Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
114 Queen Street
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.treadwellcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9059349797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Tuesday (October - April)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Treadwell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Treadwell Farm-To-Table Cuisine can cater any occasion. Partnering with several wineries, we offer our catering services at the numerous venues, including Stratus, Southbrook Vineyards, Lailey Vineyard, 13th Street Winery, Honsberger Estate and Foreign Affair Winery. For more information, please contact Amy Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake
Since opening in May 2006, Treadwell has become one of Canada's most critically acclaimed restaurants. Located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Treadwell's "Farm-to-Table" philosophy allows Chef-Owner Stephen Treadwell to showcase the very best of seasonal produce from Niagara and Southwestern Ontario. The wine list, created by Sommelier-Owner James Treadwell, is often regarded as Canada's finest for Ontario wines.Continued
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine- Niagara on the lake reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (226)great for outdoor dining (170)special occasion (145)notable wine list (140)neighborhood gem (108)great for lunch (86)romantic (73)hot spot (64)great for brunch (42)good for groups (33)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (8)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our first time to Niagra on the Lake as well as Treadwell. We were very pleased with Treadwell regarding the quality of the service and food. Food was fresh and creative and service was friendly and professional. Overall, Lunch was fantastic and will be back to experience dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodpinkbunniDined on 10/12/2014Everything from this restaurant was excellent. The food is fresh and delicious. The service is great too, they had no trouble when I asked to switched my main after our appetizers arrived. Will definitely come back again if we are in the NOTL region!Special Features:
- Superb!EnglishmanabroadDined on 10/11/2014Well finally a great restaurant walkable in Niagara on the Lake. Fantastic farm to table concept, knowledgeable staff with great food and ambience. Wine list comprehensive with intelligent matching suggestions. Overall great value and superb night out. You want to keep this one secret as it stands out from mediocrity in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrkyODined on 10/9/2014We had a great dining experience. The food and service were perfect. Because the restaurant is so small and the tables are close together,we had conversations with those siting on each side which was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed TreadwellGoodfoodgirlDined on 10/8/2014We had a very positive experience at Treadwell. The food was delicious and our server suggested a choice of two local wines, neither of which was the most expensive on the list (which was extensive) but suited our tastes perfectly. The service was friendly, attentive but not overbearing. We also met some very nice people sitting next to us at dinner. All in all a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot in NOTLOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014I'm so glad that Treadwell has relocated to NOTL. An amazing meal with top-notch service! Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Hate the seating setupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014The restaurant has a line of small tables along a back wall. If you're seated there you must become friends with people on both sides of your table. This is very annoying if you wish to be speaking only to your dinner date. The next time we go we will ask to sit at the food bar and watch our food being prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treadwell's move a gemGordonGourmandDined on 10/5/2014. This past Sunday was our first opportunity to try Treadwell's newest restaurant It was spectacularly good. We sat at the Chef's Bar and enjoyed an entertaining evening watching the kitchen crew. . Started with Scallops and Pork Belly. First time we found it in Canada.. It was worth the wait. Then the pickerel with sweetbreads. Beautifully done. My wife had an excellent beet and chevre salad followed by confit of lamb. Also superb. Excellent wine pairings with every dish. Finished off with shared 5 cheese plate. Everything perfectly ripe in correct serving temperature. Seving staff were excellent, friendly and very professional. My wife made a reservation at the Chef's Bar for late November when she will be back in NOTLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!BmanVIPDined on 10/4/2014The menu is small but very interesting. We were four, and all of us found dishes we really enjoyed - all plates were cleaned! The real highlight was our server, who knew her menu inside and out and made excellent recommendations. A truly perfect pre-theatre mealSpecial Features:
- A True TreatSouthLazioDined on 10/1/2014There were three in our group when we visited Treadwell Farm-to-Table. All three of us agreed that it was a delicious meal and that the staff was as accommodating as they could possibly be. The duck was delicious as was the lamb. Even better were the first courses - beet salad as well as arugula salad were superb. The resaurant is small and it was crowded for a Wednesday evening but that's because the food is so good and the staff really helpful. By all means, go to Treadwell.Special Features:
- The best!MarieDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I had one of the best meals ever. We arrived early and instead of waiting for our table, we decided to take two seats at the bar. What a great decision - we saw all of the action! Wonderful open kitchen, staff so on their game, everyone at their stations creating perfection. It's not a very big prep area, but somehow they kept it together when a group of 12 arrived for appies and dinner. One person came out from the back and helped put together the most amazing meals. Ours was fantastic, with a great wine from Ravine vineyards. Go there whenever you can!Special Features:
- Good FooddmcmDined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent, and the service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceYummyintummyDined on 9/28/2014The girlfriend and I went for Sunday brunch. We were greeted by a pleasant young man and he sat us down at the patio. The patio was about 3/4 full at the time of seating. We sat at the table for 20 minutes, waiting patiently for a server to address us. There were 3 at the time and within that 20 mins, more than 1/2 the tables had cashed out. The 3 servers paid absolutely no attention to us and continued to walk aimlessly. I had gotten up and asked if we were going to be served. The host apologized and appeared to look for a server for us. We sat for another 10 minutes, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nothing happened, we got up and left. The host noticed but made no effort there on out. Horrendous service for this type of restaurant
- best in nolfairbalancedDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant- I think its the best in Niagara on the lake. The indoor seating is a little cramped so sit outside if you can. Food is excellent and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treadwell'sPAULYDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant exemplifies what a fantastic restaurant should be!!! From the personal service to the delectable cuisine, this will definitely be number one on my list to visit each and every time in Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lumch before the playfooddivaDined on 9/27/2014Four Torontonians reserved a table for lunch before the play. I had eaten at Treadwell's twice the month before. I found the quality of the food remarkable, the service very attentive despite the restaurant's being full, and the ambience very pleasant. I was not disappointed this time, and my guests thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The food preparation was unfussy and based on fresh, local ingredients: lots of herbs and vegetables. The roasted red pepper soup was very flavourful, our lobster sandwiches rich and satisfying. No room for dessert, unfortunately! I would recommend Treadwell's without hesitation to anyone who enjoys tasty fresh food impeccably prepared and served.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Yes, it is me again... I just went back to Treadwell again this past week, and got another special treatment from the good people at Treadwell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemoltogustoDined on 9/26/2014Initially, we were told we had to sit inside even though the outdoor tables were not occupied and I had made a reservation some time ago. Indoors was stuffy. Upon requesting a second time, a different hostess graciously investigated and was able to accomodate us outside. We were impressed by the menu, the extensive wine list, the knowledgable sommelier and the excellent service which followed. We had exquisite food on a fabulous, Indian Summer evening to be outdoors.Special Features:
- Best meal in town!DandDDined on 9/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The menu is somewhat limited, but full of creative options, and the preparation was outstanding - both the salmon and the lamb were among the best we have ever had. The wait staff were all very helpful and attentive. Although the open kitchen was a little noisy, it provided a welcome informality to the overall atmosphere. We will definitely be coming back when we return to the Shaw Festival next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationCarlyDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food and friendly service made for a very pleasant pre-show dinner experience.Special Features:
- awesome foodTbandKDined on 9/23/2014We both had the salmon and it was awesome. Outstanding management also. Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- A great addition to NOTLCleoVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located on the main street Treadwell is a super spot for lunch or dinner. We had lunch on the pretty patio. A little breezy, so they turned on the heaters and brought plush throws! Had the lobster club which deserves the raves I’d read. The arugula salad is nice to cut the richness, but we did have to ask for a bit more dressing as the leaves were pretty dry. Good cappuccinos. Would like to go back and try the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Best restaurant in Niagara. It's wonderful that this restaurant has moved downtown. It has excellent cuisine with local produce. We are foodies and enjoyed every mouthful. Lamb confit, Scallops with pork belly, tuna with beats and radish. Great friendly and attentive service. Small enough so the kitchen is not overwhelmed.Special Features:
- pretty plainfoodloverDined on 9/22/2014The restaurant was very clean and stylish, the server was absolutely fantastic and friendly. The beet salad appetizer was delicious, albeit a little redundant by the time I was through eating all those beets. The salmon dinner ordered by my companion and the pickerel dinner that I ordered were both very plain. I ordered the pickerel without the veal sweetbreads, and hoped for an alternative to make up for it, but I was offered no substitute - not even a potato or fries. So I had bland fish on a bland bed of spinach, surrounded by bland root vegetables. It tasted like everything on the plate had been steamed together, and put on a plate. And paid $34 for this entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niagara-on-the-lake-gemfoodloverDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The open kitchen is a nice touch. The food was excellent and the wine recommended by John was the icing on the cake! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful culinary experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Perfect for pre-theater, delicious creative meals and excellent service.Special Features:
- do not miss thisfabfoodformeDined on 9/21/2014After eating out at a number of the top rated restaurants in the Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake areas I have to say this was by far the best meal we had on our vacation. The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and perfectly cooked. The service was attentive and helpful and the wine list was wonderfully representative of the best of Ontario. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. You knew everything was first class without any of the unnecessary pretension that so many restaurants seem to think makes them top notch.Special Features:
- Fresh & SimpleSabaudia16Dined on 9/20/2014Love their farm-to-table concept. Outstanding service! Owner James really professional, charming and knowledgeable! Overall great experience. Would recommend for any occasion. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014seared tuna appetizer has a very fishy flavour and my wife couln't finish it.
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The establishment is well kept in terms of cleanliness, from general areas to washroom.Special Features:
- treadwellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the imaginative presentation and quality of the food. There were gnats flying around - we mentioned them to the waitress and she smiled....I don't suppose there was much she could do. Energetic may be one way of describing the noise level- I would say intrusive. The sommelier was helpful and shared her local insights. We were looking forward to trying Ontarian wines so we appreciated this. Our best meal in Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, wine & service but~CherenDined on 9/18/2014What a sin! If only the ambiance lived up to the incredible menu, wine, and service! Yes, could be rated a 5 out 5 if it wasn't for the over the top noise level. Though it is usually an energetic atmosphere, the other evening when we were there, the noise level felt like an out and out assault when a boorish, loud group of 9 or 10 literally took over from the moment they arrived about 8PM. An private room would not go amiss to seat large groups. We unfortunately literally ate and ran to escape. James Treadwell has been in touch and we appreciate his concern. His staff too were most apologetic on the night and they too put up with a lot from this group in question.Special Features:
- Farm to tableSallyDined on 9/17/2014Located on the vibrant Main Street this small restaurant has the most progressive menu around and a very nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came back!lindsaylassDined on 9/16/2014My second visit to Treadwell and I was not disappointed. Had a delicious cocktail (the whiskey ginger bitters one), loved the lamb. Got a great recommendation for wine. Service attentive. Will return here my next visit plus tell friends!Special Features:
- retiredguyDined on 9/16/2014Excellent and attentive food and service. Great Ontario only wine list. We ate outdoors, and blankets/ heaters active. The dining room is attractive but smallish. Facilities clean and accessible. A Niagara-on-the-lake must seeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutthursdayseatoutthursdaysDined on 9/14/2014Food was ok but not up to the standard I was expectingSpecial Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beNotAgainDined on 9/14/2014The app came really quickly, but our main dish (eggs benny, a lobster sandwich and fries) took about 1 hour after our apps came, and it wasn't very busy. The fries were over cooked and was hard, the lobster sandwich was too heavy with cream cheese, the eggs benny was the only thing that was ok. I would not go back based on the price.Special Features:
- Make a special occasion specialFoodfriendDined on 9/12/2014My new husband and I brought my parents to Niagara as a thank you for all they did for our wedding. It was important to us that we choose somewhere wonderful for dinner and Treadwell's did not disappoint. The food was incredible, and they did a beautiful job accommodating two of our party being vegan. The sommelier was knowledgeable and attentive and took the time to explain multiple options and allowed us to try a few different wines. We truly felt like VIPs getting special attention throughout the dining experience. Even though the restaurant was fully booked we felt like the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent DiscoveryGimpeyDined on 9/12/2014Delicious fresh food, great choices and excellent service. One of the best places for lunch in Niagara on the Lake! Will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- The reviews are correct!DavidDined on 9/12/2014Treadwell is considered by many reviewers I read to be the best restaurant in NOTL. I concur. The menu was imaginative (lunch menu included lobster roll on duck fat fried bread? wow) and wonderfully prepared. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. The setting was a little too bistro style for my liking for such a good menu, and I would think a romantic dinner would be better suited at many of the more formal restaurants. The noise level as a result was a little loud but not unusually so. Excellent selection of wines not seen on the lists of other restuarants in the area.Special Features: