31 S. State Street
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriatiramisunewtown.com/
- Phone: 2158602898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sudnay: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sami
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Tiramisu
Trattoria Tiramisu is Newtown newest BYOB sensation, open for lunch and dinner! An authentic Italian restaurant featuring fresh homemade pasta, made on site. We provides a cozy warm atmosphere while dining. Its elegant decor and candle light add a bit of modern flare to its traditional cuisine. Our service is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Trattoria Tiramisu Italian Restaurant offers Traditional Fair including items such as, Chicken Parm, Chicken Marsala and Eggplant Parm. Delicious appetizers including Calamari Fritti, Antipasto and Bruschetta. Chef Sami offers a variety of homemade pastas such as the ever popular Lobster Ravioli and Portobello Ravioli! We also offer Mediterranean dinner specials including Bronzino and Veal Osso Bucco. We have fantastic desserts! No meal is complete without something sweet! Homemade Tiramisu, Triple Chocolate mousse cake, Canolis and seasonal Gelato, flavors suck as Fig, Pumpkin, Cappuccino and Hazelnut!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Tiramisu - Best Restaurants in Newtown ›
Trattoria Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- FoodMarilynVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always have great food and great service. Everyone is very friendlySpecial Features:
- LucianoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I continue to enjoy TT. I think the food is quite good, the setting is pleasant and it is very convenient. There are two experienced front room people and a revolving group of inexperienced high school kids. They need much more basic training or time to get experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise.OutandAboutDined on 9/27/2014As we arrived, the outside did not look inviting. However, once inside it was an amazing surprise. We were escorted to the back area which was very elegant. As a person with very unusual and strict eating requirements, I was pleasantly surprised the my meal was wonderful. The other members of our party also totally enjoyed their meals. Our sever was attentive and very pleasant. I would return again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food...Awful ServiceBellagirlDined on 9/26/2014I will focus on the positive & rave about the amazing food this place has on their menu. Homemade pasta was just delicious & didn't even need a sauce. Beginning to end the food made it a wonderful experience, our server on the other hand was AWFUL. Not friendly, very short with us until of course it was time to pay the bill. She didn't know the menu well enough either which is ridiculous. When we arrived she couldn't find my opentable reservation and said she would "try" to fit us in somewhere. I had to show her my phone to prove I made the reservation which was terribly annoying. Definitely going back but will request another server if we get the miserable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Another welcome addition to the BYOB scene in Newtown. Food is good, albeit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovei ItalianDianahwDined on 9/14/2014We have been there four times and have been very pleased with everything we have had. Small but quiet. BYOB is a benefit too. Love the assortment of tiramisu.Special Features:
- kathyDined on 9/14/2014Everyting was wonderful. The food, the atmosphere and the service perfect. Yes I will be back. Thank you. I was told about the restaurant by a friend and I will also pass this information to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodBermudaloversDined on 9/5/2014Made reservation on open table. Got to restaurant and we're told may not have any room. We were ushered to back of restaurant in a separate room. Asked if we had groupon because couldn't use it. Group of 6 seated behind is. So loud others asked to be moved. Wonderful food. Great waitress. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Local ItalianMarkPVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great local restaurant in Newtown, Bucks County. Had the salmon special served with a sangria wine reduction. Terrific special. Keep coming back to this nice local find.Special Features:
- Good FoodBb306Dined on 8/22/2014Overcoming the glut of Italian restaurants to make for creative dishes is a challenge, but Tiramisu did. The beet ravioli dish is a good example. Rich, red beets stuffed inside tasty, firm ravioli served with a nice pesto sauce and hazelnut made for a very delicious meal. Service, on the other hand, follows a typical local pattern. Undertrained and innatentive. Not knowing who gets what dish on serving, empty bread trays left on the table, comments like "you done with that?" Or " You still chewin'?" Just drop the experience. And, it is so preventable.Special Features:
- Food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My daughter had mussels and shrimp and it was a little fishy, a sign the fish is not so fresh. I ordered veal with artichokes and the veal had a slight after taste. We have eaten here before and had a wonderful experience, but I would think twice before I went there again.Special Features:
- No SubstitutionsPallieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We heard this being told to several patrons in the course of the night. Our server was not very accommodating. I asked if the veal chop special was a rib or lion chop? She said she would ask in the kitchen. The answer she came back with was "it is just a chop"!I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumFatspirationnycDined on 8/1/2014We tried three types of tiramisu and they were all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprised :)DanoDined on 7/27/2014Walked in and was greeted by the hostess, and the are waitress Samantha was A1 and the food, the food let's say this will be one of are top Italian place to go to :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some different takes on ItalianvegeaterDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is cozy and boasts a menu with some interesting variations on Italian classics, such as spinach manicotti and roasted beet ravioli (both of which I enjoyed) in addition to classic fare. It is equally fine for lunch and dinner. Bring a sweater-it has been cold every time I have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much improvedBritinBucksDined on 7/17/2014I was told it was much improved since my previous visit so I went back with two friends. The service is still slow. There is only one person to seat people and take orders and this person seemed in no hurry and was not particularly cheerful when she did get to your table. The Bruschetta we had as an appetizer was good. I enjoyed my ravioli stuffed with beets and Ricotta, although one friend said her veal chop was a bit tough. The Tiramasu's were good. We did not know the restaurant closes at 9:00. By 8:30 they were practically removing the plates from our table from which we were still eating. They removed almost everything except the tablecloth before we left at about 8:50. Not a good way to end the evening.
- Delicious food, fantastic service!Foodies4lifeDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have found our new favorite restaurant! The food was absolutely delicious, the service was fantastic, and ten atmosphere was lovely. Our favorite part was dessert! They had a large dessert selection that does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!NettVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place is a small BYOB in Newtown, tried for the first time and LOVED it. Lobster Ravioli was the best I think I have ever had in my life....salad was fresh and the tiramisu's were OUT OF THIS WORLD. There are 5 kinds and we did pistachio and dulce de lece....we couldn't resist each getting our own. Owner walked around checking on people and was very hands on, helping his staff...that was great to see. We will be back....want to try the brunch that I have great things about.Special Features:
- A welcome find.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Quiet cozy little restaurant in the heart of Newtown. Server was very attentive and amiable. Food was fresh and well-prepared. Some imaginative variations on classic Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Trattoria Tiramisu reviews archive.
- very nice placebartoDined on 6/21/2014Very friendly staff . Food was great . Extremely nice neighborhood restaurant ...could definitely be a destination restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food quality very uneven. Calimari breading soggy and unappetizing. Beet ravioli delicious. Spinach gnocchi so dry and tough that it was nearly inedible. Where was the promised sage and brown butter sauce? Service was curt and perfunctory. Not enough staff for the number of tables. We were never asked whether we liked our dinners (we did not!). And a pet peeve of mine is having wait staff take the used knife and fork off my appetizer plate and put them on the table to be reused for the main course. We won't be back.
- Great New Addition to AreaLoveeatingout520VIPDined on 6/5/2014We have always had a great reception going here. The food is very good. I'd highly recommend this Restaraunt.Special Features:
- Great Food but Overall Service ???OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014The food was very, very good. I wish I could say the same regarding the overall service. Our primary waitress was experienced but the support staff in general was very inexperienced. We were brought food to our table which was not ours. Our primary waitress needs to develop a skill of patience with he staff. I would recommend that the ownership invest more time training their staff.Special Features:
- Good food, but order take-out!FrequentdinerDined on 5/31/2014This was our first visit. Our reservation was at 6:30 p.m. on a Saturday. Our table was in a separate back room back room with stone walls and a warm ambiance. So far so good. Then it went downhill. We were seated next to a table of eight people who were evidently about to tour Italy. Also in the room was a party of about 12 people, celebrating grand mom's birthday. The little girl was about seven years old and clearly was not trained to leave her outside voice, outside. Within 5 minutes we asked to be seated in the front room as we could not hear one another unless we yelled. We were told that all tables were reserved. We stayed for the meal (delicious) and quickly left to find at least 5 tables open in the front room. Eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- Awesome findJess910Dined on 5/24/2014I happened to walk by on Friday night and the door was open. The restaurant looked super charming and the food smelled wonderful! Saturday night, my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere new to try. I logged onto my Open Table app and noticed that Trattoria Tiramisu was on the app and had an opening. We were so glad we tried it!! I could not stop raving about the food later that night. The chicken marsala was some of the best I've ever had. My boyfriend loved the lobster ravioli. We both loved the bruschetta. I was pleased to see the many varieties of Tiramisu offered. I stuck to the original while my boyfriend tried the Amaretto. Both were delicious. We will definitely be heading back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood BYOBTorqueyDined on 5/22/2014Food is okay (our group of 4 had pasta, veal, and seafood dishes), and service varies depending on the day. But, it is close by and is BYOB.
- Atmosphere needs slight tweekingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I enjoy our weekly visit to Trattoria Tiramisu. The food is good, service friendly/attentive, prices are reasonable. However, the two things I consistently groan about is the temperature of the restaurant (bring a sweater, ladies) and they keep the lights way, way too bright.
- Trattoria Tiramisu - great food!AbruzzeDined on 5/14/2014The food was delicious! If you are going strictly for the food, it's a winner. My suggestion for a more comfortable dinning experience would be to give it a little more ambiance as far as the lighting and decor. It was very bright in the dinning area. I felt like we were in a cafeteria. But, the waiters were very nice and again, the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!mniniDined on 5/11/2014I must say we were pleasantly surprised as they surpassed our expectations. What we thought was going to be just another Italian restaurant ended up being an extremely tasteful dinning experience. The calamari melted in your mouth and the lamb meatballs were delicious (however a bit a cold when we received them). The wild mushroom ravioli is a MUST! Extremely flavorful. The bread could have been better, but we have def. had worse. We were having dessert at home so we were not able to taste their abundant selection of flavored tiramisu but we will be back to try them for sure! Only downfall was the service. Our main waitress was great but the extra help seemed to be nervous and inexperienced. Other then that this is def. a Newtown gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealJazzyVIPDined on 5/7/2014We actually very much enjoyed our meal. The chicken parm is amazing!!! Dessert is expensive. Don't bother getting garlic bread for $5 as it wasn't that tasty. Everything was brought out in timely fashion. Side note - if you make open table reservation and try to use discounted living social coupon, the restaurant won't honor your open table reservation. They just won't credit the points. They said its because they have to pay open table and living social. Would strongly suggest this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarshabethDined on 5/7/2014Delicious food, great atmosphere, great service - consistently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful surpriseElonparentDined on 5/4/2014Great restaurant. Loved the food, service, and ambiance. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!MatildajaneVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had dinner with friends. We had 5:30 reservations and were seated right on time. The wait staff is wonderful. We had a waitress that made every special sound so great, that it was hard to choose. The menu is surprisingly extensive since the restaurant is not that large. I have been there before and each time I have totally enjoyed my entrée as well as dessert. Our friends totally enjoyed their meals and would like to return. We had a great night and will be back very soon!Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Pleasantly surprised by everything about this place. I thought it was a deli when I would drive by. Very cute neighborhood/Main Street of town spot. Clean. Good food. Just kept going, went farther back then I expected.Special Features:
- Loved the fooddidonatosDined on 4/5/2014This was our first time and we really enjoyed the food from the appetizer selection which we had the eggplant and the fig gelato was amazing. We can't wait to go back. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately worth it!SteveDined on 4/4/2014The food, from the soup to the dessert was outstanding! The soup was a flavorful lobster bisque that tasted of butter, cream and sherry, though I was assured there was no sherry in the recipe, just lots and lots of fresh lobster. The mushroom ravioli was just delicious, with at least 4 types of mushrooms and petite filet mignon tips in a marsala cream sauce, that was to die for! The dessert was a limoncello cake that was so light it floated off of the plate and into our mouths. The wait staff was attentive and chef came over to see if everything was all right! The only criticism is that the entrees took annoyingly long to get to our table. Happily, it was worth the wait!Special Features:
- Great food, Way too noisyMickeyDined on 3/22/2014We went to this restaurant at the last minute. They were very nice and seated us right away. We had a good table in the back room. The food was really outstanding. We shared the antiposto and the eggplant pram apps. My husband had the seafood posilipo with squid ink pasta and I had the salmon with a plum topping. Both came out piping hot and were delicious. That being said, the noise level was off the charts. They have five different kinds of tiramisu, which I was looking forward to. But we left before dessert and coffee because of the noise. It was rediculousy noisy. Couldn't hear myself think and had to get out of there. I am not exaggerating. I would consider going back, but would insist on sitting in the front room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant in NewtownMurdevDined on 3/9/2014The place was bright, clean and friendly. The menu has many item to choose and offered several specials. I will return to this place againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Branzino baked in salt - the best!HablacomidaVIPDined on 3/8/2014This wonderful dish in served tableside. Amazing! Love that we can BYOB our favorite wine to pair with this dish. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEWTOWN BYOB HITS THE MARKSteveDined on 3/6/2014If you are looking for a nice, neighborhood Italian BYOB then Tratoria Tiramisu delivers. Extensive menu and excellent specials. My wife and I both had the Bronzino baked in salt - perfectly done - although to my taste they douse it with too much lemon after filleting the fish tableside. I also had the Pasta e Fagioli soup which was excellent. Overall, we will be back to this restaurant. The only nit pick I have is the plastic laminated menu is out of synch with the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.