Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
15 West 21st Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roberto089.com/ZeroOttoNove/trattoria_zero_otto_nove.htm
- Phone: 2122420899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Roberto Paciullo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at (212) 242-0899 ext.0 for more information on our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is available for party sizes of 15-30 people. It is on our second level and partially overlooks the main dinning room. We offer custom prix-fixe menus, charged per person.
- Private Party Contact: Bruno or Tony 2122420899x0
A word from Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
Roberto Paciullo’s hometown of Salerno is transported to the streets of Manhattan. Zero Otto Nove is the second outpost of his famous restaurants from Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. From the atmosphere to the food, stopping by Zero Otto Nove is taking a quick trip to Italy. The wood-burning brick oven is at the center turning out classics like the Margherita, and Roberto's originals, such as La Riccardo with butternut squash puree, smoked mozzarella, spicy pancetta, and basil. All the pastas are homemade, and all ingredients are brought in from New York's Real Little Italy, Arthur Avenue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Zero Otto Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (20)romantic (17)great for lunch (16)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great find!KathyDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Zero Otto and will definitely be returning on future trips to NYC. Ordered everything our waiter recommended and it was all fabulous. Great sea bass special and pasta with fresh black truffle. Lovely profiteroles and cheesecake for dessert and the red wines were fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceMAS2013VIPDined on 9/15/2014Great new restaurant, attentive service, cannot wait to go back aganSpecial Features:
- Great central NY restaurantJulharringworthDined on 9/14/2014Authentic New York Italian eating Great pizzas and salads Good simple menu and wine list Friendly helpful staff Reasonable price I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed.gigiDined on 9/11/2014when to the new Armonk location and I would never go back. very expensive and the food was just fair.expected the restaurant to be outstanding. very disappointed
- Food Good, Service FairKeyGuyDined on 9/7/2014Good Italian fare. Service needs improvement. Went on a not very busy Sunday Evening and the service was slow and irregular. One drink served instead of two. Vegetable served well into our meal. Forgotten bread. They usually do better. Even so......Pasta was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentGarymanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great food, fantastic service. Would go again in a heartbeat. Pizza and pastas are all delicious!Special Features:
- My favorite Italian restaurantJoAnneVIPDined on 9/4/2014We yet again had a wonderful dinner at Trattoria Zero Otto Nove. It is just like eating at Roberto's except the dining room is larger. The food is always fabulous, the service helpful and attentive, and just overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good!BarbaraDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food Very good service Family friendly ConsistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS good s expectedWoodeDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night after the theater. Even though we were early, we were accommodated and proceeded to have a terrific dinner. Veal was succulent, the grilled octopus outstanding. Service was excellent! Parking directly next door! What more could ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereJayJayDined on 8/26/2014Came here for a birthday celebrations. It had a very dark, rustic, Italian feel to the place. The marghertia brick oven pizza was the highlight of our meal. The short ribs were decent. I would pass on the squid ink pasta and the grilled octopus... Other places do a better job. The chocolate lava cake with ice cream was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirsttimeDined on 8/24/2014I didn't enjoy the food as much as i thought I would since my daughter raved about it. Very small portion as well for a very expensive price. No side dish with the chicken. Etc..i would not go there again but that's my opinion my daughter loves it and brings people all the time.Special Features:
- Excuse me, would you season my foodAthleticBakerDined on 8/23/2014NOTHING was seasoned properly! While conceptually menu items were delicious on paper, they were lost in translation on the plate. Everything needed salt. I don't think the recipes were tasted throughout... The meal was nearly $100 and not worth it in the least bit. Our server was nice. The ambiance is nice as they use marble tables and you can hear your guests. I won't go back. There is better food out there.Special Features:
- Amazing.DaniBVIPDined on 8/22/2014What a spot. The food is to die, I walked in the door and smelled the truffles... I had to order the pasta special with freshly shaved black truffles & parm - it was the hit of the table. Everything else was spot on too, though. Our waiter was so so nice, didn't rush us at all. The restaurant itself is a nice design, as if you're eating all fresco in the streets of Salerno. Proper pizza oven - didn't have pizza but it looked great. All pasta is homemade, my dad absolutely loved his veal entree. Antipasti wasn't like any we've had - and as Italians, good Italian food is a TOUGH sell. It was our first time there (& I brought my parents), and they were asking the waiter if they take Easter reservations... now THAT'S a compliment! Bravo 089!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta and Excellent Pizza!DebSDined on 8/15/2014We've been to this restaurant a few times and it's always very good. They have some unique pasta dishes such as one with butternut squash which is terrific as well as some of the best pizza in NYC! Definitely make reservations in advance. It's a casual dining experience with excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Buona!LuigiDined on 8/14/2014We love this place -- been back twice and will continue to go. The food is fantastic, genuine italian. The wine list is substantial, good choice and fairly priced. The chef's specials are different and delicious. And, it's all done with terrific and smiling service. Really an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- relaxing atmosphereMaryKayDined on 8/14/2014Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We never felt rushed. Very relaxing. Pizza was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nebraska77VIPDined on 8/6/2014My first time at the Manhattan locale. Menu very much like the Arthur Avenue restaurant. Noisy but manageable. Plan to return. Good value.Special Features:
- Exciting Find!ScottDined on 8/3/2014Being a New Yorker who has Litle Italy wihon walking distance I picked out this hidden gem on OpenTable.com by it's photos and menu. WHAT A PLEASENT EXPERIENCE! The abbiance was wonderful, the food great, and the waiter a spectacular guy! If you want just a relaxing experience with great food and a truly excellent staff go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingJojoDined on 7/31/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant bc apparently the one in the Bronx is amazing. The food was very average. There was nothing special about the dishes we ordered and the atmosphere struck me as more of a chain restaurant than a hidden gem. Even the menu had more of a chain restaurant vibe and the ingredients didn't seem fresh or authentic. The service was friendly and the wine was ok but as far as Italian food goes, there are much better restaurants in NYC.
- Nice ambiance, great serviceAliyaDined on 7/31/2014I went here for dinner with a group of 6 on a Thursday evening. The restaurant is spacious and there was plenty of room for our party. We ordered a lot of wine, which was a bit pricey, and a mix of pizzas and entrees. I had pizza, which was very good. We stayed for several hours and did not feel pressured to leave or wrap up our meal, and the staff were very attentive and accommodating throughout. Overall, a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- You're In Italy!BronxGirlDined on 7/29/2014The food is totally reminiscent of being there with a longer menu of pastas, meats, and interesting vegetable dishes, no boring fare here! The inventive and incredibly delicious cannoli are the perfect dessert, crispy and creamy. Mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014My pasta and vegetable dish was overcooked. The coffee was stale and bitter, but they did make a fresh pot for me after noticing that I was not drinking the coffee.
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Such a lovely time. Brought a guest from out of town. Thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza fine but not "wow"MademoiselleModeDined on 7/26/2014As an establishment from Arthur Avenue, we had higher expectations. The pizza was fine, but definitely not near the best we've had.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We have been to Roberto's two restaurants in the Bronx and wanted to give the Manhattan location a try. We were not disappointed.The food was excellent as usual. Looking forward to trying the new location in Armonk.Special Features:
- AromMDVIPDined on 7/10/2014had tried numerous Italian restaurants in the area. ZeroOtto Nove certaily is the best in the area!Special Features:
- NothingHowardVIPDined on 7/8/2014I think my expectations were too high. The connection to Roberto in the Bronx gave me high hopes. I found the food here quite ordinary.Special Features:
- Fantastic Gastronomic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014This is the best Italian food outside Italy. It follows the tradition of its sister restaurants in Arthur Avenue of homemade extraordinary Italian food. The portions are big suitable to have a tapas type experience. Great for groups!Special Features:
- FastEddieDined on 6/26/2014Very good food and service. Relatively reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passed our pizza test!NYCGERDined on 6/26/2014Two New Yorkers and three world travelers from Sydney who wanted to try pizza in New York (their favorite was in Italy...) but didn't want to shlep to the outer-boroughs - we picked Zero Otto Nove because they have a home restaurant on Arthur Avenue. The pizza was great - thin but chewy crust, tasty sauce and good topping options. The kids loved the margherita; our favorite was the broccoli rabe & sausage. The pasta with truffles (a seasonal special) also got raves. For dessert, we loved their take on cannoli and the cheesecake. I rated it good instead of very good because the service was a little confused. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- black pasta!PastaloverDined on 6/25/2014Love black pasta with squid ink ! and grilled octopus is must, so soft and delicious, though a bit noisy and if you come with group, it's hard to talk ...anyway, will come back soon.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceesidedinnerlargeDined on 6/20/2014Server and staff were attentive and responsive while not rushing any point of the meal. Polpettine, Polenta and Caprino and Rigatoni Salernitana were excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing specialnycgirlDined on 6/19/2014Service was great! But that was it. Food was just OK, some dishes were too salty. The meat was cook well, but the grill calamari were nothing special. Small pieces and a bit too salty, can't even rembrred how it was served! The meatballs were small without much flavor and a bit to compressed. Sauce was good but the dish was too salty. Salad the same, and the eggplant was sliced into thing strips. Placed on top? The cannoli was unrolled she'll was oily and the filling tasted just like cream no cannoli flavor?? Forccctcha was good the Italian bread was nothing special, just a veciel for dipping into the olive oil. Olive oil again nothing special. The atmospher was very null and it was clam and quiet,but no energy or excitement! Just ok.
- What happened here?MLC1Dined on 6/17/2014This restaurant used to be so good. I had a great meal with friends here back in early February. I went on Tuesday with a friend and we both had shockingly bad meals. The meatballs in the appetizer tasted as if they had been sitting in the refrigerator for about a week. The fish entree I had appeared to be a frozen fillet which was drenched in a tasteless tomato sauce. My companion had the seafood pasta special which had almost no seafood in the dish. Overall, a truly lousy meal and I will not be returning anytime soon.
- Good food, disappointing serviceChelsea79Dined on 6/14/2014Regarding the food: I didn't care for my selection, Orecchiette with shrimp, scallops, & cauliflower. The shrimp were very little and the dish was 'fishy' tasting. My (3) friends thoroughly enjoyed their meals and the deconstructed cannoli they shared for dessert. I was disappointed with the service. Perhaps our server was just having a bad night or they were short handed last Saturday night...nonetheless, I had to get up 3x to find someone who could find our server and direct him to our table. Interestingly, there were more large parties (8-10 people) than smaller parties dining there. Good to know if you need to organize a birthday celebration! I'll definitely go back and try the pizza which is rumored to be fantastic!Special Features:
- Worth it for the food, not serviceActiveLDined on 6/14/2014Both the hostess and the waiter seemed to not care at all that we were there, let alone happy or satisfied with anything. Yet, the food was top notch and so that was good.Special Features:
- ChazVIPDined on 6/12/2014VERY disappointing. My salad had marinated mushrooms drenched in vinegar. Sauce on pasta was anemic. Server substituted veg for potatoes on my wife order as though it was a very big deal. Plus---good negroni, foccaccia, olive oil. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Another great mealJoAnneVIPDined on 6/12/2014Yet another great meal was had at Zero Otto Nove. Always try the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in NYCFoodieinNYCDined on 6/10/2014We went here for dinner this visit to NYC after enjoying our expereince last year. We were not disappointed. Staff wanted to please. Food was very good. Pasta cooked perfectly - pizza authentic thin crust with fresh mozzerella. Will bea destination restaurant when we come back to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best appetizers!Cather123VIPDined on 6/4/2014The appetizer menu blew me away. The plates feature a selection of veggies, meats and/or cheese, and we chose one that was basically vegetarian. It was a mixture of hot and cold. Terrific stuff made with excellent olive oil. Like being in Italy. The homemade ravioli was fine, salad was what you'd expect. A fun atmosphere and architecturally interesting. We will definately return for those appetizers, and try some others. Oh, and the bread was excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.