Trattoria San Pietro
376 Washington St.
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trattoria San Pietro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriasanpietro.com/
- Phone: 7816592009
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Weatherston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Lunch parties could be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Duarte 7816592009
A word from Trattoria San Pietro
Trattoria San Pietro features authentic Italian Cuisine, Owners Vincenzo Nocera and Anna Duarte originally from the Campania region in Italy delight guests with the freshest and most traditional Italian creations. Opened since 1990, Trattoria San Pierto has been a gourmet landmark for Italian cuisine in the South Shore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trattoria San Pietro - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Trattoria San Pietro reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (22)romantic (14)notable wine list (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014My wife wanted to have her birthday dinner here and it was great! Nice dining room, great service and great food. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was great. Our only issue was that we arrived at 7:30 for a 7:45pm reservation and we were not seated tip 8:10 which normally would have been okay but the bar area was very busy therefore we didn't have a place to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed eveningjayceeDined on 10/18/2014the started out great. My wife and I were out for my birthday dinner. We ordered one of the specials. The Osso Bucco was and saffron risotto were superb!!!! My wife has a small appetite and she wanted room for dessert. She had half of her meal left so she obviously wanted the leftovers. We had dessert which was great. When we went to pay the bill I asked for the doggy bag only to be told that it was THROWN OUT!!!! this infuriated my wife. Why would you throw out half of a $33 meal. They offered a replacement meal but we did not want to wait that long. They did take the dish off the bill but it still left a bad taste in our mouths. Also, they seemed to be short staffed . bottom line not going back!!!Special Features:
- pozthatrefreshesDined on 10/2/2014Service was very friendly...Waitress terrific...food always very consistant/very good.....Price point provides value for very good food....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Questionable ServicebbrocksDined on 10/1/2014We have been here several times and always enjoy the food. The service is something to be considered.After being seated I wanted to order a bottle of wine but our waitress totally ignored us was talking to a couple at a table for about 15-20 minutes before she decided to get back to work. She came by our table and I had to flag her down to get our wine order in. The table near us also had been waiting for her to get back to work. The waitress had an attitude of arrogance right from the beginning of the night. The shift manager from the Pietro called and said she heard that I was "disappointed".It was clear to me that our waitress was essentially covering her butt. See my full review on YELP There is more to the story than I can fit here.Special Features:
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Variety if menu selections without being overwhelming. Traditional Italian style dining. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Our servers was very attentive. It was a busy Saturday night and even though we had a reservation we had to wait 25 for our table to be ready.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJoe1Dined on 9/19/2014Consistent in good food and good service. Limited but good wine list covering most tastes in wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodsnobDined on 9/15/2014This is one of my favorite Italian restaurants on the South Shore. The service is always great and they are happy to accommodate gluten free and "make your own" requests. From salads and their homemade aged vinaigrette to meatballs and pasta dishes, everything I've had is delicious.Special Features:
- Great food; mediocre servicegmanDined on 9/14/2014Trattoria San Pietro is consistent. The food is always very good, but service is average to mediocre. Service was slow (it took almost 45 minutes to get two pasta dishes) and the restaurant was busy but not full. Our server never mastered a smile until she gave us the check. It was too late by then. She volunteered that the slow service was the result of them "breaking in a new pasta chef". Huh! She was even slow on refilling drink orders while we waited. Unfortunately, this is the reason why we don't go to this restaurant very often.Special Features:
- Outstanding - as usualRob02339Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service here is consistently fantastic. The food and drinks are all top notch.Special Features:
- ironmanDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food, good portion control, good wine selection and price list. My continual complaint about this restaurant is the noise level. They need to deaden the sound. I had trouble hearing the waitress and she was standing right next to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodMaryDined on 8/16/2014I've been to Trattoria San Pietro several times and the food and the service are always consistently good. The salmon special I got was amazing. It was a birthday dinner and I called ahead to ask that a piece of cake be brought out at the end of dinner, which they did, at a perfect time. It was another great dining experience and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An August Must VisitSteakLoverDined on 8/13/2014August brings my favorite appetizer special, the chopped cucumber, heirloom tomatoes, feta cheese, with white balsamic. To die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but small hiccupPonchDined on 8/9/2014Always quality presented thoughtfully w excellent service. This was my 3rd visit in 3 weeks. Ordered the swordfish special as did another person in party. My plate had approximately 1/2 the swordfish compared to the other and it appeared to small. Brought it server's attention. All I wanted was acknowledgement from manager and got nothing. Left a bad taste in my mouth for what otherwise was a very good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotTrishDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful dinner, the waitstaff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!EdconsultVIPDined on 8/8/2014We hadn't been to Trattoria San Pietro in several years and now will return more often for sure. The food was excellent (substituted veal for chicken in the saltimboca) and no problem giving me veggies instead of carbs. My husband's seafood dish (linguine tutti de mare) was excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrissyDined on 8/7/2014Made a reservation and table was ready when we got there. Food was delicious! Waitress was Great! Can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:
- Nailman88Nailman88Dined on 8/3/2014Bread dish was dirty, had to ask for another which they replaced right away. My wife's vegetables were cold. swordfish special came undercooked (it was pink and cold in the center) had to send it back to be cooked further. vegetables not kept warm while recooking & were cold. I was disappointed with a lack of dessert a menu. The waiter came and recited the options but my son was not at the table so we had to wait for the waiter to come back a second time to explain the 7 choices! asked about a coffee drink option and the waiter said he would check for us, but he did not return with the answer till after we had been served and finished our deserts. disappointed with speed of service & lack of attention to the food from the kitchen
- specialDined on 7/19/2014Trattoria San Pietro is one of our favorite restaurants. The pasta dishes as well as the meat dishes are simply delicious with the sauces. we have never been disappointed. We love the shrimp appetizer with the broccoli rabe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, however the service was sub par. Though very friendly, the wait staff seemed inexperienced and distracted. I would say they would benefit from more training. This would not preclude me from coming back again. All in all, I would say the food made up for what the wait staff lacked. Would recommend this restaurant to others and will return. This could easily become our favorite Italian restaurant on the south shore if the bugs get worked out of the service end!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014food is outstanding. Waitress was alone with about 10 tables to care for and only teenage bus boys to help her. Hostess seemed a bit ditsy and did not pay attention to our table at all. I had to go to her station to get bill after waiting over 15 minutes for attention.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014This is our go-to for consistently good food and friendly service. Great choices on the regular menu, and tempting specials to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...EatOutOftenVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is my favorite restaurant on the South Shore. It seemed a little noisier than usual on this recent visit but a great place with great service and great food. The specials are always creative and delicious and well worth trying. If you are looking for a really special dinner, Trattoria San Pietro is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food is consistently great at San Pietro. We ordered pasta dishes; the bolagnase and the bossciolla with the special salad. The service is friendly competent and always attentive. The offer a dessert stand full of wonderful choices of cakes as well as menu items. One of our favorite local Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- The following 533 reviews are from the Trattoria San Pietro reviews archive.
- Food ok, service very goodSullyDined on 6/27/2014I have the bologonaise which was not good-very little sauce all pasta-my husband had mussels with sand- bread is boring-- the noise level is very high- Service was very good and friendly waitress!! We have eaten there in the past an it was better.
- Great entreesMarieBDined on 6/22/2014Entrees were good and the service was great. Disappointing appetizer and salad...My vegetables with my entree looked like the most sorry things I've ever seen haha. I asked the waiter for an extra side of green beans and he happily went to get me some. He came back to say they only had green beans mixed with mashed potato...I appreciated his effort anyway. So my filet was all I had and it was delicious. My bf had the saltimbocca which he got with veal instead of chicken. He ate it all in about 5 seconds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!DelishDined on 6/15/2014San Pietro's menu is so diverse. From the appetizers to the entre, it is a real treat to taste such unique recipes. Finally, you have a choice from the dessert cart...so hard to choose. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were a table of four tonight. Each of us had a different meal. One had the pasta with sausage, one had bossciolla, another bolangnse, and the fourth had veal milanse. The entire group was very happy with our meals. Our waiter was very friendly,courteous and attentive. the food was terrific, the salads were special and a wonderful night was had by all.Special Features:
- LAMB CHOPSPAPACATSMOMDined on 6/14/2014THE LAMB CHOPS THEMSELVES WERE DELICIOUS BUT THE BALSAMIC REDUCTION OVER THE TOP WAS WAY TOO STRONG AND REALLY TOOK AWAY FROM THE DISH TO THE POINT I WOULD ORDER IT WITHOUT OR ON THE SIDE. PRESENTATION WAS GREAT WITH CARROTS POTATOES AND SNAP PEAS. VERY COLORFUL AND TASTY.Special Features:
- Great food!StayhomeChefDadDined on 6/13/2014We have been here a few times, and every time the food is fantastic! Well prepared, nicely seasoned and it comes out of the kitchen hot! (or cold if salad, oysters!) Waitstaff well educated on the menu and specials, very friendly and helpful. As a former chef, now a stay home Dad, I appreciate a great meal out where everything goes well.Special Features:
- Terrific FoodluvtoeatVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another great dining experience at San Pietro. This is a terrific neighborhood gem. The food never disappoints. We both had pasta which was cooked to perfection. The salad special was to die for; bib lettuce with cherries, goat cheese and pecans. Thank you again for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- fish1919Dined on 5/31/2014Great dining experience !...my girlfriend and I both thouroughly enjoyed our meals...can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was fantastic. Felt like we were in an authentic Italian restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badJonathanVIPDined on 5/30/2014Just happened to stumble across the place and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good menu and the dining room is fairly nice. I would recommend it if you are looking for a standard Italian menu.
- sjmtennisDined on 5/30/2014food was great and service was exceptional- fettuccine was cooked perfectly and our waiter was knowledgeable and very smooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulluvtoeatVIPDined on 5/20/2014Food was superb as always. Perfect proportions and perfectly spiced. Both of our pasta dishes wre terrific. I had the Bolangse and my partner had the Bosciaolla. We shared and loved both of our dinners. Thanks again!Special Features:
- excellentedineoutDined on 5/19/2014We had five different meals and shared an appetizer, all were delicious!Special Features:
- Always excellentBarbDDined on 5/15/2014An excellent dining experience! The food is always top notch and the special salad with the Bibb lettuce was outstanding!! I brought friends there for a commemorative dinner for a colleague at work and everyone loved it Compliments to am Adam and crew and our waitress and her assistant were also excellent! Thanks for a great nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSmilebcuzDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and food. I'll definetly be back!!Special Features:
- Rude manager and overpricedSicilianFrankDined on 5/10/2014May 10th, This was my 30th wedding anniversary, I made a reservation a week in advance.This was our first time here hostess tried to gave us a table in claustrophobic corner. Told the hostess that was not acceptable, offered to wait , got the Manager. The Manager was very rude, I suggested one of many unoccupied tables "they were for customers that had reservations" (which we had). I also explained to the manager that this was our 30th anniversary and our first visit there so I wanted a nice comfortable setting. She refused very rudely so we took the claustrophobic table. The food was fair at best and WAY OVERPRICED ! Will never return again. Will not recommend to anyone!obscenely OVERPRICED for mediocre food.