Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
114 Queen Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.treadwellcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9059349797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Tuesday (October - April)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Treadwell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Treadwell Farm-To-Table Cuisine can cater any occasion. Partnering with several wineries, we offer our catering services at the numerous venues, including Stratus, Southbrook Vineyards, Lailey Vineyard, 13th Street Winery, Honsberger Estate and Foreign Affair Winery. For more information, please contact Amy Watts at email@example.com
A word from Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
Since opening in May 2006, Treadwell has become one of Canada's most critically acclaimed restaurants. Located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Treadwell's "Farm-to-Table" philosophy allows Chef-Owner Stephen Treadwell to showcase the very best of seasonal produce from Niagara and Southwestern Ontario. The wine list, created by Sommelier-Owner James Treadwell, is often regarded as Canada's finest for Ontario wines.Continued
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (232)great for outdoor dining (195)special occasion (158)notable wine list (142)neighborhood gem (114)great for lunch (97)romantic (80)hot spot (69)great for brunch (53)good for groups (40)late-night find (22)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (10)Show More
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The girlfriend and I went for Sunday brunch. We were greeted by a pleasant young man and he sat us down at the patio. The patio was about 3/4 full at the time of seating. We sat at the table for 20 minutes, waiting patiently for a server to address us. There were 3 at the time and within that 20 mins, more than 1/2 the tables had cashed out. The 3 servers paid absolutely no attention to us and continued to walk aimlessly. I had gotten up and asked if we were going to be served. The host apologized and appeared to look for a server for us. We sat for another 10 minutes, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nothing happened, we got up and left. The host noticed but made no effort there on out. Horrendous service for this type of restaurant
- best in nolfairbalancedDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant- I think its the best in Niagara on the lake. The indoor seating is a little cramped so sit outside if you can. Food is excellent and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treadwell'sPAULYDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant exemplifies what a fantastic restaurant should be!!! From the personal service to the delectable cuisine, this will definitely be number one on my list to visit each and every time in Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lumch before the playfooddivaDined on 9/27/2014Four Torontonians reserved a table for lunch before the play. I had eaten at Treadwell's twice the month before. I found the quality of the food remarkable, the service very attentive despite the restaurant's being full, and the ambience very pleasant. I was not disappointed this time, and my guests thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The food preparation was unfussy and based on fresh, local ingredients: lots of herbs and vegetables. The roasted red pepper soup was very flavourful, our lobster sandwiches rich and satisfying. No room for dessert, unfortunately! I would recommend Treadwell's without hesitation to anyone who enjoys tasty fresh food impeccably prepared and served.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Yes, it is me again... I just went back to Treadwell again this past week, and got another special treatment from the good people at Treadwell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemoltogustoDined on 9/26/2014Initially, we were told we had to sit inside even though the outdoor tables were not occupied and I had made a reservation some time ago. Indoors was stuffy. Upon requesting a second time, a different hostess graciously investigated and was able to accomodate us outside. We were impressed by the menu, the extensive wine list, the knowledgable sommelier and the excellent service which followed. We had exquisite food on a fabulous, Indian Summer evening to be outdoors.Special Features:
- Best meal in town!DandDDined on 9/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The menu is somewhat limited, but full of creative options, and the preparation was outstanding - both the salmon and the lamb were among the best we have ever had. The wait staff were all very helpful and attentive. Although the open kitchen was a little noisy, it provided a welcome informality to the overall atmosphere. We will definitely be coming back when we return to the Shaw Festival next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationCarlyDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food and friendly service made for a very pleasant pre-show dinner experience.Special Features:
- awesome foodTbandKDined on 9/23/2014We both had the salmon and it was awesome. Outstanding management also. Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- A great addition to NOTLCleoVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located on the main street Treadwell is a super spot for lunch or dinner. We had lunch on the pretty patio. A little breezy, so they turned on the heaters and brought plush throws! Had the lobster club which deserves the raves I’d read. The arugula salad is nice to cut the richness, but we did have to ask for a bit more dressing as the leaves were pretty dry. Good cappuccinos. Would like to go back and try the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Best restaurant in Niagara. It's wonderful that this restaurant has moved downtown. It has excellent cuisine with local produce. We are foodies and enjoyed every mouthful. Lamb confit, Scallops with pork belly, tuna with beats and radish. Great friendly and attentive service. Small enough so the kitchen is not overwhelmed.Special Features:
- pretty plainfoodloverDined on 9/22/2014The restaurant was very clean and stylish, the server was absolutely fantastic and friendly. The beet salad appetizer was delicious, albeit a little redundant by the time I was through eating all those beets. The salmon dinner ordered by my companion and the pickerel dinner that I ordered were both very plain. I ordered the pickerel without the veal sweetbreads, and hoped for an alternative to make up for it, but I was offered no substitute - not even a potato or fries. So I had bland fish on a bland bed of spinach, surrounded by bland root vegetables. It tasted like everything on the plate had been steamed together, and put on a plate. And paid $34 for this entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niagara-on-the-lake-gemfoodloverDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The open kitchen is a nice touch. The food was excellent and the wine recommended by John was the icing on the cake! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful culinary experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Perfect for pre-theater, delicious creative meals and excellent service.Special Features:
- do not miss thisfabfoodformeDined on 9/21/2014After eating out at a number of the top rated restaurants in the Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake areas I have to say this was by far the best meal we had on our vacation. The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and perfectly cooked. The service was attentive and helpful and the wine list was wonderfully representative of the best of Ontario. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. You knew everything was first class without any of the unnecessary pretension that so many restaurants seem to think makes them top notch.Special Features:
- Fresh & SimpleSabaudia16Dined on 9/20/2014Love their farm-to-table concept. Outstanding service! Owner James really professional, charming and knowledgeable! Overall great experience. Would recommend for any occasion. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014seared tuna appetizer has a very fishy flavour and my wife couln't finish it.
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The establishment is well kept in terms of cleanliness, from general areas to washroom.Special Features:
- treadwellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the imaginative presentation and quality of the food. There were gnats flying around - we mentioned them to the waitress and she smiled....I don't suppose there was much she could do. Energetic may be one way of describing the noise level- I would say intrusive. The sommelier was helpful and shared her local insights. We were looking forward to trying Ontarian wines so we appreciated this. Our best meal in Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, wine & service but~CherenDined on 9/18/2014What a sin! If only the ambiance lived up to the incredible menu, wine, and service! Yes, could be rated a 5 out 5 if it wasn't for the over the top noise level. Though it is usually an energetic atmosphere, the other evening when we were there, the noise level felt like an out and out assault when a boorish, loud group of 9 or 10 literally took over from the moment they arrived about 8PM. An private room would not go amiss to seat large groups. We unfortunately literally ate and ran to escape. James Treadwell has been in touch and we appreciate his concern. His staff too were most apologetic on the night and they too put up with a lot from this group in question.Special Features:
- Farm to tableSallyDined on 9/17/2014Located on the vibrant Main Street this small restaurant has the most progressive menu around and a very nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came back!lindsaylassDined on 9/16/2014My second visit to Treadwell and I was not disappointed. Had a delicious cocktail (the whiskey ginger bitters one), loved the lamb. Got a great recommendation for wine. Service attentive. Will return here my next visit plus tell friends!Special Features:
- EatoutthursdayseatoutthursdaysDined on 9/14/2014Food was ok but not up to the standard I was expectingSpecial Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beNotAgainDined on 9/14/2014The app came really quickly, but our main dish (eggs benny, a lobster sandwich and fries) took about 1 hour after our apps came, and it wasn't very busy. The fries were over cooked and was hard, the lobster sandwich was too heavy with cream cheese, the eggs benny was the only thing that was ok. I would not go back based on the price.Special Features:
- Make a special occasion specialFoodfriendDined on 9/12/2014My new husband and I brought my parents to Niagara as a thank you for all they did for our wedding. It was important to us that we choose somewhere wonderful for dinner and Treadwell's did not disappoint. The food was incredible, and they did a beautiful job accommodating two of our party being vegan. The sommelier was knowledgeable and attentive and took the time to explain multiple options and allowed us to try a few different wines. We truly felt like VIPs getting special attention throughout the dining experience. Even though the restaurant was fully booked we felt like the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent DiscoveryGimpeyDined on 9/12/2014Delicious fresh food, great choices and excellent service. One of the best places for lunch in Niagara on the Lake! Will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- The reviews are correct!DavidDined on 9/12/2014Treadwell is considered by many reviewers I read to be the best restaurant in NOTL. I concur. The menu was imaginative (lunch menu included lobster roll on duck fat fried bread? wow) and wonderfully prepared. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. The setting was a little too bistro style for my liking for such a good menu, and I would think a romantic dinner would be better suited at many of the more formal restaurants. The noise level as a result was a little loud but not unusually so. Excellent selection of wines not seen on the lists of other restuarants in the area.Special Features:
- MirandaDined on 9/12/2014We loved our lunch here and would recommend Treadwell highly.Special Features:
- Treadwell, Niagara's FinestFoodFanDined on 9/11/2014Party of six for dinner recently at Treadwell in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Lively room, knowledgeable and attentive service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 9/11/2014Absolutely sensational restaurant. Food was superior and service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- a divinely delectable splurge2commonladsDined on 9/9/2014Dining at Treadwell was a big splurge for us...and we don't regret one bite!! I loved my pasta dish; I did not want to see it end and yet I couldn't stop forking it into my mouth! Dining at Treadwell with my husband was a treat in every sense of the word. We certainly will dine here when we return to Niagara-on-the-Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in YearsnicesurpriseDined on 9/8/2014We have eaten at many 5 star restaurants around the world. This is one of the most delicious and inventive meals we have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOliveOylDined on 9/6/2014Very fresh, true farm to table, well presented and extremely tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SCONVIPDined on 9/6/2014I rarely write reviews, but this was such a great meal. We had the white fish with lobster fritters, served on the fresh corn. Wonderful! The salad with fresh white peaches was also memorable. Note to other Open Table users: our tables are reserved indoors unless specifically requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NiagaraPretsDined on 9/6/2014Dinner before theatre Saturday, sat at bar and watched skilled chefs prepare each course. Everything from the appetizers to dessert was fabulous. the ingredients are all local, and farm fresh, and it shows. Even the carrots were fantastic. the new must visit place on my trips to Niagara.Special Features:
- Vibrate food sceneOperabuffDined on 9/6/2014Marvelous find during my theatre weekend. Fine farm to table food, prepared and served by young enthusiastic staff. Open kitchen design makes for a pre-theatre show of it's own. Amazing house made grape flour bread. Flour developed from dried grape skins by the local winery, Southbrook. Lamb shoulder was a sheer pleasure. How fortunate for the people living in the area to have this gem around the corner. Over the course of the weekend, the weather took a dramatic change, going from hot and humid to rather chilly. In a timely fashion, the staff added patio heaters outside for the comfort of their diners enjoying dining alfresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable lunch treat of musselstablefor2Dined on 9/6/2014My daughter and I made reservations for lunch on Saturday as a special treat for her birthday. The staff were very welcoming and everyone wished my daughter a happy birthday. The wine list was amazing and I was delighted to see a 3 oz serving of wine was offered, especially as I was driving. It's just enough to make the food pop but not make you woozy. We ordered chardonnay steamed mussels in cream, chive and fennel sauce and the lobster club sandwich. The mussels stole the show - they were absolutely the best I had ever tasted. A true memorable lunch for a memorable birthday. Thank you!!Special Features:
- A standout in NOTLMarkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really the only decent dining option in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We were in town 3 nights for the Shaw Festival and we ate there twice. Chef Treadwell's farm-to-table menu is always fresh and delicious. I am hopeful that more dining spots try to match the excellence that exists here. Love the addition of the wine bar! Its nice to taste several wines from several local spots without having to go to each one.Special Features:
- applauding the experimentalmiamiDined on 9/3/2014I really applaud the nouvelle Canadienne cuisine! That being said, perhaps some fine-tuning might come: the syrupy sweet sorbet in the grilled pepper soup was simply too sweet (and cooled off the soup to barely lukewarm...), and the pork "stuffing" in the Whitefish unfortunately destroyed the normally delicious flavor of the Whitefish (the sausage would have been better omitted completely). The service was super nice and efficient, however!Special Features:
- Serious food taken seriouslyTorontoFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014We had delicious food and wine and wonderful service at our latest trip to Treadwell's. The starters were innovative, surprising (lime/cheese sorbet in a hot pepper soup?) and worked beautifully. The sommelier's wine suggestions were perfect and we began our luncheon on a happy note. My entree (lobster sandwich with duck fat sauteed bread) was delicious and my tablemate's fries were the best French fries we've ever had. The steak was overdone, however, and when the waitress brought it back the second time, it was seriously underdone. By that time, we'd been sharing salad, sandwich and fries, so tablemate was no longer hungry, but it put a slight damper on the meal. However, staff was professional and comped tablemate's meal. Good job!Special Features: