39 West 24th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trestelleny.com/
- Phone: (212) 255-4655
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer corporate or private catering,
we offer a selection of Hors d'oeuvres, and differently priced menus custom made for our clients which will be served at table or buffet style.
We will provide food, drinks, servers and cook staff.
Any rental will have a separate charge and we will refer our usual companies.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area can be reserved for large business meetings, special, private and corporate events.
Our room has a reservation fee depending on hours, day of the week, number of guests or special holidays.
- Private Party Contact: Igor R. Manager 2122554655x
- Entertainment: We offer live music every Friday and Saturday nights. In addition, we also host traditional holiday parties.
A word from Tre Stelle
It is with pleasure that we invite you to dine at Tre Stelle where modern Italian cuisine meets tradition. A restaurant that has a fresh approach in a sophisticated and fun atmosphere. The authenticity of our regional cuisine mixed with a comfortable and communal vibe emphasizes Italian-centric philosophy. Our contemporary approach to Italian cuisine will surely excite the palate and should be refreshed with classic "Dolce Vita" cocktails created by Bar Master Richard Boccato of Dutch Kills. Each night Tre Stelle offers an happy hour from 4 pm to 7 pm. The concept is an important part of Italian life as a way of socializing and winding down after a day of work. It entails an elaborate spread of complimentary gourmet small plates when a cocktail or glass of wine is ordered. Tre Stelle opens at 7:00 am and is the perfect spot for the "Power Breakfast" when one can't wait for our Pre-fix Power Lunch menu (3-course meal for $19 a person.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tre Stelle reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Love this place for brunch!NanaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I love the brunch special at Tre Stelle. The food is good, but the service is exemplary. The grilled chicken is what you should get...not a fan of their bellini but the mimosa and pineapple juices are awesome. They have great tea as well and the waiters are always around to help with whatever you need. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicecalienteloDined on 10/3/2014Nice cozy restaurant, the food was really good. I went with my husband on a Friday night. I had lasagna which tasted very good and my husband had shripms with vegetables of the day which was also very good. The bathrooms are not located in the restaurant you have to go to the hotel and down one flight. Service was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badtrinity76Dined on 10/3/2014Not bad but not extraordinary For that price range it kind if lack in level of food and desert was bit disappointed.Special Features:
- KimballVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and service was very good. The homemade pasta was delicious. An enjoyable dinner!!Special Features:
- terriblerobsDined on 8/19/2014just terrible, the food, the service and the price. with all of the good restaurants in the neighborhood I can't believe we ended up coming here
- Take your time and money elsewhere!Diningfanatic9Dined on 8/5/2014Bought a groupon for dinner for $45, but ended up paying $25 in addition bc of included tip and tax. The place was dead, server had no knowlege about menu items. Wine was only limited to house red or white, which she didn't know the names of. White tasted fine but my boyfriends red tasted off! When she brought the bread, my boyfriend and I were in the middle of eating when she took it away from us without asking if we were done. I ordered veal which was overcooked and tasteless, my bf ordered chicken which wasn't bad but was denied paying $5 more for the steak which didn't make any since to us. Overall, this meal was very disappointing. The only thing that tasted good was the calamari appetizer. I would not waste your time coming here.
- DEAJV1Dined on 7/27/2014This was our second visit to TS. The first time was a great experience and do we went back again. We live in NYC and have gone to TS on weekends. I can't speak about TS during the week. However, the staff/chef are very attentive and I would not hesitate to go there during the week.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Tre Stelle reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedJennyBDined on 7/13/2014Chose this place through Groupon. It can be a hit or miss when it comes to dining at unknown places in NYC. This was definitely a hit. The food was excellent!!! The place was clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. I was very impressed and would definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon, A Good ValueJannVIPDined on 7/12/2014We ordered the Jumbo Shrimp appetizer-excellent, ravioli with butter and sage-ravioli were good but butter & sage sauce was unpleasant, My husband enjoyed his Veal Scallopine
- Great servicelovetoeatVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have eaten here a few times and were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food. The waiter was especially pleasant and helpful. The food was well-prepared, tasty and portions were more than adequate. In the past, we found that service and quality of the food had deteriorated, but we are glad it has been improved. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and will return.Special Features:
- Last Minute ChoiceReunionRCBYDined on 6/9/2014This was a "blind" choice. We were a large group that needed to eat right away when the first choice was too busy to accommodate us. It was a little disappointing for a NY restaurant but the food was decent and the server was attentive.Special Features:
- Nice digs. Awful food!BarbaraBVIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is quiet and attractive. The food was tasteless, except for the salad which seemed to have been doused in salt and some strange vinegar. The in estrone was pale and without any discernible flavor. How can meat lasagna have zero Tate? But it did. The seas bass appeared to be edible, but nothing special. This kitchen either. Weds a new cook or a Cooke with a spice rack.Special Features:
- ustravellerDined on 5/16/2014Good place, easy to get into on a busy Friday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceExcellentPlaceDined on 5/12/2014If you want to eat great great Italian Food this is the best place to go. Loved the decor and the music, quite for special occasions. The food is unbelievable, homemade pastas, lovelies antipastos with a unique fish and meat selection. The service was excellent, with great recommendations from the food and their spectacular Italians Wines list. Defenily coming back here with my date, if you want to impress your girl I extremely recommend that this is the place to go. Thank you Tres Stelle for this mind blowing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSaxxynycVIPDined on 5/6/2014Part of the Wyndham hotel on W 24th street behind Eataly, this neighborhood gem that used to be San Rocco, still has a delicious menu. The service was a little slow tonight but the food always pleases, we like coming back to dine here.Special Features:
- True italianfoodieVIPDined on 5/6/2014Food always perfectly prepared. Elegant presentations. A classic. Like dining on the Italian Riviera-minus the sea. Our favorite NY DINING spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot with great food.CityguyDined on 5/5/2014Bathroom is in basement of neighboring hotel. Only downfall. Otherwise very pleasent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so Foodmsilver345Dined on 5/3/2014Given all the outstanding Italian restaurants in NYC, Tre Stelle really can't compete, at least not based on the dishes we shared.
- Unpleasantly Surprised....grouponnotwelcomeDined on 5/2/2014If you are going to go to this restaurant, make sure you do not buy the Groupon deal that is currently available. The hostess referred to me as Groupon, 10 mins of looking at the menu the server tried to have the busboy take our order, and even after we ordered extensively over the Groupon, we still asked 3 times for a bottled wine list. The restaurant was empty at 9pm on a Friday and as we sat alone waiting for service we noticed the dirty curtains and cracked wall moulding. The only reason this restaurant received any stars is because the food was actually delicious. Although we will never be back there since they treated us like we were wasting their time, if you want to spend full dollar on the menu, you will not be disappointed.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2014Love my experience here. Had dinner with a friend and we were not rush at any moment, we had a very pleasant evening and for sure we will come back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReallyAmbassadorScotttDined on 4/30/2014Party of four we made reservations 745 The place was quiet The waiter spoke broken English which is cool. I've traveled over seas. However he brought our drinks, not with the top shelf liquor we requested. Just regular whiskey,,? We asked for fresh drinks, he said try don't have the top shelf "crown Royal" I'm sure. So when was he going to tell us. I would've left had I known. The good need lots of salt to flavor it. I usually don't add salt. This place is running a groupon glad we didn't purchase it. Beware. Just saying Really?
- In all honesty we used a GrouponkylewfaucherDined on 4/26/2014We used the Groupon which gave us 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 glasses of wine. After the meal when we got the receipt (so we could leave the appropriate tip) I was amazed to see the bill would have only be $90, the Groupon was $34, my girlfriend had an enormous steak and the wine was superb... you can imagine how thrilled we were to have only spent $34, even at $90, with me on a budget I wouldn't have minded. The food was perfectly portioned and well made. The service was modest, meaning I did not feel bothered once, felt as if we were alone in the restaurant but at the same time got all we wanted without having to"catch" anyone. Honestly I think it is one of my favorite places and I am from NJ and will admit I detest NYC.Special Features:
- Great food!GreatplaceDined on 4/19/2014This restaurant had great food, good service and is an excellent place to go for a quiet relaxing dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a So-so reviewyawasyDined on 4/19/2014Went to this with a friend and the service is quite great. We were served well however when we're trying to get the attention of the guy in the front for our bill. It took awhile. We werent sure what he was doing but it took a few heys and hello. But I the food was great I got to spend time with a great friend in a serene place. Hopefully he might not think that it was a date. Lol I hope soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the fear of spendingcdette29Dined on 4/18/2014This neighborhood gem is quiet and romantic. The prices are a little steep for a first date but definitely second or third date worthy. If ordering an appetizer definitely order the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes but ask for some olives, that would be the only thing missing from the dish. For dinner, all of the pasta dishes look amazing but a definite for me was the grilled salmon ($27). If you order desert, be sure to share because serving size may put you over the top and have you loosening your pants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York Italian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014We took a taxi down from Midtown Manhattan to Tre Stelle! What a gem in the city. The staff were exceptional and the choices on the menu were incredible! We started off with the Calamari appetizer. Quite a sizeable portion and we were not able able to finish it afraid we would not be able to fit in the main course! The main course was done to perfection. We ended off with a shared Tiramisu. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealmusetta3VIPDined on 4/8/2014We had a groupon for Tre Stelle and were really pleased with our meal. The veal Milanese was excellent one of the best we've had, but I would recommend adding a light dressing to the salad that was set atop the veal. It had no dressing and was tasteless unless you added your own lemon and olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare experience in the city...SHU3Dined on 4/5/2014We went there with a dinner for 2 Groupon, but we were 4 people. But they accommodated us without any problem. The service was first-class. Each staffs greeted us amiably. As far as we can see, all wait staffs including bus boys looked Italian or at least spoke italian which I think is a valuable asset. And the food was amazing. Everything was good but the veal stood out. Probably the best veal ever. And of course the dessert was heavenly. This restaurant became one of our favorite Italian instantly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very good. portionsFOODROCKSDined on 4/3/2014food was very good. portions were good. one negative was that the bread/.rolls were cold (a real downer for me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatTheMurrayVIPDined on 3/21/2014Not a good sign when you have a reservation but there is no table which is what happened when we arrived at 6:10 for our 6:15. They said they were overbooked which should not be my problem. They did manage to squeeze our party of 5 into a table for 4 but we were told they needed the table for a 7:30. We probably should have left since who wants to rush thru dinner? Three of us had finished our meal before the last two were served. I wish things went better, I was really looking forward to this dinner but it highly unlikely I would return. Seriously, a reservation should mean something. Very disappointed.
- Not bad but could be betterBuffaloBillVIPDined on 3/20/2014The main comment I have is that the service was very slow and considering that the restaurant was only about half full should not have been that way. In addition my drink order was forgotten twice. The food itself was ok, on the other hand we paid $22.00 for two glasses of red wine (limited choice of wine by the glass) so beware.
- Second timeDPerkVIPDined on 2/20/2014This was our second time here and the entire experience was most pleasant. There was a problem with my companion's dish but they made it right promptly with apologies. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Attractive venue/great hospitalityNediva18VIPDined on 2/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised to see wooden attractive venue this was. The waiters were most attentive and helpful. The food was good but not extraordinary. However given the overall experience I would certainly return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet Sunday BrunchboccaeaterVIPDined on 2/16/2014Went on a Groupon with my girlfriend for Sunday brunch over Presidents / Valentines Day weekend. Beautiful set up, spacious place, comfortable seating, completely empty. Good service, good food - definitely at or above the price. Would return even at full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fresh and tasty .ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Food was fresh and tasty .Servers paid attention to details and were very attentive! It was a very enjoyable meal-music included!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!JenrenmilDined on 2/9/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Tre Stelle. Food was outstanding. Would love to return.Special Features:
- Tre StelleNYNativeDined on 2/2/2014I enjoyed this restaurant on Superbowl Sunday for a quiet dinner in the Flatiron District. The ambiance and decor are very well done and the service is enjoyable. As for the food, it was pricey, but the service and atmosphere make up for it. And the meals were tasty, try the steak carpaccio. The only two qualms I have are that when you arrive, you see that it is a Wyndam Hotel restaurant (and this Wyndam is not exactly the InterContinental on 42nd St) and it is a turn off which then progresses to experiencing the "lovely" lobby where you have to go downstairs for the restroom while you dine. For me, the whole hotel thing, brings it down a star in the end. Still give it a try, the main back dinning room area was beautifully decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointingmpb46Dined on 1/24/2014Without going into too much detail, the food was equal (maybe) to Applebees. It was not well prepared. Nothing was terrible, but nothing was memorable. I would not return.
- Perfect Brunch spot.NanaVIPDined on 1/11/2014Tre Stelle has become my favorite brunch spot in the city. The service is impeccable, the food is outstanding and the place is gorgeous. I love that their brunch menu comes with tea and a mimosa. The waiter is always attentive and on call and they always check in on you. The turkey club, the omelet and the stuffed chicken are all recommended dishes. I really hope this place never closes and would recommend it to anyone who lives in New York.Special Features:
- Tre Stelle is nice!BrianDined on 1/2/2014Solid food, good service, nicely priced and QUIET.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.