Tre Piani & Tre Bar
120 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tre Piani & Tre Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trepiani.com/
- Phone: (609) 452-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 4-9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Weaver
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tre Catering offers a range of catering options on or off premise. We specialize in high end events and receptions as well as all corporate catering in the area.
- Private Party Facilities: Tre Piani has private areas available for groups of 30-300 and can provide a broad menu.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Nunes 6094521515x103
- Entertainment: Tre Bar adjacent to Tre Piani offers bi weekly DJ Dance parties on Friday Evenings.
A word from Tre Piani & Tre Bar
Tre Piani is a four star Italian-Mediterranean Restaurant that offers much more than expected. We specialize in using local ingredients in a European style. Fresh local produce, seafood, meats and cheeses all find their way onto the menu and daily additions. An award winning wine list and impeccable service compliments the experience. The vast space covers three floors and a huge outdoor patio. Tre Piani is open for lunch Monday-Friday and Dinner Monday through Saturday. Tre Piani is the perfect venue for all of your special occasions and parties. 609-452-1515 www.trepiani.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tre Piani & Tre Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)special occasion (35)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best Restaurant in MY neighborhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014I enjoy going to Tre Piani restaurant if I wany a nice, relatively quiet place to take a friend to celebrate some event. The food is very good, the service is excellent, and best of all the music is NOT BLARING so I can actually carry on a conversation with guest(s). It's somewhat out of the way, but there is plenty of parking. A little pricey --- but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DiamondsueandfriendsDined on 11/5/2014We were two couples out for an evening of dining and were very pleased at Tre Piani. We arrived for Happy Hour and then were seated for dinner. The menu is varied and has something to please everyone. We all relished our meals. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find for Great FoodLillDined on 11/1/2014Our food was excellent and all employees were very friendly. Our waiter Phil was really great and would request him again!Special Features:
- Mixed Grill Seafood SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The mixed grilled seafood salad was exceptional! The pieces of salmon and tuna were of a good size and not merely morsels:)...Special Features:
- Had to move tablesTigermumDined on 10/25/2014After booking on Open Table several weeks in advance we were dismayed to be seated in an extra banqueting room on the top floor on conference style tables and stackable chairs. The light was depressingly bright and we were next to the kitchen. Restaurant said that the Open Table reservation hadn't shown up in time for them to set a table in the proper restaurant which, by this time, was full. We were put in the bar which was fine initially, but then became very noisy when a large birthday party showed up. Food is excellent, it was disappointing not to sit in the prettier part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationAndyDined on 10/18/2014We took our daughter here to celebrate her 23rd birthday. The food was very good as usual and the service was excellent. They also did a nice rendition of Happy Birthday! We have been there several times and always have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining Experience2heartbeatsDined on 10/18/2014The Scallop dish was absolutely superb! And, the calamari appetizer was by far the best I've ever had. Beautiful atmosphere and the host and wait staff are very friendly and accommodating. Treat yourself ... it's worth every penny!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant.luvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014Food, service and ambiance were outstanding. Tre Piani delivered again. All staff were friendly and responsive, and the food was cooked to special order. Our party of four had a great evening.Special Features:
- Fresh and tastyJDFoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014The arugula salad and fresh mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes were delicious! The Griggstown chicken is always a good choice and the osso buco was delicious (and the bone had a mini fork in it to enjoy the marrow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Prepared To Wait For Your FoodOmnivore1Dined on 10/7/2014We did not order anything complicated yet tables arrived and were served long before our food arrived. The waiter blamed a large private party on the 3rd floor. We must have waited more than 30 - 40 minutes between the appetizer and the entree. The food is not all that remarkable so the wait was definitely not worth it. An italian restaurant that cannot make a decent red sauce is suspect. There is no reason to return to this restaurant and the reputation it has is underserved.
- Great ambiance, Food was notOnetimeCustomerDined on 10/3/2014The food was not up to standards, the appetizer (Beef Carpacio), was thick and definitely not fresh. The Pizete contained the most blandest of sauce ever tasted. The Osso Buco was overly salted, but tender. The highlight of evening was the desert, Tiramisu was excellent, I would return for the desert, nothing else.Special Features:
- Not for foodiesbeaugestusDined on 9/27/2014Liked everything about the place except the food. Although I haven't been there for years and had enjoyed my experience there, I found the food not very good. I believe in giving a restaurant more than one chance, we'll see.......Special Features:
- Food could have been betterRichDined on 9/26/2014This was my first time back in some time. Very nice restaurant, but food wasn't what I remembered or expected. I had a breaded chicken dish which was very over cooked and tasteless. My girlfriend had the lasagna which she said was ok. I like the ambiance of this place but expect more especially since it is not inexpensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/17/20143 key items (anything with tuna, avocado and no pizzettes) not available from menu and were not told until each person tried ordering. Service was slow so business lunch ran too long.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!!!TommyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks are wonderful - overall experience was great - makes you feel at home!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solicitousamoreDined on 9/13/2014I ordered a pasta dish, forgetting that the menu said it included peppers. It turned out to be much too hot for me, so they kindly brought me a version without the heat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I had an excellent meal.My pignoli crusted scallops were unique and very tasty,while my wife enjoyed her filet very much.Our Caesar salad was one of the best.Portions were ample and our waiter was outstanding.Very personable and knowledeable about the restaurant's offerings.Special Features:
- neverhomeVIPDined on 9/12/2014One of our favorite places to eat and when we can get an outside table, we are in heaven. We shared a Caesar salad to start. It was split in the kitchen, a detail we so appreciate. Dinners were veal sorrento no and crispy spaghetti, a dish I have enjoyed here previously and not seen anywhere else. A Chilean Sauvignon Blanc washed everything down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was just okay. It must have been a bad night for the Host; he was not a happy person and passed on his misery. Pizza oven has been broken for two weeks. Food pricy for the portion and just okay.
- luv2eatluv2eatDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful restaurant with lovely ambience. Great menu with lots of choices. Food is fresh and well prepared. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious mealsBJJ5Dined on 9/10/2014We tried the "worlds best meatballs", and they truly were delicious! The arugula salad was equally delicious and so fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereRugoateeDined on 8/29/2014Found this restaurant on amazon local and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere and great location. A great find and worth returning to.Special Features:
- Fine Dining with Fine Dining PricehiFiDined on 8/18/2014I had no doubt about the great service the waiters provided. I did have to call them a couple of times to help explain some of the items on the list and they were happy to do it. The overall look and ambiance of the restaurant was excellent and as was expected of an Italian restaurant of this caliber. The Halal menu was sufficient and there were many choices. It was a first time experience. I wouldn't come to the restaurant regularly due to the pricing but for those rare celebratory occasions, it might be worth to travel to Princeton. Food was mild in taste as far as spices are concerned, which was expected. Restaurant is good for first time experience of fine dining.Special Features:
- Night out for dinnerguestDined on 8/11/2014Met a friend at the restaurant. she had never been there but I had. Service and food were terrific. Food could have been served a bit hotter. The waitress was very nice but was not strong enough to carry two plates so that she needed help when she came to table to serve us. Other than that, the service was attentive and the food terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was good (as usual), however, there was a large party in another room. As a result, it took a long time for our food to come out. Unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadoneVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful restaurant, whether one eats in or out. Food & service were excellent. Location, however, is within a quiet outdoor mall so does not attract many people. You really have to know its there.Special Features:
- Great dining spot.LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014We always enjoy going to Tre Piani for lunch. The food is great and service has always been courteous and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 442 reviews are from the Tre Piani & Tre Bar reviews archive.
- Outdoors on a summer eveningWillDined on 7/16/2014Tre Pianist has a great setting for al fresco dining overlooking the central square in Forrestal Village. Unlike many other places, Tre Piani is off the road, making their outdoor experience very pleasant. Their service is attentive and professional. Peter, at the front desk, is a warm host, greeting regulars by name. The food has gotten a bit uneven. My dining companion's pasta was overlooked and the pignoli crust on my scallops was leathery rather than crunchy. That said, the scallops themselves were large and sweet and my companion's crab and avocado salad was delicious. Tre Piani is a good place and with more care in the kitchen, they could be great, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/15/2014I have eaten here many times and the food and service is always interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Fabulous oysters! Friendly service; nice ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pupmamaDined on 7/12/2014We were there on a beautiful summer evening. The outdoor seating area is lovely, the food is very well prepared & the staff is extraordinarily accommodating--from Peter that greeted us to Alex our server and everyone else that we encountered during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodThordDined on 7/8/2014Food always exceeds expectations, I should really come here more often. Also glad they use local, fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Perfect night to dine outside. We shared prosciutto and honeydew to start. Dinners were the crispy spaghetti and veal valdostana. We were disappointed that the soecisl of swordfish was already sold out.Special Features:
- Good ...Could be bettergoldrushDined on 7/3/2014Nice room. The potential is there. but portions are small and overpriced.
- Never again!!FrancescaDined on 7/3/2014The service was terrible. Long wait for drinks, wrong sides, wrong coffee order, wrong desserts. Food was cold. When it was sent back, it was microwaved! The feature dish of scallops was burnt. No apologies=no returns!
- Terrible service, rude managementMajiDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time going to Tre Piani. The first time we went we weren't in love with it but we had friends suggest we try it again. The second time was so much worse than the first. When we arrived it seemed like we had 2 waiters fighting for our table and once our order was taken they both gave up the fight an neither came back to our table. We got our salads right away then had to wait over and hour for our entree which were pasta dishes that had clumped together and were under cooked. The manager made no apology for anything and was very reluctant to comp any of our meal. When he finally did he made it seem like he was doing us a huge favor. We won't be going back again.
- Over pricedRMEPDined on 6/27/2014Overall poor service. Waiter not familiar with items on menu. Some items very over priced. Hard location to find. Overall experience not very good.
- Good food, horrible serviceJmacysynDined on 6/27/2014I've always found the appetizers better than the entrees here. The mozzarella is delicious. The service we had here the last time really ruined our evening though. We went for our anniversary and we had to track down our waiter every time we needed something. If I go here again and get seated in his section I will ask to be reseated or just leave (and I've never done that before).
- quality not quantityJDFoodieVIPDined on 6/23/2014The best value at Tre Piani is the Friday night dinner special for $29.95 for 3 courses. But we love to be here during the week when we can enjoy a quiet dinner outside on the patio. Its like being in Italy in a piazza and the food is as good. We know the portions will not be huge and the prices not small, but we appreciate the freshness and quality of everything we eat. We love the flavors of the Griggtown chicken and the fresh oysters. The housemade mozzarella makes the capressi salad perfect. The pastas are light (although not all the sauces are, but you can ask for anything and they'll try to accommodate). Love, love, love it here. Cheers to Jim Weaver for keeping it going and never relinquishing quality for quantity!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceluvtoeatDined on 6/21/2014Our dinner was excellent as was the service, ambiance, and reception. From the Matre De thru the waitress and support staff, all were professional, responsive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.