5894 SW Sunset Dr..
South Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoria-sole.com/ordereze/default.aspx
- Phone: 3056669392
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Lunch: 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
12:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Peruvian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trattoria Sole
Italian tradition teaches us that sharing a meal can bring out the best in people. Hearts are warmed, burdens are lifted, and friendships are deepened. Contemplate bring catered to the best Italian fare in town in a modern Italian ambience hosted by a friendly knowledgeable staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Sole reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not Italian foodSkibillytDined on 2/24/2014Despite its name this is really a Latin influenced Italian restaurant. We had 3 in our party- two of us were very disappointed in our entrees, one had an appetizer of substandard fare. Nice looking restaurant but there are many in Miami which are WAY better.
- Best place for mediocrity.WinendineherDined on 2/14/2014It's not the most expensive restaurant, but you do not get what you pay for. Service is nothing to right home about. I had to go above my waiter & speak to a manager twice in order to get my drink replaced since the already dirty glass it came in had crud caked on it. Then it took a good 5-8 min. for me to get my drink replaced. My waiter went missing when it was time for dessert and the check, I had to ask the manager again to step in and help. The food quality is comparable to chain restaurants dull in flavor. Portions size fluctuate, I ordered the salmon, it was a small, my girlfriend ordered the risotto with shrimp and it was huge. I would say this place is extremely mediocre, in price, venue, food and service. I wouldn't recommend it.
- TerribleRitzDined on 2/14/2014Food was terrible. My daughter and I both ordered the Risotto with shrimp. What we actually received was a plate of warm, sticky, mushy rice. It didn't taste very good and the texture made it impossible to eat. Both my daughter and I were only able to eat the grilled shrimp layered on top. The rest of dinner party were disappointed with their meals. The crab cakes were not bad, probably the best part of our meal. The chocolate soufflés were good. I will never return to this restaurant.
- What Happened?BetterB4Dined on 2/14/2014I used to frequent this restaurant, but it had been over a year since I had planned a dinner there. There are so many new restaurants that sometimes we forget about the ones we visted and enjoyed in the past. So we were in the South Miami area and decided to have dinner. Things appear to have changed in the kitchen and not for the better. The portions are smaller, the salmon appears to have been pre-cooked as it was dry and just slightly warm. Overall, not a memorable dinner. The waiters and attendants were very nice and the restaurant still looks nice, but if there has been a change of ownership or in the kitchen, I think they should re-evaluate what made them so much better in the past.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereFoodlawDined on 2/13/2014Great food and atmosphere. Everyone has driven by this restaurant but how many have eaten there? The food is great especially the fish and the risottos. Sitting out on the patio is great in the winter or on a summer evening. We'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, andTRex33143Dined on 2/2/2014Excellent food, service, and good value. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab and the pumpkin ravioliSylviaDined on 1/25/2014The crab and the pumpkin ravioli were delicious. The wait staff were friendly and attentive. We dined early evening and by the time we left, noise had gotten appreciably louder. Pick an off-hour for a quiet dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2014Picked this restaurant for a taste of fusion style dishes and I was impressed. I had the skirt steak and it was cooked to perfection! My date had Gnocchi and it was delicious. The south miami scene was quiet the night we went which made our dinner that much better. The desserts were AMAZING! I will suggest the Warm Apple Tart to EVERYONE. It was a very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013The food and service is always good. My only complaint would be the noise level. It would be helpful if the wait staff could place the plate wear down more gently when at the kitchen area.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/21/2013We have been coming here for over 12+ years. The service and food are always great. We highly recommend it. Juan Carlos is AMAZING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent Food-Excellent ServiceThomasDined on 12/19/2013Went there to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday with the family. Open Table would only accept a reservation for 6, but when I callled to explain we would be 8, the restaurant was very accomodating. Had a nice table outside. Atmosphere was fantastic with white Christmas lights and a small jazz band. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. Good wine selection.Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sole cannot make risottononamegalDined on 11/23/2013my friend's food was good. service was good at the beginning as they started filling up it took four tries to get the check. the risotto Milanese tasted salty and looked as if it came out of a package. will never order risotto again. their pasta is usually goodSpecial Features:
- Right on Sunset. Easy to getSandraDined on 11/1/2013Right on Sunset. Easy to get to. Great food and atmoshere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gin girls nightCatherineDined on 9/27/2013We came to Sole to celebrate 2 birthdays. All had a wonderful dinning experience!Special Features:
- Great meal as always. ExcellentcourtboyVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great meal as always. Excellent Miami Spice menu. Great food and wine list. Perfect service. Staff worked together to make our meal great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY YUMMY AUTHENTICAngel4FoodDined on 9/18/2013Excellent service. Full bar and nice wine list. Authentic fresh food.Special Features:
- GREAT!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013My husband and I have been coming to Trattoria Sole for over 12 years now and it never disappoints! From the service to the food, everything is GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for Lunch. For startersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2013We went for Lunch. For starters I had PROSCIUTTO PLATE which was Paper thin sliced prosciutto di parma chunks of parmesan cheese and mixed olives. This was ok. My friend had the soup of the day which was carrot soup. It was very good. For the main course, I had RAVIOLI DI RICOTTA E SPINACH Spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli, fresh tomato sauce. This tasted very good and for dessert I had the TIRAMISU. The presentation was nice and tasted good. I would go back again but for lunch.Special Features:
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013My wife and I have dined here twice over the past month and very much enjoyed our experience both times. The food was great and our server Frantz was very attentive and provided us with excellent service both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013We started the evening off right with a Torre di Capri. The tomatoes were perfectly crisp and mixed well with the other components of the dish. I was happy to see that they had one of my favorite Italian dishes, Risotto Nero e Capesante. It was prepared well and was extremely delicious! Also tried the Ravioli Granchio, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2013This restaurant always delivers great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A FAVORITESHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 7/5/2013Sole is one of our favorite restaurants when visiting Miami. You don't have to travel out of South Miami to find an excellent Italian menu with friendly service a nice neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- Good and reliableLadyJoDined on 6/28/2013We have been coming to Sole for many years and it is always a reliable choice. It is easy to meet friends there and everyone can find an entrée they enjoy. This time we got the seafood stew and a steak. Our friends got fish. All was delicious. The service which is usually spot on was a little off this visit. We had to wave our server down for just about everything. It was entirely too hot to sit outdoors but I love the option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has lost a lot!AbuNidalDined on 5/25/2013The food and service has really declined at this resturant. It used to be a great place to eat at, unfortunately I cannot recommend it anymore. Service was slow eventhough it was a rainy night and the crowds were light, the food was ok at best. There were other resturants around the corner that I kick myself for not going to, instead I chose what I believed was the safer choice and something I knew.
- The food was good and plenty.TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The food was good and plenty.The service was awesome and top notch. I had forgotten to remind them about my friend's bday and they reminded me instead.Special Features:
- The best pasta dish and dessertGreatVIPDined on 3/22/2013The best pasta dish and dessert I have had in Miami neighborhoods.Special Features:
- Plan 2 spend all night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013Food is very good, and the menu is far more varied than a typical Italian restaurant, including some great sushi rolls as appetizers. Value was also very good for the quality. Biggest problem is the service. It took us almost 4 hours to have a standard meal for three people. And that was on a Tuesday evening, albeit the restaurant was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Dinner and service were great. The only complaint is it was very noisy.Special Features:
- I had an amazing Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had an amazing Valentine's day dinner . They were very nice and very helpful.. I love that restaurant !!Special Features:
- Restaurant was not aware ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2013Restaurant was not aware of the reservation, we had to ask for menus, service was brisk and indifferent. New decor made the restaurant feel boxed in, lighting was harsh. A 'meh' experience, all in all.
- The service was courteousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012The service was courteous and friendly, with good knowledge about wine and food choices. The pasta dishes were standard/fair. The Tiramisu was very good.
- The new menu is disappointing.joeyVIPDined on 12/8/2012The new menu is disappointing. The quality of the food has declined.
- Always a solid choice. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Always a solid choice. Good food. Pleasant surroundings and serviceSpecial Features:
- Why change to the worse...cgtigerVIPDined on 10/19/2012We've been regular customers at this restaurant for many years. The food has been consistently very good at reasonable prices. That has all changed with the introduction of a new menu. We should have taken the advice of the waiter upon ordering the fish dish with tamarind sauce. He immediately suggested that we ought to substitute a lemon sauce... we thought we'd try something new, so we declined to substitute. Even after returning the dish to have the sauce removed, the lingering flavor combination was not appetizing. The other entree was a steak that turned out to be several smaller pieces of meat. Not bad, but too much fat for my taste. We also thought that the higher prices on the menu are not justified.
- Food good, service horribleWhatithinkDined on 10/6/2012I've been to Sole several times b/c the food is good and it has a nice crowd. However, the service is sometimes horrible. On our most recent visit, our older, gray-haired Italian server that has worked there forever was rude and impatient. Not a half welcome smile upon arrival or during our entire meal. While taking our order it appeared he was doing us a huge favor and he became visibly irate if we asked him to repeat a special or asked a question.. After our meal, he brought the check and then stood about 10' from the table constantly glancing at us to see if we had already put our credit card in the bifold. Granted, it was 11pm, but our reservations were for 9:30 and there were still,several other guests in the restaurant.
- We will recommend and returnMrsG9310Dined on 9/1/2012There were four of us dining on a Saturday evening. Each of us had something differnt. My husband had the risotto which was excellent. I had the pear and grogonzola pasta which is one of my favorite dishes, and this version didn't disappoint. Our friends had fish and a chicken rollatini, which I didn't try, but they were more than happy with. We all enjoyed the entire experience. The food was very good the service was wonderful. The host was a little abrupt, but not rude. If it had been a cooler evening, I'd like to try dining outside next time.Special Features:
- Still a favorite of mine!JodiVIPDined on 9/1/2012Still a favorite of mine! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Everything very good withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Everything very good with the exception of a tippy table that took 3 tries to stabilizeSpecial Features:
- The food and cocktails wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012The food and cocktails were outstanding but our waiter was awful.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/21/2012As always everything was great. From the food to the service.Special Features: