3415 W. 44th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55410Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriatosca.com/
- Phone: 6129241900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ian Gray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be rented out for a set price.
A word from Trattoria Tosca
A warm, relaxed, neighborhood bistro with a unique and frequently changing menu that features a new take on Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Tosca - Best Restaurants in Linden Hills ›
Trattoria Tosca reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (24)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Ups and downsRovingCriticVIPDined on 9/11/2014We are frequent diners at this Linden Hills white table cloth restaurant. Tosca has had many chefs over the years, but currently the food is excellent. The chicken dinner, a menu staple since the place opened, was about the best I've had -- and I've probably had this dish several dozen times over the years. The salmon was excellent as was the bruschetta. The bread served at the table, however, should have been fresher and warmed -- one would think that a bakery could serve fresh bread? The problem here is that the owner is a cheapskate and puts no money into upgrading it, keeping it clean, or training the staff. I'm convinced that only new ownership or at least a strong and experienced GM will allow Tosca to achieve its potential.
- charming real ItalianBigJDined on 8/30/2014The very generous portions left us enough for lunch the next day. The Strozzapretti (pulled pork on worm shaped noodles) was superb and was complemented by a side of mushrooms. The Gnocchi had a mild but delightful squash sauce.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGigiDined on 8/26/2014This is our second time at Tosca, and , as before, the food were excelllent!Special Features:
- Great PlaceNJPX1Dined on 8/23/2014Fun neighborhood restaurant. Food and service were fantastic. Homemade pastas are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 8/8/2014Tosca is new to us since we moved into the neighborhood. We have been there twice. It was the first time that brought us back with visiting daughter and boyfriend. Food again was terrific but the service left a little to be desired. we preferred to sit outside again. First time service was wonderful. Second time we had to wait for service. No water filling, server got "lost" inside. We had to go and couldn't find the server for the check. Had to get up a couple three times to seek help. No checking on service once we got entrees. Surprisingly different from the first time. Different servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 7/24/2014Food was delicious. Server was great. Good recommendation on wine. Respected our time to talk with friends. Not pushy. Great experience. Was our first time and we want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicksterDined on 7/19/2014The service was efficient yet genuine and friendly. The food was so good! Everything we ordered was extremely well-prepared, and yet the atmosphere was not at all pretentious. I would have gone back the next night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014The pasta here is really first-rate, and the entree portions are quite large, allowing entree sharing. The wine list is sensible and well chosen. The outdoor seating is also a plus. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014We were in the mood for italian, and now we have a new go to spot. This was the best italian food I've had in years. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable of the wine list and the menu. She was very friendly and didn't rush us. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StreganonaVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a neighborhood gem that deserves accolades. The tiny kitchen puts out some of the best pasta in Minneapolis. It's tempting to keep this a secret.Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 7/12/2014First ttime. very accomadating our group of 6. service was great, food even better. very comfortable. Wasnt rushed. Need to return to try a few of the other entre's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add to your list...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We found the atmosphere, food and service all very good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToscaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Great food and very friendly wait staff. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseEmfdvmDined on 6/22/2014We decided to try Tosca when a sudden "date night" opportunity presented itself on Sunday evening. I booked through Open Table, although just walking in would have worked as well, since at 6:15, 90% of the tables were empty. It's a tastefully decorated place, with fun music playing, and our experience will bring us back again. My husband ordered the Sunday Supper, a 3 course prix fixe menu with a $20 bottle of wine. Salmon, risotto, and panna cotta. He said it was the first restaurant risotto that's ever been worth ordering. I had house made pasta with sausage and broccoli and a beet salad. Everything was delicious and well timed. The server was perhaps a bit too anxious to move us along, but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Great food combinations and presentation. We also really appreciated that they are a dog friendly restaurant, which is how we found out about them initially.Special Features:
- sunday supper at Tratoria ToscaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent food and service, always wonder why there are such few diners at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 189 reviews are from the Trattoria Tosca reviews archive.
- Great Food and ServiceJerryDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I tried Trattoria Tosca for the first time recently. The food was great and the service was excellent. It was nice to have a waiter that genuinely seemed to care about how we liked our food. She did an excellent job - and the food was great! The meal was priced pretty fairly - appetizer, pasta, dessert and a bottle of wine for about $100. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- As Italian as the Olive GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/31/2014The service was alright but the food was not good at all. The menus needs to be revamped and a chef needs to be brought on board.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014We ate outdoors on a beautiful spring evening. The out door tables are great, but the food was average. It seemed overpriced.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinner!Finn707Dined on 5/10/2014Our meal was perhaps one of the best we have tasted. The flavors and presentation were excellent....just delightful. Our friends who are very discerning were very impressed and would like to eat there again. The menu is not extensive, but had just the right choices for everyone. However, too many hard surfaces made any kind of conversation very difficult as the evening went on..incredibly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodWheresdessertVIPDined on 4/12/2014We've eaten here twice and everything we've ordered has been amazing. Request a table by the window or front of the restaurant. The tables in back are very close to each other and they seated another couple right next to us even though there were several empty tables. Go next door to the Turtle Bread Company and pick out dessert (to go or eat in) - they'll put it on your bill in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014All around good experience. We were two couples. Each ordered a salad to split and the server brought each salad split on two plates with a beautiful presentation. I had the scallops which were nice sized and served with fingerling potatoes and crispy not wilted brussel sprout and cauliflower - nice and hot, not lukewarm. The servers were very attentive but not intrusive, letting their actions speak for their professionalism.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Minneapolis?KrikspicksVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is such a good restaurant, I don't know why I don't come here more often. On a Saturday night with two friends, we were seated at a comfortable secluded table in the back of the dining room. It was quiet enough to allow for great conversation. We had privacy but did not feel separated from the other diners (and were able to spot another friend when he was seated nearby). The food is fabulous. The house made pasta is excellent, and the entrées are creative and delicious. The wine list offers a lot of variety without being overwhelmingly large; also many reasonably priced bottles of great wine. On this particular visit, our only quibble was the dessert list - not very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- while the food was reallyDaveDined on 3/15/2014while the food was really good, some of the worst service I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Delicious, quiet, but niceCarolDined on 3/7/2014What a great little neighborhood gem. Good food. Super generious portions. We were surprised that it was so quiet and there weren't that many tables/guests. Our server was pleasant and attentive - even overly so - but we think it because she didn't have enough tables to keep her busy and hopping! We'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Charming spotMiltDined on 2/22/2014Other than a couple of salads on the bland side and an too-done exterior to the short ribs, the food and service were good. Great atmosphere in a neighborhood location.Special Features:
- Food was bland and average,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Food was bland and average, wait staff was loud and too fast paced for our evening. Wait staff kept trying to clear plates and glasses we were not finished with
- Excellent food and servicejakeVIPDined on 2/15/2014This was my first time there. I read previous Open Table reviews and decided to give it a try - and very glad I did. While the menu is a bit limited, it offered enough for both a vegetarian and carnivore to choose from. The service was friendly, knowledgable, and efficient. Food was well prepared, flavorful, aromatic, and a nice portion size. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Booked itFredVIPDined on 2/15/2014Great restaurant. Booked it based on reviews and menu on Open Table and wasn't disappointed. Will definitely go again. Home made pasta was rustic and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tratttoria Tosca Valentine DinnerKeithCarinaDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our Salmon and red wine. Thanks for being a welcoming place. Love the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDanADined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentines Day and had never been here before. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was perfect, we'll likely be back. If you're looking for a date night spot, this is for you. Would absolutely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Availabilty confusionEmmmDined on 2/14/2014On Feb 3, I made reservations using OpenTable for Feb. 14. I wanted a 7pm table. OpenTable reported that the closest time available was 5:30pm. So I booked it. There were lots of open tables all the time we were there. We stayed until approx. 6:45pm. There was no line as we left. I feel that there was openings at 7pm. Why did OpenTable report that there were no opening?
- Tues. nitexullyDined on 2/11/2014Had a superb dinner at Trattoria Tosca, service was fine. Tues night was NOT crowded, different from the crowds that are usually teeming Thurs thru Sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorthyJulieDined on 2/8/2014I've had some really good meals at Tosca. The sides are so good that I usually don't even order an entree, and they're a good size for sharing. My one complaint is that there's nothing "soft" in the restaurant to absorb sound and it can get loud when it's full and all those noises are bouncing off the hard surfaces. Maybe it's because I'm getting old but I really don't enjoy having to work so hard to hear and be heard when I'm trying to catch up with friends.Special Features:
- The food was good, the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014The food was good, the ambiance could be enhanced, the waitress was more concerned about how she looked than being a good waitress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always NiceTCRestaurantLoversDined on 2/7/2014We eat here several times a year and it is always nice - delicious food and friendly service. The restaurant is small so make a reservation. The restaurant is nice enough to celebrate a special occassion or take visitors from out of town but not too nice to relax and enjoy yourself. We've taken our children here numerous times and have always found it kid friendly. Kids love pasta and the kitchen is happy to make noddles with butter and cheese for little ones. The short ribs is my favorite dish on the menu. It's so good every time. Dessert is also good here.Special Features:
- mussel were sandy. brusselOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014mussel were sandy. brussel sprouts were good. the gnocchi was not particularly good,
- Delightful DiningMamaMaggieDined on 1/17/2014We arrived early in the evening and enjoyed a glass of wine and conversation. The salad presentations were beautiful and the salads were delightfully fresh. The home-made pasta balanced the hearty pasta sauce and the chocolate mousse was the perfect ending to our meal. I highly recommend not being seated near the center as the noise level increased significantly throughout the evening as more diners arrived. Overall, I consider this restaurant a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BetSlugVIPDined on 1/14/2014Everything was great in terms of food and service -- but, one of staff requires some training in interaction with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK...butokobojipilotVIPDined on 1/11/2014Gnocci was cold....beef ribs were very good and the risotto was also quite good. May give it a second chance....