403-405 N Haddon Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trefamiglia.com/
- Phone: (856) 429-1447
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday thru Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Cipollone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Tre Famiglia offers both on and off-site catering. On-site catering can accommodate up to 35 in the smaller room and 80 in our larger room and up to 300 off premise. We also have the Galasso Room (private) with a large table that seats from 14 to 18 guests at one large dining table or up to 22 with the tables split..
Off premise catering with a customized menu
Please contact Angela Martinelli at 856-429-1447 with any special requests or concerns you may have regarding an upcoming event.
- Entertainment: Dining Room Music
- Special Events: South Jersey Hot Chefs Restaurant Week, Farm to Fork, Dining for Life, Weddings, Showers, Christenings,Rehearsal Dinners, Funeral luncheons, Anniversaries, Business Seminars Christmas Eve Take-out full menu and Seven fish
Off premise catering up to 300 guests.
A word from Tre Famiglia
Since its opening in 2005,Tre Famiglia has built a customer base from local patrons as well as individuals from the suburbs of Philadelphia VOTED BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT ,2014 Courier Post,Best BYOB 2008-09-10-11-12-13-14 ,Best Place to do Lunch, Best Gnocchi 2011-12-13,bringing it's home-style Italian fare from its South Philadelphia landmark Chip's Restaurant established in 1903, the Cipollone family has landed across the river in the quaint town of Haddonfield. From the first day the doors opened diners from both near & afar sing the praises for the quality and consistency that are a part of every dish served. Don't don't be shy stick your head in the kitchen and give a wave to Pop Chip, 86 years old and his son Robert (head chef) continue to preserve their family traditions and recipes. Private parties and Catering serving from 10 to 80 patrons will most definitely leave your guests with a lasting impression.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tre Famiglia - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
Tre Famiglia reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)fit for foodies (106)special occasion (87)good for groups (66)romantic (33)hot spot (23)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Second time in two weeks that we had dinner at Tre Famiglia. Both times were on a Saturday night so the place was packed. Food was great both times but on our last visit we were seated right in front of the door. Every time the door opened, which was often, we got a blast of very cold air. They really need to do something about how they have configured the entrance way. It would probably cost them some tables which is why the don't do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedLocalDined on 11/22/2014The food is excellent, but the end of our meal was quite uncomfortable with owner, wait staff and hostess giving us looks as we finished our wine and coffee. Our dessert was being taken away before we finished and one members meal was being taken until he politely let them know he wasn't finished. This was less than two hours for our party of six. I will not go to this restaurant on a Saturday again with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSuzeoliDined on 11/15/2014Had an 8:15 reservation and waited about 25 minutes. Not usually an issue but had to wait outside and it was cold. Holding wine in the cold for 25 minutes is not fun. Only downside. The service was solid. My wife had the Bronzino and it was fantastic. Bolognese excellent. Food here is excellent from appetizers to entrees to desserts and coffee. Would highly recommend and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was disappointing.LadyLeftDined on 11/15/2014Liked the place; server was good although it took a long time for the food come; food disappointing. Thought it lacked flavor and presentation was poor. I ordered the Tre Famiglia chicken which was defined as chicken Marsala w/crab. Had 3 mushrooms & 1 piece of crabmeat and no taste.Expected better. I'm not interested in returning.
- Good FoodNiNiVIPDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant approximately five times. The food is always good and so is the service. This past Saturday evening, there were a lot of large parties which made the noise level very high. I don't think we will come back to this restaurant on a Saturday night. Probably another night would be less noisy. The restaurant gets very crowded, but we were seated on time for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinasicDined on 11/10/2014Food and service were great. I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian FareMike28aVIPDined on 11/9/2014The menu at Tre Famiglia has many of the classic Italian-American dishes. The nice thing was that they were prepared with care and presented beautifully. We had some of the special appetizers, including a calamari beet salad with warm goat cheese dressing that was superb. My main, an osso bucco filled tortellone was also excellent. BYOB, so I brought an outstanding Brunello that made the plates shine. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceRichVIPDined on 11/8/2014Last Saturday was our third and last visit. It started with being seated at a tiny table that was perpendicular to the rest of the tables in the row so it could be squeezed in. To better understand this bizarre arrangement, every time the people to the right and left of us backed their chair up, they banged into our table. The service was rushed and uncoordinated. Someone needs to train the relatively young male wait staff that people are there to dine, not just eat. The waiter broke the cork of my $125 2002 cab in his rush to tell us the specials. We had to ask for bread twice. They dumped my girlfriends half finished entree without offering to box it. If you go, keep your wits about you. This is no place to relax.
- dine4Dined on 11/8/2014We were most impressed with this restaurant. There was a nice variety of selections and the food was outstanding! Service and attention were above our expectations. We certainly will return here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best neighborhood Italian byobcraigbVIPDined on 11/7/2014Like many people in south jersey I am literally drowning in italian restaurant choices. After eating at just about every one I will gladly put Tre Familia at the top of the traditional neighborhood byobs. It starts with the quality of their sauces, the foundation for the meals, and continues with their delicate preparation of meats. Portion sizes are perfect and the specials are the highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceKrisDined on 11/3/2014The service was outstanding and the food was very good. As we each ordered one of that evening's specials, we wish to return to sample some of the entrees off the regular menu to get a complete sense of what their offerings are. The specials were good although a little pricey. That was fine with us this time as we were celebrating our 41st anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite "Go to" place!CindyDined on 11/1/2014The sausage and figs are by far our favorite appetizer! I had fish, my friend had crab cakes and the guys had pasta. Nothing disappointed! We passed on dessert but would have loved to have tried the pumpkin bread pudding! If you haven't been to Tre Famiglia, you are truly missing out on a diamond in the rough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It was the 2nd time I was there and I found the food excellent both times. The only issue on the 2nd visit was it was a Saturday nite and the noise was very high. You could hardly have a conversation. So I would probably return on a week nite. The service was very good. There was always someone to fill your water glass without asking. The only other issue was that I had stated on the reservation it was for a birthday and no mention was made of it. We ordered hazelnut ice cream which was yummy and was told by the waiter that it was homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to likeeatoutqueenVIPDined on 10/29/2014Four of us enjoyed the dinner special of $21.95 for 3 courses and couldn't have been more pleased. The food was excellent as was the service Two ordered the Veal Parm and two ordered the Walnut and Asiago crusted chicken -- so tender. Soup was very tasty as was the Fried Cheesecake for dessert. This was my 2nd time there in less than a month and will do again.Special Features:
- Mixed EmotionsSharpponyDined on 10/25/2014My Wife has been after me for quite a while to try Tre Famiglia in Haddonfield so for our 25th Anniversary I surprised her and made a reservation at the restaurant. As soon as we entered I knew I was in trouble. The noise level was painful to me. We were seated and it was somewhat more tolerable there. The service was very good and the food was delicious and bountiful. Other than the noise level, I enjoyed Tre Famiglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LaviniaDined on 10/25/2014This was our second time dining here with friends and we were delighted again. One friend has eaten here repeatedly and has tried most everything on the menu and raves about it. We can't wait to go back to find more favorites. It's lovely to walk around the shops of Haddonfield and then enjoy a good meal.Special Features:
- Harvest week Amazing!totodancerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We always LOVE the $35 meals that they have about 4 times a year. They really are not to be missed! Just so incredible. Our Server, Nick, was an absolute delight! Quick and attentive. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent overallChachiDined on 10/24/2014The food was spectacular. Noise level was fairly high. Great service even though it was a busy restaurant week night. I am normally a Meat purist (salt, pepper, little butter). But I would order the filet in mushroom cream sauce again in a heartbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Dining at Tre Famiglia is always a wonderful experience. If you love good food you will love Tre Famiglia.Special Features:
- Always fabulous food!GoochDined on 10/24/2014Never disappointed! Risotto to die for! Must have reservation, our favorite south jersey spot for Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!JimDDined on 10/24/2014We made our reservation for this restaurant because the menu that they were offering for the SJ Hotchefs fall harvest week looked very good. We were not disappointed! The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was excellent! The restaurant looked completely full, so it was apparent that many people appreciate this restaurant! We will certainly go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014we first came to tre famiglia on a saturday night in july and have been back over 6 times for various special occasions and to bring friends! love our new find! food is always fabulous, interesting menu and reasonably priced. a wonderful family owned place!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014The restaurant was very busy, and very very loud. the waiters were great, and the food was very good just not great as when you go on another week. My rack of lamb was more than medium rare. Dessert, soup, and salad course were very goo especially desert.Special Features:
- MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Once again we had a marvelous time - even though the place was very busy, food and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryTwoHungryTwoDined on 10/23/2014Everything was excellent! All foods were as described on their menu and beautifully presented. Our waiter was James who was fabulous. Highly recommend and strongly suggest reservations, BYOB!Special Features:
- Don't go on restaurant week!GrandfanDined on 10/23/2014I have been to this restaurant quite a few times, and it has always been great. But on restaurant week, the food was stone cold. I sent it back and it came back barely warm. They were just too busy to take care of things. The place was jam packed. Good for the restaurant but I think the chefs just couldn't keep up.Special Features:
- dinnershortribsDined on 10/22/2014hostess did great job from begining by getting us our table due to rain. Cole was waiter did agreat job. We made it easy we already new what we wanted, and food was great. Pumpkin dessert was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rita52940Dined on 10/21/2014My husband and I had another wonderful dinner at Tre Famiglia. The food and service is outstanding. It is a perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or just have a nice meal with family or friends.Special Features:
- never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Always delicious, always good service, always happy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Terrific!!luvs2travelDined on 10/19/2014Dinner at Tre Famiglia is always a treat. The menu is creative, exciting and flavorful. We have NEVER had a bad meal here. The place is always busy, the service has always been excellent. Our waiter was Nick on Sunday evening, he explained that the place was busy since it was the first night of Harvest Week and yet he was attentive to our needs as well as the busboy who kept our water glasses full. We tried to order everything on the menu (there were 4 of us dining together) but three of us couldn't resist ordering the Cioppino. Desserts were fabulous! The Hazlenut icecream with the crepe was wonderful. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- DebiVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing and very inventive. Best dinner in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSuz10Dined on 10/18/2014Beautifully decorated, great atmosphere with friendly servers. From the appetizers to dessert were utterly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we found it sooner!Jersey11Dined on 10/18/2014Start to finish it was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious and the service equally good with well timed course delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed the food, the service was good, but it was extremely noisy and difficult to hear my husband speak across the table.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014This is such a special place.....the food is amazing and the service is just wonderful....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMjohnhughDined on 10/15/2014Delicious. Their risotto was the best ever. I had the sea bass special tonight with pineapple salsa. So yummy on top of fresh corn risotto. This is one of my top 5 favorite places to eat. It is a bit on the expensive side, so it's a special occasion type of place for my family. But so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- famagliadiningstarDined on 10/12/2014Went for Restaurant Week, but had the wrong week. Food was very good, especially the Bolognese sauce and the chicken Roberto. Will return again soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!LianeDined on 10/11/2014Tre Famiglia has an excellent menu. The food is always first class. It is fresh, delicious and plated nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with group!Out2niteDined on 10/11/2014Food and service was superb! There were 6 of us out and there were no complaints except the room was filled on this Saturday night and very noisy! Even was difficult to talk across the table! But will definitely be back for the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20-year wedding anniversaryValsyDined on 10/8/2014We have been to this restaurant a number of times and this is where we wanted to come to celebrate this special day. My husband and I had a wonderful dinner experience. Everything was perfect!Special Features: