice job. Try the stuffed meatballs as an appetizer. Delicious!Special Features:
- Just right1foodienycVIPDined on 4/26/2014The entrance to the upstairs restaurant is nonspecific, in true speakeasy fashion. I could easily walk by the building without ever knowing there was a restaurant there. The main restaurant is quite nice already, though you wouldn't think so if you judge it by the dilapidated block or tattered flag out front. My date was like "where are we going?", and that alone added to the cool factor of the place. When you get upstairs -after entering the apt next door & taking a tiny elevator up- the expediency is awesome. Plush seating, great ambience, friendly unpretentious staff, great food. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left so happy!SuzicakesVIPDined on 4/26/2014Four of us had dinner at Tredici Steak last night. We had an adorable round booth in the rear which was very private and cozy. All of the dishes we had were outstanding! I am tempted to give it 5 stars but that's a really tough one to achieve. We shared appetizers, each had salads and our main courses were all excellent. The desserts were very good. The side order of broccoli rabe came a bit cold and I had to ask for ice 3 times but really none of this mattered much. I would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemparsotronDined on 4/25/2014Great food and knowledgeable service. Booked tre dici for a birthday meal and it was an excellent experience. The steak was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/22/2014I would give it 6 stars for ambience if allowed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealwocaplelVIPDined on 4/18/2014As always a wonderful meal. The food, service and ambience make for an enjoyable meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark place with good/value food!ExcellentVIPDined on 4/17/2014The food is very good. And it's good value. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly (medium) with a very nice polenta that wasn't dried like in most places . I found the restaurant to be very dark though. I beleive the food is well presented but you wouldn't know. The visual experience is impaired. Other than that, the place is very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itWheelerwonDined on 4/17/2014Great food great service. Lamb chops are so good. Also the calamari has a spicy kick!! Hmmm good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, pricy drinksPlinVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food is great and well priced for what you get. Our favorite is the NY strip steak. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret? - No Kidding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014The restaurant looks a little different than how I imagined it would be laid out given the pictures, but it looks/feels boudoir-y and romantic and sexy. We ordered the mac n'cheese appetizer which was phenomenally tasty! We also ordered the filet mignon (awesome - good size filet and flavorful, but could have used a tinge more salt to bring out the flavor) and the duck/mushroom pasta (delicious). Having filled up on the mac n'cheese, we ended up splitting the filet and bringing most of the pasta home with us. While the meal prices are beyond reasonable for NYC, the wine prices were higher than I imagined (cheapest bottle was $40 - not recommended by server, so we got the next-up $52 alternative). Next time I'll do wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was quite average. My husband tried the steak, I tried the kobe ravioli. It was good enough i suppose, just nothing I'd consider going back for. I would have rather paid a little more and gone to a place with better food.
- Great Food.TJiNYDined on 4/1/2014Saw this place on JB Smoove 4 Courses. Well worth the trip. Went with a party of 7 and everyone loved the place and the food. Great Steaks and appetizers.Special Features: