3415 W. 44th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55410Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriatosca.com/
- Phone: (612) 924-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ian Gray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be rented out for a set price.
A word from Trattoria Tosca
A warm, relaxed, neighborhood bistro with a unique and frequently changing menu that features a new take on Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Tosca - Best Restaurants in Linden Hills ›
Trattoria Tosca reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always open for good foodluiimDined on 11/15/2014Never had a problem getting reservations last minute and not sure why. Prices are a tad high compared to other pasta places, but not overly so. Also get good recommendations from the servers and never leave without a full satisfied stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great valueMarkVIPDined on 11/14/2014The menu is limited, but the food is excellent. Prices are very fair. I had the swordfish and it was great. My wife had the gnocchi and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMplsdinerDined on 11/6/2014Such a cute neighborhood restaurant with amazing food - get the scallops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AldenteDined on 11/4/2014The portion sizes are generous - good for sharing the pasta course. Wine menu is nice. The parparadelle noodles were thick and the sauce rich, making for a heavy meal. The strozzapetti was nice, but light on flavor.Special Features:
- Great experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We've been to Trattoria Tosca 3 times since my birthday 8/3/14. That's we discovered this wonderful restaurant. We love the ambiance, the food, the menu and the wait staff has been warm and welcoming. Also the prices are fair and the portions the right amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food in Great NeighborhoodGoombaDined on 10/18/2014I really liked the restaurant and the food was great. I was very pleased with my meal and would definitely go back. The wait staff and hosts need to lighten up their walking in the restaurant. They walk with such conviction that they tend to stomp. It is extremely distracting and since it is nice intimate place it takes away from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner with friendsTeamRachelDined on 10/17/2014We had a great table with attentive service and plenty time to talk with old friends. The food was satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findLindaDined on 9/29/2014Fab dinner--fresh ingredients, super service... 6 of us shared appetizers and sides, and each had a main. to a person, we enthusiastically raved about the preparation, the presentaion and the fresh taste. A must repeat.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014This was very nice neighborhood find. The menu is limited but a nice variety of what was there. The portions were generous and very tasty. The service was very attentive as well. All in all a nice local family restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and downsRovingCriticVIPDined on 9/11/2014We are frequent diners at this Linden Hills white table cloth restaurant. Tosca has had many chefs over the years, but currently the food is excellent. The chicken dinner, a menu staple since the place opened, was about the best I've had -- and I've probably had this dish several dozen times over the years. The salmon was excellent as was the bruschetta. The bread served at the table, however, should have been fresher and warmed -- one would think that a bakery could serve fresh bread? The problem here is that the owner is a cheapskate and puts no money into upgrading it, keeping it clean, or training the staff. I'm convinced that only new ownership or at least a strong and experienced GM will allow Tosca to achieve its potential.
- charming real ItalianBigJDined on 8/30/2014The very generous portions left us enough for lunch the next day. The Strozzapretti (pulled pork on worm shaped noodles) was superb and was complemented by a side of mushrooms. The Gnocchi had a mild but delightful squash sauce.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGigiDined on 8/26/2014This is our second time at Tosca, and , as before, the food were excelllent!Special Features:
- Great PlaceNJPX1Dined on 8/23/2014Fun neighborhood restaurant. Food and service were fantastic. Homemade pastas are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 8/8/2014Tosca is new to us since we moved into the neighborhood. We have been there twice. It was the first time that brought us back with visiting daughter and boyfriend. Food again was terrific but the service left a little to be desired. we preferred to sit outside again. First time service was wonderful. Second time we had to wait for service. No water filling, server got "lost" inside. We had to go and couldn't find the server for the check. Had to get up a couple three times to seek help. No checking on service once we got entrees. Surprisingly different from the first time. Different servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 200 reviews are from the Trattoria Tosca reviews archive.
- DukeDined on 7/24/2014Food was delicious. Server was great. Good recommendation on wine. Respected our time to talk with friends. Not pushy. Great experience. Was our first time and we want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicksterDined on 7/19/2014The service was efficient yet genuine and friendly. The food was so good! Everything we ordered was extremely well-prepared, and yet the atmosphere was not at all pretentious. I would have gone back the next night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014The pasta here is really first-rate, and the entree portions are quite large, allowing entree sharing. The wine list is sensible and well chosen. The outdoor seating is also a plus. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014We were in the mood for italian, and now we have a new go to spot. This was the best italian food I've had in years. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable of the wine list and the menu. She was very friendly and didn't rush us. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StreganonaVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a neighborhood gem that deserves accolades. The tiny kitchen puts out some of the best pasta in Minneapolis. It's tempting to keep this a secret.Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 7/12/2014First ttime. very accomadating our group of 6. service was great, food even better. very comfortable. Wasnt rushed. Need to return to try a few of the other entre's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add to your list...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014We found the atmosphere, food and service all very good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToscaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Great food and very friendly wait staff. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseEmfdvmDined on 6/22/2014We decided to try Tosca when a sudden "date night" opportunity presented itself on Sunday evening. I booked through Open Table, although just walking in would have worked as well, since at 6:15, 90% of the tables were empty. It's a tastefully decorated place, with fun music playing, and our experience will bring us back again. My husband ordered the Sunday Supper, a 3 course prix fixe menu with a $20 bottle of wine. Salmon, risotto, and panna cotta. He said it was the first restaurant risotto that's ever been worth ordering. I had house made pasta with sausage and broccoli and a beet salad. Everything was delicious and well timed. The server was perhaps a bit too anxious to move us along, but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Great food combinations and presentation. We also really appreciated that they are a dog friendly restaurant, which is how we found out about them initially.Special Features:
- sunday supper at Tratoria ToscaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent food and service, always wonder why there are such few diners at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJerryDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I tried Trattoria Tosca for the first time recently. The food was great and the service was excellent. It was nice to have a waiter that genuinely seemed to care about how we liked our food. She did an excellent job - and the food was great! The meal was priced pretty fairly - appetizer, pasta, dessert and a bottle of wine for about $100. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- As Italian as the Olive GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/31/2014The service was alright but the food was not good at all. The menus needs to be revamped and a chef needs to be brought on board.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014We ate outdoors on a beautiful spring evening. The out door tables are great, but the food was average. It seemed overpriced.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinner!Finn707Dined on 5/10/2014Our meal was perhaps one of the best we have tasted. The flavors and presentation were excellent....just delightful. Our friends who are very discerning were very impressed and would like to eat there again. The menu is not extensive, but had just the right choices for everyone. However, too many hard surfaces made any kind of conversation very difficult as the evening went on..incredibly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodWheresdessertVIPDined on 4/12/2014We've eaten here twice and everything we've ordered has been amazing. Request a table by the window or front of the restaurant. The tables in back are very close to each other and they seated another couple right next to us even though there were several empty tables. Go next door to the Turtle Bread Company and pick out dessert (to go or eat in) - they'll put it on your bill in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014All around good experience. We were two couples. Each ordered a salad to split and the server brought each salad split on two plates with a beautiful presentation. I had the scallops which were nice sized and served with fingerling potatoes and crispy not wilted brussel sprout and cauliflower - nice and hot, not lukewarm. The servers were very attentive but not intrusive, letting their actions speak for their professionalism.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Minneapolis?KrikspicksVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is such a good restaurant, I don't know why I don't come here more often. On a Saturday night with two friends, we were seated at a comfortable secluded table in the back of the dining room. It was quiet enough to allow for great conversation. We had privacy but did not feel separated from the other diners (and were able to spot another friend when he was seated nearby). The food is fabulous. The house made pasta is excellent, and the entrées are creative and delicious. The wine list offers a lot of variety without being overwhelmingly large; also many reasonably priced bottles of great wine. On this particular visit, our only quibble was the dessert list - not very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- while the food was reallyDaveDined on 3/15/2014while the food was really good, some of the worst service I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Delicious, quiet, but niceCarolDined on 3/7/2014What a great little neighborhood gem. Good food. Super generious portions. We were surprised that it was so quiet and there weren't that many tables/guests. Our server was pleasant and attentive - even overly so - but we think it because she didn't have enough tables to keep her busy and hopping! We'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Charming spotMiltDined on 2/22/2014Other than a couple of salads on the bland side and an too-done exterior to the short ribs, the food and service were good. Great atmosphere in a neighborhood location.Special Features:
- Food was bland and average,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Food was bland and average, wait staff was loud and too fast paced for our evening. Wait staff kept trying to clear plates and glasses we were not finished with
- Excellent food and servicejakeVIPDined on 2/15/2014This was my first time there. I read previous Open Table reviews and decided to give it a try - and very glad I did. While the menu is a bit limited, it offered enough for both a vegetarian and carnivore to choose from. The service was friendly, knowledgable, and efficient. Food was well prepared, flavorful, aromatic, and a nice portion size. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Booked itFredVIPDined on 2/15/2014Great restaurant. Booked it based on reviews and menu on Open Table and wasn't disappointed. Will definitely go again. Home made pasta was rustic and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tratttoria Tosca Valentine DinnerKeithCarinaDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our Salmon and red wine. Thanks for being a welcoming place. Love the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDanADined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentines Day and had never been here before. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was perfect, we'll likely be back. If you're looking for a date night spot, this is for you. Would absolutely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.