Treadwell Farm to Table Cuisine
61 Lakeport Road
St. Catharines, ON L2N 4P6Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Treadwell Farm to Table Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.treadwellcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9059349797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Closed Monday (October - April)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Stephen Treadwell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Treadwell Farm-To-Table Cuisine can cater any occasion. Partnering with several wineries, we offer our catering services at the numerous venues, including Chateau des Charmes, Stratus, Southbrook Vineyards, Lailey Vineyard, 13th Street Winery, and Jackson-Triggs. For more information, please contact Amy Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Treadwell Farm to Table Cuisine
Since opening in May 2006, Treadwell has become one of Canada's most critically acclaimed restaurants. Located in Port Dalhousie, the restaurant sits on the foot of Twelve Mile Creek and Lake Ontario, offering beautiful views from the restaurant and terrace. Treadwell's "Farm-to-Table" philosophy allows Chef-Owner Stephen Treadwell to showcase the very best of seasonal produce from Niagara and Southwestern Ontario. The wine list, created by Sommelier-Owner James Treadwell, is often regarded as Canada's finest for Ontario wines.Continued
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Treadwell Farm to Table Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Treadwells delivers... every timePaulMDined on 8/25/2013We just love Treadwells.... this time, our server's father owned on the local wineries. Last time, another server's parents owned the tomato farm where the heirloom tomatoes came from. Treadwells is one of our favourite restaurants in Canada. I know that is quite a statement. They are serious about simplifying outstanding food. The decor is lovely and unpretentious. No jacket required. An abundance of local wines.Special Features:
- Memorable!DeelishDined on 6/14/2013The most amazing meal I've ever eaten! Complimentary rhubarb foam, complimentary home-made breads (they brought us a second bread board as we went through the first one embarrassingly fast), complimentary macaroons with your coffee! So incredible, three attentive servers who were knowledgeable about the foods, where they came from etc. The farm to table concept is unique and makes you feel good about supporting local growers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but way overpricedvurbDined on 6/14/2013We've been here about 3-4 times over the last few years. Same verdict - nice environment, overpriced and slightly disappointing foodSpecial Features:
- Best place in St. Catharines.SouthEndFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2013Best place in St. Catharines. Tasting menu is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2013Seared scallops were a work of art- visually and gastronomically. Service was attentive and unobtrusive and sommelier knowledgeable and helpful. Excellent wine list with welcome focus on Ontario VQA wines. Would have loved to eat outdoors on the patio but strong breeze made this impossible. Too bad patio is not in a more sheltered location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful serviceMaureenthewalkerDined on 5/31/2013We really enjoyed celebrating our 45th anniversary while in Niagara Falls. We did the tasting menu and it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Setting and Top ServicelocaldinerDined on 5/26/2013Treadwell's is set comfortably beside the water in Port Dalhousie, with calming views of the waterfalls and waterlife floating and flying by as you dine in a tranquil and peaceful setting. Sadly, the restaurant is relocating in June to busier Niagara on the Lake. The appetizers were notable for their local content (ie fresh asparagus picked that morning) and fresh ingredients and variety. For the main course the pork chop (locally raised) wrapped in bacon was outstanding, tender and moist, with the sides of smashed potatoes and local vegetables well created. The trout was also fresh and tender, with local vegetables as sides as well. The quiet ambience, with the water as a background creates a comfortable setting for a relaxed evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad they are closing,MauriceVIPDined on 5/25/2013Too bad they are closing, it is one of our favourite spots.Special Features:
- special birthdayhdg24Dined on 5/24/2013Excellent treatment by all staff for a special surprise birthday! All my requests were not only met, but exceeded. All the dishes we tried were well prepared and presented and the staff were all appropriately attentive. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality & Creativity in Every BiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013Treadwell provides an amazing dining experience. Each menu item is more delicious and beautiful than the next. The quality and freshness of the ingredients ensure an amazing meal. Perfect wine pairings make for a perfect dining experience. Service is friendly yet formal. We look forward to experiencing your new location in NOTL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious in Port DalhousieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2013I have enjoyed all the meals that I have had at Treadwell's and am looking forward to their imminent move to Niagara-on-the-lake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special SpotDinner42Dined on 5/12/2013Treadwell's is always a reliable spot for that special occasion. James Treadwell is involved in all facets of the business (including a personal confirmation call) to ensure the restaurant's standards are maintained. Local inputs, including the top flight wines, result in freshness and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A world class restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2013... which this city desperately needs. Farm to table in every sense of the word - Food was first rate, fresh, of the highest quality, imaginatively presented. Service, even on Mother's Day was smooth and coordinated. As with the best restaurants, served by a team not an individual server. Ambience - well it is Port Dalhousie. But right on the canal - one couldn't ask for a better spot. It's really too bad it can't last. A shame really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cool place for any occasionhm01884Dined on 5/12/2013A cool place for any occasion with great friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treadwell greatFoodFanDined on 5/11/2013High quality of food and service in rustic country surroundings. Unique collection of wines from Ontario and elsewhere with knowledgeable sommelier to advise on matching. The restaurant will be relocating to Niagara-on-the-Lake in mid-June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchjazzcoupleDined on 5/5/2013We enjoyed Spring dining al fresco beside the water. The food preparation was at a high european gourmet level, along with excellent wine suggestions, and attentive service. The atmosphere was enhanced with 1950s/1960s jazz recordings played at a correctly soft volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013We recently had brunch at Treadwell and very much enjoyed the food. The menu was full of unique options made with the best local ingredients. I enjoyed reading through the wine list and could tell the owner has a passion for sourcing local wines. However, the place opened at 12:00 pm (which is when I made my reservation) and we were the only ones in the restaurant until 1pm. It is a little odd to be the only ones dining; hurts the ambiance. The waitress disappeared (likely to not seem hovering) and the food took a little longer than expected. And my latte was lukewarm, which has not been my experience at similar establishments. The location is very nice, right on the water, but were told they are moving in July. May try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront lunch in the sunOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2013We were on our way to see a matinee at the Shaw festival in NotL, when we decided to visit Treadwell's for a bit of lunch on our way in. The soup and sandwich featured simple, tasty ingredients brought together for a satisfying meal. A bottle of local reisling (of which there are several on the menu) and the riveside patio seating made for a perfect visit. See you again soon Treadwell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh is always bestsadtoseeyougoDined on 5/2/2013It is a shame that Treadwell's is moving out of Port Dalhousie. It has always brought a bit of charm and class (not to mention amazing food options) to the area. I am a particular diner - I like variety, and I enjoy fresh, high quality options. Treadwell's never fails to please my palate. Tonight was no exception. The whitefish was out of this world; my dining partner could not get enough of the lamb. A must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Amazing FoodJeffDined on 5/1/2013We had a group of four and were able to sit in the window and look out at the canal area. The food was so good and fresh. Started out with the proscuitto (spelling?) salad which was awesome. Another person at our table got the seared scallops to start with and they looked really good as well. Our table had the lake Huron white fish, beef cheeks, and another fish dish. All were amazing. The service was excellent, all around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit not as good as the firstSocratesDined on 4/21/2013The roast dinner was very good. The Eggs Benedict while tasty was disappointingly cold.Special Features:
- a little music to liven itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013a little music to liven it up would help..... great place, shame they are moving out of the neighbourhood.Special Features:
- This is one of the very bestCarolbeeDined on 4/7/2013This is one of the very best restaurants in the entire region. How happy am I they are moving to within a block of MY house. Welcome Tredwell's - I'm gonna be a new regular!!Special Features:
- Serious innovative cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013Serious innovative cuisine in a welcoming atmosphere; superb wine list.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013My husband and I had a wonderful time, great food, great wine and a great staff...We will be back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed Easter Brunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We enjoyed Easter Brunch with family. We had the most amazing bacon pancakes and lobster sandwiches.Special Features:
- The multi-course dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The multi-course dinner with wine pairings was excellent.Special Features:
- Had the tasting menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Had the tasting menu with wine pairing. Great flavors and textures, deftly prepare. Excellent knowledge and choices by the Sommelier.Special Features:
- We have recently moved toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013We have recently moved to St Catharines and to find such a superb, friendly restaurant so close to where we live is a delight. We shall be bringing many of our friends here over the summer so that they too can sample the taste sensations that we did on Sunday. The Staff were quiet, knowledgeable and attentive. A wonderful experience from start to beginning. Thank you.Special Features:
- My husband and I were visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013My husband and I were visiting St Catharines, and had always wanted to dine at Treadwell. After years and years of walking to Port Dalhousie, and wondering what it would be like..we finally had an opportunity and the time to dine there. From the moment I made the reservation on-line, with ease .. to the second we walked through the front door .. everything was perfect. A warm welcome, a wonderful table, excellent and attentive wait staff .. not to mention, of course, an amazing menu .. It was, to say the least, a very memorable dining experience..one we shall never forget. We definitely will be back again, and will spread the word, about this amazing resturant. Many thanks for an amazing dining experience .. Sincerely, Nancy BSpecial Features:
- Dont hesitate, make the reservationTasteAndSipDined on 2/16/2013Dont hesitate, make the reservation...simply divine, delish and staff are a delight!Special Features:
- Our server, Tony did an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Our server, Tony did an excellent job. Sous Chef Laura is Outstanding.Special Features:
- A great lunch menu. StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013A great lunch menu. Staff were extremely helpful with wine pairings. Food was excellent. Definitely worth the drive from Toronto!Special Features:
- The wonderful food, lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013The wonderful food, lovely homemade pasta and rabbit ragu, and a great wine was slightly offset by the cool ambient temperature. A cold draft hanging at the floor level made me wish for my longjohns and we were not sitting by a window. Other than the cold, this is a great place with a wonderful view, and very romantic with lots of room around tables.Special Features:
- It was good.lushisDined on 1/18/2013I had heard from a few friends that Treawells was a good place to go for dinner, and they were right. Not a place I would go too every month (not cheap). but for a special occasion yes. The view was very nice, the food was so flavourful and unique. If your looking for large portions, don't bother going here. Portions and presentation are more on the "fine dinning" side of things.Special Features:
- Perfect wine pairings. QualitynicheoftimeDined on 1/13/2013Perfect wine pairings. Quality food, wine and serviceSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to return.We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Can't wait to return.We had a very enjoyable interlude.Special Features:
- An absolute must...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Went for lunch to celebrate my wife’s Birthday. Right from the outset the staff were both professional and friendly. Everyone was knowledgeable on all aspects of the menu, wines and cocktails. Most impressive was the fact that they seemed passionate about what they were doing. Then to top it off, the food was excellent. We live in the Niagara region and we dine out frequently. I would have to say this is one of the best restaurants we have experienced.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a wonderful NewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We enjoyed a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner. Food and wines were an interesting mix and the service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- On New Year's Eve 4 of us2dinersDined on 12/31/2012On New Year's Eve 4 of us participated in the tasting menu with wine pairings presented for the occasion by Stephen and James Treadwell. The tasting menu consisted of a selection of patron favorites from over the year . The wines were selected by James (sommelier). The co-ordination of presentation of each course (preceded by the pouring and discussion of the accompanying wine pairing) was impressive to behold. Very professional and pleasant serving staff! Stephen continues to prove that he is one of the best chefs in Ontario. We marveled at the taste sensation we enjoyed as we progressed from course to course. Well worth a trip to Niagara!Special Features: