Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
114 Queen Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.treadwellcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9059349797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Tuesday (October - April)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Treadwell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Treadwell Farm-To-Table Cuisine can cater any occasion. Partnering with several wineries, we offer our catering services at the numerous venues, including Stratus, Southbrook Vineyards, Lailey Vineyard, 13th Street Winery, Honsberger Estate and Foreign Affair Winery. For more information, please contact Amy Watts at email@example.com
A word from Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
Since opening in May 2006, Treadwell has become one of Canada's most critically acclaimed restaurants. Located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Treadwell's "Farm-to-Table" philosophy allows Chef-Owner Stephen Treadwell to showcase the very best of seasonal produce from Niagara and Southwestern Ontario. The wine list, created by Sommelier-Owner James Treadwell, is often regarded as Canada's finest for Ontario wines.Continued
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (216)great for outdoor dining (184)special occasion (144)notable wine list (130)neighborhood gem (108)great for lunch (88)romantic (78)hot spot (62)great for brunch (50)good for groups (38)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (9)Show More
- Fresh & SimpleSabaudia16Dined on 9/20/2014Love their farm-to-table concept. Outstanding service! Owner James really professional, charming and knowledgeable! Overall great experience. Would recommend for any occasion. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014seared tuna appetizer has a very fishy flavour and my wife couln't finish it.
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The establishment is well kept in terms of cleanliness, from general areas to washroom.Special Features:
- Exquisite food, wine & service but~CherenDined on 9/18/2014What a sin! If only the ambiance lived up to the incredible menu, wine, and service! Yes, could be rated a 5 out 5 if it wasn't for the over the top noise level. Though it is usually an energetic atmosphere, the other evening when we were there, the noise level felt like an out and out assault when a boorish, loud group of 9 or 10 literally took over from the moment they arrived about 8PM. An private room would not go amiss to seat large groups. We unfortunately literally ate and ran to escape. James Treadwell has been in touch and we appreciate his concern. His staff too were most apologetic on the night and they too put up with a lot from this group in question.Special Features:
- Farm to tableSallyDined on 9/17/2014Located on the vibrant Main Street this small restaurant has the most progressive menu around and a very nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came back!lindsaylassDined on 9/16/2014My second visit to Treadwell and I was not disappointed. Had a delicious cocktail (the whiskey ginger bitters one), loved the lamb. Got a great recommendation for wine. Service attentive. Will return here my next visit plus tell friends!Special Features:
- EatoutthursdayseatoutthursdaysDined on 9/14/2014Food was ok but not up to the standard I was expectingSpecial Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beNotAgainDined on 9/14/2014The app came really quickly, but our main dish (eggs benny, a lobster sandwich and fries) took about 1 hour after our apps came, and it wasn't very busy. The fries were over cooked and was hard, the lobster sandwich was too heavy with cream cheese, the eggs benny was the only thing that was ok. I would not go back based on the price.Special Features:
- Make a special occasion specialFoodfriendDined on 9/12/2014My new husband and I brought my parents to Niagara as a thank you for all they did for our wedding. It was important to us that we choose somewhere wonderful for dinner and Treadwell's did not disappoint. The food was incredible, and they did a beautiful job accommodating two of our party being vegan. The sommelier was knowledgeable and attentive and took the time to explain multiple options and allowed us to try a few different wines. We truly felt like VIPs getting special attention throughout the dining experience. Even though the restaurant was fully booked we felt like the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent DiscoveryGimpeyDined on 9/12/2014Delicious fresh food, great choices and excellent service. One of the best places for lunch in Niagara on the Lake! Will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- The reviews are correct!DavidDined on 9/12/2014Treadwell is considered by many reviewers I read to be the best restaurant in NOTL. I concur. The menu was imaginative (lunch menu included lobster roll on duck fat fried bread? wow) and wonderfully prepared. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. The setting was a little too bistro style for my liking for such a good menu, and I would think a romantic dinner would be better suited at many of the more formal restaurants. The noise level as a result was a little loud but not unusually so. Excellent selection of wines not seen on the lists of other restuarants in the area.Special Features:
- MirandaDined on 9/12/2014We loved our lunch here and would recommend Treadwell highly.Special Features:
- Treadwell, Niagara's FinestFoodFanDined on 9/11/2014Party of six for dinner recently at Treadwell in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Lively room, knowledgeable and attentive service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 9/11/2014Absolutely sensational restaurant. Food was superior and service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Best Meal in YearsnicesurpriseDined on 9/8/2014We have eaten at many 5 star restaurants around the world. This is one of the most delicious and inventive meals we have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOliveOylDined on 9/6/2014Very fresh, true farm to table, well presented and extremely tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SCONVIPDined on 9/6/2014I rarely write reviews, but this was such a great meal. We had the white fish with lobster fritters, served on the fresh corn. Wonderful! The salad with fresh white peaches was also memorable. Note to other Open Table users: our tables are reserved indoors unless specifically requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NiagaraPretsDined on 9/6/2014Dinner before theatre Saturday, sat at bar and watched skilled chefs prepare each course. Everything from the appetizers to dessert was fabulous. the ingredients are all local, and farm fresh, and it shows. Even the carrots were fantastic. the new must visit place on my trips to Niagara.Special Features:
- Vibrate food sceneOperabuffDined on 9/6/2014Marvelous find during my theatre weekend. Fine farm to table food, prepared and served by young enthusiastic staff. Open kitchen design makes for a pre-theatre show of it's own. Amazing house made grape flour bread. Flour developed from dried grape skins by the local winery, Southbrook. Lamb shoulder was a sheer pleasure. How fortunate for the people living in the area to have this gem around the corner. Over the course of the weekend, the weather took a dramatic change, going from hot and humid to rather chilly. In a timely fashion, the staff added patio heaters outside for the comfort of their diners enjoying dining alfresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable lunch treat of musselstablefor2Dined on 9/6/2014My daughter and I made reservations for lunch on Saturday as a special treat for her birthday. The staff were very welcoming and everyone wished my daughter a happy birthday. The wine list was amazing and I was delighted to see a 3 oz serving of wine was offered, especially as I was driving. It's just enough to make the food pop but not make you woozy. We ordered chardonnay steamed mussels in cream, chive and fennel sauce and the lobster club sandwich. The mussels stole the show - they were absolutely the best I had ever tasted. A true memorable lunch for a memorable birthday. Thank you!!Special Features:
- A standout in NOTLMarkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Really the only decent dining option in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We were in town 3 nights for the Shaw Festival and we ate there twice. Chef Treadwell's farm-to-table menu is always fresh and delicious. I am hopeful that more dining spots try to match the excellence that exists here. Love the addition of the wine bar! Its nice to taste several wines from several local spots without having to go to each one.Special Features:
- applauding the experimentalmiamiDined on 9/3/2014I really applaud the nouvelle Canadienne cuisine! That being said, perhaps some fine-tuning might come: the syrupy sweet sorbet in the grilled pepper soup was simply too sweet (and cooled off the soup to barely lukewarm...), and the pork "stuffing" in the Whitefish unfortunately destroyed the normally delicious flavor of the Whitefish (the sausage would have been better omitted completely). The service was super nice and efficient, however!Special Features:
- Serious food taken seriouslyTorontoFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014We had delicious food and wine and wonderful service at our latest trip to Treadwell's. The starters were innovative, surprising (lime/cheese sorbet in a hot pepper soup?) and worked beautifully. The sommelier's wine suggestions were perfect and we began our luncheon on a happy note. My entree (lobster sandwich with duck fat sauteed bread) was delicious and my tablemate's fries were the best French fries we've ever had. The steak was overdone, however, and when the waitress brought it back the second time, it was seriously underdone. By that time, we'd been sharing salad, sandwich and fries, so tablemate was no longer hungry, but it put a slight damper on the meal. However, staff was professional and comped tablemate's meal. Good job!Special Features:
- Impeccable every timePaulMDined on 8/31/2014We have returned to Treadwell's a number of times. It never disappoints. We rate it as one of our favourite restaurants in Canada. Exceptional in every regard.Special Features:
- Treadewll BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Sunday Brunch was outstanding!! My wife and I both had the Eggs Benedict. They were cooked perfectly and arrived hot to our table. Service staff was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Restaurant to rememberDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014We come back every yeah and it is always memorable. They always remember us and we had another wonderful memorable meal. Thanks again, everyone at Treadwells!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOTLcarryoutDined on 8/30/2014In the midst of a plethora of restaurants in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Treadwell's is a pleasant option. The local farm-to-table ingredients are exquisitely presented and delicious, including the local wine list. I had grilled Lake Huron Whitefish, with lobster fitters and spicy sausage. My didn't like Tarragon that was in the sauce for her chicken and the staff and chef went out of their way to accommodate. The service was attentive but not over the top. The decor is modern and a great ambiance with an open kitchen. I will certainly return again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Perfect for a pre theatre lunch. We will repeat in October.Special Features:
- Even better than expectedMusicDined on 8/29/2014I had been told by many that this was the place to eat on our visit to NOL. I booked the reservation more than two weeks ahead. The food was the best I have had at a restaurant. Everything was very fresh and simply prepared but extremely tasty and beautifully presented. The salmon was the best I have eaten anywhere. We chose to sit outside and had a very nice quiet table. The service was excellent- attentive but not obnoxiously so. Wine list was extensive highlighting local wineries which were numerous and comparable to California wines. I definitely recommend trying to dine at Treadwell if you are in the Niagara region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't Quite DeliverDiningWithDon1VIPDined on 8/29/2014So the dinner sounds sensational. The folks pouring wine are extremely helpful and knowledgeable with regarding to pairing Canadian wine with the food choices. But the meals themselves were not as tasty or interesting as the menu would lead you to believe. By no means is it bad, it's just kind of a let down from the description. All four of us had a very nice meal but were left hoping for more flavor, better execution, more pop. And, it is expensive. However, the fellow from the bar who paired the wines really did an outstanding job - he knows his Canadian grape profile and how to marry it. Even so, I probably won't be back my next visit to NOTL.Special Features:
- Before the ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We were at Treadwells prior to a play at the Shaw. The lamb was simply excellent! Slow cooked, tender and exceeded out expectations. The Huron Whitefish was also great. The wines were local and a great pairing. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Treadwell and the experience was great. The food was amazing and I love how they have a and extensive wine list made up of predominantly local wines. Our server, Sarah, was exceptional and added to the experience in the way she interacted with us. The sommelier was knowledgable in helping us choose the correct wine for our dinner. They willing to help with special requests and made the evening very pleasant.Special Features:
- 124michelinVIPDined on 8/28/2014Hard to find! Worth the try. Tomato and peach salad perfect combination and delicious. If the weather cooperates....great outside patio. Inside is small with a long bar that let's y Ou talk and smooze with the chefs..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedFoodiesDined on 8/28/2014Liked the fact all food is local. The fresh baked breads were fantastic! We ordered Scallops with pork fat back/cauliflower and the Prosciutto/cheese to start. Scallops were cooked perfectly! For dinner we ordered the White fish with Lobster fritters, Salmon with Big Bertha's egg and free range Chicken. They were amazing! You have to try this at least once! I had a house specialty raspberry/thyme cocktail and again was surprised how good it was. Excellent wine list of the local wineries - lots to choose from. We had to look at the dessert menu but were so full we just couldn't do it. Last but not least our server Sarah D. was phenomenal. She made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!Kit123Dined on 8/27/2014The evening was a standout from beginning to end. We are foodies and were so happy to have found Treadwell's new location. We began with red pepper soup which had a surprise lime sorbet in the centre. What a flavor hit! My peach/heirloom tomato salad was wonderful. We both selected the shoulder of lamb confit which we have never had. The presentation was beautiful, the flavors exquisite and it complemented the eggplant and potatoes very nicely. James, the sommelier/owner, recommended a Shiraz from the Leaning Post which matched the braised lamb perfectly. His wine knowledge is amazing and so is the list. Michaela, our server was very knowledgeable and professional. Great atmosphere, and in short, a 5 star evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Wine HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014It is great to be surrounded by service-minded restaurant staffs who care about their food and wine, and most importantly their patrons.Special Features:
- Outstanding! Comparable to TO rest!ladszDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was fantastic, I can't stop sharing my experience with my family/friends. We sat at the bar for a lively experience. Watching the chefs and line cooks prepare the food so quickly was wonderful! The team has great dynamic and that shows through their food and creativity. I would rate this 5/5 and highly recommend to everyone. Our server was beyond pleasant and made our evening that much more enjoyable! Pace yourself, and try all 3 courses - you won't regret it!Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 8/23/2014Food in general is very fresh and tasty, however is on the greasy side. I particulary like the steamed mussels, the white sauce is very smooth and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun meal at Treadwell Farm-To-TableLive4FoodDined on 8/22/2014The decor and ambiance at Treadwell was great. Our waitress Ainsley, who was still in training, was excellent. The homemade bread and appetizers were excellent. My heirloom tomato salad was delicious, as was my husband's tuna with hoisin sauce and fresh vegetables. My husband's main dish, shoulder of lamb was good. My orrechiette pasta was good - not great. It came with zucchini, which was very fresh, but there was far more zucchini and spinach than pasta. Very little pasta in what was supposed to be a pasta dish. The sauce was very tasty but had a little too much garlic, and I like garlic. The wines and coffee were excellent. Overall experience was very nice. I would return but try a different main course and ask for light garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not disappointingLuckyjwVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a group of 4 and enjoyed a truly delicious dinner, had chicken, lamb and fish around the table and every one loved the food, simple, clean but deep and surprising flavours. definitely food made with love! would go back anytime! (main dining room could use a little moodier lighting... quite bright!)Special Features: