4767 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trattoriatrullo.com/
- Phone: (773) 506-0093
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni DeNigris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Chef-owner Giovanni DeNigris focuses on his hometown of Puglia, Italy, at this regional Italian spot in the heart of Lincoln Square. Let Trattoria Trullo host your next event for any occasion. Served Family Style, Buffet, Elegant Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Denigris 7735060093
A word from Trattoria Trullo
Chef-owner Giovanni DeNigris focuses on his hometown of Puglia, Italy, at this regional Italian spot in the heart of Lincoln Square. The menu includes choices such as cavatelli crudaiola (house-made cavatelli pasta with garlic, tomato pulp, arugula, basil and ricotta cheese) and halibut Adriatico (zucchini-wrapped halibut with seafood risotto and white wine sauce). Don't forget about Trullo's thin crust pizza - puglia style! If you're in the mood for a little vino, Trullo's got you covered with about 70 options, 25 of which come from Puglia. Up front, there's an Italian-style pizzeria outfitted with an imported oven and large windows so your can watch the chefs turn out traditional thin-crust pizzas as you walk past. On Sundays, try the light Italian breakfast, featuring options such as frittatas, omelets and seafood salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Trullo reviews from OpenTable diners
- TrulloBlondie65VIPDined on 5/11/2014A great neighborhood place. A very bright and airy restaurant. The server was very helpful, and did not rush us. Blondie65Special Features:
- A Treat for Mother's Day BrunchBethCDined on 5/11/2014My family really enjoyed our brunch in this delicious and relaxed Italian restaurant in Lincoln Square. We found something for all ages on their buffet and took full advantage of the great choices. Fairly priced for delicious, classic Italian food.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Mother's Day BrunchnottahomecookDined on 5/11/2014Upon entering the reataurant we were greeted by a friendly, happy hostess. After immediate seating (thank you opentable) our server Anna, introduced herself, cheerfully took our drink order, and informed us that we can begin using the brunch service. The food offerings included the usual breakfast fare, scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast, and pastries. I would say the overall quality was average. Others that were more interesting included a very tasty, fall off the bone juicy lamb shank; flavorful clams and mussels, and panna cotta. Overall, we were most impressed by the attentive service at all levels.
- Lincoln Square GemCasualDinerDined on 3/29/2014This is my favorite place for Italian. The atmosphere is relaxed, the wines are good and the food is awesome. Our waiter recommended a wonderful Primitivo that went well with the bolognese. The service was quick and the food was delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-Try Authentic Italian FaveChicagoDined on 3/29/2014Food is excellently prepared and plated. Pastas are served al dente, as they should be. One of the best (and few) authentic bolognese sauces anywhere. The menu of specialties from Puglia is a unique and welcome regional focus. Service is professional, informed, courteous and has a European feeling which gives me the sense of being in a foreign country where servers coincidentally speak perfect English.Special Features:
- This was my first time goingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This was my first time going to an Italian restaurant. The appetizers were good. We ordered mussels and sausage. I ordered a risotto for my main dish. I thought it was a little heavy for me (lots of cheese), so I couldn't finish all of it. Afterwards we ordered dessert which was pretty great. I ordered the dessert special (a semi-frozen nutella/walnut ice cream). An 18% gratuity was automatically added to the bill. Overall, the experience was alright. My friends thought the place was nice, but not really memorable. I probably won't be coming back here again.
- Delightful Valentine experience1foreatingDined on 2/14/2014My husband & I celebrated Valentines here before a concert. I had the grilled Salmon and risotto. It was delicious. He had Veal Piccatta which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our server was excellent. Pleasant quiet atmosphere. We miss having this pleasant place in Evanston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPickyDinerVIPDined on 1/26/2014Dinner here this evening was an odd experience. Our foursome used a Groupon for a meal consisting of 4 glasses of house wine, 4 salads, 4 entrees and 2 desserts. The desserts were actually quite good, but everything else was bland and under-seasoned. I ordered a truffle risotto that was overcooked as well as nearly tasteless. To top things off, service was slow and spotty. With so many good Italian restaurants to choose from, I won't be returning to this one.
- Ok Italian place perfect for groupsMarianneVIPDined on 1/17/2014The food is ok. Nothing exciting. However they accommodated our large group easily without complaint. The service was good and friendly. Really the only reason I don't give it a better rating is that I think it is shameful that an Italian restaurant would only have really bad house wine as the only per glass choices. We all ordered either the primitivo or the Cabernet and none of could drink the wine it was so bad. The coffee shop across the street has better wine. Disgraceful! The food was fresh but uninspired. A decent glass of wine could have made up the difference.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian DiningMashaO413Dined on 1/6/2014We found this restaurant by chance and enjoyed an outdoor dinner in the summer of 2013 for the first time. We were very impressed with the friendly service and delicious menu selections. We liked it so much, that in the winter of 2014 (about 6 months later) we recommended to our Senior Partner that our business meetings should take place there as we can all find items that we like on the menu, be surprised with the specials of the day, and enjoy the wine while discussing our latest business developments. This last experience was outstanding. The service was exceptional and the food choices left us talking about the restaurant for days. We highly recommend that you experience this place for yourself, as we found it to be unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to TrattoriaEatingoutwithkidsDined on 12/28/2013We have been to Trattoria Trullo at least three times now and have loved it each time. The food and service are both excellent! The Spaghetti D'Adriatico is delicious! We arrived at 8:45 p.m., and were a little worried to see the dining room empty on a Saturday night, but it was a bit late, and I'm guessing everyone was downtown instead, based on the amount of traffic we sat in coming up from Michigan Ave. Each time we have been here, we've sat at the same table - a private alcove for 4 in the front window. Our children love it! We highly recommend Trattoria Trullo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but not spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I had the Christmas special wich was quite a bargain at $39 for 4 courses. I had chicken broth with tortalini and fresh basil but it tasted like it came from a can. I choose the seafood salad for the salad course. The shrimp and octopus were fresh and had very good texture. It was tasty. I chose the broiled white fish for the main and it came out piping hot and perfectly cooked. It was a good sized portion with grilled potatoes and brocolli. The brocolli was a bit bland but the fish and potatoes were extremely good. I had the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It was very rich and choclatly just as it should be. The service could have been better but the server had 2 sections to wait on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChristmasAliceDined on 12/25/2013We had Christmas dinner there. They offered a prix fee as well as the regular menu. We went with the prix fee and the choices were very nice. I will consider it again on holidays as well as other timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFredDined on 12/24/2013We have now been there several times. The food is terrific, especially the Grigliata Mista (grilled octopus, calamari, shrimp over rapini and fava beans). We have only had pasta entrees so far and they have all been great.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood FindrosesDined on 12/2/2013I love trying different places to eat, and I must say that Trattoria Trullo was one of my favorites. I will definitely be back, and I will bring my friends with me.Special Features:
- Cibo molto buono!frantDined on 11/28/2013I've been to Trattoria Trullo many times since it opened a few years ago. I've never been disappointed. The staff is always on top of their job, they're ready to explain a dish if a person isn't familiar with it. The decor is comfortable, and the rest rooms are always clean. I've been for lunch as well as dinner, and for holiday dinners as well. I can always be secure in bringing guests there as well as recommending it to others. I'm very glad that I have this wonderful spot so close to my home!Special Features:
- Sorry we only shared light fareKfrankel1009Dined on 10/23/2013My daughter and I were going down the block to a cooking class, we only had a shared trullo salad and a wonderful mushroom risotta. We will return for dinner and wine. The staff was very attentive and not upset for our light dinner. Vegan meals available, marked and delicious. Great Mini mealSpecial Features:
- Great ambience!JoeHDined on 10/20/2013The ambience was very nice. Very attentative and knowledgable staff members. We had the Caprese which was a wonderful appetizer along with the scallops. The main dishes was the shrimp scampi for the wife. may I say that the shrimp is actually PRAWNS!!! HUGE, this had a grill taste which was very good. I had the beef stuffed with prosuitto and cheese with marinara sauce. this was also good. Let's just say you can't go wrong with Trattoria Trullo. AAA all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just had a delightful eveningBob1VIPDined on 10/16/2013Just had a delightful evening at Trullo. The food was quite good and very reasonably priced, and our server, Javier, was excellent. We enjoyed a leisurely three course meal, with a shared appetizer plate, then the always appealing grilled octopus and calamari and an excellent risotto dish. Not too much of a crowd on a Wednesday evening but it there were enough other diners to fill up the front of the place and make it seem like a happening place on Lincoln Square that evening! We'll be back but wish they'd come home to Evanston! It's a treat to have a restaurant that focuses and specializes in a very authentic faashion on a specific region and cuisine of Italy - Puglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all change is goodRestaurantguyDined on 10/12/2013Is there a new owner? I noticed there are no more table cloths, the menu items change, even the menu itself is now laminate and not paper and also the food was dry. The place lost that classic old Italian ambience and seems kind of blah now. For a Saturday night, it was kind if empty. If the food tasted fresher, then maybe the changes wouldn't be so noticeable. Given its great history, I'd give it another chance and I'll rewrite if there are improvements.
- Apollo BoundFoodieDined on 10/11/2013Attending a show at the Apollo. We were stretched for time. Great food, waiters service saved us. Would like to go back when we were not rushed. Unfotunately we were dining the weekend of the chicago marathon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!GFFoodieDined on 9/9/2013I really enjoyed our meal at Trattoria Trullo and definitely plan to go back. It is a spacious restaurant in the heart of Lincoln Square with both indoor and outdoor seating. Coming from an Italian family I am pretty picky when it comes to Italian food, and I thought the food was excellent! I am gluten intolerant, so the fact that they have gluten free pasta, pizza and desserts available was the best part for me. The flour-less chocolate cake and gelato was delicious. Service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2013Waitress was very sweet & recommended some tasty entrees. Prices for risotto & pasta are a little high, but the food was so flavourful. Plan on returning to try another dish or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual atmosphere. GreatCharDined on 8/11/2013Great casual atmosphere. Great food and ample portions. Friendly waiter. We will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotbarrattaforlifeDined on 8/10/2013All of the seafood dishes were great: spaghetti, risotto, and lobster I had one of the house wines, which was tasty. Great outdoor spot - exactly what you would expect from Lincoln Square. Server was on point and very helpful and patient with some of the guests. Will be returning to try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outdoor; Food to be desiredNatalieVIPDined on 8/10/2013When here on a Saturday night. We sat outside in a wonderful setting overlooking Lincoln Avenue. The food however was disappointing. We had the calamari/octopus appetizer, and the octopus was extremely chewy. My wife ordered the pork chop special, and it came out very dry. She sent it back and they replaced it with another that was just as dry. As for the service, our waiter was very knowledgeable, but it appeared they could have used more help as everything seemed to take some time. All in all, while the outdoor patio is nice, I would not run back here for the food.Special Features:
- EasyCG75VIPDined on 7/22/2013Three of us celebrated a Lincoln Square neighborhood birthday lunch. Great service, very good salads, and wonderfully light tiramisu. Will be back again!Special Features:
- Puglia GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013This is our go to Italian restaurant. Good food, good service and a wonderful vibe. The owners are from the Puglia area of Italy (the boot) who h adds to the charm and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Had a wonderful meal and our server was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely northside italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013lovely northside italian restaurant! happy to go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giz-chicagogizmoVIPDined on 6/29/2013The server, Ana Marie, was excellent and very accomodating. We switched tables mid-point and she had no problems taking care of us and continued on with no problems.Special Features:
- Tasty food, very nice efficienthawkfanDined on 6/25/2013Tasty food, very nice efficient and friendly service. A pleasant setting. If the weather was nice, I would try outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian. Great placeFoofieDined on 6/1/2013Authentic Italian. Great place and staff if you like ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to Puglia a couple of times...spotschicagoDined on 5/24/2013... and Trullo has some of the dishes nailed -- others are here to appeal to what Americans think "Italian Food" is about -- not necessarily the regional cuisine of the area. Having some fresh mozzarella or burrata as an antipasto would be a good addition. Also, it appears that they make pizza, but the pizza menu wasn't included in our dinner menus, so we didn't consider ordering them, but saw them served at the next table -- don't keep them a secret, please. Lastly, I would change the wine list a LOT to more reflect the many tasty inexpensive wines that come from Puglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special2muchmediaVIPDined on 5/11/2013We were looking for an early dinner before an Old Town School concert but found this multi room Italian a few blocks away to be just so so. The ingredients were not top drawer. We had a veal dish, bland and chewy and the daily fish, roasted salmon served on Risorgimento. Salmon over salted and risotto gooey. Best things were the asparagus and green bean garnishes. Split a pomodora salad that was not tasty. So many better Italian restaurants in town at same price point. Large family group in private room allowed three toddlers to roam all three rooms and the wait staff just kept shooing them back, over and over.
- Enjoyed this restaurantchowhoundDined on 4/30/2013We had an excellent meal and were treated very kindly by our waiter who made nice recommendations for the wine and food we had. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013This was my first time to visit Trattoria Trullo. The wine choices were good and reasonable priced. The menu, while limited in number of items did provide a nice variety of dishes and the appetizers were varied as well. Everyone (four of us) enjoyed our meal; the flavors were very delicious. And our server, Anna, was very attentive and checked on us frequently even though she was very busy. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Lovely romantic dinner. Received helpful wine suggestions. Nice ambiance. Love the location on Lincoln Ave.Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the firstTheWindyCityVIPDined on 4/27/2013Our second visit and once again we really enjoyed the great service, delicious entrees and wine list. Can't wait to go back once again. The Seafood Adriatico was very fresh and flavorful. Also tried the decadant chocolate cake with raspberry sauce as an alternative to the Italian choices only because it went so well with out red Puglian wine.Special Features:
- The Trullo salad is absolutelyNoodlegravyDined on 4/20/2013The Trullo salad is absolutely delicious. There is something especially yummy about their dressing. The pasta dishes are wonderful and the service is very friendly. We have always had a great time here!Special Features: