4835 N. Albina
Portland, OR 97217Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trebolpdx.com/
- Phone: 5035179348
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ken E. Hill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Trébol offers off site catering to fit your needs with the passion and integrity that we practice everyday. Please contact us to book your next event with Trébol.
- Entertainment: Trébol offers live Cuban music the 1st Thursday of every month. We also offer d.js on 2nd Thursday of every month and live art, glass-blowing, d.j's the last Thursday of every month.
- Cross Street: Humbolt
- Public Transit: There are two bus stops within a 5 minute walking distance to Trébol that is conveniently located on Albina street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: During weekends at Trébol we have a parking lot one block north on the corner of Alberta and Albina at the Neil Kelley Building. During weekdays it's just off street parking.
A word from Trebol Mexican
Thank you for choosing Trébol Mexican restaurant where we specialize in authentic Oaxacan cuisine and also touch on all regions throughout Mexico. We are 100% seasonal, using local organic produce and change our menu every two weeks. Trébol has one of the largest 100% agave tequila selections in Portland and believes that every great meal should come with a memorable dining experience. Vibrant colors, great service, wonderful food and drinks are Trébol's vision of Mexico in Portland. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trebol Mexican reviews from OpenTable diners
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Trebol is by far our favorite restaurant in Portland. The food never disappoints, the service is always great, and the atmosphere is perfect. Their margaritas are amazing (and amazingly diverse), and the food is unmatched by anything else we've had. The menu changes through the seasons, so we never get bored and we almost always get to try something new. We've gone several times in the last year or two, and plan on continuing to return to our number one spot.Special Features:
- I was a repeat customer butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013I was a repeat customer but the four ladies with me were first-timers. Three of them already plan to take their husbands back for a date night.Special Features:
- We've been to Trebol manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013We've been to Trebol many times and are never disappointed! The happy hour is one of the best in town, and the Margaritas are superb! The spicy tamarind is a personal favorite.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013This was our 2nd time and the service was slower-when we walked in for our 7.30pm reservation, there was hardly any table and it took the waitress alittle while to come to our table and after our appetizers, she went on to 2-3 more tables that sat after us and took their orders.2 of us did not care for the tuna dish esp the vegetable( maybe turnip)-tuna was fairly bland. The vegetarian enchilada is always great. The servers who brought out the dishes and dessert were very nice-rather casually dressed tho'Special Features:
- I've been there a couple timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013I've been there a couple times and every time I go dinner is fantastic and the service is refreshing! Staff is always welcoming, fast a friendly!Special Features:
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/27/2013The service was very slow. Beyond that, it was a fantastic dinner.Special Features:
- Although the cuisine was veryvandyVIPDined on 2/27/2013Although the cuisine was very good, the service on this evening was poor. We received our appeitzer 5 minutes before the salads arrived. The entrees arrived less than 5 minutes after the salad. In the meantime, we were left alone. At least we had plenty of water.Special Features:
- Recommended by a friend toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2013Recommended by a friend to go and have the Habenero Pineapple Margarita. Was hot and tasty! If you like great spicy food with a plethora of unique flavors and a comfortable setting, this is your place. We had our dinner Tapas style picking from the Apps list. Favorite bite was the SAUTÉED SPOT PRAWNS WITH BACON, LEEKS & SERRANOS IN OAXACAN SAUCE! 2nd favorite bite, the braised beef taco. We also had the crab balls, crunchy taco sampler, and Guac with caramelized garlic. Will definitely go back. Did I mention Spicy! Muy bueno!Special Features:
- been here many times and thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013been here many times and this instance was great, as usual!Special Features:
- The food was fabulous!!!PastaPeopleDined on 2/22/2013The food was fabulous!!! I can't wait to go back. Our server seemed frazzled and wasn't able to explain the menu items very clearly. Also, we had a group of 4 and we ordered the crab cake appetizer (special) and there were only 3 crab cakes. It would have been nice to know that the appetizer was not meant for 4 people.Special Features:
- This was our third time goingwonderwindypdxVIPDined on 2/14/2013This was our third time going to Trebol and we are never disappointed. The food is flavorful and the drinks are delicious and creative. Service was attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Valentine's Dinner successOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We've been to Trebol a few times with friends for dinner. This was just the two of us for Valentine's Day dinner. What I noticed was how relaxed things were from when we've been there before. The server never rushed us at all. Things came out at a very nice pace, allowing us to chat and relax. The food was also excellent. We had the clams appetizer. If you go to Trebol and order one thing, make it that. They are spectacular.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2013This was our first time at Trebol and certainly won't be our last. We have tried various Mexican eateries around town, and this is, by far, the best. We started with a pork tamale appetizer that was fresh and the perfect balance of meat and masa. I wasn't a fan of mole before, but tried the red mole chicken enchilada and it was outstanding! The mole wasn't overused--just the right amount was added to make the dish memorable. I would certainly have it again.Special Features:
- The service was below average,tgoodyearDined on 2/5/2013The service was below average, but I have been to this resaurant a number of times and the staff always seem a bit pretentious. The food is excellent though.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2013The food, the margaritas, the chocolate cake....all delicious! Service was very slow, but not the waiters fault every table was taken. Would be a perfect 10 if not for under-staffing.Special Features:
- We so enjoyed this new find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013We so enjoyed this new find! Another one to add to our lists of eateries. The service was outstanding from the Hostess to server.They were the best we have encountered any where so far. Food- WOW. My husband loved the Vegan enchilada and he is a fussy eater.I enjoyed the special, Pork chops with sweet potatoes.Out Masa cake appetizer was very interesting.Loved the Choc Olive oil cake and your Chantilly cream was just delightful, maybe a tate sweeter next time! Great selection of Margaritas and beers. Maybe menu not so suitable for a child's palate but great for the aduits. We were told the menu might be revamped-please leave some of the Vegan entrees untouched! We will be back.Special Features:
- Some items really stand outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Some items really stand out but most were just average, with a few bordering on disapointing.Special Features:
- Great meal, fantastic service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013I'm always very impressed with the wait staff here....they are attentive and excited to offer suggestions. WE love going to Trebol!!
- Incredible service. greateddyVIPDined on 1/27/2013Incredible service. great drinks. albcore tuna entree was super, both fish and veggies cooked to perfection. glad we found this portland gem.Special Features:
- This was our third trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013This was our third trip to Trebol and each visit has been tasty and enjoyable. The food is fresh and creative as are the many types of Margaritas. Our server (Jen) was very knowlegable with just the right amount of information, interaction and attention. We will return and recommend Trebol to other diners.Special Features:
- Trebol is TerrificDrinkyVIPDined on 1/26/2013We have dined at Trebol many times now, and it is always excellent. We have been in the habit of sticking with a few favorite menu items, but this time we decided to try some offerings from the evening's specials menu. The clams in white wine broth with jalapeno & cilantro were wonderful! We both ordered the fish special, pan-fried grouper with garlic mashed potatoes and a squash puree - it was perfection. The cocktails are tasty and the service is always very good. It is always a plus when a Living Social offer comes along to get us there before we might regularly plan to return.Special Features:
- I always write a review ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013I always write a review of Trebol after we visit... and we always enjoy going. This time was no different. I had made a reservation but we were running late. They still granted us our table and we had a great time. Jenny is a great server. Always request her if possible. Thanks Trebol for offering specials and easy reservations to get customers in the door and then great food and service to keep them coming back!Special Features:
- Everything was fine otherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2013Everything was fine other than sitting near entry door.Cold when door opened.
- Trebol has it to be great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Trebol has it to be great, but falls down in execution in my opinion. Great ideas executed inconsistently. Nice people, nice restaurant, good selection of interesting drinks and a well thought out menu, for us it fell down a notch with undercooked veggies and overcooked meat, and two small tables that were of unequal height with beveled edges pushed together. Too many other great spots to do "do overs" for us.Special Features:
- NO thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013No thank you! We have tried twice and there was no food we tried that satisfied. There was no food we tried that was good and they gave you hardly any of it, so perhaps that was good. Although the waiter was great, he offered to split the main dish (we had ordered several appetizers and one main dish) and then charged us $3!!!! Dark interior, freezing cold, bad food. NO THANKS!
- One of my favorite restaurantsemiliooDined on 1/17/2013One of my favorite restaurants in this city. Their food is reliably perfect and interesting. Oh, and that tequila wall!!Special Features:
- Easily our favorite MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2013Easily our favorite Mexican restaurant in the Portland metro area and one of our favorite restaurants overall! The ever changing menu is always full of really good and creative dishes. The tequila menu is extensive to say the least!Special Features:
- We took so friends here whoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013We took so friends here who had just moved to the US from Mexico and they loved it all the way down to the tortillas.Special Features:
- Although quite quite noisyzonzonDined on 1/12/2013Although quite quite noisy this was a pleasant dinner. I have spent some time in Oaxaca and love the food. This food was pleasant, but didnt wow me like the food in Oaxaca. My choices, queso fundido and a red mole enchilada came in small portions; my friends pork loin with peanut mole was much more ample and with a nice barley side dish. Looked like quite a drinks list.
- Mango Margs!LeazDined on 1/11/2013Awesome food and awesome margs! My only complaint is that it's January so sitting in the same room as the door with no curtain or any kind of protectant made the room too cold for comfort. But I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Terrific gem. Seared tunaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Terrific gem. Seared tuna was incredible. Lovely use of fresh veggies - even in January. Margaritas were too sweet for my taste but great tequila list.Special Features:
- I enjoy going to Trebol asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013I enjoy going to Trebol as the food is unique & different compared to your typical mexican restaurant. Upon arrival, we were seated immediately, but then it took 20 minutes to be acknowledged by any of the staff. We were very close to getting up & walking out. That being said, once we made a connection with our server, everything improved. The food is great at Trebol, not to mention the vast selection of tequilas & the margaritas are wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Wonderful food and service. Prices were also reasonable. I look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Service was slow to start.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Service was slow to start. It took 10 to 15 minutes to have our drink/appetizer orders taken. The restaurant was cold, we had to keep our coats on. Otherwise the food was excellent, I will return.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Great restaurant, everything sounded great, i had the special, my fiance had the enchildada and the chocolate cake for dessert was amazingSpecial Features:
- We always enjoy coming toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2012We always enjoy coming to Trebol and we come here regularly. I only knocked one star off of what I would have given the service catagory because only one server (Crystal) was trying to serve the whole restaraunt on a weeknight and this caused a bit of a delay of service... but nothing drastic and the food of course was great. See you guys again soon.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012Mexican cuisine from the Oaxaca region. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. Great food. Wine & beer resonably priced. Good service with hot/warm food served in timely manner.Special Features:
- Underated restaurant in my opinionpdxpowerDined on 12/3/2012I really don't understand why this place isn't more busy. Every time I've gone here I've been blown away by the food. It is creative and wonderfully prepared and plated. The texture and flavor pairings are outstanding. We had wonderful service and the atmosphere is great. I have to chalk their lowers numbers up to their location, which isn't the best. However, I'll keep going back and taking advantage of their fantastic food.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal withlucky6VIPDined on 11/30/2012We had a wonderful meal with excellent margaritas. We tried the guacamole and chips, boar tacos, and braised pork shank. All were very good, in a most enjoyable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Trebol is one of our neighborhoodJimnPaulVIPDined on 11/21/2012Trebol is one of our neighborhood favorites with fantastic margaritas, great staff, and outstanding food.Special Features: