499 East Palmetto Park Road
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaromanabocaraton.com/
- Phone: 5613936715x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Gismondi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for parties of 6-45. Contact Carol Brown for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Brown 5613936715x
A word from Trattoria Romana
Welcome to Trattoria Romana, one of South Florida's premier restaurants where you can experience a casual, relaxing evening with authentic Italian dishes. Established in 1993, chef/owner Arturo Gismondi blends the most innovative and exquisite culinary creations with the old world charm of Italy. Choose from an extensive menu that features such signature dishes as Lobster Tails Garlic & Oil, Veal Chop Romana, and Jumbo Shrimp Saltimbocca, all prepared using only the freshest and finest ingredients. The superb wine list features over 400 world-class international and domestic labels. Located near the Intracoastal Waterway and within walking distance from the Boca Raton Hotel and Club.Continued
Trattoria Romana is the place to be and the place to be seen.
We look forward to dining with you.
Trattoria Romana is the place to be and the place to be seen.
We look forward to dining with you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Romana - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Trattoria Romana reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (29)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Italian food at its best.Be4yougoVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food and service are ALWAYS outstanding! The noise level atrocious, partially due to the drunken, egotistical and self-possessed state of most of the clientele who need to be heard by everyone in a 3 mile radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.ForbridgetDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is very nice but the service was slow between the salad and entre. The food was good but my entre was not exceptional. I would definitely go there again and probably would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Classic ItalalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Antipasti offering was similar to what I have experienced in Italy, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of BocasteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Best restaurant in town.. Has beeb for along time and every time I go, it is confirmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryVIPDined on 9/4/2014While pricey, food and service was excellent. Penne ala vodka the best I've had.Special Features:
- SpectacularGTSNY1VIPDined on 9/3/2014A taste of Italy. I dine here frequently for many reasons. Great food,great service and ambiance. Delicious veal chop served so many ways. Great eggplant pie. Every type of delicious fish one could desire.Special Features:
- Food always deliciouslotsoffoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014The veal was the most tender I have ever had. Wife's bronzini was scruptuous .
- new findfoodcriticDined on 8/20/2014I found this restaurant on yelp and so glad. I am a Manhattanite spoiled by the abundance of excellent restaurants. I travel to Boca regularly to visit family, friends and meet with business associates. The restaurants I have relied on in the past have been disappointing lately. Trattoria served us good quality meals along with very good service. We didn't even mind that the waiter mixed up the drink order because he was very apologetic and personable if not professional. I plan to always include a night or two at Trattoria on all future visits.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerseclawVIPDined on 8/18/2014A perfect dinner with my wife for her birthday. Food, service. and atmosphere all outstandingSpecial Features:
- Pricey but worth it!pattypilotDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed our 1st visit to Trattoria Romana - the food & service were superb! The decor & ambience makes you feel like you are at a villa in Italy instead of downtown Boca. We began with Burratta, tomatoes & argula salad; which enjoyed with their homemade breads. It was a tough decision but we had the pounded Veal chop (the best we ever had) and also the Fruitti de Mare; which was full of seafood; in a light tomato broth over linquine. Our server was extremely helpful without being pushy. The menu is extensive making it a tough decision on what to order. It's expensive but if you appreciate quality food & service you won't mind paying the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ClassEETjrVIPDined on 8/5/2014Trattoria Romana has a reputation as being the finest Italian restaurant in South Florida. It is certainly well-deserved. Everything about it is perfection. The menu is varied and extensive but each dish appears to have been individually prepared. The service is outstanding as is the varied wine list. it is a memorable experience I hope to repeat frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should match PriceFoodiefromNYVIPDined on 8/2/2014As a New York foodie I'm used to high prices AS long as its commiserate with great service. Sadly Trattoria Roman does not live up to the price tag. I was there for a special occasion and our waiter was awful!! So I paid the tab but would not recommend or back! The food was good NOT great and not worth what they charged.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experienceDonnaFDined on 7/24/2014We love eating here. Food is always delicious and the staff is very attentive!!Special Features:
- Not thrillingMajicDined on 7/24/2014For the reputation this restaurant has it was disappointing, especially for the money. Very nice atmosphere and the service was good, but all four us had different dishes and we all stated the food was just average. We would not hurry back
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014We stumbled across this place on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try. The positive reviews were right, this is a gem of a Italian restaurant in Douth FL, more reminiscent of a classy New York Italian restaurant than what you normally find in FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Being in ItalyluvitalianDined on 7/23/2014The food was absolutely delicious. It was good quality, large portions and served with style. The service was wonderful and all of the staff were professional and trained to make our dining experience one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experience, Bravo!!CapriDined on 7/23/2014We came to celebrate mom's 75th birthday and it was a Great experience as usual. Succulent lobster, tasty Marsala, and flavorful Veal Chop with a rustic hillside ambiance of Italy, set the tone for a glorious evening. Thank you, Dr. Ernest Caruso and FamilySpecial Features:
- Poor seating/small tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/22/2014Chairs extremely uncomfortable & tables small. Unacceptable for a restaurant in this price range. Food OK, but nothing special. Service was very competent.
- Can't Be Beat!VincentVIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been coming here for years. Always amazed that the food quality and service stays at the top of its game. Boca Raton is a tough market and while we've seen dozens of restaurateurs fail in town, these folks keep providing a real dining experience that keeps them packed. Reserve your table days ahead!! WAIT! I shouldn't have said that! If you reserve early, it will make it harder for me to get a reservation!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, very priceyNYMindedDinerDined on 7/20/2014Sat my table of six just at the entrance to the dining room which sort of ruined the ambiance for us, with the cocktail. dress-clad 20-something receptionist prancing her wares a wee distracting. Main course came out for the others as I waited 10 minutes for my own dinner to come out. Once out, the food was excellent for south Florida but concordantly priced. Apologies, but no compensation were offered for the delay in my main course. Not too classy for such a pseudo-classy environment, particularly in light of the price of the meal. I would have to rate my dining experience "good" rather than "great" overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our experienceGLENDaDined on 7/17/2014altho at 1st we were led 2 a corner (we were 4 women) we suggested main dining room-altho noisey the atmosphere was upbeat-food as always was superb-meatball app was enormous-a little bready but still delicious as everything else we ordered one of favorite restaurants-we also ordered veal eggplant pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014First time there I took a date and it was very relaxing yet romantic. Food and service were excellent, it made my date very enjoyable. The valet in complimentary and they will wash your car inside and out fro a very reasonable price while you dine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRichGVIPDined on 7/13/2014Rivals any NYC Italian. Outstanding food; great variety; outstanding service. Has never disappointed. Try the eggplant pie, the veal Romana.Special Features:
- Boca 123Boca123VIPDined on 7/10/2014The branzino and chicken scarapiello were memorable and the service exceptional. We will be back to enjoy the experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian in BocaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Living in NYC makes you spoiled when it comes to good Italian food. Romano did not disappoint. Start to finish one of the best meals I have had out in a long time. Order the meatball app if it's a special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCherieDined on 6/30/2014This has always been our go to retaurant, but we were very disappointed this time. The noise level was so loud we were unable to converse at our table. We waited for more then 45 minutes for our main course. The Ceaser salad was unforgetable, much like Duffeys. It was a birthday for my husband and they simply put a candle on a plate of cookies (the same as they serve after every meal) sprinkled with sugar. We will not return any time soon.
- Sensational!FotoVIPDined on 6/22/2014Truly enjoyed the meal and friendly staff. Look forward to coming back and bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC57VIPDined on 6/19/2014This restaurant is the epitome of consistently great Italian dishes. The wait staff is friendly and thorough. I've been there many times and everything is terrific each and every time. ENJOY!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian plungeFoodieexpVIPDined on 6/19/2014If you like Italian food this a must visit on your bucket list for special occasions. Just keep hold of you wallet! There is an extensive and expensive wine list to go with your food order.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is very good here at this highly popular and packed restaurant. There are many specials, which often can be surprisingly expensive.Special Features:
- Remains a favoriteJoanDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful as usual! We went there for Father's Day, and while the atmospher was enegetic, our dining needs were very well met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatnycfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to Trattoria Romana for Father's Day and everything was just lovely. The food was delicious, service outstanding and they were very accommodating to my two picky eater kids!Special Features:
- Always IncredibleGTSNY1VIPDined on 6/12/2014Trattoria Romana is my favorite Italian restaurant in Florida. When you sit, you are served a large portion of the worlds best bruschetta and wonderful bread. The giant meatball appetizer is amazing. Also , try the eggplant pie...soo sooo good. From fish to veal to steak, the food is always excellent. Great service. I have been here 20-30 times and it never get's old!Special Features:
- The best ItalianTrd1Dined on 6/8/2014Great Italian but on the pricey side- but like most things- you get what you pay for. The Snapper oreganata was great. Meatball fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!FefeVIPDined on 5/27/2014Never a bad meal here. The bar could be larger as there is always a wait, even with a reservation. Have been coming for years. Always crowded, even in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2014Cannot recommend. The older woman at the door was rude to customers. Do not feel welcome here. Do not go.
- The following 735 reviews are from the Trattoria Romana reviews archive.
- SysaysSysaysDined on 5/22/2014We have dined here many times and will continue to do so. One of the finest restaurants in south Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerJust4funVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great food and very good service. I had a pounded veal chop that was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gg77Gg77VIPDined on 5/18/2014This restaurant has old world charm! The food is very very good -- what I would expect in NYC .Special Features:
- AmazingSplendidVIPDined on 5/16/2014How do they do it? Fantastic food no matter what you order. Soft Shell Crabs wonderful. No matter what you order it is fresh, hot and delicious. The service is impeccable. Pastas are out of this world. The staff is trained to serve the guest .Special Features: