Trattoria San Pietro
376 Washington St.
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria San Pietro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriasanpietro.com/
- Phone: 7816592009
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Weatherston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Lunch parties could be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Duarte 7816592009
A word from Trattoria San Pietro
Trattoria San Pietro features authentic Italian Cuisine, Owners Vincenzo Nocera and Anna Duarte originally from the Campania region in Italy delight guests with the freshest and most traditional Italian creations. Opened since 1990, Trattoria San Pierto has been a gourmet landmark for Italian cuisine in the South Shore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trattoria San Pietro - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Trattoria San Pietro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (31)romantic (31)good for groups (10)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- consistently goodMaryDined on 8/16/2014I've been to Trattoria San Pietro several times and the food and the service are always consistently good. The salmon special I got was amazing. It was a birthday dinner and I called ahead to ask that a piece of cake be brought out at the end of dinner, which they did, at a perfect time. It was another great dining experience and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An August Must VisitSteakLoverDined on 8/13/2014August brings my favorite appetizer special, the chopped cucumber, heirloom tomatoes, feta cheese, with white balsamic. To die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but small hiccupPonchDined on 8/9/2014Always quality presented thoughtfully w excellent service. This was my 3rd visit in 3 weeks. Ordered the swordfish special as did another person in party. My plate had approximately 1/2 the swordfish compared to the other and it appeared to small. Brought it server's attention. All I wanted was acknowledgement from manager and got nothing. Left a bad taste in my mouth for what otherwise was a very good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotTrishDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful dinner, the waitstaff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!EdconsultVIPDined on 8/8/2014We hadn't been to Trattoria San Pietro in several years and now will return more often for sure. The food was excellent (substituted veal for chicken in the saltimboca) and no problem giving me veggies instead of carbs. My husband's seafood dish (linguine tutti de mare) was excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrissyDined on 8/7/2014Made a reservation and table was ready when we got there. Food was delicious! Waitress was Great! Can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:
- Nailman88Nailman88Dined on 8/3/2014Bread dish was dirty, had to ask for another which they replaced right away. My wife's vegetables were cold. swordfish special came undercooked (it was pink and cold in the center) had to send it back to be cooked further. vegetables not kept warm while recooking & were cold. I was disappointed with a lack of dessert a menu. The waiter came and recited the options but my son was not at the table so we had to wait for the waiter to come back a second time to explain the 7 choices! asked about a coffee drink option and the waiter said he would check for us, but he did not return with the answer till after we had been served and finished our deserts. disappointed with speed of service & lack of attention to the food from the kitchen
- specialDined on 7/19/2014Trattoria San Pietro is one of our favorite restaurants. The pasta dishes as well as the meat dishes are simply delicious with the sauces. we have never been disappointed. We love the shrimp appetizer with the broccoli rabe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, however the service was sub par. Though very friendly, the wait staff seemed inexperienced and distracted. I would say they would benefit from more training. This would not preclude me from coming back again. All in all, I would say the food made up for what the wait staff lacked. Would recommend this restaurant to others and will return. This could easily become our favorite Italian restaurant on the south shore if the bugs get worked out of the service end!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014food is outstanding. Waitress was alone with about 10 tables to care for and only teenage bus boys to help her. Hostess seemed a bit ditsy and did not pay attention to our table at all. I had to go to her station to get bill after waiting over 15 minutes for attention.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014This is our go-to for consistently good food and friendly service. Great choices on the regular menu, and tempting specials to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...EatOutOftenVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is my favorite restaurant on the South Shore. It seemed a little noisier than usual on this recent visit but a great place with great service and great food. The specials are always creative and delicious and well worth trying. If you are looking for a really special dinner, Trattoria San Pietro is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food is consistently great at San Pietro. We ordered pasta dishes; the bolagnase and the bossciolla with the special salad. The service is friendly competent and always attentive. The offer a dessert stand full of wonderful choices of cakes as well as menu items. One of our favorite local Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Food ok, service very goodSullyDined on 6/27/2014I have the bologonaise which was not good-very little sauce all pasta-my husband had mussels with sand- bread is boring-- the noise level is very high- Service was very good and friendly waitress!! We have eaten there in the past an it was better.
- Great entreesMarieBDined on 6/22/2014Entrees were good and the service was great. Disappointing appetizer and salad...My vegetables with my entree looked like the most sorry things I've ever seen haha. I asked the waiter for an extra side of green beans and he happily went to get me some. He came back to say they only had green beans mixed with mashed potato...I appreciated his effort anyway. So my filet was all I had and it was delicious. My bf had the saltimbocca which he got with veal instead of chicken. He ate it all in about 5 seconds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!DelishDined on 6/15/2014San Pietro's menu is so diverse. From the appetizers to the entre, it is a real treat to taste such unique recipes. Finally, you have a choice from the dessert cart...so hard to choose. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were a table of four tonight. Each of us had a different meal. One had the pasta with sausage, one had bossciolla, another bolangnse, and the fourth had veal milanse. The entire group was very happy with our meals. Our waiter was very friendly,courteous and attentive. the food was terrific, the salads were special and a wonderful night was had by all.Special Features:
- LAMB CHOPSPAPACATSMOMDined on 6/14/2014THE LAMB CHOPS THEMSELVES WERE DELICIOUS BUT THE BALSAMIC REDUCTION OVER THE TOP WAS WAY TOO STRONG AND REALLY TOOK AWAY FROM THE DISH TO THE POINT I WOULD ORDER IT WITHOUT OR ON THE SIDE. PRESENTATION WAS GREAT WITH CARROTS POTATOES AND SNAP PEAS. VERY COLORFUL AND TASTY.Special Features:
- Great food!StayhomeChefDadDined on 6/13/2014We have been here a few times, and every time the food is fantastic! Well prepared, nicely seasoned and it comes out of the kitchen hot! (or cold if salad, oysters!) Waitstaff well educated on the menu and specials, very friendly and helpful. As a former chef, now a stay home Dad, I appreciate a great meal out where everything goes well.Special Features:
- Terrific FoodluvtoeatVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another great dining experience at San Pietro. This is a terrific neighborhood gem. The food never disappoints. We both had pasta which was cooked to perfection. The salad special was to die for; bib lettuce with cherries, goat cheese and pecans. Thank you again for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- fish1919Dined on 5/31/2014Great dining experience !...my girlfriend and I both thouroughly enjoyed our meals...can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was fantastic. Felt like we were in an authentic Italian restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badJonathanVIPDined on 5/30/2014Just happened to stumble across the place and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good menu and the dining room is fairly nice. I would recommend it if you are looking for a standard Italian menu.
- sjmtennisDined on 5/30/2014food was great and service was exceptional- fettuccine was cooked perfectly and our waiter was knowledgeable and very smooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 5/20/2014Food was superb as always. Perfect proportions and perfectly spiced. Both of our pasta dishes wre terrific. I had the Bolangse and my partner had the Bosciaolla. We shared and loved both of our dinners. Thanks again!Special Features:
- excellentedineoutDined on 5/19/2014We had five different meals and shared an appetizer, all were delicious!Special Features:
- Always excellentBarbDDined on 5/15/2014An excellent dining experience! The food is always top notch and the special salad with the Bibb lettuce was outstanding!! I brought friends there for a commemorative dinner for a colleague at work and everyone loved it Compliments to am Adam and crew and our waitress and her assistant were also excellent! Thanks for a great nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSmilebcuzDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and food. I'll definetly be back!!Special Features:
- Rude manager and overpricedSicilianFrankDined on 5/10/2014May 10th, This was my 30th wedding anniversary, I made a reservation a week in advance.This was our first time here hostess tried to gave us a table in claustrophobic corner. Told the hostess that was not acceptable, offered to wait , got the Manager. The Manager was very rude, I suggested one of many unoccupied tables "they were for customers that had reservations" (which we had). I also explained to the manager that this was our 30th anniversary and our first visit there so I wanted a nice comfortable setting. She refused very rudely so we took the claustrophobic table. The food was fair at best and WAY OVERPRICED ! Will never return again. Will not recommend to anyone!obscenely OVERPRICED for mediocre food.
- FANTASTICToddDined on 5/5/2014A south shore must if you want great Italian Food. Notable must GUAZETTO DI CROSTACEI AL TEGAME. This dish was fantastic! I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- friends night outcuncanclanDined on 5/3/2014we recently ate at your restaurant and had a very good experience. All of the food and drinks were great, as well as the service. Would recommend to friends that haven't been before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nasty ownerjp22Dined on 5/3/2014We frequent the Café Strega which is the sister restaurant in Plymouth. This place is nothing like the Café. The staff is so pleasant at the other restaurant they are welcoming and friendly and the food is terrific. Although the food at Pietro's is very good and the staff is very friendly the owner is an obnoxious fellow who is darned outright rude. He will stare at you if he feels it is time for you to leave. We have been there a few times and have tried to be forgiving of his attitude but he is so blatant that it is impossible. He and I almost ran into each other and I stood back and said excuse me although it was clearly his fault, he pushed straight ahead never looking at me nor said a word. It is almost sad to see someone so angry.Special Features:
- CrispyoysterDined on 5/2/2014Too noisy! No kids menu. Ok for kids who like pasta only. Eggplant special very good. Old school Italian food. Tiramisu soaked in rum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 513 reviews are from the Trattoria San Pietro reviews archive.
- Always perfectluvtoeatVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food here never disappoints. Tonight we had the bolangse and the bossciolla- perfectly done! Terrific salad special and a great night out. We will be back real soon!Special Features:
- Food was tastyJRH3Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I dined for the first time at Trattoria San Pietro on a Saturday night. We had made reservations which was a good thing as it was busy (around 7:30). It seemed like alot of older patrons were dining probably in the 6pm time-frame, as it did seem to get a little less busier after 8pm. We had a drink at the bar while we waited for our table (drinks seemed very pricey), and many people were eating dinner at the bar. Our table was by the door so there was a bit of a cold breeze, but there are other tables by the windows that I'm sure are more glamorous. The waitstaff was fine, and there were runners who filled water. The main plus was the main dishes we had. I had rolled pasta dish and my wife had raviolis. Both were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nighttwister2000Dined on 4/18/2014The food and service were lovely. We will absolutely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Reasonable prices and very authentic Italian fare. We barely opened the menus because the evening specials were so enticing. I had a pan-fried trout cooked perfectly with mixed greens, and mynhusband had a kale- stuffed ravioli with chicken and pomodoro sauce that was labelled spicy but more like fra diavlo. Shared a Caesar salad, split a bottle of wine, with espressos and a piece of carrot cake and the bill was $105.Special Features:
- Nice mealMangaBraintreeDined on 4/14/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and expect to return. Menu was extensive and there were so many wonderful choices.Special Features:
- Excellent dinning experiencediner137Dined on 4/12/2014We found the dinning experience exceeded our expectations. We had the Pollo Saltimbocca and the Penne Alla Siciliana. Both dishes presentations were pleasing. The dishes were delicious and served promptly. The service was friendly and interactive. We have revisited Trattoria San Pietro since our first visit on April 12 and found the food and service to be of the same high quality. We plan to visit again.Special Features:
- Average at best. AntipastodevoDined on 4/11/2014Average at best. Antipasto plate appetizer was a disappointment. It had slices of tough prosciutto (sliced way too thick), very strong cheese which was almost inedible, & very oily grilled eggplant. Only the marinated peppers & fresh mozzarella tasted good. The Veal Milanese was overcooked, tough and grisly and not pounded thin, as this dish is should be prepared. The spicy shrimp & zucchini pasta was tasty but somewhat oily & VERY SPICY. The dessert cart offered nothing appealing--just mass-produced cakes. Not sure why this restaurant gets the favorable reviews that it does--perhaps it's busy because it is the only non-chain italian food available in the area. Will not go back. Ever.