2091 Winston Park Drive
Oakville, ON L6H 6P5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://trattoriatimone.ca/
- Phone: 9058422906
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Trattoria Timone
Over the past 3 years in our new location, Trattoria Timone has established itself as one of the most exciting new restaurants in the Oakville and Mississauga area. We are located at the AMC Theatre Plaza - 2091 Winston Park Drive, directly beside the AMC Theatre, and Dirty Martini. Trattoria Timone’s authentic Italian cuisine is attributed to the kitchen staff’s experience and passion in the culinary field, led directly by Michel Fronteddu, Head Chef for 22 years and Owner since 2002 . Chef Michel and his team of professionals base their success to making everything on site, while only using the freshest ingredients available. Hand -rolling gnocchi, churning gelato, and growing our own organic herbs, are only a few examples of the quality and dedication that sets Trattoria Timone apart from chain restaurants. Our menu has been extended to include a greater variety of regional Italian dishes, along with a wonderful selection of seafood, and oysters from the Rodney’s Oyster House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trattoria Timone - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Trattoria Timone reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (62)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (30)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Excellent food, service and environment. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LylaBe45Dined on 10/18/2014FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING! Never had a problem with the waiters before; however the one we had on October 18, 2014 was over confident and guarded. I had to ASK for more water, ASK for the dessert menu twice. My leftovers (in a bag to take home) was sitting on the table the whole time we were eating our dessert/drinking coffee.Special Features:
- #Saaaaaweeet!!FoodieFav5Dined on 10/17/2014I love my own home cooking and often compare the value of eating at home vs dining out... The ambiance and welcoming reception starts the night on a positive note which is sustained throughout the entire visit. Food is awesome, service is great, atmosphere is warm and the experience meets all values of dining at Trattoria Timone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and foodauzigrl01VIPDined on 10/15/2014We needed to find a restaurant close to where we were dropping our boys off and searched the usual apps etc to find somewhere. Yelp found this one and we searched the previous reviews. Overall it looked good...but we had not dined here before so were not sure. We wanted something with good, interesting food choices that was higher quality but not overblown pricing. Upon arriving we were shown to a really nice table for two. They had an interesting list of specials at different price points, good wine options allowing for lower cost, high quality wines as well as the usual top end types. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Nice ambience with the open kitchen concept. Food was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- all togetheronceeatingthereDined on 10/12/2014my wife and i were greeted with ellegance -- all staff new it was her b'day and wished her happy b'day. The flowers I had odered from flowerpedal were delivered and placed on our table before our arrival. Although we are not desert people the waitress brought her a pecan tart covered with ice cream and chocolate sauce and a candle. What a conclusion to a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- TOFoodie61VIPDined on 10/11/2014A nice restaurant for a movie and dinner date - it's just a few steps from the theatre! Food is average but a little pricey. There are Italian restaurants in Downtown Toronto that may provide the same quality for a lower price. Service was a little slow, but since it was a Saturday evening, and a few functions going on, this is probably forgivable.Special Features:
- Eat elsewherethejonsesDined on 10/10/2014Food was overpriced for the quality we were served. Restaurant was lacking privacy and very loud. Server brought bruscetta assumptively and charged us for it. Go to Baton Rouge instead.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The evening was very nice.... The food ( steak) was great and very hot which was nice... Service was great. We plan to go back and try the pizza which looks great. Very happy with everything. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal.brandcVIPDined on 10/9/2014It took a little while before we were approached but once our server, Leo, did come to our table, he apologized for the delay and was attentive and engaging. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. We enjoyed our house salads which had a lovely light dressing. I had the scallops appetizer as my main. They were flavourful and substantial with the double-smoked bacon accompaniment. My husband enjoyed his sea bass main. The restaurant was very busy and had a comfortable ambience.Special Features:
- Trattoria TimoneLmb1Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent atmosphere and food. Would visit again but perhaps not on a weekend. The noise level is very high when full and the service a bit slow due to parties.Special Features:
- AmazingKaekaeohDined on 9/27/2014This place was amazing. Great food and amazing Service! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightGreat2BthereDined on 9/27/2014We had a great night. The meal was wonderful. The service was top notch and the overall experience was perfect. I have been a number of times before and everything was spot-on as usual.Special Features:
- Good food, but expensive!BobTDined on 9/21/2014Most of the food was excellent, but pricey. Lobster bisque was superb, my Angus steak was excellent and our daughter enjoyed her Caesar salad and seafood pasta. However, my wife made a poor choice and did not enjoy the Margherita Pizza. She said it was bland and chewy. Service was friendly, but music was too loud and inappropriate. I couldn't hear the server when placing my order across the table. And why would you play loud Cuban music in an Italian restaurant? Surely, there is nice Italian or Spanish music you could play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good servicepotcieDined on 9/21/2014I always love the food at Trattoria Timone. The menu is varied and there is something delicious for everyone. Initially the music was too loud, but as soon as we asked for it to be turned down, it was perfect. This is a favourite spot for us to eat.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseThumperDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time. The food was perfectly prepared and the service was excellent. The restaurant was a bit loud, but it comes in waves as it is located next to the movie theaters, so people arrange their dinners around the movie schedule.Our server was very pleasant and treated us well. We started with an Arancini, Escargots, and some Oysters that were extremely fresh.Our mains were the Chilean Sea Bass and the Peppercorn Glazed New York steak. We shared a bottle of Valpollicella, and finished up the evening with slice of Key Lime Pie and some special coffees. Sour dough bread was provided throughout the meal with an Olive Oil dip. I would have liked a good Balsamic vinegar with this, but the bread was still very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining at TimoneSilkySwanDined on 9/19/2014The food was very good quality. The service was superb. They were flexible enough to adopt to our requirements. And they were innovative to make us feel comfortable. Awesome atmosphere, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Great service and generous amount of great food but a little pricey. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceDomenicDined on 9/12/2014I cannot say enough about the friendly staff, the ambience, and of course, the food. Our group of four thoroughly enjoyed the linginie, the fettucine and ripaso wine...a touch of Italy in our backyard- what a joy!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurantmeow2youDined on 9/12/2014Very lovely atmosphere for dining and the food was wonderfully cooked and served. The portions was generous also. No too noisy as usual at lunch in other restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014The service attentive ,the ambiance super and the food tastySpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceAA712BNEDined on 9/8/2014Celebrated our 25th anniversary with a dinner in this place and the food and service is excellent. A bit pricey but it worth. The appetizers and dessert menu are very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Trattoria was recommended by our friends to Celebrated our 9 year anniversary, so glad we listened to them. The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly. I cannot remember the last time I walked through a restaurant and every staff member said hello. There is such thing as Professional servers and they work at Trattoria.Special Features:
- fabulous findTintyDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant was recommended to take friends for a special get together. Was not disappointed. The food was superb. Great variety menu. Wonderful wine list. The server we had was well informed of the menu and gave great suggestions. I will definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GigiDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner. It was quick and friendly and there was not one thing wrong with our visit! We can't wait to go there again in the near future! We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outluvagoodrestaurantDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is a favourite of ours when dining out as the food and service are consistently very good. If you love caesar salad, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the one here. I enjoyed the pasta I had although I thought it was perhaps just a little too creamy. I would love to see a return of the duck - I missed seeing that on the menu. If you are looking for great food and service, try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been more pleased!OakvilleFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014My wife, two children and I ate at Trattoria Timone over the Labour Day Weekend and we were very pleased with the service as well as the excellent menu options. All our selections were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We were especially pleased that they offered to alter the menu for our son who prefers fried calamari over grilled calamari. Also, they offered to make his steak to suit his preferences as he did not want to try the mushrooms included in the steak sauce. For a fine dining restaurant, they were more than accommodating! Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good!Taylor14Dined on 8/31/2014I took my wife here for her birthday, I'm not a big fan of Italian food but they did have a decent steak. We had a good time overall one item to mention I requested my steak well done and it was medium well. Not a deal breaker. I also like that they had flavoured mineral waters (aranciata) as I don't drink. The service was very good and we liked our server.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Always a very good place to dine The atmosphere,service and food selection and quality is very good.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was my 3rd time at TT and definatley not my last. The food and sevice was outstanding. Loved by all.Special Features:
- work lunchHappyeatingDined on 8/29/2014We came here to have a work lunch & everything was great!Special Features:
- junoDined on 8/28/2014We had the best lunch we have had in a long time. we have lunch in Oakville and surroundings 2 or 3 times a week and this is the best restaurant by far. Take a good look Enoteca 7. We will be back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!acctcgaszDined on 8/23/2014We had a great time at Trattoria - service was very good and food was delicious. We would recommend this place to anyone who would love to enjoy good food and wine and feel pampered. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience ansd Friendly WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Very impressed with the overall look of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great NightGinoGDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have a great experience and would bring friends with us the next time we go.Special Features:
- Friday night on the patioalgeeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sat on the patio for the first time when dining here, usually sit inside. Much quieter than I expected, which was very nice. Service and food always very good.Special Features:
- closing hourseatplaysleepDined on 8/4/2014Hi, I had an amazing experience at your resturant. The food and service was great only thing, I would point out was the hours of operation. I think the resturant closed too soon, just felt a little rushed. Other then that awesome . Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasionsjankielDined on 8/3/2014I took my wife for our anniversary to this place and it was really great experience. Booked the table with special request and it was all done as I asked in my online reservation. Ambiance was very romantic and cozy, food amazing, excellent wine and great and tentative service which made the whole experience an evening to remember. Fully recommend this place for a romantic dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in GTATeratolaDined on 8/3/2014Everything about this restaurant is great! The food, the ambience, the staff, the music! When we go there, we make sure we don't eat too much because everything here is so good! The Bruschetta is not to be missed and the salmon? Incredible! The setting is elegant but not 'snooty' and the wait staff always make you feel comfortable and welcome! The music is loud enough but not overwhelming! Where else can you hear Andrea Bocelli, Enrique Iglesias and Juan Luis Guerra and Marc Anthony all in one evening?? A must try for anyone in the GTA!Special Features:
- LocalresidentDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant always superb and this time it did not disappoint. Wonderful service, fabulous food and great atmosphere. They do it time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantluvagoodrestaurantDined on 8/1/2014We love dining at Trattoria Timone, mainly for the service, food and ambience, in that order. Consistently an enjoyable experience, it's our first choice when dining out. The Caesar Salad is among the best anywhere, the pasta selection is excellent and although my husband likes larger portion sizes for meals, I think it's just right.Special Features: