Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
15 West 21st Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roberto089.com/ZeroOttoNove/trattoria_zero_otto_nove.htm
- Phone: 2122420899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Roberto Paciullo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at (212) 242-0899 ext.0 for more information on our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is available for party sizes of 15-30 people. It is on our second level and partially overlooks the main dinning room. We offer custom prix-fixe menus, charged per person.
- Private Party Contact: Bruno or Tony 2122420899x0
A word from Trattoria Zero Otto Nove
Roberto Paciullo’s hometown of Salerno is transported to the streets of Manhattan. Zero Otto Nove is the second outpost of his famous restaurants from Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. From the atmosphere to the food, stopping by Zero Otto Nove is taking a quick trip to Italy. The wood-burning brick oven is at the center turning out classics like the Margherita, and Roberto's originals, such as La Riccardo with butternut squash puree, smoked mozzarella, spicy pancetta, and basil. All the pastas are homemade, and all ingredients are brought in from New York's Real Little Italy, Arthur Avenue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Zero Otto Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (28)romantic (24)special occasion (20)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good food for the priceNapaVisitorDined on 10/22/2014Came here for a birthday. Great space to handle large parties. Food was good, but nothing amazing. Service was excellent. The waiters kept coming by to make sure that our glasses were kept full.Special Features:
- pleasant discoveryjeffgtiVIPDined on 10/19/2014we just moved to the neighborhood and are attempting to try all of the restaurants that are nearby. we got to 089, (the area code for salerno, we were informed) at 9:15. there were a couple of other tables but clearly they were looking to close for the night. that being said, the staff could not have been nicer or accommodating, we never felt rushed. the interior legitimately felt like being in italy, not in an epcot sort of way. all of the food was delicious, the vegetables in the salads were all fresh. we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ServiceSolodinerDined on 10/19/2014Relaxed and stylish atmosphere complimented by superb food - place kept ticking by seemlessly and attentive waiting staff who helped to make the meal a special occasion, even though I was on my own and didn't exactly throw the boat out in my choice of meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love Zero Otto NoveDianaDined on 10/18/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. I have dined here several times and each and every experience has been amazing. From the service to the delicious food, the restaurant has a wonderful vibrant atmosphere. I dined here this past Saturday night with a group of 9 to celebrate a birthday, not only was the food outstanding, but our Waiter (Bucky) was excellent. My family was impressed with the entire experience and the authentic Italian cuisine. A must to try is the grilled octopus appetizer and the Radiatore pasta dish. You really can't go wrong with any selection from the menu. Did I mention their notable wine list!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant and am already planning my next visit.Special Features:
- A good place for a business lunchpickydinerDined on 10/15/2014An informal, dining room with well-spaced tables, very clean and not noisy. Service was very good. There are many specials of the day, although we stuck to the menu. This was a business lunch for two and the restaurant was perfect. We shared a perfectly prepared grilled octopus. I had a grilled skirt steak over baby arugula ordered medium and served medium - pretty good for a meat that is often under or overcooked. There are many interesting pastas, both on and off the menu. My companion had a pasta and was very pleased. We skipped dessert and coffee, but there are ample selections. The wine list was limited, but reasonably priced. I do a lot of business entertaining and this place fits the bill perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta Lovers ParadiseUrbanisticoDined on 10/13/2014The two most outstanding qualities about Zero Otto Nove is its pastas and ambiance. In a city inundated with very obnoxiously loud eateries, this place is a refreshing retreat. The pastas are all home made and really delicious. Plus, it's the perfect place to have an intimate evening with people you would like to connect to while sharing a tasty meal. Whether it be a family, close group of friends or significant other. In a city filled with many tight quarter restaurants with low ceilings and bad noise acoustics, Zero Otto Nove offers a more civilized experience without having to break the bank and minus the pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eastonthewestsideeastonthewestsideVIPDined on 10/10/2014A late night find- great, attentive service, huge portions of delicious food- and the bartender mixed my favorite cocktail superbly! The tables are ample and each in their own space- not on top of each other, so even though there is an elevated noise level, you can hear your dinner mates' voices and carry on a conversation. The place is spacious and gracefully decorated, and true to its original Arthur Avenue roots!Special Features:
- Good food; exceptional servicelive2eatVIPDined on 10/10/2014This is our new go-to restaurant in the flat-iron neighborhood for reliably good food and very good pizza. But the real stand-out is service that is rare to find in this sort of casual restaurant in which you are treated with just the right degree of special attention with none of the unctuousness that generally goes along with it. A very nice experience, as long as it's not too busy and noisy.Special Features:
- Great PlaceNJTonyDined on 10/8/2014A bit pricey, but the food is outstanding. The décor makes you feel like you are in Italy.Special Features:
- Meh food, odd enviromentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014It was "ok" but not a cool place and not worth the fairly high pricing.Special Features:
- Flavorful dishesOpenTableMbuVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is the second time we dined here. Had a wonderful first experience so returned. Again the food was wonderful, staff very nice & service was very good. Both times were Sunday early dinner so can't comment on crowds/noise. The dishes are wonderful! We love Roberto's on Arthur Ave after Yankees games so to find this gem on 21st St made us very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014I went with a group and 2 of us had the veal ossobuco. It was outstanding. The decor is warm and cozy and the wait staff was very attentive. Excellent service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingIMatDined on 10/2/2014Wonderful food wonderful service wonderful night. We celebrated a special birthday and the ambience was wonderful but the food was even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ItalianMartydocVIPDined on 9/27/2014An excellent restaurant, our first time but not last, with great service and a friendly and warm staff. THe food was superb especially their version of Osso Bucco and their calamariSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable Visit-Delicious FoodsassyspoonDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner with a group of 4 after work on Friday Evening. We ordered 3 different entries at our table (goat cheese stuffed raviolis, tin foil pasta dish, Veal Osso Buco) and all were delicious. We enjoyed the miniature meatballs with polenta as an appetizer. Cocktails were also very good with a very nice wine recommendation made by our waiter. Overall the service was excellent. We have eaten at Robertos in the Bronx which happens to be a favorite. Trattoria Zero Otto Nove lived up to Roberto's Reputation for delicious food. Overall a very enjoyable experience. It is a change in ambiance from other NYC locations as it is quite spacious. This is great for groups but makes it is a bit noisy. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceWillMEDined on 9/25/2014While there is nothing memorable about the food, we once again enjoyed the experience. The food is certainly good, earthy and plentiful, though not intricate or especially distinctive. We enjoyed the three courses we had (a sausage and broccoli rabe appetizer, rabbit cacciatore and a seafood risotto), especially the appetizer (the sausage was excellent). We also had an interesting side of sauteed escarole (if I remember correctly) with capers, anchovies and parmesan. The risotto was a bit more like paella than a traditional risotto, but tasty and plentiful. The rabbit was a bit on the bony side but moist and flavorful. The wine list offers a wide variety of Italian options, with many at affordable prices. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodbikerbabeVIPDined on 9/24/2014No matter what I order, it's always superb. The pasta dishes are made to order and come piping hot. The pizza is out of this world with a thin curst so it's not too filling. And, the fish entrees are always cooked to perfection. We started with the meatballs and polenta on this visit as well as the eggplant appetizer and both were good. The meatballs melt in your mouth. We then got a pizza (arugula) and an entree to split and it ended up being the perfect amount of food (if you don't mind being full!). Save room for the tiramusa or biscotti, both are a real treat. Love this place!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great menu for kidsHarp28VIPDined on 9/20/2014This was for a kids' birthday and a perfect choice at that! You cannot do without the Nutella pizza, a favorite. Great service too! A memorable meal and evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!KathyVIPDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Zero Otto and will definitely be returning on future trips to NYC. Ordered everything our waiter recommended and it was all fabulous. Great sea bass special and pasta with fresh black truffle. Lovely profiteroles and cheesecake for dessert and the red wines were fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceMAS2013VIPDined on 9/15/2014Great new restaurant, attentive service, cannot wait to go back aganSpecial Features:
- Great central NY restaurantJulharringworthDined on 9/14/2014Authentic New York Italian eating Great pizzas and salads Good simple menu and wine list Friendly helpful staff Reasonable price I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed.gigiDined on 9/11/2014when to the new Armonk location and I would never go back. very expensive and the food was just fair.expected the restaurant to be outstanding. very disappointed
- Food Good, Service FairKeyGuyDined on 9/7/2014Good Italian fare. Service needs improvement. Went on a not very busy Sunday Evening and the service was slow and irregular. One drink served instead of two. Vegetable served well into our meal. Forgotten bread. They usually do better. Even so......Pasta was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentGarymanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great food, fantastic service. Would go again in a heartbeat. Pizza and pastas are all delicious!Special Features:
- My favorite Italian restaurantJoAnneVIPDined on 9/4/2014We yet again had a wonderful dinner at Trattoria Zero Otto Nove. It is just like eating at Roberto's except the dining room is larger. The food is always fabulous, the service helpful and attentive, and just overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good!BarbaraDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food Very good service Family friendly ConsistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS good s expectedWoodeDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night after the theater. Even though we were early, we were accommodated and proceeded to have a terrific dinner. Veal was succulent, the grilled octopus outstanding. Service was excellent! Parking directly next door! What more could ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereJayJayDined on 8/26/2014Came here for a birthday celebrations. It had a very dark, rustic, Italian feel to the place. The marghertia brick oven pizza was the highlight of our meal. The short ribs were decent. I would pass on the squid ink pasta and the grilled octopus... Other places do a better job. The chocolate lava cake with ice cream was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirsttimeDined on 8/24/2014I didn't enjoy the food as much as i thought I would since my daughter raved about it. Very small portion as well for a very expensive price. No side dish with the chicken. Etc..i would not go there again but that's my opinion my daughter loves it and brings people all the time.Special Features:
- Excuse me, would you season my foodAthleticBakerDined on 8/23/2014NOTHING was seasoned properly! While conceptually menu items were delicious on paper, they were lost in translation on the plate. Everything needed salt. I don't think the recipes were tasted throughout... The meal was nearly $100 and not worth it in the least bit. Our server was nice. The ambiance is nice as they use marble tables and you can hear your guests. I won't go back. There is better food out there.Special Features:
- Amazing.DaniBVIPDined on 8/22/2014What a spot. The food is to die, I walked in the door and smelled the truffles... I had to order the pasta special with freshly shaved black truffles & parm - it was the hit of the table. Everything else was spot on too, though. Our waiter was so so nice, didn't rush us at all. The restaurant itself is a nice design, as if you're eating all fresco in the streets of Salerno. Proper pizza oven - didn't have pizza but it looked great. All pasta is homemade, my dad absolutely loved his veal entree. Antipasti wasn't like any we've had - and as Italians, good Italian food is a TOUGH sell. It was our first time there (& I brought my parents), and they were asking the waiter if they take Easter reservations... now THAT'S a compliment! Bravo 089!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta and Excellent Pizza!DebSDined on 8/15/2014We've been to this restaurant a few times and it's always very good. They have some unique pasta dishes such as one with butternut squash which is terrific as well as some of the best pizza in NYC! Definitely make reservations in advance. It's a casual dining experience with excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Buona!LuigiDined on 8/14/2014We love this place -- been back twice and will continue to go. The food is fantastic, genuine italian. The wine list is substantial, good choice and fairly priced. The chef's specials are different and delicious. And, it's all done with terrific and smiling service. Really an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- relaxing atmosphereMaryKayDined on 8/14/2014Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We never felt rushed. Very relaxing. Pizza was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nebraska77VIPDined on 8/6/2014My first time at the Manhattan locale. Menu very much like the Arthur Avenue restaurant. Noisy but manageable. Plan to return. Good value.Special Features:
- Exciting Find!ScottDined on 8/3/2014Being a New Yorker who has Litle Italy wihon walking distance I picked out this hidden gem on OpenTable.com by it's photos and menu. WHAT A PLEASENT EXPERIENCE! The abbiance was wonderful, the food great, and the waiter a spectacular guy! If you want just a relaxing experience with great food and a truly excellent staff go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingJojoDined on 7/31/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant bc apparently the one in the Bronx is amazing. The food was very average. There was nothing special about the dishes we ordered and the atmosphere struck me as more of a chain restaurant than a hidden gem. Even the menu had more of a chain restaurant vibe and the ingredients didn't seem fresh or authentic. The service was friendly and the wine was ok but as far as Italian food goes, there are much better restaurants in NYC.
- Nice ambiance, great serviceAliyaDined on 7/31/2014I went here for dinner with a group of 6 on a Thursday evening. The restaurant is spacious and there was plenty of room for our party. We ordered a lot of wine, which was a bit pricey, and a mix of pizzas and entrees. I had pizza, which was very good. We stayed for several hours and did not feel pressured to leave or wrap up our meal, and the staff were very attentive and accommodating throughout. Overall, a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- You're In Italy!BronxGirlDined on 7/29/2014The food is totally reminiscent of being there with a longer menu of pastas, meats, and interesting vegetable dishes, no boring fare here! The inventive and incredibly delicious cannoli are the perfect dessert, crispy and creamy. Mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014My pasta and vegetable dish was overcooked. The coffee was stale and bitter, but they did make a fresh pot for me after noticing that I was not drinking the coffee.