499 East Palmetto Park Road
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriaromanabocaraton.com/
- Phone: (561) 393-6715
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Gismondi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for parties of 6-45. Contact Carol Brown for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Brown 5613936715x
A word from Trattoria Romana
Welcome to Trattoria Romana, one of South Florida's premier restaurants where you can experience a casual, relaxing evening with authentic Italian dishes. Established in 1993, chef/owner Arturo Gismondi blends the most innovative and exquisite culinary creations with the old world charm of Italy. Choose from an extensive menu that features such signature dishes as Lobster Tails Garlic & Oil, Veal Chop Romana, and Jumbo Shrimp Saltimbocca, all prepared using only the freshest and finest ingredients. The superb wine list features over 400 world-class international and domestic labels. Located near the Intracoastal Waterway and within walking distance from the Boca Raton Hotel and Club.Continued
Trattoria Romana is the place to be and the place to be seen.
We look forward to dining with you.
Trattoria Romana is the place to be and the place to be seen.
We look forward to dining with you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Romana - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Trattoria Romana reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (29)notable wine list (27)hot spot (23)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- My favorite in BocodinneroutDined on 11/23/2014In all the years I have been traveling to the area, I never miss one or two nights here. The food is 5 star as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014I had read in other reviews that the restaurant favored regular clients and excluded newcomers. We did not find this to be true. While we had to wait 30 minutes after our reservation time, the service staff was extremely accommodating and made us feel very welcome. Our server was excellent, as was the cuisine. It was my wife's birthday, and we had a good experience. The lobster-stuffed ravioli, as well as the veal chop, were first-rate. We intend to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.KCBocaDined on 11/20/2014probably the best Italian food in Boca Raton. It is an expensive restaurant . So go for a special occasion or just splurge and have fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmenttippirDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant was very highly recommended by several people and we found it to be a disappointment. The pasta was very underwhelming. The fish I ordered was very good. Our waiter was not very attentive. The cheesecake was excellent. Overall I would not be inclined to recommend.........I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinnershopperlkdVIPDined on 11/11/2014It was a lovely evening. It might be because winter season is not in full swing because the noise level was fine and our reservation was honored. Bonus.. goy a very good car wash while we dined!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodDiningDivaDined on 11/11/2014We always enjoy having dinner there. Fabulous food, always consistent, great atmosphere. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be BackqltartVIPDined on 11/9/2014Back here for the season and our first dinner out was Trattoria! Still the best,consistent and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This was our second experience and it matched the first! The food is so good...the service excellent...and we can't wait to return! There were so many seafood specials we had trouble picking. The seafood salad is totally amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time thereBarbaraarleneDined on 11/6/2014Good food and service Great specials Very crowded and had to wait 20 minutes extra from our reservation timeSpecial Features:
- PhyllisDined on 11/6/2014Overpriced. When I asked the waiter about veal chop preparation, he mentioned 20 0z chop which I felt was too large. Then he mentioned a smaller chop which he indicated was smaller, and I asked him how thick, to which he replied approximately 1" on the bone. When my dish arrived it was flat and was not good. My wife ordered Chilean Sea Bass which was inferior to other restaurants. Wine was $16.00 a glass. The only highlight of the evening was the strawberry short cake. This was a special occasion ruined by a mediocre meal.
- Italian foodabcgooddiner7Dined on 11/5/2014Excellant food taste preparation quantity and delivery plus table clothsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAl12VIPDined on 11/5/2014This is one of our favorites. We have excellent food and service everytime we return.Special Features:
- Italian as it should be.wayneVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food was very good. However, the prices were high for what was served. The service could use a refresher course.Special Features:
- GoodDiningOutVIPDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was very nice and the food good, although a bit pricey. The service was good, they were always coming past the table to make sure that everything was good. They have valet parking, and also offer to wash your car, which is an additional $20.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best .SplendidVIPDined on 10/27/2014No restaurant in south Florida offers so many wonderful choices cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPatrDined on 10/26/2014Could not ask for a finer dining experience. Everything was outstanding! Delicious food, great service ...outstanding menu.Special Features:
- Best in BocaseclawVIPDined on 10/22/2014A terrific restaurant with incredible food and impeccable service. You really could not ask for anything more. If you can get a reservation, go. If you can't, go to the bar and eat there. A great experience either way.Special Features:
- superlative foodlotsoffoodVIPDined on 10/22/2014great dinner- delicious food noise level precludes conversation
- We loved it!PatHDined on 10/20/2014Redommended by a woman on the plane, evey bite was delicious. The service was great. I went with 3 female clients, and we shared food. The waiter had great suggestions.Special Features:
- Great food -wait staff overwhelmedFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014We have eaten here many times and always have a delicious dinner. This time was no exception. Our complaint lies with the waitstaff. The service was slow and not as attentive as usual. We waited a very long time between courses, and our waiter disappeared several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot fir special occasionsVickiPDined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to TR but it won't be our last. This was our 25th anniversary and it was perfect from start to finish. Great food Great ambiance and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.this was our 3rd time.Seidelsprayco1VIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food as a matter of fact outstanding. However they have yet to honor a reservation on time. We had to wait 45 minutes at the bar. That is not normally a problem however their drink prices are very high. So you have to nurse a drink. Two drinks were $38 before tip. The menu is great however you will suffer sticker shock so be prepared. Keep the number of visits to a min and it is worth the extra bucks! And be ready to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHarMelDined on 10/1/2014One of the best Boca restaurants. The food and service is fantastic. The location is perfect. Parking is great and the added touch of an available car wash is great.Special Features:
- third time's not the charmfoodieDined on 10/1/2014I first tried Trattoria Romana based on a very compelling glowing review. We were a large family group and enjoyed both good food and service. However, in several subsequent visits, we were served by an older waiter, who we later sadly discovered, did not even offer us all the specials. The most expensive dishes on the menu were the most disappointing: the lobster tails were tough as was the ossobucco. Once the main dishes were served, he disappeared. Since were no other servers or busboys to attend to our needs, we were unable to place drink orders or make other requests. It was even difficult to locate him to pay the check! The restaurant is only a 15 minute ride away but we have crossed it off our dining list.Special Features:
- a fantastic experiencepattypilotDined on 9/28/2014Our party of 4 really enjoyed the evening - the food & service were top notch. Our meal began with their complimentary bruchetta (which was delicious), followed by a variety of salads & olives from their olive bar. We enjoyed their daily specials - grilled swordfish, veal chop & the rigatoni with sausage & roasted red peppers in ala vodka sauce was heavenly. Our server Nick, offered professional service; he kept an eye on us and knew when we needed attention but disappeared when we didn't. The ambience makes you feel like you're in Italy yet conveniently located in downtown Boca Raton. Pricey but quality costs. A+Special Features:
- Best Italian on FL's East Coast!Michela727Dined on 9/23/2014Fantastic dining experience, all around. Great atmosphere, delicious food and outstanding service, ask for Tony to be your Server. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food at its best.Be4yougoVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food and service are ALWAYS outstanding! The noise level atrocious, partially due to the drunken, egotistical and self-possessed state of most of the clientele who need to be heard by everyone in a 3 mile radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.ForbridgetDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is very nice but the service was slow between the salad and entre. The food was good but my entre was not exceptional. I would definitely go there again and probably would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Classic ItalalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Antipasti offering was similar to what I have experienced in Italy, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of BocasteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Best restaurant in town.. Has beeb for along time and every time I go, it is confirmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryVIPDined on 9/4/2014While pricey, food and service was excellent. Penne ala vodka the best I've had.Special Features:
- SpectacularGTSNY1VIPDined on 9/3/2014A taste of Italy. I dine here frequently for many reasons. Great food,great service and ambiance. Delicious veal chop served so many ways. Great eggplant pie. Every type of delicious fish one could desire.Special Features:
- Food always deliciouslotsoffoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014The veal was the most tender I have ever had. Wife's bronzini was scruptuous .
- new findfoodcriticDined on 8/20/2014I found this restaurant on yelp and so glad. I am a Manhattanite spoiled by the abundance of excellent restaurants. I travel to Boca regularly to visit family, friends and meet with business associates. The restaurants I have relied on in the past have been disappointing lately. Trattoria served us good quality meals along with very good service. We didn't even mind that the waiter mixed up the drink order because he was very apologetic and personable if not professional. I plan to always include a night or two at Trattoria on all future visits.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerseclawVIPDined on 8/18/2014A perfect dinner with my wife for her birthday. Food, service. and atmosphere all outstandingSpecial Features:
- Pricey but worth it!pattypilotDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed our 1st visit to Trattoria Romana - the food & service were superb! The decor & ambience makes you feel like you are at a villa in Italy instead of downtown Boca. We began with Burratta, tomatoes & argula salad; which enjoyed with their homemade breads. It was a tough decision but we had the pounded Veal chop (the best we ever had) and also the Fruitti de Mare; which was full of seafood; in a light tomato broth over linquine. Our server was extremely helpful without being pushy. The menu is extensive making it a tough decision on what to order. It's expensive but if you appreciate quality food & service you won't mind paying the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ClassEETjrVIPDined on 8/5/2014Trattoria Romana has a reputation as being the finest Italian restaurant in South Florida. It is certainly well-deserved. Everything about it is perfection. The menu is varied and extensive but each dish appears to have been individually prepared. The service is outstanding as is the varied wine list. it is a memorable experience I hope to repeat frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should match PriceFoodiefromNYVIPDined on 8/2/2014As a New York foodie I'm used to high prices AS long as its commiserate with great service. Sadly Trattoria Roman does not live up to the price tag. I was there for a special occasion and our waiter was awful!! So I paid the tab but would not recommend or back! The food was good NOT great and not worth what they charged.Special Features:
- The following 762 reviews are from the Trattoria Romana reviews archive.
- Always a great dining experienceDonnaFDined on 7/24/2014We love eating here. Food is always delicious and the staff is very attentive!!Special Features:
- Not thrillingMajicDined on 7/24/2014For the reputation this restaurant has it was disappointing, especially for the money. Very nice atmosphere and the service was good, but all four us had different dishes and we all stated the food was just average. We would not hurry back