591 College Street
Toronto, ON M6G 1B2Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://tavernitis.ca/
- Phone: 4165370078x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12pm - 10pm
Tuesday: 5pm - 10pm
Wednesday: 12pm - 10pm
Thursday: 12pm - 11pm
Friday: 12pm - 11pm
Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mamma Rosina!
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Trattoria Taverniti
Trattoria Taverniti serves authentic and homemade Italian cuisine in the heart of Toronto’s Little Italy. A true trattoria, this cozy little restaurant, features Rosina Taverniti's family recipes. Come try our house specialties: Gnocchi Venezia, Meat Lasagna, or our Calabrese Pizza!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Taverniti reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)romantic (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Finally Made It There!LittleItalyLocalDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a date night at Trattoria Taverniti and absolutely loved everything about it. The beef carpaccio was delicious and we split a pizza and pasta. It was more than enough food and went well with the recommended wine we had. We will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014There was a group of 9 out of which 8 of us had pizza. Everyone had a different pizza and loved it. Service was good.Special Features:
- Hit the mark...BIllBDined on 9/27/2014Really good food at reasonable prices. Nice wine list and friendly staff. Very comfortable and competent while not trying to do too much.Special Features:
- Good local TrattoriaBigtiggerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Crowded indoor space and 2 bar tables/stools outside in the middle of busy Little Italy. Food good, lasagne especially. Reasonable wine prices, energetic and willing to please service, if a tad distracted.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Trattoria Taverniti reviews archive.
- ExcellentwarrenVIPDined on 5/21/2014This place is a find. There are many telling restaurants in Toronto and in this neighborhood, But if you have a homely family vibe like this one. The food is unpretentious as far as the prices. Everything tasty and homemade. Nothing too fancy. Just good solid food and a bice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Honey on pizza!SmorgieDined on 5/8/2014Great Caprese Salad & Calebrese Pizza - need I say more? Good beer too. These guys are great - Waitress said kindly there was a little accident when pouring the honey (lid fell off) & if it wasn't to our satisfaction they would prepare another pizza. We took a couple of bites and although it was delicious - we requested a not-so-sweet replacement. They were more than happy to and whip'd it up right away. This is quality & class right here. Would go back in a jiffy!Special Features:
- Small and cozy venueasdfghjklDined on 5/2/2014Great little place, good food and wine in little italySpecial Features:
- More help is needed in the kitchenFoodLoverVIPDined on 4/26/2014WE have had this experience too many times: while it's not a large restaurant, there is only one chef in the kitchen and as a result, the food takes much too long. Dishes come out one at a time for different diners at one table. This shows a complete lack of respect for their cutsomers. They have gone more upscale with the menu but the food quality has gone down. The Caesar salad is in a fancier serving dish and is now smaller and not as tasty. It was once a favourite but I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon!
- Just like mom's great homemadeChrisDined on 4/23/2014Lived in the area took a few friends for dinner , we started with off the Beef Carpaccio , delicious !! waitress said it was made with truffle oil and a balsamic reduction , it was amazing !!, then the spaghetti carbonara again amazing it was so good , then finally we shared a pizza calabrase , I've never had a pizza with honey and hot peppers before , but we ordered another one , polished off the 1st one , the hot and sweet on a pizza is to die for . Finally had the homemade pistachio gelato , again best thing we every had. Definitely have to try this place , awesome food , all homemade , everything is delicious , good family and casual atmosphere , we're going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysemmaw3Dined on 4/5/2014Taverniti's is quickly becoming my favourite go-to restaurant. The pappardelle bolognese is satisfying and delicious - I get it every time, and their new pizza with fig jam and prosciutto is to die for!! The older italian lady always comes to say hi and makes us feel like we are in her home. Staff is always very friendly and the place has a great family feel to it. And last time the owner had made hazelnut gelato! One of the best I've ever had, and the perfect light way to finish off a marvelous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the most amazing dinner everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014It was the greatest italian restaurant I've ever been. The price here is not so expensive and the food is really nice. However, the space is quite small and the noise level here is a little bit high. But overall, It was a memorable dinner with my girlfriend.Special Features:
- DisappointsNicolaDined on 4/3/2014We thought we'd try this spot out given the high rating from other diners. Unfortunately, tHe meal was not what we expected. Salads were tasty. Chicken parmigiana was quite rubbery and had been previously frozen. The pomodoro sauce was fine. When the waitres was asked if the chicken was fresh or frozen, there was much hesitancy but she eventually noted they make it fresh but sometime freeze extra. It was too bad as it did impact the quality of the dish a great deal. Meals for each diner came out at different times. Wine selection was ok. I would not recommend this restaurant given the high quality of other locations in the neibourhood.
- love it!!!saraj6Dined on 2/22/2014a very cozy and romantic little restaurant, this place is great!!! they make amazing pizza and a killer lasagna.. sauce is unbelievable service is personal and not at all rushed... perfect for catching up with my friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great pricesChrisDined on 2/21/2014Had a great time food was awesome , had the Gnocchi and Margherita pizza was do delicious , great food just like mom use to make , def coming back again , this is a place when you can go and have great food and don't have to pay the high prices that others charge , service was great everyone there treats you like family , very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kerp going backnatalieDined on 2/21/2014We are consistently satisfied, great pizza ,great pasta ,good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely returningemmaw3Dined on 2/20/2014A friend of mine recommended Taverniti's and it definitely lived up to all its praise! The family and all of the staff are very friendly and make you feel as though you are in their home. The food is delicious. I had pappardelle bolognese, and my friend had the gorgonzola pizza with honey- both were devoured! Can't wait to return and try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and satisfying homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Delicious and satisfying homemade Italian dishes ! A' lovely find' in this neighbourhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is by far my favouritefoodlover22Dined on 11/28/2013This is by far my favourite italian restaurant in toronto.. a small but cozy place that serves amazing, truly authentic italian food. My husband and I started off with homemade foccacia (this was to die for), followed by spaghetti and meatballs (pasta al dente, tomato sauce was flavourful and fresh) and a pizza with hot soppressata and mushrooms (crust was amazing)... all finished within seconds!! Service was great, the nonna even came out and spoke to us! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing return visitalbertaguyVIPDined on 11/22/2013I was so impressed the first time I visited this restaurant that I couldn't wait to take guests to it when I returned to Toronto. Bad mistake! Both the service and the food were mediocre at best. It's a small restaurant, but the service was rushed and impersonal. The pasta was drowned in sauce -- perhaps to hide the fact that the pasta itself was undercooked. There's not enough room between tables for people to move, resulting in awkward positioning for the service staff and for customers trying to sit down or leave. Hard to believe the restaurant has gone this far downhill in a relatively short period of time. I won't be going back.
- A relaxing pizza and pastamuchogustoguy1Dined on 11/9/2013A relaxing pizza and pasta resto. Freshly-made pasta and friendly service. We enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICdomkeyDined on 9/26/2013A hidden gem , smaller but BIG in everything ! Staff was outstanding , food was amazing -try it out !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the way Mama made it!!!LuvFineFoodDined on 9/13/2013The restaurant was fantastic from every aspect - service, ambience, and food!! We had two small children and they loved the food!! It was truly authentic italian food. The service was very friendly and the owner/cook took the time to come out and say hello! We had a great time and felt like we were at home. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Great for couples to families to small groups!! ENJOY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bene!WestendFoodieDined on 8/2/2013We ordered two appetizers to share and different entrees. My girlfriend's pizza, a delicious combination of a thin, flaky crust with gorgonzola, potatoes, and honey for a delightful contrast. My other girlfriend and I, who had ordered a pasta dish, patiently waited for ours to arrive. Lindsay came to our table to inform us that it will be a few moments before ours comes out, which was appreciated so we were not left wondering why it was taking a while. Our meal was delicious. The seasonings were spot on and we topped our experience off with some tortufo and fresh tiramisu. Overall, The service was very friendly and polite and we were never ushered to leave, despite having already paid and got lost in engaging girlfriend banter.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2013This small family owned restaurant on College is a delightful little spot and has a warm, inviting ambiance. I dined there two years ago and the Eggplant Parmagiana was the best I had ever eaten. This time we enjoyed appetizers of meatballs, which were superb and rice balls that were divine, followed by Eggplant Parmiagian and Penne alla Vodka. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It is affordable and reminiscent of some of my dining experiences in Italy and the servers are knoweledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian MealTODinerDined on 6/22/2013We were a party of four out to celebrate my birthday. The ambience is very warm and welcoming and I loved the checkered table cloths. Unfortunately the restaurant filled up all at once so the service was a bit slow. That being said the servers were extremely friendly and proactively apologized repeatedly for the slow service. Also, a large family of 8 arrived looking for a table and when they could not be seated (it's a very small restaurant) they decided to order take out and took up a lot of the staffs' time deciding what to order and the kids were dancing about next to our table. This was not the fault of the servers and we actually felt bad for them to have to deal with this clueless family.Special Features: