548 Laguardia Pl
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tregiovaninyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 475-7420
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:15am - 3:00pm
Saturday: 11:15am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tre Giovani
Fresh and delicious Italian Food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tre Giovani reviews from OpenTable diners
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Went with our two nephews and had a very enjoyable meal. As a matter of fact, one of our nephews remarked that his chicken parmesan dish was better than his mother's...but don't tell her!
- Lunch menu on Sunday!RetiredGourmetVIPDined on 7/27/2014This unpretentious small Italian restaurant is one of the few Greenwich Village restaurants with outdoor dining on a very wide sidewalk. We were there for Sunday lunch and were delighted to order from a regular lunch menu rather than an egg-centric brunch menu. The salad was large, fresh and light. Thin crust Pizza was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okaynjdinerDined on 6/1/2014we walked by this restaurant on our way from an event in Washington Square Park. It was empty except for one table when we got there. 3 tables sat down after us, got their food before us, and paid and left before use while we were waiting for service. They didn't notice we didn't have utensils, we had to ask. The lasagna was plain, my son didn't enjoy the mussels in his pasta, he took one bite and said they tasted "off". I did have a beautiful salad, nicely dressed, not too much. They gave us food and asked if we wanted cheese and pepper, but then never came back with either. Took a while to convince our daughter to eat her pasta without waiting for cheese. but for a small restaurant the wait staff disappeared pretty well!
- Authentic Italian FarePeteDined on 5/19/2014Our family of 5 enjoyed a fantastic meal at this "off the beaten trail" gem in West Village. Close to everything, but not in the main restaurant area, we had a relaxed meal of authentic Italian favorites served by native Italians. A bit of a problem with communicating with our waiter, but that largely added to the experience for us. Not a big wine list, but what we had was fine. Reasonably priced, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average neighborhood ItalianMominnyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We needed a close, easy, cute, yummy place for ladies night. I looked on Opentable and this place got decent reviews, was walking distance from our home, and sounded like it'd be fun and convenient and good. It was convenient. It was fun because of the ladies. However....a tv over the bar? Really disorganized wait service. A pretty limited wine list. No hard liquor. Mediocre food. Just blah. :-(
- First timersjwltechVIPDined on 4/19/2014We dined her with my niece, her Father ( my GREAT Brother IL) my daughter and her Husband...the service was very good, it got much better when I mentioned, that I drank "a lot of water". The food was superb and is a definite repeat when we visit our Daughter and our S-I-L in November!Special Features:
- comfortable and happynewplaceDined on 4/5/2014Food good, small Italian place, quiet enough for pleasant non-screamed conversation, simple, very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al dente pasta!Gpl2013Dined on 2/14/2014We asked for some classic al dente spaghetti with olive oil and garlic. Not on the menu but delicious Italian Classic. Excellent food. Delicious and reasonable Brunello to wash it down. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny, basic American ItalianKFOXVIPDined on 1/14/2014good for a large group of eaters- two of the party were gluten free and they had GF pasta available. everything was tasty and simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Show DinnerMrsAjwDined on 12/22/2013My family and I went to see a show at nearby NYU and were looking for somewhere close to have dinner. Tre Giovani was close and moderately priced. We had a wonderful time. Our waiter was authentically Italian, which made the dishes even more delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/22/2013We arrived early enough to not be pushed out the door. At one point some guy about 6 feet tall comes to the table grabs the wine bottle and our glasses and off he goes. I wasn't even certain the bottle was empty. The food was not special, in fact, rather ordinary. The female wait staff were attentive and pleasant enough. We resolved not to return.,