Trattoria Valle D'Itria
581 Roger Williams
Highland Park, IL 60035Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria Valle D'Itria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://trattoriahighlandpark.com/
- Phone: 8472660600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Chirulli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Trattoria Valle D'Itria
Imagine yourself dining in a southern piazza, sipping your favorite spirit, and thinking of a simpler time when all that mattered was love, laughter, and good food. Spend a relaxing evening with us at Trattoria Valle d’Itria where the music and aroma will sweep you away to a far off land of that simpler time. Our menu offers a wide variety of traditional favorites as well as a few creations of our own. We also make authentic Italian pizza the old-fashioned way cooked in our very own brick oven. We use only the finest ingredients to recreate the old world recipes from our family’s kitchen, and we’re proud to say that all of our dishes are truly authentic and will leave you feeling as if you just spent a night at a trattoria in Italy. So take a trip back to the Old Italian countryside, known as the campagnia. We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Valle D'Itria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our party of three enjoyedEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 8/12/2012Our party of three enjoyed our visit to Trattoria Valle D'Itria. The prospect of rain was in the air, but we were able to eat our dinners comfortably without a problem. It was very nice sitting comfortably in a casual atmosphere outside. We all enjoyed our dinners. My farfalle was very good, and my two guests very much enjoy their spaghetti and meatballs. We will return.
- There was an outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2012There was an outdoor seating area but we opted to sit inside. As the inside wasn't that crowded at the time, it was quiet and romantic. The service and food was great. We had the veal lemone and a pizza. Great hot crusty bread, cappuccino and cannoli. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Gluten free?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2012I am gluten intolerant, and the restaurant advertises that it has gluten-free pasta. I was very psyched to order pasta only to find out when we got there at 5:45 p.m., that they were out of gluten-free pasta.Special Features:
- Rueben gave us outstandingPapadonVIPDined on 8/4/2012Rueben gave us outstanding service. His knowledge of the menu and preparation was exceptional. The food, device and waiter attentiveness make this place a gem.Special Features:
- Great place to go before Ravinia!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2012Great place to go before Ravinia! We found this gem by searching google for restaurants near Ravinia. It doesn't look like much on the outside - it's in a strip mall - but we dined outdoors and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly service and good food. This isn't a place I'd go out of my way for, but it was perfect for a nice meal before Ravinia, parking our car there, and it's only a 10 minute walk to the concert so we avoided the crowded shuttle buses and didn't have to wait in the bus line after the concert!! We will definitely dine here again before Ravinia concerts!!Special Features:
- We were the first table toMarvDined on 7/25/2012We were the first table to place an order that night, and were told the restaurant was "out of egg plant parmigiana." They also had a private birthday party that occupied 50% of the restaurant and this made the noise level so high it was virtually impossible to talk. This was our fourth time here, and was -- by far -- the least enjoyable.
- Very nice dinner overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2012Very nice dinner overall. The calamari was quite good, coconut shrimp and veal con limon was terrific. The veal marsala was too sweet - a bit too much sugar. There was a barolo on the 'private' wine list which was world class but quite reasonably priced. The service was quite good although the kitchen clearly got overwhelmed at one point and the pace slowed down - it was the evening of the Steve Martin concert at Ravinia and the restaurant was packed. This was our second visit to the restaurant and we have quite enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- While the food was tasty onceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2012While the food was tasty once it arrived, service was poor and very slow. Granted this was a busy hour on a Saturday night, but we would not go back.
- There was a table of veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/19/2012There was a table of very loud patrons behind us whose exhuberance prevented us from being about to have a quiet conversation. Also the violinist, who seems to be a nice man, was very loud in the confines of a small restaurant without sufficient patrons to absorb the noise. All in all, he should NOT have played...it was disruptive, not pleasant.Special Features:
- I've been twice, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2012I've been twice, the food is excellent. This an good neighborhood Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurant.WolfieVIPDined on 5/17/2012Excellent neighborhood restaurant. Good quality food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- this neighborhood gem is consistentyummyVIPDined on 5/11/2012this neighborhood gem is consistently deeelishous authentic yumm italian food....love that we can sit outside and still listen to their great music playing on their outside speakers this cute place is cozy in the winter and lovely to sit outside in the spring summer and fallSpecial Features:
- Overall, our experience wasRichardVIPDined on 5/5/2012Overall, our experience was mixed. The food was very good with rave reviews for the Salmon the Lasagna. My Chicken Marsala was good, not great, and plentiful in quantity. Our issues were with the noise level and the service. For a small place, this restaurant was incredibly noisy, to the point that it was difficult to have a conversation across the table. The service was darn near horrible. Maybe too few servers for the size of the restaurant or just a bad server. Ours was pretty close to M.I.A. virtually all night. When we finally had a chance to order coffee, long after our meals, he disappeared for 20 minutes -- no effort to see if we wanted more coffee. We had to find the manager to ask for our bill. Not good business.Special Features:
- it was our first time thereNancyVIPDined on 4/21/2012it was our first time there and didn't know what to expect. Our food was delicious (all seafood and fish), service was great and prices reasonable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Got there and they said theydeerfieldDined on 4/13/2012Got there and they said they did not have an open table reservation made for us. Sat us anyway. Food and service was good.Special Features:
- We showed up 5 minutes beforeRickHDined on 4/8/2012We showed up 5 minutes before our reservation and they weren't open. We waited 20 minutes and left.
- great deelishous italian homemadeyummyVIPDined on 3/19/2012great deelishous italian homemade pasta sauces cannoli....it is always cozy friendly lovely outdoor area ....monday nights they have a pianist that sings frank sinatra cole porter and gershwin type music ...you feel like you're somewhere other than downtown ravinia highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2012This is a hidden gem tucked away in a quiet section of Highland Park. Authentic Italian dishes prepared perfectly. Some outdoor tables available but get there early. The food was excellent and so was the service. Nice atmosphere too, with authentic ambiance. It reminds me of a restaurant I went to in northern Italy last fall!Special Features:
- Meh... Well, it isn't badOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/3/2012There are really no problems with Trattoria Valle D'Itria. There's little polished in food, service, or ambience. Certainly, it is a step above the Olive Garden. I think this is a great spot for the Olive Garden crowd when they wish for a less energetic and a less hollow experience.
- Great Italian Restaurant !mpm6VIPDined on 2/24/2012Forget the Overpiced Highwood Italian Restaurants... Trattoria Valle D'Itaria is a rare find in Highland Park ! Authentic Southern Italian food at reasonable prices with very knowledgeable and attentive service. The Chef/Owner even came out to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.... We will be back ....Special Features:
- Outstanding fish dishes.mickeykVIPDined on 2/18/2012Outstanding fish dishes. Need to improve soups density. Noise level extremely tolerable. Excellant service, soup came super hot per request, non-intrusive waiter. Just a great neighborhood restaurant. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Not the greatest, but Ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Not the greatest, but Ok. Needs service to be bit quicker.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/4/2012The food was good and the waiter was accommodating to any special requests. But they forgot our appetizer and just brought the salads and entrees. However, We did enjoy the meals.
- The food was good. The servicedinerDined on 1/28/2012The food was good. The service was not. Very inattentive/ unsure wait staff, which we knew going in from other reviews. Decided to try the restaurant anyway since we were not in a hurry to get in and out, and did have a very pleasant evening overall.