31 S. State Street
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriatiramisunewtown.com/
- Phone: (215) 860-2898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sudnay: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sami
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Trattoria Tiramisu
Trattoria Tiramisu is Newtown newest BYOB sensation, open for lunch and dinner! An authentic Italian restaurant featuring fresh homemade pasta, made on site. We provides a cozy warm atmosphere while dining. Its elegant decor and candle light add a bit of modern flare to its traditional cuisine. Our service is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Trattoria Tiramisu Italian Restaurant offers Traditional Fair including items such as, Chicken Parm, Chicken Marsala and Eggplant Parm. Delicious appetizers including Calamari Fritti, Antipasto and Bruschetta. Chef Sami offers a variety of homemade pastas such as the ever popular Lobster Ravioli and Portobello Ravioli! We also offer Mediterranean dinner specials including Bronzino and Veal Osso Bucco. We have fantastic desserts! No meal is complete without something sweet! Homemade Tiramisu, Triple Chocolate mousse cake, Canolis and seasonal Gelato, flavors suck as Fig, Pumpkin, Cappuccino and Hazelnut!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Tiramisu - Best Restaurants in Newtown ›
Trattoria Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (10)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- New restaurant in NewtownMurdevDined on 3/9/2014The place was bright, clean and friendly. The menu has many item to choose and offered several specials. I will return to this place againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Branzino baked in salt - the best!HablacomidaVIPDined on 3/8/2014This wonderful dish in served tableside. Amazing! Love that we can BYOB our favorite wine to pair with this dish. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEWTOWN BYOB HITS THE MARKSteveDined on 3/6/2014If you are looking for a nice, neighborhood Italian BYOB then Tratoria Tiramisu delivers. Extensive menu and excellent specials. My wife and I both had the Bronzino baked in salt - perfectly done - although to my taste they douse it with too much lemon after filleting the fish tableside. I also had the Pasta e Fagioli soup which was excellent. Overall, we will be back to this restaurant. The only nit pick I have is the plastic laminated menu is out of synch with the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014Food and prices were outstanding, we will def return to this neighborhood gem!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/19/2014If you haven't been here, you must try it!The food was superb and the servers are great. I was there with friends and we were the last table. They didn't rush us and were very gracious. Best of all, it's a BYOB. The final word-yum!Special Features:
- DeliciousMangiareDined on 2/16/2014Every dish was delicious homemade pastas well prepared great service owner chef was very experiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing experienceDinoDined on 2/15/2014Food mostly good. Tomatoes in Caprese Salad not ripe. Service was fair. We were not offered fresh ground pepper or parmesan cheese on entrees. It was a BYOB but no one offered to open our wine. Host/waitress (same person) not attentive until the very end. We were disappointed.
- Nice restaurant, few tablessweetnessDined on 2/15/2014Nice restaurant, few tables but a nice evening out. My wife and I went for a Valentines dinner. We went on Saturday but they ran a special menu for the weekend. We shared an appetizer. I had a Caesar salad, which was terrific. For my entree I had branzino baked in a salt crust and filleted table side. It was cooked perfectly, and the server did a great job filleting the fish, which can be tricky. He managed to do it quickly and efficiently without butchering the fish. For dessert I had the traditional tiramisu, which was spectacular. We will definitely return. Also, on a side note the bread they offer before the meal is from a place in Brooklyn and it was also great. Great place for a date night, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, chaotic environementZeroZeroDined on 2/14/2014There was a fixed menu for Valentine's Day; the food was very good, the deserts were even better, but the front of the house was poorly managed, and we needed to wait for our "assigned" table (even though there were at least three two-top tables open) as other couples who arrived after us were seated, which seemed rude to me. The bus staff was lethargic, and the two servers had to constantly direct them to do their jobs. Throughout the night, we heard complaints of food taking too long; I'd say our dining experience was moderately-paced for a good "date night", and the server was attentive - all-in-all, we were there for a little over two hours. The chaos may be chalked up to a busy Valentine's Day, but I'm not sure if we'll return.
- Great food - rough serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Amazingly cooked perfectly tasty and breaded calamari! Phenomenally tender and tasty veal osso bucco!! Nice, but fake approach from server...Special Features:
- Our first time here & wouldMarleymorkieDined on 2/8/2014Our first time here & would definitely return! Everything from the bread, appetizers, main course & dessert were excellent. The service was excellent was wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Newtown RestaurantAudreyDined on 2/8/2014This little place is actually much bigger than it appears from the street. There is a charming back room which is where we were seated. A benefit of this room is that it wasn't as noisy as the front room although the noise level was a little bit high even there. That would be my only complaint. And, oh yes, they did not have any regular black tea. Next time I go, I will bring my own tea bag and just order a pot of hot water. They did, however, have a nice selection of herbal, green, and chai teas. The food was delicious - old standards like mushroom ravioli as well as something really different - ravioli stuffed with roasted beets and riccotta! Excellent fare!Special Features:
- ExperienceBirchmomDined on 1/17/2014The food was ok. We walked in with our open table reservations and the waitress/hostess told us they overbooked the restaurant. Anyway we asked to be seated at a table away from the door but was told there was a reservation for that table. So we sat elsewhere. The waitress (same woman) decided we were not her favorite people and treated us as such. I ordered the lasagna and then she came back to say they were out of it. I then had the eggplant parm which was good. Overall just ok experience other than the waitress. The bus boys were great.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceAmyEDined on 1/17/2014My husband and I went to there for a spontaneous date night not knowing anything other than what reviews said. We weren't disappointed. The food was amazing & the staff was very accommodating, especially when I asked to be moved from the table right by the front door on a very cold January night. They brought us through the crowded dining room into a small dining room. It was quiet and lovely, although a little chilly. But it didn't matter once the food came. I got the brushetta and it was amazing, and my husband enjoyed the calamari. As my entree I got the rigatoni w/ crab meat in a rosa sauce. OMG. SO good. My husband got one of the specials with pan seared scallops, which was also really good. We'll be going back for Valentine's Day!!!Special Features:
- Second visitMickiVIPDined on 1/11/2014Food and service very good. A bit noisy, and the waiters took our plates, coffee, etc, before we were finished. They did that several times and we had to keep stopping them. Also, at 9:15, they turned the lights up and started rushing us out. Sat Night at 9:15..a bit early?Special Features:
- Very pleasant lunch!LocalNeighborVIPDined on 1/8/2014We had a party of four and all of us enjoyed our meals. Our server Melissa was well versed in the menu items and specials for the day and very pleasant.Special Features:
- Newtown Italian ClassicHarveyDined on 1/5/2014We started with my favorite appetizer (rarely found around here) grilled octopus. My wife has fried calamari which was to die for. I then had the lobster ravioli. They hand make the pasta, and it was loaded with lobster pieces. My wife had a chicken dish which she greatly enjoyed. We then shared a tiramisu pastry which was also to die for. We think this will be our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2014Food is very well prepared and was kept very hot prior to serving. Only issue was the placement at a table for 2, just inside the front door on an evening when outside temps were in single digits. Each time someone entered, it was windy and frigid. It was a weird place for a table, made more crowded by being backed up to a Christmas tree in the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner was highly pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The dinner was highly priced and very salty. The service was rushed. The area was cold. And toward end of dining experpetoence, they was a loud banging noise upstairs for about 10 minutes. Won't go back.
- Great find!majmavenDined on 12/30/2013Three friends got together for dinner and unanimously agreed that this restaurant was a wonderful experience that needed to be repeated. We shared two appetizers, melanzane rollatini and the calamari fritti. Both were excellent. Caesar Salad was good but nothing special. Veal Viviana and Chicken Marsala were both delicious and the broccoli rabe was very good. One waitress pretty much handled the entire restaurant so we didn't see her much but back waiters were available for our needs. Same experience on my last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newtown, PA Gem!MommcDined on 12/28/2013Delicious entrees & desserts. Everything is homemade & you can taste the freshness. It's a hidden gem in the heart of Newtown.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseErinsVIPDined on 12/24/2013Decided not to cool thid year and Went here for Xmas eve dinner. We will be going again. Delicious and very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food excellent serviceMichaelDined on 12/24/2013Food was fantastic and the wait staff were very attentive but not annoying. I loved the seven fish dishes for Christmas Eve dinner.Special Features:
- Italy was speaking to me..ZIGSPOTDined on 12/24/2013Enjoyed a very good Italian dish and wine. It was great for late night and the special occasion was no where to go around Christmas - except the company was great and so was the food! Would visit again. The ambiance was noted as fair because the space was kind of small for all of this grand food and it was kind of loud in the restaurant. Wood floors - walls - need someway to dampen the sound or enlarge the space..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich and DelicioustaylorDined on 12/20/2013Tiramisu in the heart of Newtown is a little gem. I thought at first that it was quite a bright ambience for an evening Christmastime dinner, and at times the restaurant was loud. The penne alla vodka was delicious and I loved the calamari we ordered as an appetizer. hands down, the food was fantastic. I would go back again - maybe ask for a better seat and perhaps go on a less crowded night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a party of eight onFitzDined on 12/19/2013We were a party of eight on a weekday night, so it was quiet. I am not sure how loud it would be if it were a weekend night as it is small and quaint. We all enjoyed the food except my husband who had the lasagna.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. WonderfulMarshabethDined on 12/15/2013Excellent restaurant. Wonderful service. Nice atmosphere. Can't wait to go back and order the same entree (veal viviana). Also the panini bread and oil with crushed olives was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013We attend the yearly Newtown Christmas House Tour, and have had some very poor restaurant experiences. Trattoria Tiramisu was a wonderful surprise. The food was outanding, the service pleasant and informed, the setting comfortable. Just as advertised, it is a neighborhood gem! We plan to visit Newtown in the near future just have lunch at this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2013I ordered off the regular menu. I had the house salad and Veal Portofino. It was absolutely delicious!!! I can't wait to go back. I didn't have any room for dessert, unfortunately. Newton is a great little town and we are looking forward to exploring it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicekokosukiDined on 11/21/2013The owner - chef is obviously very proud of what he serves. He has visited us at the table several times. Our waitress was knowledgeable and appropriately attentive. Great BYOB Italian restaurant. Great setting on State Street in Newtown, Bucks County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch menuNettoVIPDined on 11/21/2013Very economical, 3 course lunch, including homemade soup, salad, choice of entrees (I suggest the juicy chicken parm with rigatoni, if offered) and chocolate cannoli. $10!!! Hope that special continues! Don't forget that it's BYOB. Great food, attentive and athletic wait staff. :) You will be happy you wentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure of NewtownFoodie46Dined on 11/2/2013Delicious food. BYOB. Great service. Perfect for a special occasion or make it a regular stop. Definitely new reservation since dining room is small. But you wont feel crowded. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2013This was our first time dining at this restaurant. The waitress never smiled and made us feel rushed when taking our order. She also seemed very annoyed when we asked questions about menu items and when I asked for additional cheese for my pasta. I ordered veal marsala - the gravy was very thick, pasty and flavorless. My husband ordered the lobster ravioli - so much sauce it looked like soup, you could not even see the ravioli. Room was very loud and noisy. Overall, not a good experience. Would not return or recommend to family and friends.Special Features:
- Good Italian cookingCharlotteDined on 10/25/2013tiramisu will become our new favorite restaurant in the Newtown area. The service is friendly and items like homemade pasta, tasty veal, and yummy tomato sauce make eating there a treat. The only drawbacks we found were the noise level, if you happen to be seated near inconsiderate people, and the draftiness, which will get worse as winter approaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for dessertMommcDined on 10/23/2013They have a variety of tiramisu desserts as well as other delicious treats. I had pumpkin cheese cake w/ crushed pecans and it was probably the best cheesecake I've ever tasted. Service was great and the entree was also delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food but a bit noisy BettCarolynDined on 10/12/2013Excellent food but a bit noisy Better to sit in the back sectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerBfalcon1VIPDined on 10/12/2013The food was very good...the service was a little on the slow side. The special was very expensive...next time I will ask.Special Features:
- Good or not?MarcoDined on 10/12/2013We went out with a party of 4. Made reservations and had our table ready when we arrived. Service was okay but the food was really fresh and tasteful. Ambiance was also very good and it was perfect for a double date. I would definitly recommend the bruschetta as an appetizer and the chicken param was also excellent. I stole a lobster ravioli from my wife and that was also very good. Can't forget dessert, the teramisu was out of this world. I will definitly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October 2013PuppyDined on 10/2/2013Outstanding service and food. The eggplant parm is fabulous and the side order of meatballs really were great. Caesar salad was nice size and great to share. Loved it so much we are going back on monday night for the all you can eat mussels with pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful addition to thememeDined on 9/29/2013A wonderful addition to the Newtown area. It was charming, service was excellent, the host was very friendly. Most of all, the food was excellent and we will definitely return. It wouldn't be ideal for a large group but 4 or 6 at the most as it's a store front location. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.